Chapter one: Music & Coffee

Live!

Luhan sits on the chair nervously, his legs bouncing up and down. There’s quite a few customer’s staring at him, whispering to one another and girls giggling and he pats down his hair, paranoid. Although Yixing had recommended this job to him because he worked here and that was a good enough companion in a job interview, he still couldn’t handle the nervousness. He not only needed this job, but he wanted the job here, although his aura seemed to dampen the spirit a little bit, the whole actual aura of the café called Live was quite friendly and fun. At this moment in time, there was a sweet melody coming from the boy playing the guitar upfront, a few girls had pulled some of the old vintage chairs up to the stage to get a better look at the cute guitar player and to swoon over his ‘coolness’.

The bartender was relaxed as he sat atop the wooden surface, an iced americano in one hand and a phone in the other, the barista with the almost constant eye smile makes the coffee whilst a tall and intimidating looking guy takes orders from stuttering girls.

Not only was the atmosphere happy and calm, but the café it self was cosy, sure, Luhan was working up a sweat right now, but he could see how comfortable it would be; the old beige sofa’s and the oversized cushions that sat atop of them. The large bookshelf that Luhan was just able to spot if he craned his neck to look further into the café where tables and chairs were set up in corners just up the steps and velvet soft looking arm chairs. The colours protruded a warm feeling, with red’s and cream’s and a dark wooden floor, even the old fire that was right next to Luhan. Overall, the café was beautiful and it was the type of environment that Luhan wanted to work in, so he’d do his best in the interview today.

Just as Luhan finally manages to feel a little bit calmer, it’s his turn and he gets taken into the small office behind the bar where the employee’s smile and give him words of encouragement.

“Fighting!”

Luhan looks at the nametag that reads “Joonmyun” and nods his head, smiling back at the gracious worker before he walks into the small office.

 

It’s organised and clean, is the first thing Luhan notices, a bit different from the café behind the door, but it’s still cosy and if anything, Luhan thinks it’s even more comfortable in the office than it is outside of it.

“You must be, Luhan.”

Focusing on the person who spoke, Luhan is taken aback for a short while, he’s small…is the first thing Luhan takes note of, as he leans on his desk, you can see he’s small. Then the next thing Luhan notices is the cute fluffy features of this guy. Starting from the light fluffy brown hair, and then the cute pouty lips that stick out, the softness in those brown eyes and those round white cheeks. It’s…why, it’s simply adorable and Luhan has to hold himself back because he doesn’t know this person…yet.

“You are…Luhan, right?”

“Yes, sorry…yes, I’m Luhan.”

“Ah, good, I’m Kim Minseok, the owner of Live, Yixing has told me quite a bit about you, you’ve worked at a few café’s before Live, right?”

Café’s were the only places Luhan had ever had a job at, well he worked at the library once, but ended up getting fired from that job…it’s a long story.

“Yes, three, one was actually a bubble tea shop.”

“Oh! Our part-timer Sehun loves bubble tea.”

Luhan is too over whelmed at the cuteness of those sparkling eyes and that ‘o’ shaped mouth to even think of a response.

“So then, tell me why you want to work here, at Live.” Minseok stands from his desk and takes a seat beside Luhan, it’s distracting, because Luhan can see more of Minseok’s features now he’s more up close and he almost finds it hard to concentrate, until his brain clicks on the perfect answer.

“It’s simple, Live includes two of my most favourite things, music and coffee, and there’s a feeling of warmth within this café that where at my previous workplace’s, I could never feel.”

“Is the heating on too high?”

Luhan blinks…

He just said something so heartfelt and meaningful and this guy…

“No, no, it’s not the heating…”

Minseok laughs and Luhan stops breathing, “I know what you meant and it seems like we have something in common. Live is both music and coffee because they’re the two things that I love the most.”

“So that’s why you created Live?”

“Part of the reason.” He says, “Anyway, let’s get back to this interview, shall we?”

 

 

One Week Later

 

“Yixing’s friend starts tomorrow, right?” 

The topic caught Sehun off guard; he stopped packing away his bass and looked up at the nodding Jongdae.

“We have a new worker?” Kyungsoo asks, eyebrows raised, “Minseok hyung hadn’t told us.”

“You guys had studies, right? Minseokkie didn’t want to bother you both with the matter.” Joonmyun says whilst ruffling Sehun’s hair, Sehun frowns, he could’ve ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair, he’s the one who was talking, not Sehun. He only took interest in the conversation.

“Don’t worry, Luhan is going to be a good addition to the family.” Yixing comes in from taking the trash out, dusting his hands on his apron, a dimpled smile on his face, “You guys will for sure love him, just as much as I do.”

“I’m looking forward to it! He’ll have his welcome performance to do!” Chanyeol says, a grin on his face, “Anyways, I’ll be the first to leave, I have dance practice tonight and…no, I’m just going to go now, see you on Monday guys.”

With his guitar on back, snug scarf and a wave, Chanyeol leaves first, leaving Sehun in thought of what this Luhan could do for a welcome performance. He knew that Luhan couldn’t have applied to be a performer here, Minseok would’ve informed them of that otherwise, and besides, Sehun had heard Minseok talk about getting some new bar staff. But, that didn’t mean that Luhan couldn’t be a musical person, because in the job interviews here there’s always one thing Minseok looks for in an employee and that’s a love for music and coffee. Sehun didn’t pass in the coffee criteria, but he still landed the job here and he still wonders why because everyone else is a music and coffee lover and Minseok said himself that it’s a necessity at Live.

“I like our family the way it is.” Kyungsoo sighs, “What do you think, Sehun?”

Sehun tilts his head, “It shouldn’t be too bad, we should just believe in Yixing hyung.”

“Yixing hyung likes everybody though.” Kyungsoo whispers to a low level, “He even likes Baekhyun and his gang.”

“You accept Baekhyun and his gang as a part of our family, don’t you?” There’s a moment of silence where Kyungsoo shoots daggers as Sehun, “Besides, Jongin and Zitao are always happy to help us here and they’re not even performers here.”

“Sehun is moody today.” The pout on Kyungsoo’s face is adorable and Sehun only smiles, shaking his head as he finishes packing his bass away at last and pushes Kyungsoo to get ready as Joonmyun and Jongdae have already left and Yixing has gone to heat his car up whilst waiting for Minseok hyung to be done in the office.

“Sehun, I’m ready, are you coming?”

Sehun looks at Minseok’s office, “Ah…you head on, I have to tell hyung something, I won’t be too long, okay? I’ll catch up with you.”

Kyungsoo waves his hand in the air annoyed, “You better hurry up! I’m a fast walker you know!”

“But Kyungie is so small…”

Laughing at the hit he gets and angry puffs coming from Kyungsoo as he muffles insults about Sehun to himself walking out of the shop. He turns to the office door.

 

Now, it’s just Sehun and Minseok.

 

 

------

A/N: Hello! Wow, wow, wow! So many subs, I'm shocked, so...here's my first chapter, I hope I don't dissapoint, it's just so we can all get a feel of Live! I need the feelings to come across clearly because Live is going to be something important to every single character in this fic and so that means, there will be more than twelve chapters in this, because...damn, what have I signed myself up for, AND SO...I make no promises of when I will update this or whatever, it goes up when I feel like it and when I think I've written an alright chapter, but I really do appreicate all of the subs and the comments, so thank you! 
- Syls