Say Something

Say Something

tumblr_msz795U2BJ1sfflmuo1_500.jpg

Picture not mine. Credits to owner.

 


JungKook opened his car door and stepped outside to the rocky brown ground.

He looked around to see trees next to him, smelling in the nature smell of the pine-cones.

JungKook turned his head to the left to see the perfectly shaped white chapel in front of him, as he remembered it before.

"It still looks the same." JungKook smiled, scratching the back of his head. He opened the back door to get the bouquet of red roses out of the seat. 

He smelled it, closing his eyes in rememberence of her. 

Closing both doors, he took his courage to walk near the chapel. As he came closer, he saw people coming in and out of the chapel, wearing beautiful dresses and suits holding up glasses .

There were some that said hello to him as he walked by.

Glimpsing from people, he bowed and even struck a conversation to many strangers that were very happy to see him.

Or at least, that's what he thought.

Slowly trying to get away from the crowd, he took a step back to hit a wall.

He turned to look at the wall with words written on it.

"Main Room." He whispered, touching the letters on the wall. "I guess they didn't re-paint it yet." He brushed off the dust and dried off gray paint with his fingers, before heading into the hallway.

"I think it's this way." JungKook said to himself, trying to remember. His eyes shone brightly, seeing the white door with a hint of gold opening just a little to see a bright yellow light inside.

As he slowly grew closer to the door, he saw her sitting in front of the mirror, trying to tuck in the loose strand of hair into her perfectly made bun.

She hummed a small tune, trying so hard to put in the hair back in the bun.

JungKook couldn't help but smile at the sight of what he was seeing. He remembered the tune as if it was yesterday. He closed his eyes and gripped onto his bouquet of roses behind his back.

As he gently opened his eyes, he saw her looking back in the mirror, fixing her natural make-up.

She wasn't the type to wear any make-up, but even though she had it on lightly today, she was even more beautiful.

Her hair was up with a white flower and she was wearing a simple yet beautiful white dress that outlined her body-shape. 

She looked absolutely breath taking.

As he looked at her longer, he felt the need of her. Desperation and obsession creeped into him, as he tried to shake away those memories.

He tried to push away these lustful feelings of her and held onto the roses behind his back. As he looked at the ground for the longest time, he looked up to make eye-contact with her through the mirror.

She opened a little before closing it back. She slowly turned to face him.

As she turned, she was surprised, yet confused. 

JungKook wore a black suit with a white dress shirt under. His black tie, pants, and dress shoes matched him perfectly.

It shaped his tall lean figure. 

"Hi, long time no see." 

She lost her train of thoughts as he handed her a bouquet of roses. 

"These are your favorite flowers, right? I got them for you. Today is your special day, anyways." 'JungKook smiled as she grasped it with her two hands.

"Thank you." 

JungKook smiled as his eyes wandered down to her fingers.

On her left ring finger, she saw the perfectly shaped diamond shining. 

"That's very beautiful. He must be very romantic." JungKook chuckled, looking up to see her.

She gave him a look, "Why are you here?"

"I came here to congratulate you. You are getting married. Aren't I right?" 

She set down the roses on the vanity, giving him a straight face, "I'm not kidding around."

"I wasn't invited. I heard from Taehyung that you were getting married today. I was wondering if I should go or not, but I decided I should. I need to at least congratulate you, right?" JungKook scratched the back of his head, "And I wanted to see you. To see if you were doing well."

"I am doing well. I'm getting married, aren't I?" 

JungKook gulped, "I can tell."

He looked over at the clock to find out it was ten minutes before nine. It was almost time for her to walk down the aisle. 

And he noticed if she did, she would never be his again.

"I'm sorry. I came to tell you that." 

She looked down, "It's too late for that, you know that." 

"Before I go to sleep everynight, I always get dreams about how we used to be." 

She sighed.

"I thought I would've erased you by now. Knowing how many years has passed. I know I've hurt you and I know I've betrayed you, yet... I keep having dreams about us laughing, smiling, having fun...Being in love." He trailed off.

"That's enough." She stopped him, as she swallowed hard, "I've heard enough."

"All these years.. I haven't forgotten about you." He looked up.

"I tried to forget you. I tried so hard to finally be happy with someone else. Yet, I can't. I tried so hard. You wouldn't get out of my head." JungKook took a step closer, "I know we've been over for a while now, but I just can't let you go." 

Her heart stopped as he said those words. How she longed for him to say those before they were completely over.

How she longed for him to come back to her. Waiting endlessly for him to come back.

But now, it was too late.

Too late for both of them.

"I just came to tell you that." 

She felt a tear slowly fall down to her cheek, as she slowly formed a smile. 

"Thank you, JungKook. For telling me, at least." 

He gave her a look of longing, of lust, of obsession, yet, he held it in and tried to hide it as possible.

He scanned down her body of that beautiful white dress that he had remembered before. He remembered it but didn't want to think about it again.

He hated that day, he wanted to turn back the time and change everything.

But he already knew that they were both too late.

"I hope you're doing well and being happy." She smiled, walking a little closer to him.

JungKook chuckled, "I could be happier. I'm working on it."

She slowly caressed his cheek, "Be happier. You're much better looking with a smile on that already handsome face." She chuckled.

He laughed, holding her hand on his cheek and sighed.

"Say something." She whispered, before she left her hand off his cheek and taking a step back. "Say something." She repeated.

JungKook opened his mouth, "I--" 

"Daddy? The wedding is going to start, we have to get our seats. Mommy is waiting!" 

JungKook looked behind him and gave the little boy a smile, "Daddy will be going soon. Save a spot for me, okay?" 

The little boy gave him a smile and ran away.

"He's so big, now." She whispered, looking down at her feet, "How's Hyeri?" 

JungKook nodded, "Yes, he has grown a lot over the years." He avoided the topic of the girl, looking back at her.

He knew it was too late to go to her. He was now married with a kid, even though it was arranged.

He had hurt her in the past because of this topic, he wanted to erase it from his head.

JungKook looked away after thinking of these thoughts before he knew that it was time to go.

"Congratulations, is what I wanted to say." JungKook felt his eyes starting to water, as he looked at her backing up.

"Thank you. Is that all you wanted to say?" She had a smile, but her eyes were still hurt from everything that happened.

JungKook was quiet.

"Say something." She urged.

He let the tear slip down to his cheek as he turned around to face her.

"I'm giving up on you." He said, forcing out a smile, "I'm sorry I couldn't get to you."

With that, JungKook turned his heel and faced the door, walking out.

"I love you."