Trailer Tutorial: Logos & Cinematic Effect

❝ᶠᴿᴱᴬᴷ❞ Trailer Resources, Tutorials, & Portfolio

Okay, so this will be made on how to remove clips. Although you aren't exactly removing the logo because it's impossible to do that unless you have the original video file. I'll show you two ways. So this is the clip that I'll be editing:

The first way is with the cinematic effect:

So here are the logos that I want to remove. First, media generators, solid color, and then drag the solid color black to an empty video layer. (Make sure there's two empty ones to use.)

Make it so it's the same length as your video.

Now right click one of the solid colors and go to properties. It should give you a box like so:

Uncheck maintain aspect ratio. Now go to event/ crop and move it so it has the cinema effect.

Okay, so if you see the other black layer underneath and can't see your clip, just click the circle with a cross through it. (Idk what else to call it, OTL.) Now you can adjust it so it covers the logo.  Do this to both sides and make sure it looks even.

The second way is with cropping: (I usually just use the cinematic effect.)

First you want to go to properties and uncheck "maintain aspect ratio" on the video and solid colors.

Notice, depending on the videos you may have to adjust the cinematic effect to cover the logo. For example, the solid color had to be made longer to cover the logo. It all depends.

But when the cinematic effect isn't enough, for example here ^ you can always crop it.

Just don't use the clip for a long period of time, because I'm sure it'll look strange while he's moving and it'll probably cut off the faces, etc. Or if you need the clip for a while, then you can always continue to adjust the cropping. But make sure your video clips are broken into subclips when doing this. So that when you adjust one part, create a subclip for it, upload the video again and go to the scene you want. You can get a subclip by right-clicking and it'll give the large list of options.  (Hope that made sense.)