i.

Major Royal Pain in the

Prince Kai returns to South Korea with a loving fiancée by his side. The Royal Family – ‘We will sort this matter out’

After four years of studying in United Kingdom, Prince Kai returns with a surprise. He was engaged to Krystal, a Korean-born British-citizen residing in England. Their love story is seemingly sweet, for it proves that fairy tales do exist. However, the royal family seems to be against it…

 

“Kim Jong In, if you don’t sort this matter out, then I will!” Kai’s mother – mostly known as the queen – yelled at the top of her lungs, absolutely infuriated by the sudden happenings. Kai scoffed knowing well that his mother will eventually leave them be despite her thoughts against the future marriage between him and Krystal, his beloved fiancée. He knows his mother best, just like how she knows him best.

However, the sudden news of his fiancée’s departure the following day and another lady taking over her place slapped him across the face early in the morning. Irritated, he marched out of his room only to find the news to be true. Various boxes, a luggage and a dog – the animal which he loathed most – greeted him in his living room. The moment his fiancée stepped inside the living room, he was rendered speechless. It all happened too quick; much too quick for his liking anyway.

 “Who are you?” The question slipped out of his lips, as if he still didn’t know who the anonymous lady before him was. Truth was, he already knew of her identity. Kai got the gist of it seeing how she was well dressed. She was his other fiancée, the one he didn’t like anyway.

The said lady bowed, forming a formal barrier between them. “I’m Yun-Ha, your…” She paused mid-sentence and adverted her gaze to the floor. Discomfort could be seen in her facial expression, but it disappeared the moment she cleared and lifted her chin up, again. “I’m your fiancée.”

Kai’s jaws tightened and he returned to his room, slamming the door after him. “Fact number one: Kai is not a pocket full of sunshine.” Yun-Ha muttered after being left alone in the living room. She made herself comfortable on his sofa – well – she sat down in a very uptight manner. Though, she was unsure as to why she did so. After all, she doubts that first impression matters in this case. Oh, to hell with the bloody first impression! He hates me already.

Moments later, Kai strode out of his room in presentable attire; black fitted jeans, a button-down long sleeved red,plaid shirt and a pair of red low-cut sneakers. For a rich person, he likes low budget items; unusual, but refreshing. Yun-Ha commented in her mind, of course. Though, I must admit he seems like the type to know what to wear – a guy with fashion sense.

She was about to ask him where he was headed when Kai retreated back to the living room and grabbed her wrist, pulling her away from her sitting position, dragging her out of his loft. Yun-Ha was baffled. “W-Where are we going, Kai?” She managed to ask, but all she got was a silence. Rude jerk!

Only when the two of you reach his car did he let go of Yun-Ha's wrist. He opened the door to the backseat and ushered her inside, slamming the door once she was inside. Kai followed suit and entered his car. Obviously, he sat down on the driver’s seat. Whilst he was starting the engine, Yun-Ha bombarded him with questions which eventually ticked him off.

“Can you shut up?” Kai raised his voice, intimidating Yun-Ha. “I’m trying to drive and if you’re going to continue being such a pest, then get out and walk to the palace!” His temper silenced Yun-Ha, calming him down just a tiny bit. Kai was still hugely annoyed by his mother’s actions. This time, his annoyance was bound to turn to hatred if she does not step down and let him do as he wishes.

The car ride to the palace was tense. Yun-Ha felt the need to explode at Kai, for she too, was fed up with Kai’s attitude. For goodness sake, he’s acting like a bloody spoilt brat! Not everyone gets what they want in real life! Yun-Ha huffed and crossed her arms, resting her back against the tightly leathered car seat. She was no longer intimidated, in fact she felt like she stood on the same ground as him, if not on higher grounds. Yun-Ha wanted to bite his head off, royalty or not.

“Hah, more like royal pain in the .” Yun-Ha uttered, glaring a hole against Kai’s head. She was truly irritated, as if a new zit has popped up on her face, no, acne decided to invade her whole face. “I can hear you. I’m not deaf.” Kai grumbled whilst speeding over the limit. Thank goodness the road was not trafficked; otherwise the growing hate would soon make the car explode.

Yun-Ha rolled her eyes and frowned. “Yeah, I know. I’m not dumb.” She retorted. Kai no longer responded as he reached the gates of the royal palace. His car was known thus the security staff did not question his identity the moment his car made its appearance in their monitors. The iron gates opened widely, revealing the vast field which surrounded the palace. Yun-Ha’s speculation was accurate; the palace wasn’t like any other – it was exactly how it was perhaps a thousand years ago. But still, it was grand and it screamed majestic. Everything looked so polish regardless its age.

“Get out.” Kai demanded Yun-Ha after parking directly in front of the palace’s main entrance. He didn’t bother waiting for Yun-Ha to step out of his car and strode inside the palace with wide, frantic steps. Yun-Ha grumbled and forced herself out of the car and into the palace. She wasn’t that behind Kai thus she was still able to see and follow him.

After many turns into various corridors the two of them finally arrived at the high queen’s study. Kai stopped abruptly causing Yun-Ha to bump against his hard back because she assumed that Kai would continue walking. Kai stumbled forwards and inhaled sharply, his eyes closed to prevent himself from raging at Yun-Ha. She was tremendously annoying, or so he thought.

The queen looked up from her book and smiled pleasantly. Her eyes turned into half-moon crescents and the minimal wrinkles on the side of her eyes showed. However, albeit her aged skin she still looked beautiful and elegant. “What a pleasant surprise!” She stood up and offered the two of them seats at the vacant chairs which was set on the opposite side of her.

“No! We’re not sitting down because this’ll be quick!” Kai walked up to her glass desk and slammed his palms against the cold surface. The queen did not flinch; instead she sighed and took her reading glasses off. “If you don’t mind ma’am, I’ll take a seat.” Yun-Ha took the opportunity to rest her aching legs thanks to the long way to the study. The queen just nodded and eyed Kai as if demanding him to sit as well. Grumbling, Kai sat himself down on the chair facing Yun-Ha.

Yun-Ha was making faces directed at Kai which he caught. He clucked his tongue and scowled at her which Yun-Ha responded to by rolling her eyes. Clearly, they were not in neutral conditions. The queen heaved yet another sigh and shook her head, feeling burdened by their silent bicker.

“Look, I’m not concerned over your negative views over each other nor am I concerned over the love of your lives that you had to turn down for this matter. Having said that, I want to make it clear that I only care about your potential relationship in the future; I’m doing this because I want you two to share forever without cursing each other day by day. So get a grip, you two! This is for your own good, not mine.” Her lips were set on a thin line as she both gave Kai and Yun-Ha firm looks.

The two was not able to retaliate for a moment. Kai’s anger just rose per second and he was on the verge of losing his sanity. “Either you accept my proposal in marrying the queen of my choice or you pass the bloody throne to Uncle Hyun-Woo’s five year old son, mom.”

Exasperated, Yun-Ha rolled her eyes and sighed. “Your majesty, if you don’t mind I’ll be taking my leave. I still have classes to attend.” She waited for the queen’s approval before stepping out of the queen’s study. Finally out of Kai’s presence, Yun-Ha felt it easier to breathe. Her mind was filled with profanities and other inappropriate phrases as well as names directed to Kai. Oh, how she loathed him.

Luckily, Yun-Ha keeps her phone in her blazer’s pocket, partially because she was addicted to surfing the internet and socializing with her friends – like a typical human being in their generation. So, she was able to call for her chauffeur to pick her up without having to go back in that suffocating palace. Honestly, she just wanted to break free from all of this drama. Sure, Yun-Ha dreamt of being a princess when she was in her younger years, but that was because she wanted to be the spouse of a dashing prince! Not a scumbag!

Ten minutes passed and the car which was supposed to pick Yun-Ha up still hasn’t arrived. She was becoming impatient and she planned on calling the chauffeur to see why he was taking so long, but she remembered that her belongings were still in Kai’s loft. Arriving in school and attending classes without her equipment is a big no-go. After all, that will be recorded in the school’s system as being unorganized meaning she would taint her record of maintain a clear report for three years straight on her last year of school. “Great. This is bloody great!” Yun-Ha grunted and her heels, ready to go back to the study and ask for Kai’s keys to his loft.

Once again, her body collided against Kai, or so she thought based on how sturdy the body felt. She stumbled backwards and fortunately regained her balance before she fell. “Can you, for once, watch where you’re going?” Kai grumbled, not moving an inch to help Yun-Ha.

This kid! What the fu- “I thought you have classes to attend? Why are you still here?” Kai questioned. Yun-Ha opened her lips to reply but Kai continued questioning her motives. “Were you lying to escape being scolded? You sly !” Yun-Ha could feel the vein on her forehead popping. “Shut up! Okay!? I need your goddamn keys to collect my school bag because frankly I can’t go to classes without my equipment, that’s just plain lazy and disorganized! Where the hell is your common sense?! Did you lose it when you were in England?!” She yelled over him.

Kai’s eyes twitched, thoroughly irked by Yun-Ha. “Well if you had a little bit of mannerism in you, I could’ve drove you home and gave you your stuff, but no – you unladylike she-male.” With that he walked off to his parked car, leaving a gawking Yun-Ha behind. “You..You…You bloody sonofabi.. urgh!” She screamed and threw her phone towards his direction. Bad luck seems to be attached to Yun-Ha today as her phone misses Kai’s body and hits his car’s side mirror. Kai stopped on his tracks with his lips agape. Oh no, not the precious car.

Yun-Ha was oblivious of what she had done and continued raging at Kai but stopped when Kai began striding towards her direction. The murderous glare set on her was scary; in addition to that Yun-Ha saw his tight fist. , is he going to hit me?!  Ready for the enormous pain, Yun-Ha shut her lids tightly and opened it once again as the pain never reached her. Instead, she was dragged inside and thrown into the queen’s study.

“Kai, what now – oh dear! Kim Jong In!” The queen rushed to Yun-Ha’s side after seeing her get thrown so easily to the ground. Yun-Ha whimpered in pain due to the friction burn she felt whilst slightly skidding against the far-too-polished floor. “Are you alright, Yun-Ha-ssi?” The queen asked in concern.

“ that . If you’re going to marry me off to someone, at least pick a decent woman! No man wants to marry such a barbaric, manner lacking lady who is far too fluent in profanity.” Kai’s voice was so cold that it would have scared you even more, but you were already in tears. You felt as if your temper was put into test today and unfortunately, you failed the test. You were far from angry, raging perhaps.

“You spoilt ing brat! You are so ignorant!” Yun-Ha got back on her feet and proceeded raging, completely not caring about the fact that she was under the queen’s presence anymore. “If you really want to marry that damn commoner, then go ahead! But just remember that you’re crumpling South Korea’s reputation by doing that. Marrying a commoner, yes it’s so fairytale-like however you’ll be burdening your wife by placing so much responsibility on her shoulder at once – she’s not experienced. Not only will you be troubling South Korea by giving it a clueless queen, you’ll also be troubling the love of your life by burying her in pressure! Did you stop to think of that all the while you were mistreating me and protesting against your mother? Huh?!”

Yun-Ha hit the right spot. Kai and the queen were rendered speechless but due to different reasons; the queen being speechless because of admiration and Kai because of how she was right. Yun-Ha took their silence as a sign that she was dismissed, thus she walked off for a breather.

ing prince of Prickville! Choke on your romance-. No one gives a damn. 

 



Aye, whassup?

Feel free to leave comments behind because I'm a nosy person and I like knowing what you guys think of this chapter (is it boring? D:). lmao. Anyway, first chapter done! I'm off to do my homework! Y'all have a nice day okay? Stay safe! x

PS: This chapter has not yet been revised nor improved, therefore excuse the mistakes. I'm not a very good with English hence why I'm not grammatically accurate, bear that in mind please and go easy on the criticism.. if you're going to post some. 

- leneenja