A Little Piece of Heaven

A Little Piece of Heaven

Yifan threw himself into his seat. He exhaled silently, feeling tired of whatever he had done that day. He could’ve come home hours ago, but thanks to his boss who decided to hold a meeting right when he was about to leave his desk. Yifan was an employee in some advertising company, and his office was really busy nowadays. They were working on an ad for some famous product, and it seemed that they had a couple of problems, so his boss didn’t want to delay the meeting.

Yifan glanced at his watch wrapped around his left wrist. If he didn’t need to attend that meeting, he would be sitting on the couch right then, with his husband clinging on him. They would watch some movie, just as they always do on Friday nights. It was too bad that his boss didn’t know that he didn’t have time for his husband during weekdays, and that at the end of the week, like today, all he wanted to do was to come home earlier and cuddle with his husband. He mentally cursed his boss when he realized he had to send a text to his husband, telling him that he would arrive late that night.

“It’s okay. Enjoy your meeting and have a safe drive after that. I love you!” was his husband’s reply. Yifan chuckled when he read that. How could he enjoy the meeting when all he thought was how he could come up with a good excuse to go home earlier so he could hug his husband sooner? Although, it wasn’t as if he would enjoy every meeting he had in a normal situation anyway.

I miss Junmyeon, Yifan thought. He couldn’t even think about what solution he had to give to help his co-workers solve the problems.

The situation was getting tough and uncomfortable in the meeting room, and for Yifan, it felt like hell. Everyone in that room was tired and tempers were rising easily as a result. Yifan knew they couldn’t find the way to solve their problems in this state, and fortunately the boss could see that. Yifan could breathe easily when his boss finally ended the meeting and let his employees go home.

Yifan didn’t want to waste time. He rushed outside the building and got inside his car, driving quickly because he couldn’t wait to see Junmyeon. It was almost midnight, and remembering Junmyeon’s habit, Yifan knew the tiny guy must be waiting for him in the living room. Whether or not he had already fallen asleep, Yifan didn’t know, but he didn’t want to make his husband wait for him for too long.

Forty-five minutes had passed when finally Yifan reached his home sweet home. They lived in a not-too-big house, a little far from where he worked, but the place was still quiet and comfortable. Junmyeon didn’t like to live in an apartment or anywhere in the city because it was too crowded, so they took that house to be the place where they would live together. Yifan didn’t mind living there even though he needed more time to reach his office; they had cars for that reason. Distance wasn’t a problem, as long as he could see Junmyeon happy.

Yifan parked his car and locked it before going into his house. He tried not to make any sounds, in case Junmyeon was already asleep. A smile curved his lips when he saw the tiny figure sitting on the couch in their living room, TV still on. His smile got wider when he found out that Junmyeon was wearing his shirt again. Maybe it had already become Junmyeon’s habit to wear his shirt when Yifan came home late. It made him felt as though Yifan was hugging him, he said.

Junmyeon sat with knees pulled up to his chest, tiny arms hugging them loosely as he placed his chin between them. He raised his head and turned around when he heard Yifan’s steps. “Welcome home,” he said with a sleepy smile.

Yifan approached his husband and bent down to place a kiss on his forehead. “I’m home,” replied the taller male. He sat beside Junmyeon and the red locks of his husband. “Why didn’t you go to sleep? It’s already late.”

“Do you really need my answer?” Junmyeon chuckled. He moved to hug his husband, closing his eyes as he continued, “You know I can’t sleep without you.”

Yifan couldn’t help but hug the tiny male tighter. He buried his face into the crook of Junmyeon’s shoulder, inhaling the vanilla scent of the smaller deeply. After his long, rough day, the scent of Junmyeon’s body was the one thing that could make him feel calm.

“Have you eaten already?” Junmyeon asked after they hugged each other for a while.

Yifan pulled away and shook his head. “I’ve been jailed in the meeting room,” said the blond-haired male. “My devilish boss didn’t let us go even though I’m sure he could hear our stomachs singing together.”

Junmyeon laughed lightly as he got up and went to the kitchen, reheating the food for his husband. “So how was the meeting going?” he asked while stirring the soup in the pot.

“Tough. Everyone was tired. No one could think straight anymore. It was useless to hold a meeting in such conditions,” replied Yifan as he wrapped his arms around Junmyeon’s tiny waist. He landed a soft kiss on Junmyeon’s plump lips when the shorter male turned his head to see his taller husband.

“Well… at least you’re here now,” Junmyeon said after they shared an innocent kiss. “Get away, big giant, I want to serve the food.”

Half-heartedly, Yifan moved away to allow Junmyeon to put the food on the plates. After his dinner was served on the table, Yifan sat down and started eating. Junmyeon sat across from him, blabbering about what kind of day he had been through. Yifan could only smile while munching on his meal, enjoying his husband’s story about that day.

Yifan couldn’t expect what would happen in his days. They could run smoothly, but sometimes—and most of the time—they could be rough and feel like hell. Sometimes he just wanted to skip those days, sometimes he wished that he didn’t have the life he already had. But at times like those, when Junmyeon was there with him, waiting for him to come home and accompanying him during his late dinner, Yifan couldn’t feel more grateful to have a life like that.

Yifan didn’t need somebody else who was more beautiful than Junmyeon. He didn’t need somebody who had popularity to be his husband. He didn’t need to live with somebody who was the richest person. All he needed was the simple Junmyeon, who would always smile at him whenever he felt tired to calm him down. He needed Junmyeon, who liked to wear his bigger shirt, who liked to wait for him at home, who would blabber about anything that happened. All he needed was Junmyeon after he went through his toughest day. Junmyeon made his days feel better and easier to go through; Junmyeon brought him a little piece of heaven after all the hell-like moments that made him feel like dying.

Junmyeon was Yifan’s little piece of heaven, and Yifan couldn’t be more grateful for that.


author'snote:

I wanted to make this as a fluffy one, but it looks like I failed (again). I hope you will still like it, though. Subscribe, comment, and upvote will be appreciated. Thank you! c: