FAQ

Make Me Happy Writing Contest [Closed]

I just want to write this chapter as a place for all answers to questions! If you have a question, comment, msg, wall post, whatever you want, and I'll be sure to get back to you! I will update here with any questions I feel should be used for the general public's help. 

 

Q. Can I have a beta reader?

A. Sure! But let me know who the prize Karma is going to if you win! If there is any drama, all karma will be sent to the original entrant, and you can figure it out on you own XD

 

Q. What is the honorable mention prize?

A. This is for a fanfic that may have a really strong element, be it plot, character devolopment, or creative descriptions, but didn't have all the right pieces for me. In other words, a fanfic I feel may have won a different contest, but because I am biased to different types of characters or writing styles (that I really can't help) they did not place as high. This is my way of acknowleding talent even if it may not be my particular cup of tea <3

 

Q. Can I enter this fic even if I've already started it?
 

A. Yes, if you haven't already entered it in another contest. I'm fine with ongoing, not with something already submitted elsewhere :) However! Exception is, if you write the story for *me* first, you can enter it elsewhere if the other contest's rules allow it :) Now - here is the exception. If you have *one* oneshot already either completed or entered in another contest, you can use that to meet the three oneshot requirement. Only One, not two, not three, but I will allow one oneshot already entered in another contest. 

 

Q. I want you to review my story, is that possible?
 

A. Yes! I am perfectly willing to do reviews by the rubric I have posted. It's how I will be scoring things, so if you want a score, there you are <3 I will probably post a small score card in each entrant's chapter, but if you want in-detail comments make sure to let me know!

 

Q. When does this contest end?

A. March 1st for entries, but everything should be completed by the 8th of March. Extentions may be given for 1-2 days due to unforseeable issues in the applicants life. For example, I'm expecting things like, my computer died mid-last chapter. Or, the power went out, or, it's -200 degrees below zero my fingers are frozen and I can't type! So things like that :P Please *try* to be done on time! March 12th is the final, final date, that is when everything ends and I'll read and announce winners as soon as possible!

 

Q. I don't understand, what do you mean 3 oneshots vs. chaptered? 

You can choose two different ways of doing this contest. 

Plan A: Chaptered Story (must be at least 8 chapters, 1,000 words per chapter or 8,000 words total)

Plan B: 3 OTPs OneShots (Each with a different prompt from a different category, and at least 2,000 words per one shot. Must have a solid ending – no drabbles)

 

Q. I don't think I can complete this fanfic in time....do I need to withdraw? 

A. First I want you to try as hard as you possibly can *to* finish it. If you are one or two chapters off *With the intention of finishing it as soon as possible after the contest*, I will include your incompleted entry in the scoring. You may get points off on this, due to the fact I can't possibly know how it's going to end and if I will like it. 

 

Q. Can I put in some heavy romance like almost or mention of it?

A. For plot purposes I will still be *aware* of what happened, but I'm not going to be influenced by how good/bad is, nor will I choose a fic to win *just* because it has mature content. 

That's all for now, also informing you that the prizes have been increased yet again :) I am an active fanfic author, and about 99% of my karma comes from the subscribers to my stories. Therefore, more subscribers = more prizes, since currently I am giving away all karma in my possession! This also means that prize increases depend on the sucesses of my various ongoing fics and oneshots. It also explains why the prizes may not be as high as other contests. I am very much the lurker, silent reader type, so I don't tend to comment all that often! Just my little explanation to you all, and now back to my personal writings!