oo2

The Ice Gal and The Arrogant Boy

 

   “Where did you come back from?” Mrs Nam asked her daughter after the young girl had stepped into the luxurious residence of the Nams. 

   “I went to meet some friends.” She replied sardonically.

   “Really? Who are they? What are their parents doing for a living?” Questions flew out of profusely. Heo Ni smirked and went along the nasty play she had started.

Her mother actually doesn't even know that Heo Ni doesn't have friends. 

The persons around her are just stupid dunderheads.

Oh, please, excuse us. 

Her mother is way to busy earning money and getting her nails done to notice her daughter's woe.

 

  “They are extremely rich. Richer than us. We're almost nothing compared to them.”

 

PIMPONPIMPON.

 

It seems like Heo Ni had done the wrong move. The red button is enclenched. Mrs Nam is already fuming. 

  “What? They're wealthier than us? Who are they? Do I know them?” Mrs Nam was too occupied with those questions of hers that she hasn't noticed her daughter disappearing from her sight. “Daughter?”

Heo Ni was already in her room. 

   “What life am I living.” Heo Ni climbed on the edge of her window, shifting until she found a comfortable position. It's her favorite place out of all the ones in her huge house. She always sits here to think. 

To think of her life in general. 

What's happening. What had happened. What will happen.

 

Nothing nothing nothing.

Bull bull bull.

 

She hates her life.

She struggles to get out of this routine she had been thrown into but fails everytime. 

She wants to get some fresh air. She desperately wants some. 

Her life is a frustrating scheduled rut. 

   

  “Daughter, it's father. Can I come in?” Mr Nam's voice was heard by a testy Heo Ni.

  “Nae, appa.” On the opposite of Mrs Nam, Heo Ni's father cares for his daughter's well-being and knows about her likes and dislikes. He had, in some manners, taken the position of mother. He couldn't change his wife's selfishness, thus he just decided to take care of Heo Ni on her behalf.

  “What are you doing there, roosted?” Mr Nam got surprised upon seeing his daughter being a meter from the ground. 

  “Oh, nothing special. What do you want?” Heo Ni jumped down from her place skillfully and walked towards her father to place a kiss on his cheek. 

  “Sit first.” He dragged her to her bed. 

  “Why do I feel like it's not something I will like?” Heo Ni stared at her father blankly.

  “Clever girl. I'm asking you to try it. Do you know the Kim Kingdom's son, Kim Myung Soo?” Mr Nam asked.

  “No. And I don't feel like wanting to know him so let's drop the discussion.” Heo Ni caught immediately the intentions of her father the moment she heard the name of one of the most famous company in South Korea. 

  “Heo Ni, wait.” Mr Nam grabbed her wrist and made her sit once again. “Can't you just try? I've made an agreement with Mr Kim on that-” Uh oh.

  “WHAT? YOU MADE AN AGREEMENT WITHOUT MY CONSENT? APPA!” Heo Ni shouted angrily. Mr Nam cringed at the loud shriek his daughter had just let out.

  “Yes I had, let me finish my sentence first, will you?”

Heo Ni looked extremely annoyed, but eventually stayed still. Mr Nam heaved a sigh.

  “You will see him for only thirty d-” He got cut off, again.

  “WHAAAAT?? THIRTY DAYS? THAT ?!”

  “HEO NI. Watch your words. Yes thirty days, I will tell Mr Kim that. After that, you can decide on weither you still want to see him or not. It will be up to you.”

  “And you will make me sign a contract just like those in dramas, when in fact it's a marriage contract right?!” Heo Ni growled in rage. 

  “I hadn't thought of that.” Mr Nam chuckled. 

  “I shouldn't have brought this up.” Heo Ni whispered lowly. Mr Nam smiled at her cute reaction.

  “Appa, is it for business that you're doing it?” her voice came out a bit frail. 

  “You believe me right?” Mr Nam putted both his hands on Heo Ni's shoulders. She hesitated before nodding her head.

  “I think he will be like a sunshine in your monotone l-”

  “APPA!!!”

  “Ok I'm joking. No, it's not for business. Seriously, it will be like a distraction for you. I don't know exactly how to express my mind. I noticed you are always tangled in the same routine, that your life has become somewhat of a bore, and the fact that I can't really do anything about it sadden me. I honestly think you will get laughters and good memories from this experience.”

  “Experience? Are you serious? Putting me in some kind of Meetic Affinity version Rich Childs Of Korea with that Kim Myung Soo will help me escape from my daily life? Oh please.” Heo Ni guffawed.

  “So do you agree to that?”

  “Why bother asking? It's not like I can say no. Ok, let's try. Now, please leave my room, I'm sleepy.” Heo Ni mumbled and shoved her father out. Mr Nam could only smile, satisfied.

 

‘My daughter has a bad temper and is quite explosive of a girl, I know that. But it's what make her charming and lovable in some way. I'm sure they're going to fight nonstop. And maybe, they will become lovers. Heo Ni, it's time for you to find someone to satisfy your empty heart, and to make you happier.’