oo1

The Ice Gal and The Arrogant Boy

 

   “Greetings, Mrs Kim. You look beautiful tonight.” spoke a radious lady in her Forties, “It's been a little while already.”

   “Keep this compliment for yourself Mrs Nam, you are stunning in this dress of yours.” Mrs Kim slightly inclined her head but not too much, only as a sign of politeness. They exchanged little smirks, and no one couldn't notice the tensed up mood, tinted with competitiveness and in its shadow was concealed shades of jealousy, puddles of envy and drops of admiration. 

Both are powerful and well-known business men's wifes, in the country of the calm morning. Money is, perhaps, their only reason to keep living on. Otherwise, what would be their purposes to ?

Acquaintances, they have many; Friends, they have none; Ennemis, they have countless. 

In this whopping hall is taking place a soiree gathering the individuals of the highest ranks in Korea; The Elites. The most wealthy persons of the society, the ones taken as examples in the whole country, the ones capable of influence your lifestyle, choices, vision of the world.

Here, you can bump into the director of the Lotte Department Store situated in Seoul, into the owner of the brand Etude House, into directors of musical shows, famous photographers, actors, singers, comedians and a lot more. Tonight, a little bit more than two hundreds people came. The beginning of the party was signalled with the arrival of the organizers, and it happened to be Kim Kingdom owner's family. 

When the Kims had arrived, a thunder of clappings were heard as everyone's attention got diverted to them. The sophistication and the elegance blooming from the trio were indisputable.

   “Mr Kim, your party tonight is beyond my expectations. Congrats.” Mr Nam gave a friendly pat on his shoulder and sent him a smile. 

   “Thank you for coming, Mr Nam. How things are going for you?” Mr Kim handed him a glass of fine champagne, probably coming from abroad. 

   “Eveything is going smoothly. I inaugureted the opening of a new siege in Hong Kong.” Mr Nam paused a bit to take a sip on his beverage, “How about you?”

   “That's great. I will try to drop by there next time. I'm doing fine too.” Mr Kim stopped in his tracks and hesitated for a little while, before continuing his speak, “My son is worrying me.”He rubbed his temples slowly, as if he was getting frustrated at the thought of his only son.

   “May I ask you why?” Mr Nam got curious. He knew about his son to be someone handsome-looking and polite, he is quite good in his studies too. However, most of he's dark sides are unknown from Mr Nam. Mr Kim chose to tell about his son because he had a plan in head.

   “He is despairing me.” he started, “He knows only how to have fun, go out. He is not taking anything serious. He's a lazy bum too. I don't know what to do about him.” He told everything honestly. Mr Nam listened attentively and surprise showed up on his face. 

   “Really? I didn't know Myung Soo was like this.”

   “He is, unfortunately.” Mr Kim sighed. “You have a daughter right?”

   “Yes. Heo Ni is my only daughter.”Mr Nam replied. “I saw her once, and I can't hide you that her beauty was mesmerizing.” Mr Kim complimented. 

   “Thank you.” Mr Nam felt pride rising in him. It's true that his daughter is a real beauty. 

   “I have something in mind for both our children, would you listen to my proposition?” Mr Kim spoke and Mr Nam's nod indicated him he agreed.

   “What do you think of introducing them to each other? Maybe, it will work out.”

   “Or maybe not. My daughter, although gorgeous, has a special character which is really hard to handle, even for us her parents.”

   “It's perfect then. Myung Soo needs a strong girl to change his bad habits.” Mr Kim smiled in satisfaction. 

   “Let's try then.”