Wish upon a star

Fours Seasons

He was driving to the avenue with no leisurely, unwilling. He looked at the passenger seat a few times, feeling the lump in his throat. The radio was , playing Officially Missing You from Geeks.

"I'm officially missing you, officially missing you" he whispered.

Stopped in front a floriculture, he asked for a bouquet. Red roses and baby breath's. "Because i love until the very end" he thinked. He thanked the girl at the store with a little smile and a bow with his head.

 

Had been an a hour he was seat there. Minutes in his mind. Silent, just looking to the bouquet and sometimes the river.

"I had sure i could find you here" He was surprised by a familiar voice. Breath. "Did I forget something?" Jongdae had sit by his side with a smile, the type of smile can make everyone feel confortable. "Yeah, you didn't called me. But you didn't gone.." Yixing just nodded and looked to the bouquet one more time, without word.

He looked up and saw Jongdae with one hand extended to him and he bright smile "Lets go, before the night fall" Yixing stood up, Jongdae put his arm around his shoulder, making him feel more relief.

He drove without haste, with his best friend in passenger seat. Sometimes Jongdae sang some musics with a lower tone. His voice made Yixing sane.

"Where's Minseok?" he asked looking to Jongdae. "Something like a FIFA Championship with Luhan" he answered, "I wanted pass sometime with my best friend" Yixing nodded and smiled, "We can go to our café, the one we always gone with Kris." Jongdae smiled, "Yeah, we can call him too." Yixing smiled again, "Great, I think we can wake him up". Both smiled.

 

He didn't know what to do there. He never was good with this type of things. Is to hard, go there and he always found him driving to there with a bouquet in his hands. He felt himself alone, desconfortable, guilty and devastated for a second.

"You're doing well, Yixing, she must be proud", Jongdae said with one hand at the other boy shoulder. "I'm trying, Chen, I'm really trying" he could see his friend smiling to him. Jongdae put his arms around Yixing waist, in a confortable and lovely back hug. They stay in that position till go away.

Yixing feell more confortable with his best friend. 

 

Was around eight pm when they arrived to café. They found a empty table at the end and asked for two espressos. 
 
That day the weather was nice, soft. They looked each other with no words, everything they could talk could be understood by the eyes.  The silence was not strange or awkward, was comfortable and needed. 
 
A phone rang. 
 
"Hey,  i'm with Yixing. At the café. No, no, no problem. Yeah, maybe i go home, i don't know yet. But I call you, for sure, ok? Say to Luhan he need to stop to be a little girl. See you later", Jongdae rang off and put the phone at the table. 
 
"Minseok?" he nodded. "He gonna stay at Luhan's today. The championship is going really great. Chanyeol and Baekhyun arrieved and they did teams" Yixing smiled, "Sehun?" 
 
Jongdae drink more from his mug, and answered "He must be freaking out now". Yixing laughed loud, Jongdae did the same. 
 
The korean boy catch the phone "Yifan" and called.
 
"Jongdae, why are you calling me?" At the other side a voice said. "Hey Kris" they spoke, "we miss you" They could her a soft and low laugh, and they know he smiled too. 
 
"I miss you too! I'm so bored here" he yawned. 
 
"You should come back soon, we are at our café!" Jongdae said. "Our" Yixing completed, "But you need stay here with us and Sehun" his voice come out a little bit broken. 
 
"We gonna back soon, i promisse." Yifan said taking a deep breath. 
"Who are at phone, gege?" Jongdae and Yixing heard. "Taozi, we miss you" and they could hear "Yeah, i miss you too. We gonna back soon"
 
"Hey guys, i have a dinner now. I gotta go. Talk to you later, ok?" Yifan said, hagging of. "Yeah, go go. Come back for us." 
 
They looked for each other for a long time. "Minseok will be mad if you stay with me this night?" Yixing smiled. "ing FIFA championship, remember?"  Jongdae answered rolling his eyes.  "Lets go home."
 
 
 
Get in Yixing's apartment was nostalgic for Jongdae, maybe would be forever. The house was in the same way Jia had decorated. 
 
“You miss her” Jongdae looked to his friend at kitchen. “How can i not? She made so much for me, for us, and” He stopped when saw the picture above the piano. He walk till the piano and touched the photo with delicate fingers. “Us, Sehun will die if he see this” 
 
“Sehun never came here, he don’t like to remember” Yixing said and Jongdae just nodded. 
 
“Can you play that song?” Yixing smiled softly and sits at piano. His fingers running trought the keys, letting the beautiful melody fulls the apartment. Jongdae sundelly started to sing “Ai li kai it’s my turn to cry, Xing xing dou zai kan, Yan lei kuai lei ji cheng há”
 
Yixing stopped and Jongdae smiled to him. They look each other and the chinese boy put his face into Jongdae’s shoulder. They breath deeply and close they eyes. Jongdae once more started to sing, and his voiceHis voice filled the entire apartment and Yixing ears. With a soft, sweet and nostalgic timbre. So much miss in one voice, so much miss at they hearts. 
 
 
Minutes has passed, and they was at the living room floor, looking photos. Reviving moments, remembering times together. The afternoons at the fliperama, at café, or someone’s home. 
 
Kris in the right, Sehun in the left, Jongdae at Sehun side, and Yixing at Kris. Jia in the middle.  So many pictures of they all together.  Chanyeol's birthday and Bakehyun’s too. Luhan surprise party for Minseok birthday and the party at Jongin's and Kyungsoo's new apartment. 
They found a picture with Sehun, Jia and Kris. The older was smiling, Sehun with his normal face doing a ‘v’ sign with his hand, and Jia at the middle with a cute face. 
 
“Oh, this was when Sehun carry her to class, right?”  Yixing asked pouting in doubt. “Yeah, she fell at stairs. He carried her for trhee floors.” Jongdae smiled, “Kris made his father driver take they to home” Yixing looked the photo once more, “They were neighboors, right?” Jongdae nodded, “We all know Jia because of Sehun, just Sehun.” 
 
Yixing took his phone and typed a number “Hey, come here. Jongdae is here, alone. We miss u and Kris, we miss all..” He shot the phone off without end his frase.  
 
“He’s coming?” Jongdae asked curious, and smiled when Yixing nodded, “He’s coming.” 
 
 
 
They decided make something to eat, before Sehun arrive. Maybe these night was special, because Sehun never put his feet into Yixing’s apartment. Jongdae decided go down and buy some beers.  Yixing stayed at kitchen, cooking. 
 
It was not long until the bell rings. Jongdae came with the beers and Sehun. Yixing had done the ddoubokki and the kimchi was on the table. 
 
“We’re home” Jongdae said smiling. Sehun get in a bit quiet, looking all that pictures at ground. He smiled when he found one with him, Kris and Jia. He found himself being surprised by Yixing “You can take this, if you want” The younger smiled and take the picture with care, “Thank you, hyung.”
 
Jongdae catch two beers. “Lets eat?” He said. The other two looked agree with his idea. They sit and started to eat.  Yixing asked, “How was going the FIFA Championship?” Sehun rolled his eyes, “I’m so glad you called me. Jesus! I was thinking i was freaking out!” Jongdae laughed hard with Yixing, “They are just four but, godammit, they’re can be more loud than DBSK fandom!” Sehun ended massaging his temples, breathing deepy. 
 
Yixing schreted his neck and said “You’re in home now” smiling.
 
Sehun helped Yixing with dishes and Jongdae brought more beer.  “What we gonna do now?” Jongdae asked opening the drinks. “We should call Yifan, what do you think?” Sehun said, but Yixing cut his idea off, “He’s on a fancy y dinner, he will not answer us.” Sehun smiled, like some ideia had been come, “We should take a picture and send to him.” Jongdae laughed. “Crap, he gonna kill himself”
 
After eat they come back to the living room, sitting at the ground with the pictures. They looked and looked, remembering the times at school and bike rides at park. 
 
They found somewhere in the amount of photos a paper with a music lyrics who Jia loved ‘rainbow’. In the left side, with her calligraphy, lyrics in chinese. In the right, lyrics in english, with Kris calligraphy.  Sehun took  a deep breath. 
 
“Well, we should go to the roofing” Yixing said and stood up. Jongdae loved the idea. An amazing idea, to be honest. Sehun stood up too, helped Jongdae with more beers. They wore they coats and go up stairs.
 
 
 
Sitting looking to the stars and laughing while Sehun was talking about the stupid FIFA championship, and about Luhan and Minseok looked like five years old kids. Jongdae wiped his teary eyes while Yixing tryed stop laugh with his tummy hurting. Ah, it was so good. Yifan needed to stay there with they too. So Jia needed. 
 
The noise of they laugh stoped when they saw a shooting star. “Make a wish” Yixing said closing his eyes, please no broken hearts.
 
Sehun did the same, i want us together again. Me, Jongdae, Yixing and Yifan. 
 
Jongdae didn’t wasted his time, please make these two see love don’t dies like this
 
They opened their eyes and smiled. They come back inside, sometimes spring’s night could be a bit cold. 
 
Once more they sit at floor with pictures. Looked, smiled, laughed, like the old times. Once more Yifan needed to be there, also Jia. 
 
Yixing started put all the photos in a box, arrange then. These was the last memory they had of Jia, he wanted preserve them. Putting the pictures at the box he found a pretty little notebook. At the first page, he read:
 
“My lovely boys, 
 
 
My four seasons.”
 
Was Jia’s calligraphy. Yixing passed the first page and found a polaroid of the girl with Jongdae. They are sitting outside of school's café. The date was 2009.04.26, spring. Behind the girl wrote
 
“My Jongdae is like the Spring, he shine like spring’s mornings and makes every one feels so fine.”
 
Yixing smiled and turned the page. This time he found a picture of Jia and Sehun, in a summer day at beach. The date was written at the side 2009.08.16. Jia had wrote some words for him too
 
“My little Sehun remembers me the Summer, he special way to look at me and say that everything will be allright. He can melts all the bitterness in a heart.”
 
The boy smiled once more. Jia Always was this way, full of compliments for they. The next page he found a picture with they all, at beach. The same day, he tought.  He turn the page once more. A tear fell down, running his cheek. A picture of they two, at park. The date said 2009.10.10, autumn.
 
“My Yixing, the best friend in entire world, remembers me the autumn. Every little sad thing have some beauty, have something good. He do everything more comfortable and loveable, like the autumn’s afternoons. “
 
Another tear fell from his eye when he saw the picture with they all at park, having fun. He felt his heart beat a little broken, and took a heavy and deep breath.  He foun a photo of Kris with Jia at his back, they two in winter outfits. Snow at the ground anda round they. The date said 2009.12.06, winter. 
 
“My Yifan is like the winter. Cold outside, warm inside. He knows how to take care of people, even if he don’t show his feelings to much. He can warm a cold heart with one smile.”
 
The next page came with so much pictures, having fun, being happy. Snow ball fight, snow angels. And snowflakes everywhere. 
 
At the end of the notebook he found a little letter. Decided keep that letter with him. He’ll show to his friends sometime and discovered what Jia was wrote, he tought. That would be good, nostalgic, but good.