MINJEOK

Superman

Chen trudged down the street sadly, his eyes downcast, avoiding the eyes of people on the street. After placing his White Day gift at Chanyeol's doorstep, he practically had to pry himself away and sprint as far as he could without being seen. Now, in the open, he had bright metallic eyes and couldn't let anyone notice them.

Luhan... I miss you already...

He kicked a pebble on the side of the street listlessly, watching as it bounced a couple of times and landing perfectly into a drain.

It hurts so much...

Chen ignored the gnawing hunger in his stomach and turned towards the park, where the plaque was.

                                                                                    ***


Luhan started, turning to run down the street, away from the man, away from his grip on his shoulder, far far away...

He ran and ran and ran, his legs feeling like they want to burst into fragments, his lungs almost exploding, his heart thudding madly at machine-gun speed.

Luhan ran all the way until he found himself in familiar ground, a place he used to visit when he was sad, or lonely. A place he had not been to for a couple of months. A place where everything started.

He stopped, huffing madly, collapsing onto the ground next to the plaque, tears spilling out onto his cheeks.

He's going to get me... There's nowhere I can escape...


A shadow loomed over him, and Luhan clutched his head, screaming.

"GO AWAY!! GO AWAY DON'T COME NEAR ME!! ARRGHHH!!"

There was perfect silence. Luhan slowly looked up, and his eyes widened.

It's Chen.

Chen was standing a few feet away from him, watching him with a pained expression. Those hazel eyes... Those soft curvy lips... That smooth skin... That Adam's apple that was more visible than ever with his pale, translucent skin.

"Luhan?" He murmured. "I... I'm sorry, I won't come near. I'll go away."

He turned around slowly, and walked back down the path.

No no no no no no NO wait wait WAIT!!

Luhan sprang up and tried to run after Chen, but his legs were too weak with exhaustion and they buckled under him, sending him sprawling to the ground. Chen whipped around in shock, and hurried back to him, pulling him up to a sitting position, brushing dirt off his elbows and knees.

Suddenly he looked up, and they were face to face. Luhan could feel Chen's breath on his face, and Chen shivered at the close proximity. "Luhan..." He started to pull away, but Luhan grabbed him and pressed him close to his chest.

"Don't go." Luhan breathed into his hair, feeling a fresh bout of tears well in his eyes.

"I can't... Luhan..."

"He came for me."

Chen froze, his eyes darting up to Luhan's face. Luhan stared into Chen's fearful brown orbs with equally frightened ones.

"Ahn Jung Won."

Chen reacted like he was shot. He fell backwards and hard on his palms, out of Luhan's grip, and his face turned deathly pale.

"Evil force..." He muttered, as he pulled himself shakily to his feet. Luhan gazed at him with a puzzled expression. "What evil force?"

Chen didn't reply. His eyes went out of focus, and he stumbled away from Luhan down the path, as fast as he could without using his power.

Does Chen know something I don't?

Does Chen still... Love me?

The pain of losing Chen was overwhelming. Luhan felt his heart get stabbed a million times, as the breath he held in his lungs whooshed out with difficulty.

Luhan curled up on the ground, shivering and crying, in the middle of the path, as night fell.

                                                                                    ***


"You're not going anywhere anymore!!" Chanyeol yelled at him angrily. 

Luhan had awoken to find himself on Chanyeol's bed the next morning, his two friends sitting on the bed beside him with worried and angry expressions.

"What happened...?" He asked in a soft voice.

"You collapsed in the park, Luhan. Someone found you and called us from your phone, and we came to pick you up." Baekhyun reached over to pat his hand softly.

Luhan averted Chanyeol's furious gaze. He wouldn't understand. They wouldn't understand. He waited for Chanyeol's angry lashing at him, but instead he sighed and reached over to his hair. 

"Don't go running about and fainting on the streets anymore, okay?"

Luhan nodded slowly and solemnly. "I'm sorry..."

"Apology accepted." Chanyeol replied, cutting Baekhyun's consolation off. "But next time I won't forgive you."

"Chanyeol ah..." Baekhyun frowned at his boyfriend.

Chanyeol pulled away and looped his fingers with Baekhyun's. "Luhan hyung... Is there anything we should know?"

Luhan opened his mouth. He had a bazillion things to tell Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He was that close to revealing everything. Instead, he shook his head and sighed. "No."

Chanyeol looked crestfallen, and Baekhyun nodded with a grim smile. "We'll always be here to listen if you want to tell us, okay?"

Luhan managed a weak smile. "Okay."
 


                                                                                    ***

 


It had been a week since he last saw Do MinJeok's apprentice. But he figured it wouldn't be the last time he would meet him. 

It had been a week since he saw Chen, too.

Luhan had been living in denial. Denial that Chen had left him. Denial that his life was probably in danger. Denial that someone was out to kill him.

Every night, Luhan would stare at the Newton's cradle as it ticked back and forth. It was the only thing that kept him going. 

"I promise that as long as I'm here with you, this pendulum will never stop ticking."

Chen was still safe, and around. Chen will come back.

It was already 22nd March. Chen came on the 5th of November. He had less than two months left before he had to go. Before he had to leave permanently, and never come back.

                                                                                    ***


Luhan was walking back with Chanyeol to his house after work that night. As usual, it was a long, awkward silence, and Chanyeol didn't know what to do. He couldn't even hope for the whiny curt-tongued Luhan to come back. Nor could he hope for the carefree, crazy Luhan or the playful silly Luhan. He cast a glance at Luhan. He was so broken that even striking a conversation with him was painful.

Luhan stopped in front of the convenience store. "Go back first," he mumbled.

Chanyeol sighed. "I told you, I'm not going anywhere without you."

Luhan frowned. "Chanyeol..."

"You want something?" Chanyeol spun Luhan around and gripped his shoulders. Luhan nodded.

"I'll get it for you." 

"Okay."

Chanyeol went into the shop and glanced outside. Luhan was still there, watching him. He turned his back to the window, opening the fridge to take out a bottle of green tea and a carton of fruit juice. He turned again. It had just been five seconds.

Luhan was gone.

"!!!!!!" Chanyeol flung the drinks back into the fridge and sprinted out of the shop. The streets were empty, no trace of vehicle that could have taken Luhan. It was as if he literally vanished into thin air.

"LUHANNNN!!!!"

                                                                                    ***


"Jung Won? No, never heard of him."

"Ahn jung Won? Nope."

"Sorry we haven't had any customer called Ahn jung Won."


Chen slammed his fist against the brick wall, ignoring the way his hand started to smart. 

This damn guy must have been so low, to actually not get involved in any of the town's activities. Either that, or he did not use his real name. 

So how do I find this damned guy?!

Suddenly a strong wave of pain hit his skull like a dagger piercing right through. It was worse than any pain he had ever felt in his whole life. 

"ARGHHH HELL!!" He yelled, crouching down into a ball, his eyes stinging with tears.

It's Luhan. Luhan is in deep trouble.

I need to go... But no, I can't go... But I need to... But I shouldn't...

"The evil force will destroy you" The mysterious boy has said.

"He came for me." Luhan had said.

Luhan. Chen's heart began to ache with longing.


Arghh who cares about getting destroyed?! No one hurts my Luhan.

Chen turned and flew across the road, running towards the source of his pain. The source that would lead him to Luhan.

He didn't care how long it won't take, how arduous the journey would be, he just knew that he needed to get to Luhan as fast as he could.

                                                                                    ***


He was gagged, bound, and horribly disoriented. 

"Chen!!" He screamed into the gag, uselessly kicking on the tight ropes that wound around his limbs.

Chen!! Save me!! Chen they caught me!! Chen....

The door of the dim warehouse was flung open roughly, and Jung Won entered, his face pulled in a large smirk. 

"Hello again Luhan, I have been waiting for you." 

Luhan squirmed uncomfortably against the ropes, and the man smiled, leaning over to remove the gag.

"Chen!!!!!!" Luhan screamed.

"Whoa whoa, he's not coming my dear. Don't worry because even if he comes we'll destroy him."

"NOOOOOO!!" Luhan lashed his legs out violently in an attempt to kick Jung won, but he sidestepped it easily, with a laugh. 

Jung won grabbed his collar and forced Luhan to look into his eyes. His expression was intimidating and extremely vicious. Luhan growled at him lowly, and he smirked just a little.

"Princess, there is someone I would like you to meet, the very person who brought you here."

Luhan fidgeted against his rough hold, and he let go with a laugh. 

"Come in, he's eager to see you!!"

Luhan's eyes darted to the door, as it swung open, and a person walked in. He was wearing a cap that was pulled down below his eyes, clad in baggy attire, and a broad grin on his face. Luhan felt a prickle in his chest, and slowly his eyes widened.


Sometimes, nightmares present themselves in the form of reality.


The man removed his cap. 


It was Do MinJeok.


Luhan screamed.

 

 

A/N: Ahhhh okay so can you guess who he really is?? New powers added here

 

MY RANDOMNESS SPOT:

1) Check out my new trailer for a fanfic that im starting on next year!! HERE

2) EXO Showtime Ep 4! 

Whats up with their awkward hats LOL

@3:39 Sehun -.- why am i not surprised.

@5:20 Chen: *stares, speechless* Baek: TAKE ME!!    omg baekchen <3

@11:29 Kyungsoo violent present-opener

The biceps match in general was just hilarious. Kris bottoming made me laugh and Xiumin as top LOL that is predictable. But Kris totally wasn't haha!!

 

Kris crying about his mummy awwwh. @6:00 Layhan imitating Kris crying HAHAHA and Kris happily applauding them LOL

Kris, you have lost your image since the first ep of EXO showtime with your spilled drink and failed wink

EXO its okay to cry. Real men cry!! :)

@15:00 The girl in the box!! Imagine receiving a box with your fav EXO member inside OMG

@15:07 Chanyeol has unglam popcorn eating ways xD

@15:11 DIES OVER AND OVER AGAIN OMG Chen stop that NOW

... Did Lay sleep throughout the whole show?! HAAHAHA so cute :3

@16:03 Luhan Kris Suho sooooo adorable omg i wish my shoulder was there for them to sleep on

@16:53 Pissed Tao hahaha

LOLOL at @18:30 Hunhan telling a crying Kris: this is nothing. HAHA Kris mustve been like Oh haha

@21:10 Chen wakes up from slumber to a sad scene aww

@21:30 Kai just biting his hand and hiding and stating the obvious in that low voice: Its so sad...   <3 aww Kai

 

OMG DON'T CRY DON'T CRY STOP!!! T_T

 

Anyway, till next time :) (So Lay didn't watch the show at all? I still can't get over that HAHA)