Breakdown

Breakdown

Slowly opening the door, he slipped inside and closed it quietly behind him. After taking of his shoes, he dropped his bag next to them, before he continued to the living-room. Holding his breath, he listened for anything indicating that someone else were in the dorm they shared. It was silent for several seconds before a rough exhale broke it. Grabbing a pillow from the couch, he made his way to the corner farthest from the door and slid down to the floor. Clutching the pillow between his small hands, he pressed it to his face the moment the first tear fell, silencing the sobs that wrecked his body.
Why him?

------

Sighing deeply, he pushed himself out of the chair and stretched. Glancing at his laptop, he smirked, and closed the lid gently. The sound of a door closing caught his attention and he poked his head out of the room. When he didn't hear anything else, he simply shrugged and went back. Deciding to clean up before he went to raid the fridge, he hastily grabbed the few papers lying on his bed and threw them in the trash bin. He put the laptop on his desk, folded the few clothes that were lying on the floor and put them back into his dresser. Pleased with himself, he grabbed the empty water bottle on his desk before heading downstairs.

Originally headed straight for the kitchen, he paused in front of the dark living room and frowned. Something had caught his attention, but he couldn't see anything unusual. His eyebrows furrowed as he scanned the room, and after a few seconds his eyes suddenly widened. Silently making his way to the kitchen, he grabbed his cell phone and began typing hurriedly.


Several minutes later, he opened the front door and stepped aside to let his hyungs in. Heechul pushed past him first, followed by Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, Kangin, Siwon and Sungmin. Spinning around to face him, Heechul was silenced with one look. Two minutes later, Shindong, Ryeowook and Hangeng came, followed by Donghae and Kibum. Expect Heechul, they all looked at him with varying degrees of worry but he didn't say anything as he lead them to the living room. Motioning for everyone to be silent, his fingers found the light switch and flicked it on.

For a second or two, everyone looked around confused, before a movement drew their eyes toward the farthest corner. A low gasp could be heard and he looked at Ryeowook, who'd covered his mouth with his hands. Suddenly, a hand on his shoulder made him turn around, and he stood face to face with Leeteuk.


"Kyuhyun, what's happened?" the leader asked quietly, his voice no more than a whisper. His face radiated worry and concern, but Kyuhyun just shook his head.


"I don't know," he answered, throwing a glance at the bundle in the corner.


"I found him like this when I came downstairs about half an hour ago, and texted you right away." Everyone turned to look at their member again, watching his small body tremble.


"I can't take this anymore!" Heechul suddenly announced, striding forward.


"Yah, Jongwoon! What's wrong?" Everyone cringed at his loud voice, and Yesung tensed, his shoulders stiffening visibly. He never looked up from the pillow squished between his knees and his face, but after a minute, he answered.


"W... why is anything wrong?" he croaked out. Everyone winced at the sound of his voice.


"N... nothing's wrong, I... I'm just t… tired." The main singer's normally smooth and husky voice was hoarse, raw and cracking.

 

Apparently, Kangin had already had enough, patience never being his strongest point. Stomping across the floor to Yesung, he put a hand on each side of his head, forcing his face upwards.


"What the hell is this then, eh?!" he exclaimed angrily.

 

Even Kyuhyun was surprised by the sight of his hyungs face, Yesung’s eyes red and puffy and bloodshot, tears rolling down his cheeks. Pulling himself free from Kangin’s grip, Yesung’s small hands rubbed frantically at his eyes as he tried to wipe away the tears that wouldn’t stop.


“It’s nothing,” he croaked. Kyuhyun did a mental face palm. Everyone could see that it wasn’t ‘nothing’. Leeteuk took a step forward.


“Yesung,” he said quietly. Yesung flinched at the sound. Pressing his face down into the pillow again, his words were muted but not completely stopped.


“It’s nothing,” he said again, trying to make his voice light. “You guys all have schedules, don’t you? What are you doing here, you should hurry back.”

 

Leeteuk took another step forward. “Yesung,” he repeated, just a little louder.


“It’s nothing, really, I’m just a little tired and then I got something in my eyes and …”


“Kim Jongwoon!” Leeteuk yelled, silencing the younger male immediately. No one said anything, ‘til a sob broke through Yesung’s lips. It was quickly followed by another, and Leeteuk stopped in front .


“It’s really nothing,” Yesung started to mumble as the leader crouched down in front of him.


“You guys have shows and photoshoots and dramas and interviews, and I'm fine so there’s really no reason for you to be here, the schedules are more important, it’s just me having a bad day and …”


“Jongwoon, look at me,” Leeteuk interrupted, his voice soft. Not moving, Yesung clutched the pillow tighter and tried to silence the sobs that were threatening to take over his body again.


“Jongwoon, look at me.” Leeteuk’s voice was just a little harder, but Yesung shook his head childishly, refusing to look up. From behind Leeteuk, Kangin took a step forward, but the leader stopped him with a wave of his hand.


“Jongwoon, look at me,” he demanded, this time the authority of seven years as a leader lacing his voice. Yesung raised his head a fraction, still not wanting to, but not able to refuse. Leeteuk’s usually smiley eyes and dimple were nowhere to be seen, and Yesung whimpered quietly as he met his hyungs gaze. Behind Leeteuk, he could see the legs equaling the rest of s. When Leeteuk’s hand gently touched his cheek, he turned his attention back to the man who’d been his leader and friend for so many years. The worry and concert showing in his eyes made Yesung’s vision blurry as more tears spilled from his eyes. Still with his hand on his cheek, Leeteuk swiped his thumb under his eye, momentarily wiping the tears away before new ones replaced them.


“Nothing,” Leeteuk started, putting his other hand on Yesung’s cheek as well, making sure he couldn’t look away, “… do you hear me, nothing, is more important than each of the members. And that includes you. When you have problems, tell us and we will help you, when you are feeling down, tell us and we will cheer you up. And when you are sad, just tell us and we will comfort you.”

 

Yesung could feel s settling down around him, putting their hands on his shoulders, head, back, arms, or just patting gently, and he closed his eyes letting the tears roll down his face freely.


“You are important, and we care about you. We always had, and we always will. Do you get that?” Leeteuk’s voice was impossibly soft, and Yesung could only nod as sobs racked his body, twelve pair of hands comforting and soothing him.

 



(Extra?)
Hours later, when Yesung had calmed down so much that they could move him to the couch and everyone had talked to their managers, Leeteuk had asked him what had happened. Without saying anything, Yesung had just handed him his cell phone, the last message he’d read still open. The rest of the members had watched with alarm as Leeteuk’s face darkened, the usual happy and calm leader gone. When a few minutes had passed without anything else happening, Heechul had broken the silence.


“What is it?” he’d asked, Leeteuk passing him the phone without a word, his brows furrowed and lips pressed together. Heechul’s hand tightened around the phone, but after another minute in silence, he turned towards the other members.


“Please leave Super Junior,” he read out loud, rage visible in his voice. Several mouths opened in shock.


“You bring the groups image down, and your stupidity and weirdness may affect the other members. You are not needed …” Heechul had trouble getting his voice out,“… Kyuhyun and Ryeowook’s vocals are better than yours and you only steal their lines and spotlight.”

 

A gasp could be heard from the group’s eternal maknae, but Heechul kept on reading.

 

“Your dancing and …” he drew a deep breath and pressed the last few words out through almost closed teeth, “… and your face and body is horrible.” Heechul pressed a few buttons on the phone. "There's around 16 other messages with similar content," he informed, his voice icy.


Silence. Yesung just sat on the couch, head lowered, while Leeteuk’s face had darkened even more. The shock paralyzing the whole group broke when Kangin suddenly grabbed the cell phone from Heechul and threw it at the nearest wall, effectively breaking it.


“What kind of bull is that?!” he yelled angrily, fists clenched so tight his knuckles were white. Dumping back down next to a seething Heechul, Donghae, who sat beside them, scooted closer to Eunhyuk. Silence ensued for a few more second, before a sob broke it, only this time it came from the groups third youngest.


“Why would someone think something like that about Yesung-hyung?” he sniffed, hands rubbing at his eyes. Sungmin, who sat in front of him turned around and hugged him, his hair gently.


“I don’t know,” he answered, his voice strained from trying to control his own anger. Kyuhyun, who’d been sitting quietly and listening, looked at the other material artist in the room, and found him too looking ready to demonstrate his skills on someone. Kangin was beyond furious, and whatever Heechul was planning with that evil look on his face, he’d rather not know. Deciding that he’d waited long enough, he stood up, gaining everyone’s attention.

“Those texts is a waste of time,” he said loudly, ignoring the poisonous glares from Heechul and Kangin and the shocked looks from the rest of the members.


“Because,” he caught Yesung’s hurt look and continued, “… simply because we know that absolutely none of it is true.” He paused for a second.
“It doesn’t matter what that person who sent that text thinks or even a few anti-fans, ‘cause we know better, and ELF’s know better.” He smiled at Yesung, who smiled shakily back, his eyes moist and shiny from unshed tears.


“Though I do plan on becoming a better singer than you,” he added cheekily, quickly dodging a pillow thrown by Heechul.


“Yah! Cheeky brat!” Heechul shouted, but calmed down when Hangeng put a hand on his shoulder and smiled, dragging him back down.


“He’s right though,” Siwon spoke up for the first time. He too was smiling.


“All of us know that nothing that person wrote matches our hyung,” he said softly. Several heads nodded.


“But he should practice his dancing more,” Eunhyuk shot in, his gummy grin in place.


"His body is no way near horrible though," Shindong added, petting his own stomach and laughing.


The mood light and cheerful again, Leeteuk clapped his hands to get everyone’s attention.


“Group hug!” he announced happily and enveloped a protesting Heechul and Kangin before they managed to get away, his trademark laugh echoing in the room. Siwon, Hangeng, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Shindong, Sungmin and Ryeowook immediately joined them. Still sitting on the couch, Yesung looked at s with uncertainty, but before he could even think anything, two pair of hands grabbed his, and he looked up to see Kibum smiling at his left and Kyuhyun smirking at his right. Letting himself be pulled into the group of people that were s, brothers and friends, he blinked frantically to keep the tears away before giving up, tears rolling down his cheeks as he smiled, twelve other people smiling with him.

 

------

comments are ♥