Their Story

Rose Thorn (Sad Happily Ever After)

word count: 2,118

 


Piao Chanyue, now is officially became Wu Chanyue. Her husband, Yifan is the man he pictured to be together forever. Although Yifan may not a romantic, he proposed her with those cliche proposal, under moonlight on his knee with roses and a ring's box. "Will you marry me?" Chanyue find tears rolling on her cheek and nodded. She can't believe Yifan proposed her.



She's just an orphan. A poor girl. She always insecure about her social status because they on very different levels. Yifan is the heir of a multinational company. This must be a dream. She knows Yifan's parent disapproved their relationship. "But what about your parents?" Chanyue asked, afraid Yifan will get disowned by his parents.



Chanyue don't want Yifan lost his family. She knows what it's like not having parents. She doesn't want to be the reason Yifan's family broken.  "Don't worry, we won't have shotgun marriage or things like that. My parents isn't happy at first, but they willing to accept you as their daughter-in-law. We will be a happy family." Chanyue heart swelled at the word "family". Oh, how she longed for family and Yifan is offering one to her right now.



Their wedding is held on November, their special month. Everything is perfect, Chanyue wearing a lovely white wedding dress and Yifan wearing a black tuxedo and looks handsome as always. Chanyue smiled when she throw the rose bouquet.



Everything feels like a dream, their marriage is so sweet. Chanyue is cooking in the morning, preparing for breakfast and Yifan will hugging her from behind, whispering "Good morning my beautiful wife." Chanyue smiled, turning so she can stare her husband. "Good morning for you too, my handsome husband." He will kiss her tenderly, and their morning routine be forgotten.



                                                       -----------------------------------------------------



A year after their marriage, things slowly changes. Yifan won't answer when she say "I love you" anymore after he came home from work. Chanyue convinces herself he just too tired from work. She looks at the calendar, it's their first wedding anniversary. She got surprise for Yifan. She sure things will be fine again. Yifan won't forgot their anniversary. He always remember things like that.



Chanyue already prepared the box present contained her surprise. She already prepare one romantic dinner. Now she just waiting Yifan comeback from his office.
But dinner is cold, and Yifan is not home. Chanyue fighting back her tears. She re-heat the dinner again, light new candles, and pray Yifan would come home.



It's 3 am and Yifan still not home. At this moment Chanyue couldn't hold her tears anymore. Yifan is not coming. Yifan forget their first wedding anniversary. She clutched the present. Throwing the crumpled and destroyed present box contained a pregnancy test kit into trash bin. She cried and cried until she fall asleep in the dinner table.



Yifan come back home when it's 5 am, drunk. Chanyue awoke by the noise Yifan made when he trying to open their bedroom door. She saw her husband drunk at their first wedding anniversary and smelled like another woman. She just led him into the bed and sleep on the couch. She is too heartbroken to sleep in the same bed with her husband.



Yifan head is heavy, effect of the last night party. A very damn good party, Yifan might say. He spend the party with his secretary, Kim Minseo. The petite girl got curves, better than Chanyue, as he recalled last night. A smirk found its way to his face. But it's faltered immediately when he realised the bed beside him is cold and empty.



He found Chanyue sleep on the couch, her tears still rolling down on her cheek. He wiped the tears, wondering why his wife sleeping on the couch. When he go to the kitchen to have a drink, he realised he really ed up this time so badly. " A cake with "Happy First Anniversary" is on the table, with melted candle wax. A cold dinner and a bouquet of rose is still on the table, evidence of Chanyue hard work.



Chanyue woke up that morning, and find Yifan in their kitchen. When Yifan saw her, he immediately apologized. "I'm sorry I'm not celebrated our first wedding anniversary last night." But Chanyue can't hear a word, she is too shocked when he saw a familiar purple bruise on Yifan's neck and collarbone. She feels sick. Very very sick. She immediately run into bathroom and puke everything on the toilet. Yifan followed after her, worried. He rubbed a circle on her back. But she flinched and start screaming "Don't touch me with your dirty hand, go away!" Yifan saw his reflection on bathroom mirror and horrified when he spotted hickeys on his neck and collarbone.



"Honey, I can explain!"
"There's no need. Another woman's perfume and the hickeys explain everything."
"Listen to me."
Chanyue go to their room and packed her stuff to the suitcase.
"You're leaving me?"
"You don't love me anymore, why should I stay? You forget our first wedding and cheated on me in the same day. Tell me a reason to stay."
"Chanyue......"
"Let's divorce."
"....................."



"Let's talk about this first."
Chanyue shook her head. "I know everything too good to be true for me, a poor orphan. Thank you Yifan, for let me live in a fairytale for a short time."
"Chanyue, don't be like this."
"Yifan, I know I'm not good enough for you, and you already find someone else to replace me. I doubt you even love me all along. Let's just end this marriage, okay? Then I'll wake up and face reality. People like me doesn't have a happily ever after." Chanyue wiped her own tears, but they won't stop.
"I'm sorry I'm not a good wife. Thank you for giving me a family even if it short, I truly appreciates it. Please tell your parent I wish them long life and happiness when I'm leaving."
Yifan is at loss of word. His heart is clenched so painfully when he heard Chanyue's words.
He couldn't stop her from leaving.



He trailed after her to the door.
"Where are you going?"
"I'll find a place to stay."
"You don't have to go, you can stay. I can leave somewhere else."
"This is your home. You're the one who bought it, not me. I can't stay."
"But I promised you when I buy this house it will be yours."
"But you also promised you won't cheat on me, Yifan."
"Chanyue, I'm sorry."
"Bye Yifan. Be happy without me, okay? I love you." She say as she leaves.
"I love you too..."
But it's too late.
She already left.



It's raining heavily after Chanyue left him. Yifan is panicked and search Chanyue with his car. He searched all the place in town, but she can't be found. Yifan driving aimlessly, praying Chanyue would be fine in this harsh weather.
Then he saw a familiar figures lying in hard and cold ground in abandoned park.
"Chanyue!!!!" He screamed on the rain.


                                                        
"How's her condition doctor?" Yifan looks panicked, and even more worried.
"We trying our best to save your wife and your baby, Mr. Wu."
"Wait, baby?"
"Yes Mr. Wu, your wife is pregnant."
"Oh my god, I'm the worst human being." Yifan thought.



"Ge, how's Chanyue-jie condition?" Kai asked when he arrived with Luhan and Zitao. Yifan admitted everything to them, crying.
"What should I do?"
Kai doesn't say anything, he is throwing his hard punch to Yifan's body like a madman. It's take five man to stop Kai from treating Yifan like his personal punching bag..
"Bastard, I know I shouldn't give up on Chanyue-jie to a jerk like you!! She deserved better than a lowly human being like you, who cheating on their wives!!"
Zitao spoke after that, "I'm dissapointed in you, Yifan"
He don't use honorifics, Yifan didn't deserve it.
Luhan is remains silent but his eyes show everything. Disgust, anger and hatred. They sat in silent, praying Chanyue and her baby would be fine.



The next day, Yifan's parent visit the hospital.
"I heard everything Yifan. I might not approved your relationship at first, but Chanyue didn't deserve this." Yifan mother is crying.
"Son, I didn't raise you to be a man like this." His father sounds disappointed.
"I'm sorry."
Yifan don't know how many sorry he said. It's still not enough.



Chanyue is still on comatose state, but her condition is stable, so does the baby.
YIfan held her hand tightly,"Chanyue, I'm sorry. Please wake up."
Silent.



Yifan change the roses beside Chanyue's bed every day. Then he give up on roses and place sunflowers instead.
"Please be my sunshine one more time."
Chanyue still unconcious.



It's been a month, Yifan looks like a zombie, he only sleep one hour a day and didn't eat anything except apples he cut for Chanyue.
"It's not a poisoned apple, please wake up Snow White."
Then Yifan place a small kiss on Chanyue's lip.
Chanyue slowly showing response, but her eyes is still shut tightly.



"Do you like the name "Shi-Xun?"
Chanyue heartbeat increased.
"Our baby is Shi-Xun then."



"Please wake up, for Shi-Xun, Chanyue."
"He is getting bigger, don't you want to see him? He looks handsome in x-ray photo. Our baby will be handsome, don't you think?"
As always, Yifan doesn't get an answer.
 
 
---------------------------------


Everything suddenly become unbearable. The sight of Chanyue with plastic tube attached to her body is hard to see. He promised he would protect her once in the past, but now he's the reason his wife hospitalized.
But Yifan can't do anything to changed his past.
He decided to go home after a long time he spent in hospital. He couldn't watch Chanyue lying lifelessly, because of him, not right know. He need a distraction right now.


Their home is dusty, Yifan coughed a fit when he come in. When he reached their room, Yifan throws his body to their king bed. Yifan regret everything he did. How could he cheat on his ever-lovely wife. He feels like utterly jerk since then.
Then he saw it, their wedding picture.
Chanyue wears white dress smiling beside Yifan who held her waist also smiling. But that man turns into a beast, who hurt the Beauty.


Yifan never feels so awkward at his own house before. What ever he does, he saw Chanyue. Yifan thinks he's crazy. Whenever he saw their kitchen, and their bathroom, that moment is replaying on his head.



What did I do? What should I do to fix this mess?



When he finally fall asleep, he dreamed of Minseo and Chanyue. When Minseo image is movings closer toward him, Chanyue image slowly fading.
"Yifan, I know I'm not good enough for you, and you already find someone else to replace me. I doubt you even love me all along. Let's just end this marriage, okay? Then I'll wake up and face reality. People like me doesn't have a happily ever after."
Yifan reach her, but she already gone.
Gone.
Leaving him all alone. Again.



Yifan struggles to breathe, drenched in cold sweat. His dream feels so real. Then Yifan remind himself it's indeed real as he laugh ironically.
He back to hospital immediately, afraid Chanyue awake without him.
But Chanyue is still in coma.
Yifan don't know whether he is disapointed or relieved.
He pray Chanyue will wake soon.



Chanyue awake when her birth due date is near.
"Thank god, you're finally awake."
"Why am I in hospital?"
"You fainted in the rain at abandoned park. It's been eight month."
"How's my baby?"
Yifan ignored the pain in his heart when Chanyue said "my baby."
"He's fine. You need to rest, he will be born soon."
Chanyue nodded, and drifted to sleep again.
Honestly Yifan don't want her to sleep again, he afraid she won't able to wake forever.

 


When the baby is born, Chanyue looks pale, very pale.
Her skin is transparent, like ghost. Chanyue looks very vulnerable and weak.
Chanyue caressing her baby cheeks softly. "Be good baby without mommy, okay? You need to remember mommy loves you." Yifan so shocked when he heard it.
"Please don't die, my love." Yifan held Chanyue's hand tightly, crying.
"Yifan, I know my time is near. I already finished my purpose here, on earth. To have a family." Chanyue said softly, handing their baby to Yifan's arm.
"Take care Shi-xun for me okay? I like the name." She closed her eyes, then her heartbeat decreased. A loud beep from the heart monitor indicated that she's gone forever.

 


                     "I hope you have a happily ever after in heaven Chanyue." He kissed her forehead, with Shi-Xun crying in his arms.

 

 

 


author  note:

this is story originally is about Kris who cheat on Chanyue then she moved to an apartment where she met Jongin, who heal her broken heart. But somehow it's ended like this.

 

Here's the idea about the original story:

- Chanyue moved into a rundown apartment where he met Jongin.

-Yifan doesn't know his wife is pregnant.

-Chanyue's neighbors is Jessica who treat Chanyue like her own sister, but acts like a if she hears about Chanyue's ex-husband, CL who act like badass unnie, Sehun who loves his Chanyue's noona cooking and Jongin who falls in love with Chanyue and everything about her, including Shi-Xun.

-Chanyue doesn't want to fall in love with another man (heavily inspired by Lee Hi's Rose, hence the title Rose Thorn)

-Sehun and Shi-Xun is completely different person. Sehun is a bubbly dongsaeng to Chanyue, Shi-Xun is her baby, who inherited Yifan -face and Chanyue eye-twitching smile however, they a little look a like.

-Yifan's mother is on Chanyue side eventhough she disapproved her son and Chanyue relationship before and want her son and Chanyue back together.

-Yifan is determined to get his wife back no matter what. Even if he have to deal with Jessica's y attitude towards him and CL's threat. And he definitely wouldn't let Jongin and Chanyue together.

-Chanyue is work at home, sewing dolls courtesy of her pregnant state which not allows her to work hard. Kyungsoo is her boss and her friend (Kyungsoo is a woman).

-Everything else is not decided

 

 

If you want to write a story according to this idea, please let me know because I'm dying to know and please give me credit for the ideas. (thank you very much.)

I will update my other story, but the date is not decided yet.

P.S: I hate cheater, therefore I hate Kris in this story. But I still love him in real life.

P.P.S: My english is , I know.

P.P.P.S: Comment please?