Chapter 3

Disastrous Weekends

“Jungkook as in Jeon Jungkook? Wait – you're Jimin?” Jin rasps from his spot on the armchair, obviously still wounded from his fight with that dodgy fellow who goes by the ridiculous name that is G-Dragon.

“What's it to you, you er?” Jimin spits, taking offense. Jimin’s notorious in school for his no- attitude and if you’re ever on his bad side, he'll not even pretend to be nice in front of you. Jimin, being my best friend, and Jin having had “complications” with me in the past, puts Jin straight into his “no nice” list.

“Stop that, guys!” I intervene before another stupid fight would alight. “W–what do you mean Jungkook’s kidnapped?” I ask, feeling so out of loop. I was never very fond of Jungkook – initially because of that mask of arrogance he cloaks himself with and only worsening after the episode of him molesting me – but it doesn't mean that I’d be ecstatic at the news of his supposedly abduction.

Jimin’s being an even ier in his current state, not even a smidgen appreciative of the attention I’m showering him. “Do you want me to ing write it out for you, Taehyung? He was ing kidnapped.

“It’s V,” I correct automatically. I move my hands up and down his body, searching for any critical injuries. He winces in pain when my hands brush past his lower stomach and I lapse into a string of sorrys. “Don't worry, you'll be fine,” I say hurriedly, more to myself than him. I pull my hands away, only to find my fingers tainted with blood. Oh . There’s a deep cut in his left shoulder – as if he’s been slashed with a knife.

My vision blurs and far…far away I hear someone – is it Jin? – shouting my name but I don’t react. My head twirls and my heart quickens and all I see is the stark red of the blood upon my hands and the erratic beating of my heart in my ears.

“Kim Taehyung!” Jin’s screaming is sharp and loud and I snap out of my stupefied trance. “Get your head together!”

Jimin hisses at him. “Cut him some slack. He’s hemophobic. Dude, talk to me, you okay?”

I glance at him. Jimin’s hurt and he’s bleeding and he’s asking me if I’m okay.  

. I have got to keep calm. I don't know what to do.

“I–I’m fine,” I stutter. I pinch myself and, once more firmly, say, “I’m fine.”

“Good, thought I was losing you there, baby Tae,” he weakly grins at me.

I find myself grinning back meekly. “Let me put you somewhere more comfy.”

That’s when Jimin’s eyes starts slipping close and I panic.

“Jimin! Jimin! No! Do not die on me you er!” I shake him haphazardly.

. . .

I can feel tears in my eyes. I can feel tears running down my cheeks.

I will not have Jimin's blood on my hands –

and his eyes shoot back open.

“Stop it, you dumb ! I’m not dying – I just want to rest my eyes for a bloody moment!” he yells and I stop shaking him.  

“Well why didn't you just ing say so, wise ?” I yell back, not giving a damn about his wellbeing at the moment after the mini heart attack he gave me. “Ungrateful bastard,” I mutter under my breath. I have to restrain myself from slapping him in the face and kissing him on both his cheeks. Instead I fit my arm behind his back and haul him up and towards the sofa, placed in front of the armchair in which Jin sits.

I slacken my grasp on him a fraction too early because he falls down on the sofa in a loud heap, landing hard on his elbow. “Hey! Watch it!” he protests.

“Well karma’s a ,” I respond flippantly, still mad at him. I leave Jimin grumping and walk over to Jin, who’s bent over and clutching his abdomen. I tap him on the shoulder. “You alright there?”

“Shouldn’t’ve yelled,” he groans.

I lightly slap his back. “Hang in there, let me get the first aid kit,” I tell him.

Just as I’m about to go, his hand reaches out and grabs my wrist. I turn back around. “Tae–Taehyung,” he wheezes, “I know Jungkook well and he'll be fine – mostly butI know G-Dragon all too well and we have to take action right away, before…before…” he doesn’t finish his sentence. He looks me dead in the eye and says, “Go get me my phone and make sure to lock all the doors and windows.”

I can only nod in respond, slowly realizing the urgency of the situation.


A/N: It's short, I know. Painfully short. Ugh, sorry, just felt like I had to update after so long and, welp, this is what I came up with. STILL so many questions left unanswered but heeeeeeeeeey little Tae-Tae's a hemophobe (result?).