Trust

Prisoners

“Annngeelll,” the sweet, sing-songy voice called again. “Angel my pretty. Are you awake?” Every day it’s the same thing. “Wake up now pet.” I forced my tired eyes open. “There you go. Was that so hard?”

She loves us. Do anything for her. I cringed at the voice in my head.

“How are you today dear?” She crouched down to my level. “Did you sleep well?” For my own sake, I nodded. “Good girl. Guess what? It’s your turn again today.” My heart grew cold as the woman who I came only to know as Mistress unlocked my cell and disconnected the cords. She would take turns with all of us, adding piercings, making incisions and stitching them back, shoving random rods through our bodies. She loved it, and it scared me to realize that I was starting to as well. “Alright, pet. Let’s go.” She pulled me up to her level and led me to the cold metal chair in the center of the room. “Sit.”

“Yes Mistress.” I sat down quickly on the chair, laying my arms on the armrests as I had done so many times before.

“What shall we do today, hm? Oh I know! Let’s give you that scar I was so excited about earlier!” I cringed as she pulled out a scalpel. It’s not the first time she had decided to give me something like this. I had a pair of wings etched into my back over my shoulder blades. She had said that her angel needs her wings. She had stitched those up with dark black thread, giving them the look of tattoos. “How do you feel about this, hm?”

“Pretty Mistress,” I hummed, trying not to lose the small grip on sanity I had at the moment. The world was beginning to spin in front of me. I’m not sure if it was because of the fear of being cut again or if it was due to the soup she fed us a few hours ago. “Pretty Mistress~” I whispered as I felt the scalpel slice open the skin over my sternum. She was making me look like I had had my chest cavity sliced open. The top point of the incision started at the dip in my collar bone with the smaller points of the angled down over my s. The base of the arrow traced down between my s before splitting and wrapping under my s to the side of my body. That was where she stopped for today, stitching me back up along the way.

“You will look so beautiful, pet.” She ran her fingers through my hair. She always kept our hair clear and soft. She liked to play with it. “Now, I’ll take you back, but you can’t move. Do you understand me?” I nodded, everything still slightly hazy. “Good girl. If you do this well, I’ll give you a reward. And I know you’ll like it.” With that she hooked me back to the wall and left the room. I curled up on my bed, careful of my stitches and started to cry. The soup’s effects were wearing off and the pain of the incision was starting to come through. Breathing hurt as it tugged at the threads holding my skin together.

“Angel?” Leo called. He staggered over to my bedside. Since I had shown that I wouldn’t resist her anymore, Mistress had started to give Leo and I more leniency. She had lengthened both mine and Leo’s cords so that we could freely go into each other’s cells. It was a source of comfort to me as Leo and I would just sit together, our sides pressed together as we leaned on each other. We both found comfort in the human touch that wasn’t driving rods and blades through our flesh whenever they got the chance. “Are you okay?” He sat down next to my bed, reaching out to pet my hair. I let out a small whimper.

“It hurts.”

“It will pass. It’s okay to cry.” He continued to run his gentle fingers through my hair as I cried. Eventually, I fell asleep to his gentle caresses. When I woke up several hours later, he was asleep next to me, his fingers interlocked with mine. It caused a smile to stretch across my face. However, that smile quickly faded when I heard the click of Mistress’ heels down the hallway. Leo’s eyes snapped open and he bolted back to his side of the cell, careful of our wires.

“Angle,” she called. I moved hesitantly to the front of my cell.

Mistress…” I whispered. She smiled at me, observing the stitches along my front.

“Well, there’s no blood, so you haven’t torn anything. I brought you a balm to seal the incision so you can move around more. I want to give you your gift. Come with me.” She opened my cell door and released my wires, leading me to the metal chair. “Let’s get this on you.” She opened up my tattered shirt before she began applying the awful smelling mix to my chest. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep myself from screaming as the burn of the balm felt like a hot iron searing my skin. Mistress giggled at my discomfort.

“Does it hurt, pet?” She asked, her gentle voice holding something sinister. I whimpered, trying not to cry. “That’s good. It’s working then.” Once she was done, she wiped off her hands and stood back from me as I remained frozen in pain on the cold, metal chair. “Get up, dear.” I did as I was told. “I’m going to introduce you to all of your friends here. You already know Leo, so let’s meet the others.” She grabbed on to several of the cords in my arm and pulled me roughly over to the cell on the left of mine. “Hyukkie! Come and say hello!” I looked at a young boy standing in the corner. He couldn’t have been more than seventeen. Eighteen at most. A black cord was around his neck like a sick sort of leash that bound him to the wall. A mound of what looked like bed sheets was piled in the corner. The only thing that separated us from him was a paned wall of glass with most of the panes broken. The boy looked up at us with glazed eyes and staggered towards us. “This is Angel. She’ll be keeping you all company for a while.” Hyuk tried to reach through the broken panes for us.

Mistress…” he called, forlorn. His voice was so broken, it caused my heart to hurt.

Just like you. He hurts for Mistress. He’s just like you.

I flinched at the voice in my head. It had been a while since I had been hearing that voice, and it still caused me to jump whenever it spoke. It wasn’t me. I knew it wasn’t me, but at the same time, I was beginning to lose sight of what was me.

“Come along. You’ll get to see him more later.” She grabbed some of the wires and tugged me along, like a dog on a lead. Nothing more than a pet for her to play with. “I’ll introduce you to N next.” She led me over to the cell of the one who I presumed was N. Looking past the broken panes of glass, I could see a man sitting on a ratty couch. He sat so still, he looked like a mannequin.

A doll. Her doll.

A shaggy knit sweater hung off his body over tight black jeans. He stared off into space like he didn’t even see us. It was possible he didn’t. “N,” Mistress called. Instantly, his eyes snapped into focus and he bolted up and over to us. At first it looked like he was going to try and reach through the glass to grab at us, but in the last second his eyes locked on mine and he froze, gently cocking his head to the side as he looked at me.

“Girl…” he said softly.

“That’s right N. This is Angel.” He got as close to me as the glass would let him, staring me directly in the eyes. I stared back, the hairs on my arms rising as I did. There was something in his eyes. At first glance, they looked empty, but the longer I stared, the more I could see. Pain, longing, desire, anguish. I felt like crying just from staring. I was first to break eye contact.  When I did, N shuffled back from the glass and fell back on the couch, freezing into his previous position, eyes staring a thousand miles away. “Come along.” Mistress tugged me away from the depressing sight. “Let’s go see Ken.” I stumbled after her, not really wanting to move after what I had just seen. The next sight was no better. She led me over to a glass cage this time, one of three. The boy inside was tangled in black cords but what stood out to me was the scar over his chest. A hole in his black sweater showed off a long incision on his chest that had been crudely stitched back together. It looked painful. He was rocking back and forth in his cell as we approached. The air seemed to get colder the closer we got, like all of the happiness was being sapped from the room. “Ken.” He looked up slowly at the call of her voice and staggered his way over to us. I have never seen such empty eyes as when I looked at Ken’s. I let out a small squeak and cringed back. What could she have done to him for him to look so empty? Ken reached out for Mistress and touched the glass by her face. “Always so gentle, aren’t you my dear?” I tugged gently on the cords Mistress had in her hand, desperate to get away. I couldn’t take any more of this misery. With a sigh, she complied.

“Feeling anxious?” I didn’t move to respond, afraid of what she would do. “Alright. Well, we’ll see Ravi now. He seems to be in a good mood.” She led me over to Ravi’s cell. “I’ve heard you two talking before, so I don’t think I need to introduce you. Ravi, come say hi.” Ravi bolted from the corner of his cell and jumped up on his desk, crouching down to my level.

“You,” he growled. I felt my eyes widen. Sure he had been angry before when he would talk to me, but that was usually after Mistress had done something to me, like he was jealous. This sounded hostile.

“Be nice, Ravi.” His eyes snapped to Mistress then back to me. “She’s going to get to know all of you a lot better in the coming days. I looked up at Mistress.

“What?” I whispered. She just smiled at me before dragging me over to the final glass cage.

“Time for you to meet Hongbin. He may scare you.” Oh she had no idea. Over the time I had spent here, I had grown terrified of the crazy man in the elevated cell. Whenever he would see me, he would lung at the glass and let out this unearthly scream as if he were being possessed. I was reluctant to follow Mistress but she began pulling on my cords until it was painful, so I followed. “Don’t test me, Angel.” I whimpered but followed along.

“Hongbin, my sweet.” She tapped lightly on the glass and Hongbin growled, pounding a fist against the glass and scratching at her. She just smiled that usual sickly sweet smile and laughed lightly at him. “This is Angel. She’s going to be your friend.” She pushed me closer to the glass and Hongbin let out a small roar. I flinched away as he clawed at me. The black Xs on his white eyes scared me. They were the same ones Ravi would sometimes get when he would have a crazy fit. The sanity in Hongbin was all but gone, I could tell. She did something to him to keep him this way. ‘She keeps him crazy,’ I remembered Leo telling me. I almost felt bad for the poor man.

“Well, that’s enough of that. Angel. Go sit down.” I nodded and scurried back to the chair in the center of the room. “My dear,” she said as she clicked towards me. “I’m going to be gone for a few days. I’m going to give you a little test while I’m gone.” She smiled at me, scraping a nail along my jaw. I shivered under the touch which only caused her to giggle. “I’m going to leave you out.” I locked eyes with her. Had I heard her right?

“Leave me…out?”

“That’s right. I won’t reattach you to the wall and I will leave your cage door open. You’ve been so obedient, I think it’s time to test your obedience levels. How does that sound?” I could feel myself beginning to tremble. She was going to leave me out. She was going to be gone. She wouldn’t be here to torture us, laugh at us. Things would be okay, at least for a little while. In the back of my head though, that voice was still there, quieter than before.

No…Mistress. Mistress can’t leave.

I tried to brush it off. This was good news! I could walk around! I resisted the urge to smile and laugh, knowing that she would just do something to me if I did.

“I’ll be leaving as soon as I’m done talking to you. Food will come while I’m gone, and you will give it to everyone before eating yours. You will eat all of it, do you understand?”

“Yes Mistress.” She grinned and got close to me, running her nails up my left arm, circling the small hoops that were there.

“Good.” She leaned in close to my ear. “Don’t let me find out you did something…stupid.” Without warning, she leaned in and quickly grabbed  two rings in my arm and yanked them out. I screamed and curled up on the chair as she left the room laughing. “Goodbye my sweets! I’ll be back soon!” With that, the door slid closed.

~~~~~~~~~

Hello my amazing people! I can't believe how much support this story has gotten in such a short amount of time! I'm also incredibly sorry for the delay in this chapter. I've been dealing with some very stressful points in my life recently and this is the first time I've been able to sit down and write in a long time. Also, I've been working on another couple one shots. One is featuring Himchan from B.A.P. and the other is featuring Hongbin from our beloved VIXX! Not sure when either of those will be up, but we'll see! Also, I have litterally none of the next chapter of this story written yet, so I honestly have no clue when chapter four will be up. Mianhae! ^^; 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe and vote if you liked it! I read every comment I promise! 

Thanks everyone!!!!

<3 f0rever15

​gif not mine