Wake up, Deary

Prisoners

Where am I? My thoughts were fuzzy as I tried to force my heavy eyelids open. Where? As my mind began to clear, I became aware of the pains all over my body. Pullings, tuggings, pinchings, proddings, stabbings. What is happening to me? Very slowly, the world around me came into focus. The lighting was dim, like it was filtered through brown and red paper. I moved to rub my eyes and felt a tugging at my skin of my arm. I glanced down to see several shiny silver rings looped through my skin, attached to thin black cables.

                “What?” My voice was hoarse, like it hadn’t been used in days. I finally managed to force myself up slowly, trying not to pull at the piercings that I found covering my body. I shivered as a breeze ruffled my tattered clothing. As I sat up, I began to look around me. The black cables were all attached to the walls or ceiling of what looked to be a small cell. Two stone walls and a steal wall were around me and the fourth wall was made of broken panes of glass. Pale blue lights flickered above my head, their buzzing loud in my ears, causing my head to throb painfully. Through my blurred vision I was able to make out several other figures in the rooms around me. Over the buzz of the lights, I heard growls, moans and screams. Tortured, pained screams that made my skin crawl.

                “You’re awake,” A high pitched voice called. It was light and pretty sounding. Almost child-like. “Welcome to the family, my new pet.” I looked out the windows, searching for the sound. As my vision cleared, I saw a small woman standing over me. Honey blonde hair tumbled over her shoulders and a black dress clung tight to her hourglass figure. She smiled sweetly at me, but there was something sinister behind it.

                “Who?” I rasped. She smiled, kneeling down to my level.

                “I should think of a name for you. Something that fits your personality. Or maybe…maybe just something different and unique. You are my only girl here after all.” She the glass by my face gently, like she was caressing a child.

                “Where…Where am I?” I asked softly. She smiled again, reaching through the glass and grabbing one of the black cables, pulling it back through the glass and looping it around her fingers.

“Where? Why, you’re home.” She smiled, grabbing the cord tighter. Before I could realize what was going on, she yanked sharply on the cord. I screamed in pain as one of the small rings was torn out of my back. The rest of the sounds in the room stopped and I could feel eyes on me. The woman laughed in total elation, playing with the bloodied ring. The sound was surprisingly innocent, like bells.

                “I’m you mother. And I’m going to take care of you. I’m going to teach you manners. I’m going to teach you to behave.” She smiled, reaching through the shattered glass again, scraping her nails gently over my cheek. I flinched away from her, worried she would yank on one of the cords attached to my body again. Her smile grew. “Now, be a good girl and get on the bed,” she whispered. I glanced away from her quickly and saw the ratty looking mattress behind me. I shuffled back carefully propping myself up on the bed, not wanting to the anger the woman. She nodded, standing up again. “Now, you stay there. I have to check on your friends now.”

 She slowly walked across the room to the cell directly across from me, her heals clicking menacingly on the concrete. I watched her as she neared the elevated glass cell. I could see a boy crouched animalistically in the corner of the cell. He snarled and moved towards the glass as the woman approached him. He reached up to her hand that rested on the glass, scratching desperately to get to her and releasing a savage growl when he couldn’t. He had protrusions sticking out of his arms, the skin around them irritated. It almost looked like glass. The boy pounded violently on the glass of the cage and the woman just stood there, around his face as he snarled. 

"Oh dear, Hongbin. That simply won't do. I'll deal with that reaction of yours momentarily." She smiled, scratching the glass as she walked to another cage, the sound of her nails shrieked through the room. I could hear cries from the other cells. She moved to the cage left of the glass cell. I could see another boy sitting on a couch behind a broken window. He didn’t move at first, not until she called out to him softly. “Oh N, dear.” His head snapped up and he lunged for the window, black bands holding him back from reaching through it and grabbing at the woman. “You’re slow today. Maybe you’re hungry?” She turned quickly from him and proceeded around the room to the cell next to me. I couldn’t see into it but I heard a growl from next door. “Hello there Hyukkie darling.” There was a bang and the woman gasped. “Down! You’re in big trouble this time, Hyuk.” The woman her heel and strutted to the center of the room, picking up a small white doll that was sitting on the table. “Learn your manners.” She squeezed the doll and I felt my whole body freeze.

“What?” I gasped, trying to will my arms and legs to move. The woman picked up a long knife. With a grin she stabbed the gut of the doll. I gasped and doubled over in pain as fire ripped through my center. I let out a scream that matched those of the boys around me. The woman laughed and stabbed the back of the head of the doll. I cried, gripping at the pain.

“Stop!” The boy who I’m assuming was Hyuk cried. The woman threw the doll down and I flew to the side of my cell, slamming into the wall and tearing another of the rings from my back. I curled into a ball on the ground, quietly crying.

“Now, behave.” The woman continued her rounds, smiling at me as she passed my cell to the one on my right. “Leo dear. You have a friend to share the electricity now.” The woman pushed a button on the wall and the steel wall opened into the next cell. I looked over from my cowering on the floor to see who was next door. An attractive boy was kneeling on the ground, bound in a similar way as I was. His black hair was styled up and he wore black jeans and a piece of cloth around his shoulders acting as a jacket. He looked up at me and my eyes widened at his face. His eyes were small and slanted and he had high cheekbones and near perfect lips. His skin was light and clear. The way he looked at me though, was like he was seeing a wild animal next to him. It was a mix of fear and intrigue. “If you two behave, I’ll leave the wall open. If not…well, you saw what just happened.” She grinned again before moving on. Neither the boy called Leo or I moved. We just watched each other until my attention was drawn to the woman again.

“Hello Ken. You look well today.” I looked through the glass panes of his cell and saw a soft looking boy, bound to the wall by black strips of material. Ratty black clothes hung loosely on his thin shoulders. At the woman’s approach, he jerked forward, reaching out longingly for her. She placed her hand over his. The look on the boy’s face was so pained and full of so much longing, it broke my heart. The woman tutted at him. “Adorable as always. Now back.” Ken’s hand fell slowly as he backed away from the glass of his cage. The woman nodded and continued on to the final cell.

The glass wall of the final cell was covered in mathematical expressions that looked as if they had been scratched into the glass. The man behind it passed back and forth next to the glass, a snarl on his face. His body was covered in tattoos of all kinds, his face included. As the woman approached, he jumped on the desk next to the glass and crouched down, pounding on the glass some. The woman got right up next to the glass and the man looked at her with an intrigued look, like he was seeing a magical creature for the first time. “Hello Ravi.” She smiled once more before coming back to the center of the room. “Boys, this young lady is your new friend. Her name is…hmm…Angel. Be good to her. I’ll be back soon with some food for all of you.” With that, the woman clicked out of the room. I looked around at the faces that were staring at me. They all looked lost or insane. The boy in the glass cage, who she called Hongbin growled and slammed himself against the window, snarling in my direction. I shrank back from him.

“Don’t mind him. She keeps him crazy.” I flinched at the sound of a human voice next to me and sat up, turning to see Leo staring at me.

“What?” Leo rocked back on his heels, sitting down as he pulled idly at the black wires entangling him.

“She has almost complete control over us. She’s found a way to keep Hongbin in a state of insanity, acting like an animal. I think it’s something in the food she gives him.” He looked up at me. For the most part, he looked sane, but there was an air about him that was off. Not like that was any different from the rest of us at the moment. “You’re pretty. What’s your name?”

“I’m…” I furrowed my eyebrows. My name? What’s my name? I knew I had one before this. Angel is definitely not my name.  “I…I don’t…” I looked up at Leo in panic. “What can’t I remember my name?” I whispered. He smiled a piteous smile.

“It’s the effects of her torture. You’ll remember soon enough.” That was the last thing he said before he zoned out, staring at nothing in particular. Every once in a while, he would chuckle lightly, like he was remembering a funny moment in his life. It scared me more than him just staring into space. The groans, moans and screams from the rest of the room never stopped though.

I’m not sure how long we waited for the woman to come back, but at one point, Hongbin started laughing. Not a ‘haha that was funny’ laugh, but an insane cackle that rose the hairs on my arms and neck. He leaned against the glass of his cage and laughed, his face twisted in a demented smile. I shuffled away from the front of my cell, terrified. Eventually his eyes landed on me and he laughed even harder, pounding and scratching at the glass of his cell. That coupled with the sounds of the rest of the room had me terrified to the point of tears. I shuffled back onto my bed and curled up, crying quietly to myself. Clearly, this was hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merry Christmas Starlights!!!

Well, I'm glad I got this out. This is litterally all I have written of this story so far, but I wanted to give you all something now, because I'm not sure when I'll have the next portion ready by. Consider this a Christmas present from me!

This isn't like my other story where I'm only focusing on editing it, so it will take longer to get up the first few chapters than it did for my SuJu story. This has yet to make it from my brain to the computer! Well, I have the plot but...haha. 

ANYWAYS!!!

I hope you enjoyed this first enstalment and the introduction of our lovely cast. As with my Super Junior story, shoud you have a question for the cast or a suggestion for the story, simply message me a letter written to either me with your questions for them or, if you'd like, a letter written directly to them! (I'll have them answer as much in character as possible, so don't worry.) 

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Also, thank you to those who have already subscribed to this story! <3 It means so much to me and it helps to motivate me to write more. Drop me a line if you'd like to! I really don't mind talking to any of you. I like making friends!

Sarangheyo! <3 <3 <3

~f0rever15elf~