When have you never flirted during filmings?

Stardust

Tao arrives at the meeting spot around 3 in the morning. He's still a little sleepy since he barely had enough time to sleep last night. He's greeted by Jongdae, the 2nd Production Assistant; the older boy is obviously lacking his sleep too. "Good morning." He greets the young raven-haired Chinese with a yawn, Tao smiles shyly at him, "Good morning, Jongdae-hyung. Anybody else here?"

Jongdae points to the patio where Joonmyun - the director - is talking to Yixing - the writer - while having their morning coffee. They're all inside the director's house and the staff and crew are to go to a small secluded town up in the mountains a day before their two main actors show up. Tao scans the frontyard of the director's house and he finds random people stealing a few minutes of sleep before all of them are complete. Though still wanting to catch a few winks, Tao decides to sleep it off inside the van and just double checks everything they'll need.

Tao walks towards the two huge prop boxes near Jongdae's stuff and double checks everything. It's a weeklong stay in the middle of nowhere and missing just one thing means he's gonna come back to the city, return to the location and potentially lose his job. He kneels in front of the prop boxes and opens one while holding a checklist in one hand, "100 Mini DVs... 40 Masking tapes... 500 Batteries... Chargers." Tao mumbles as he checks the content of one of the boxes. Once he's contented, he places everything back inside and checks the other prop box, "Scissors... Scripts... Whiteboard... Whiteboard markers. Hmn. I guess we're ready."

He sees Minseok approach the yard and he's checking a list on his clipboard as he moves about the ground. He double checks everything before the project manager clears his throat and starts to yell, "Looks like we're all ready to go. Everyone!" He starts, and Tao notices that there are now more people in the yard. He's never met the rest of the technical productions team yet since they aren't part of the preprod meetings they've had with Joonmyun and the rest. Minseok clears his throat again, "I'll introduce everyone first. I'm Kim Minseok, I'm the project manager, I was the location scout and I'm also the field director. Multi-tasking, I know. Welcome to independent film-making." Minseok checks the list, "First is our stylist. He'll take care of the clothes and the continuity of it all. That's Byun Baekhyun." He points to a short boy leaning against one of the vans. Minseok smiles at him before he continues, "Our lighting director is Park Chanyeol..." A tall and lanky guy with huge eyes and ears wave a hand, "His assistants are Baekho and Ren." To this, two young looking blonds nod their heads to the group.

"This is Do Kyungsoo," Minseok taps his hand on the shoulder of a short boy who approaches him, "He's the one in charge to feed us. Don't anger him if you don't want to starve for a week."

"That's Kim Jongin." Minseok points to a tanned boy talking to Joonmyun and Yixing with his own cup of coffee too. "He's our cinematographer. He has Minho and Myungsoo as his assistants. Lastly..."

Minseok trails off as he scans the area, Tao looks around as well checking if there are other people missing who hasn't been introduced yet, the production manager asks, "Where's the audio team? Weren't they here already?"

"We're here." A voice cuts the silence - it was deep and commanding; Tao couldn't help but turn his head to the source of the said voice. The young PA's eyes widen when the owner of the voice emerges from behind a tree and this guy just looks so perfect to be just a part of the crew.

Minseok shakes his head when he finds a cigarette stick between the audioman's fingers, "That's Wu Yifan. He's the audio director and his assistants are Jonghyun and Woohyun." He checks his list again and smiles, "That's everyone for the production team, I gue- oh! Of course! I almost forgot! Our production assistants are Huang Zitao and Kim Jongdae. I know they're prod assistants but please, don't overwork them. We're a fairly small team and if a PA faints, or worse dies, we're doomed."

Everyone laughs at this, including the two PAs. "So!" Minseok claps his hands together, "We have a truck, that's where all of our equipments go, so technical team I hope you've checked that everything is in order." The technical team responds with 'of course.' 'Double-checked.' 'Triple if you want us to.' Minseok shrugs them off. "We have a car and Joonmyun, our director and the writer Yixing will be riding that. I will join them as well. Our driver is Hyukjae."

"The truck driver will be Kyuhyun. Minho and Jonghyun will join him." Minseok tells them, he continues on, "Van 1's driver is Donghae. Both van will have one PA with you, and they're the ones who will be communicating with me so if you have concerns, tell him. Team A, you have Jongdae. Chanyeol, Ren, Baekho and Baekhyun are joining him." The aforementioned names just shrugs it off and they start gathering their personal belongings to walk towards their vehicle. Minseok continues, "Van 2's driver is Sungmin - Tao is the PA and he'll be responsible for Team B. Yifan, Woohyun, Jongin, Myungsoo and Kyungsoo will join him." Minseok checks his list, "We are 20 staff and crew on this trip, and that excludes Oh Sehun and Lu Han - our main actors. Here's the deal, okay? The both of them will be sharing one trailer. Their managers wanted them to have separate trailers but we couldn't afford it. Also, it's our responsibility to take care of them since they're only bringing one assistant each. Hyukjae will fetch them in town before they're taken to our location. Please, please, pleaseee... Be nice to them, they're really hard to get and we had to negotiate on their talent fee so hard, we hope they don't walk out on us. Jongdae, Zitao... I'm really counting on you guys here."

The two PAs chuckle and nod their heads, Minseok gives a thumbs up to them. The bubbly project manager continues, "Back to our lodging issues. The actors and their personal assistants are now set to the trailers. Well, the staff and crew unfortunately, will have to sleep in tents." There's a collective groan amongst the staff but nobody really complains since they're all used to sleeping anywhere they deem comfortable especially during location shoots.

"BUT! To be fair, we had a bathroom and toilet made for us up there. We had it built as part of the set and it's working perfectly. There are only 2 shower rooms and 2 toilets so, for a staff of 20, let's all be nice and share. If you can't hold it in though, trees and grass are abundant, too." Minseok chuckles, then continues on, "The actors' trailer has its own shower and toilet, so we won't have to worry about the actors. Any more questions?"

"How many in one tent?" Chanyeol asks, and Minseok answers him, "Two."

"Can we sleep inside the vans?" Yifan asks. "Nope." Is the collective answer of the drivers, "Let's try to keep the vans clean and let's save gas, guys." Donghae tells the group with a bright smile.

"Wait, how do we determine our tent-mates?" Kyungsoo asks, Minseok suddenly fumbles for his bag, "I prepared for this, too! I'm such a boy scout."

"More like suffering an OCD." Baekhyun comments and everyone laughs. Minseok ignores them and keeps trying to get something inside his bag. Finally, Joonmyun, Yixing, and Jongin joins the crew. The director is beaming at them and speaks, "Looks like everyone's having fun."

"You're just in time, Joonmyun! We're about to determine our tentmates!"

"Great. Just a disclaimer, I talk in my sleep. If you're my tentmate, I will end you if you even think about recording me." Joonmyun tells the group and everyone bursts into another fit of laughter. "Just kidding. I sleep like a content kitten."

Minseok grins and takes out 20 pieces of wooden sticks. "There's a number at the bottom. Pick one. Think of it as a little team building too if you don't know the person you're sharing the tent with."

One by one, all other 19 staff and crew take their wooden sticks and they look at the numbers at the bottom. Minseok tells them to hold out their sticks and he lists down the tentmates for the shooting. "Alright, Joonmyun and Yixing, Kyungsoo and Jongin, Minho and Jonghyun, Baekho and Ren, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, Woohyun and Myungsoo, Kyuhyun and Sungmin, Me and Jongdae, Hyukjae and Donghae, Yifan and Tao. Hooh!"

They all laugh at Minseok's energy and it's revitalizing for the godforsaken hour of the day. "Shall we go? It's a 6-hour trip from here. We'll be there around 10 in the morning. Don't worry about getting hungry, we'll have a stop over somewhere. Autobots, move out!" The project manager claps his hands together again and the rest of the staff and crew scramble their way to their assigned vehicles. Tao decides to take the backseat so he can sleep, he immediately places his head against the window and closes his eyes, not minding who's going to sit next to him.

It must have been just an hour when Tao wakes to something hard hitting his shoulder. He whinces in pain as he turns his head and finds a tuff of blond hair leaning against him. Tao's blood rushes against his cheeks when Yifan shifts next to him and the blond's cheek and nose brushes against his bare arm. He feels goosebumps rise when the blond's breath grazes his skin.

Tao makes the littlest of movements as he cranes his neck to check the other passengers of the van. Woohyun and Myungsoo are both leaning their heads on each side of their windows. In front of them, Kyungsoo is splayed alone on the seat as well. Sungmin and Jongin are talking quietly on the front seat. He shifts a little and leans deeper against his seat and the movement stirs Yifan awake.

"Oh, I'm sorry." The blond mumbles and moves away from him. Tao shakes his head, "I-it's okay."

Yifan smiles and Tao thinks it's a very nice smile, "I'm Wu Yifan. I wasn't listening so I guess I need your name again."

Tao chuckles behind his hand, "It's Tao. Huang Zitao. I'm also your tent-mate just in case you didn't listen to that, too."

"Didn't."

"Guessed as much." Tao smiles, "I don't know how to build a tent."

Yifan laughs silently next to him, "Me too. Let's wing it, or worse comes to worst, we'll use the tent as sleeping bag."

"We can do that too."

They laugh and turn away from each other shyly. For some reason, the atmosphere isn't actually awkward - it's nice. Tao thinks it's really nice.

"Hey, Tao."

Tao turns back to Yifan and the blond is holding out a neck pillow for him, "Use this."

"It's yours. Why didn't you use it earlier?"

"I don't like it. My sister is just being a kid and packed it in my bag."

"Oh. Thanks." Tao smiles and takes it. He puts it around his neck and leans against the window again.

The younger misses the shy smile that spreads across Yifan's face when he closes his eyes to go back to sleep.

Yifan doesn't hear Tao's heartbeats racing against his chest when the blond leans his head against the backrest to sleep too.

-----

Tao wakes up when the van comes to a sudden halt and the force causes his head to collide hard against the back of Woohyun and Myungsoo's seat. "Are you okay?"

Tao is rubbing his sore forehead and turns to Yifan who's trying his hardest not to laugh. The younger pouts, "I'm fine. Where are we?"

"Some stop over, I guess. I'm hungry."

"Let's go!" Kyungsoo cheerfully tells them as he opens the van's door and jumps out, Woohyun and Myungsoo follows. Yifan next, Tao last. The PA runs towards Jongdae and wraps an arm around the shorter boy, "You look terrible."

Jongdae lets out a whine, "Chanyeol and Baekhyun are energizer bunnies. They won't stop talking! I swear Ren is about to stab them both with a pencil and Baekho just stopped him. You look good, I mean..."

Tao turns behind him to find Yifan having a cigarette break with Joonmyun and Minho, he turns back to Jongdae, "I had a nice sleep. My team's quiet."

"Trade?"

"In your dreams."

"HOW CAN I EVEN DREAM?!"

Tao chuckles then drags Jongdae inside the quaint diner where they'll be having their buffet-style breakfast. The rest of the team join the others about 5 minutes later, reeking of cigarette stench, yet it's oddly welcoming to Tao when Yifan sits across him with a plate of eggs and bacons in one hand, a cup of coffee in the other.

"Is that all you're eating?" Tao asks, he looks at his plate of toasts, a side of omelette, and a cut of ham. He's also having a glass of orange juice to down it all. Yifan chuckles, "I'm gonna go for a second round, of course." The blond taps his flat tummy, "I'm hungry."

Tao rolls his eyes but smiles at him nonetheless, "Obviously." Yifan grins and puts half of his bacons' portion on Tao's plate, "Eat more. I'm pretty sure you'll need more energy than I do in the weeks to come."

"Thank you." The younger manages to smile at Yifan without showing his reddened cheeks.

The breakfast ends after an hour and they all scramble back to the van except for the smokers who're trying to finish a cigarette stick or two before another few hours of traveling to the middle of nowhere. When Yifan climbs back on his seat, he finds Tao reading the script. "So, what's the story about?"

"You didn't read it?"

Yifan shrugs, "I'm an audio director. I ask my assistants to put lapel mics on the actors and I hold the boom mic for the ambiance sounds if I'm feeling generous. I make sure the audio is connected to the camera and they're equalled perfectly and that's it. I don't need to read the script unlike Jongin or Chanyeol. They need to feel the story to know the camera shots or the perfect lighting, I sit back and relax until I don't hear them speaking in my headphones anymore."

The van starts to move and Yifan continues, "I could choose not to watch the actors and just listen to them. I can focus on anyb... Anything else that's more interesting during the shoot."

Tao nods, "O...kay? You do realize I asked a yes or no question? And I kind of has been working for production houses at least two years now so... I do have an idea of how the audio team works."

"Point." Yifan chuckles behind his hand, Tao notices the blond's cheeks redden (the sun is already shining outside), 'Probably because of embarrassment and nothing else.' Tao notes to himself. "So, you didn't read it?" Tao asks again, Yifan shakes his head. "Nope. Didn't."

"I did." Woohyun chimes in from in front of them as the assistant turns to face them in the back. Yifan makes a face at his assistant that tells him to ' off', but still making sure that Tao doesn't see, Woohyun returns to his previous position looking upfront, "I'm a bad storyteller though, so you go tell my boss about the story."

Tao pouts then turns to Yifan, in which the blond smiles at him, "Well, okay then..." Tao starts as he shifts on his seat, "Sehun plays the character of Jinhwan, a young photographer who went up to the mountains to look for his missing muse. Lu Han is Jiro, a naïve guy from the mountains. Jinhwan first finds him washing himself by the rivers, and Jiro is innocently beautiful - thus, we needed Lu Han - and Jinhwan is easily captivated."

"So, technically, Jiro becomes Jinhwan's muse?"

Tao nods, "Something like that. They discover each other - Jiro learns about the world through Jinhwan. Jinhwan learns about simplicity through Jiro."

Yifan hums in response, "Do they get a happy ending?"

Tao sighs, "Unfortunately, they don't. Jiro dies due to some terminal disease that the mountain doctors couldn't treat. Jinhwan wanted to bring Jiro to the city to try and save him but Jiro refused to be taken away from his home."

"What happens to Jinhwan?"

"Jinhwan... He opens an exhibit that showcases all of Jiro's pictures. And he smiles at the picture of Jiro smiling back at him before the end credit."

Yifan nods, "Ah. Tragic."

"It's beautiful."

"Tragically beautiful, then."

Tao beams, Yifan clears his throat and smiles back. The ravenhaired boy puts down the script and puts on his earphones, "I'm gonna go rest."

Yifan watches as Tao gets himself comfortable against the glass window and sleeps. He smiles as the serenity of rest splays on the young PA's face.

----

"Catch!"

Tao barely registers the word when a bundled tent is thrown at him by Sungmin. He stumbles backwards but stops when his back hits a sturdy chest. "Careful there, tentmate."

Tao turns to look at Yifan smiling at him. The blond pats his shoulder before taking the tent from him. "Let's put our personal stuff here first and let's decide where we want to set up camp."

The younger nods and sets aside his bag and prop boxes back into the van and tells Sungmin they'll get them back after setting his and Yifan's tent.

"Hmmmn..." Tao contemplates as he scans the area where most of the staff are already doing their respective little homes for the coming week. "How about there?" Tao points to where the trees are most abundant and where they're not too packed with the rest. Yifan nods and they walk their way to where Tao has decided to stay.

"How do we do this?" Tao asks once they've laid out all the parts, Yifan grins, "We can just wing it."

Tao laughs shyly and nods, "Alright then!"

The both of them starts assembling the tent, one side lopsided or one of its skeletal systems is sticking out. Yifan nearly punches a hole in the fabric when he loses grip on one of the metal rods. What could have been done in half an hour takes them one, much to the delight of the rest of the staff watching the two of them struggle with their tent.

"We're done... Oh my god! We're done!" Tao exclaims and immediately pulls Yifan into a hug, they pull away immediately when they hear a round of applause around them.

"We shouldn't have casted Luhan and Sehun, Joonmyun! We have a perfect love team here!" Minseok comments and Joonmyun agrees with him.

"Uhmm, let's just get our stuff from the van." Tao tells Yifan shyly before walking back to their vehicle, Yifan glares at everyone before following the young PA. Once everyone has settled into their tents, Minseok and Joonmyun calls for a meeting - it includes a storyboard discussion, location re-scouting, cinematography shots and the likes. By the time they're done, it's already dark around them, save from the bonfire in the middle of the camp and the millions of stars shiniing above.

"I'm going to sleep." Tao tells the rest after their late dinner. Yifan stays with the group he's worked with before while most have already turned to rest. "You like our PA, Yifan?" Yixing asks, the blond laughs, "Please, Yixing. You know me too well."

"When have you never flirted during filmings?" Myungsoo asks and Yifan laughs it off, "It comes with this awesome package."

"He looks like a sweet and innocent kid, Yifan. Don't around." Jonghyun warns him, Minho agrees, "He's not the type you should be toying with."

Yifan smiles knowingly at the group, "Who says I'm playing this time? I'm gonna join him, I'm tired." He walk away from the guys and heads into his tent he's sharing with Tao. The younger is curled like a fetus on one side of tent, a slight peek of his skin can be seen and the curve of his is on perfect view.

Yifan shakes his unholy thoughts and lies close to Tao. The ravenhaired boy grunts and curls to himself more.
The older sighs and moves just a bit closer to maybe give off some of his warmth to the shivering boy next to him.

-----

Tao wakes up to his alarm clock ringing and an arm around him holding him close. He feels goosebumps crawl in his skin when Yifan's breath touches the back of his neck, and it makes him blush ten shades of red. Tao takes a deep breath before slowly lifting Yifan's arm from him and quietly crawls out of the tent.

"Good morning!" Minseok greets him when he arrives at the common area where they had dinner last night, "Had a good sleep?"

Tao nods lazily and Minseok tells him Kyungsoo's preparing breakfast and he can wash up while waiting. Tao sits next to him and leans his head on the older's shoulder, "I'm still sleepy, hyung."

"You little baby. Luhan and Sehun will be arriving around 9. We have to set up in 2 hours, so unless you want to share the shower with the other crew members, I suggest you dash to the bathroom now."

Tao pouts before heading back to his tent to grab his change of clothes. He almost screams his head out when he finds Yifan in only his boxers sittiing in the middle of the tent. "Oh, good morning!" The blond greets him and Tao turns to look away, "G-good morning, Yifan."

"I'm gonna run to the showers now." Yifan tells the younger as he runs past him - in his boxers. Tao realizes too late that his tentmate technically cut past him for the bathroom so he immediately grabs his towel and takes all he needs before running to where the bathroom is.

Thankfully, looks like Yifan was the first to use it and Tao waits dilligently outside the door. 15 minutes later, the younger can't wait anymore and knocks on it, "YIFAN! I NEED TO SHOWER TOO!"

The door opens and Yifan ushers him inside. The blond is currently brushing his teeth, in his jeans and a towel hanging around his neck. He's still half . "I... I'm..."

"Ger hinshai!" Yifan garbles and drags Tao inside before closing the door behind them. The blond spits the foam out of his mouth before facing Tao, "They're all waking soon. Go. Shower. I'll be out of here soon."

"Uhmn, oh. Okay." Tao stutters and walks inside the shower, fully dressed. He closes the curtain carefully inspecting that he's secured from behind it since he can still hear Yifan brushing his teeth. He takes off his shirt and lets it hang over the shower curtain's rack. He's about to remove his pants when the shower curtain bursts open and Tao screams.

"You scream like a girl." Yifan is smirking at him, "I'll wait for you. Let's have breakfast together."

"GET OUT OF HERE!!!!"

"See yah!" Yifan closes the curtain again and Tao is relieved to hear the door lock when the blond leaves the bathroom.

10 minutes later, Tao opens the door to a line of 6 glaring men and he bows apologetically at them. "WE HAVE TO SHOWER IN TWO'S!!!" Ren whines as he enters the shower room with Baekho. Jonghyun and Minho are sleeping against the wall while Woohyun and Myungsoo are just silently drinking their coffee while waiting.

Tao finds Yifan smoking with a cup of coffee sitting by the dining table where various breakfast are laid out by Kyungsoo. Tao sits across Yifan and takes a sandwich, "Coffee?" The blond asks, Tao nods. Yifan stands and returns with a styro cup of instant coffee - as if you'd expect something fancy.

"Slept well?" Yifan asks and Tao nods, the blond raises an eyebrow, "Don't you talk?"

"I do." Tao smiles and swallows his food, "I did sleep well, if that's what you wanted to know."

"Moody."

Tao laughs, "I'm not. I just... I'm not really talkative."

"Alright. I'm talkative though, sometimes I don't stop." Yifan smirks, Tao nods. "I'm a good listener."

After an hour or so, and after everyone's had their fill of breakfast, Minseok and the rest of the technical crew starts to set up the lights and cameras as to where they're going to shoot first. Tao, Jongdae, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo helps as the Art Department as well, helping with the props they'll need for the scene. They're lacking the art department, obviously, and they need all the help they can get.

"Tao." The young PA whips his head to the direction of Minseok's voice, after he puts a vase on a coffee table. "Yes?"

"Hyukjae just texted me and they'll be here in an hour. Luhan is throwing a fit and Sehun's just about to strangle him. Just... I don't know. Luhan demands fresh flowers in his side of the trailer and I just..."

Tao beams, "I'm on it."

Minseok gives him a thumbs up before leaving the room, "I'll come back, guys!" Tao waves goodbye to the rest who're still fixing last minute changes inside the set while Baekhyun is taking pictures for continuity purposes.

Tao runs out in a hurry that he doesn't see another person in front of him until they collide. An arm grabs onto Tao's arm stopping him from falling face first to the ground.

"Going somewhere?"

Tao looks up to see Yifan smiling at him, "Yeah... I need to pick flowers for Luhan. He demands fresh flowers."

Yifan laughs and releases Tao, "Come on, let's look flowers for that little twerp."

Tao nods with a smile. They walk for at least 10 minutes until they reach a field of wildflowers, "WOAH... Pretty..." Tao exclaims and Yifan looks at the younger. Tao is beaming, the blond tugs on the PA's wrist, "Let's start gathering flowers for that button-nosed snot."

Tao slaps Yifan's arm while laughing, "Stop that! I'm sure he's not gonna be a huge pain!" Yifan releases him and lights a cigarette, "He's already a pain if he's demanding flowers. I'd throw a vase to his face if I were you."

Tao laughs again and he walks towards the field, "Come on, Yifan! Let's get this done."

Yifan signals him that he'll come after he finishes his cancer stick, Tao rolls his eyes and starts gathering flowers of different colors. It's quiet and tranquil until Tao starts screaming, dropping the bunch of flowers in his arm and running back to where Yifan is nearly finished with his cigarette.

"Caterpillars!!! Ew! Ewwww!!!"

Tao starts brushing off everything from his skin, shaking as if the insect crawled all over him, "Yuck!"

Yifan laughs then hits Tao lightly on the head, "Yah! Why did you hit me??!!"

"It's just a ing caterpillar. And they become butterflies, how can you hate them?" Yifan sighs then walks over to the abandoned flowers on the ground and gathers them back. "Come here!"

Tao pouts and reluctantly walks back beside Yifan, the blond ruffles the younger's hair and hands him the flowers, "I'll pick them up, and make sure no caterpillars are found. What could have happened if I'm not here?"

Tao pouts some more if it's any more possible, "I'm sorry..."

Yifan smiles, he fights the urge to do something about those pouting lips and focuses on picking up flowers. After a few more minutes, Tao tells him that it's enough and they should head back. Yifan nods and hands Tao the brightest and biggest flower of all, "I said it's enough."

"That's for you."

"Ah... Oh." Tao smiles and takes the flower. He smells it, and hides his cheeks behind its purple petals, "Thank you..."

Yifan doesn't say anything and the two of them walks back to where everyone is. Minseok greets them when they arrive, "Those are beautiful, Tao."

"Yifan did all the work... I kind of freaked out when I saw a huge caterpillar."

"Yifan?" Minseok tilts his head, Tao turns around and he realizes that the audio director is no longer behind him and he's currently talking to his audio team. For a brief second their eyes meet and Tao feels his cheeks burn again. He turns back to Minseok who's smirking knowingly at him, "Oh, you. Anyway, here." Minseok hands Tao a vase, "Arrange those flowers and they'll be arriving soon." Their project manager waves him goodbye before stalking over to where Joonmyun and Yixing are talking with Jongin and his team.

Tao takes the vase and he heads to his tent first so he can put his own flower inside before working on a bouquet for Luhan. Once he's done, he hands his handiwork back to Minseok who then takes it inside the trailer (since it's only him who has access to it as of the moment).

Tao looks for Jongdae and the both of them starts checking with the whole crew if they're ready. They start labelling their mini DVs and they check the scripts for any possible errors. "Hey, Tao." Jongdae whispers and Tao looks up from his folder, "What is it, hyung?"

"I heard Luhan can be such a and Sehun's a bastard."

Tao laughs, "We'll see about it, I guess? Yifan called Luhan a button-nosed snot earlier, too."

"Yifan? Oh! The audio director? Have you worked together before?"

Tao shakes his head 'no', "But he's my tentmate and he's nice..."

"Ahhh... Anyway. Sehun and Luhan is such a famous couple in the 'gay' community but I heard that in real life, they're at each other's throats!"

"You're too gossipy!"

Jongdae laughs then hits Tao's shoulder, "I can't help it! We're working with two really, really famous actors! Too famous, our salary had to be reduced! And we had to use the locals here as extras." The older PA flips through the pages of the script and laughs, "Look, even Baekho had to be a part of it! Even Sungmin-hyung and Kyuhyun-hyung!"

Tao laughs along with him, their chatter is cut off when a red car stops and parks near them. Luhan gets off the car, followed by his assistant. Next is Sehun, also followed by his assistant. Minseok calls for the two PAs so they can help unload their actors' luggage.

Despite the rumors, Luhan smiles at them and introduces himself and his assistant Minhyun. He immediately asks where the trailer is since he'd love to rest a bit before shooting starts. Tao takes him there after Minseok hands him the keys.

"These are beautiful, Tao." Luhan exclaims when he finds the vase of flowers next to his bed, "Do they grow here?"

"Yes. But it's a bit of a walk from here."

Luhan smiles at him, "Don't worry. I'm not gonna make you bring me fresh flowers everyday. I just wanted something nice today."

"Alright. Anything else you need?" Tao asks and Luhan shakes his head, "I'll be on my way, then." He tells the actor then leaves the trailer.

Tao finds Sehun and his assistant having brunch while talking to some of the crew, including Yifan. They're laughing so much, you'd think they're best friends. Jongdae walks next to him and whispers, "I'm dismissing rumors. Sehun seems nice, and Luhan, well, he did smile."

Tao giggles, "He's nice enough."

"Tao!"

Tao turns to find Yifan calling him, he walks over to the group and the blond pulls him down so he can sit next to him, "Sehun and my team worked together for a TV commercial before. We worked together for a mini-series, too."

"Happy to see familiar faces especially in the middle of nowhere!" The young actor exclaims and they all laugh again. "Sehun, don't you want to rest? You traveled quite long..." Tao asks and the actor shakes his head, "I'd rather get started now then rest later."

"Ahhh, okay. I'll call Baekhyun after you eat so he can start on your makeup."

Sehun nods with a smile before taking a spoonful of his food.

Actual filming started about three hours later and Tao observes that Luhan and Sehun are really professionals even if they ignore each other during breaks. Luhan isn't as y as they perceived him to be, except that Tao sometimes sees him roll his eyes at Sehun when they're talking with Joonmyun. Jongdae chuckles when they hear Sehun snap at Luhan and the two actors end up yelling at each other.

Minseok breaks it up, and the two actors are whisked away from each other by their respective assistants. Joonmyun shakes his head, while Minseok checks the sequences they've finished and still have to finish.

They decide to finally have dinner break and Tao realizes that it's already 9 in the evening. They've been filming for almost 12 hours now, except for the hour-long lunchbreak they had earlier. Tao takes a seat next to Minho, who's eating like he hasn't in days that Jonghyun had to scold him. Baekhyun sits next to him and the stylist looks really exhausted from changing their actors' clothes and taking pictures everytime they change the sequences.

Joonmyun is talking to Minseok, Yixing, Jongin, Yifan and Chanyeol as they preview the scenes on a monitor. Luhan is eating with his assistant while talking with Ren and Kyungsoo. Tao is really dismissing the fact that Luhan is hard to work with, it's obvious that Luhan only hates working with Sehun, which is weird because all the movies they starred together in are box-office hits and their chemistry onscreen is undeniable.

They resume shooting an hour later for a particular scene where Luhan and Sehun are having dinner in Jiro's - Luhan's character - home by candlelight.

Tao watches as the two exchange subtle glances of affection as they talk about the food Jiro prepared. Those two are so professional in fooling everyone that you'd think there's something behind those glances, only if they aren't at each other's throats off cam. And before the end of the scene, Jiro smiles timidly, and Jinhwan - Sehun's character - returns the gesture the same way. Tao beams at the scene because he feels all giddy inside, he hears a low chuckle a few feet from him. He breathes through his nose when he finds Yifan trying to suppress his laughter behind his free hand while holding a boom mic on another.

Joonmyun yells 'cut' and the actors stand from the table, they walk to the director and talk to him while Tao stalks off to Yifan and slaps him hard on the shoulder, "You asshat!"

"Whaaat? You looked amusing like that." Yifan responds as he soothes the pain caused by Tao. The younger frowns and walks away from Yifan. They start clearing the set and putting equipments back to the truck. Most of the crew heads straight back to the tent while Tao decides to take a very quick shower. He's glad Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are waiting after him since he hates showering alone at night especially in unfamiliar places. He smiles at the 2 shorter males after exiting the bathroom and makes his way back to the tent.

Yifan is browsing through his iPad and looks up to greet Tao. The younger rolls his eyes and just crawls to his side of the tent. His eyes widen and starts to frantically look for something among his stuff. "Looking for something?" Yifan asks without taking his eyes off his gadget and Tao mumbles a 'yeah'.

"Look up." Yifan tells him and Tao does. He smiles when he finds the purple flower taped on the roof of the tent, he sighs in relief before lying on his side with his back facing Yifan. "Afraid you lost it?"

"Yeah..."

Tao hears Yifan's chuckle and he tries to ignore it. "I'll pick up more flowers for you, if you want."

"Whatever. Good night, Yifan." Tao responds, thankful that his back is turned against the blond or else his blushing cheeks will be seen. He curls into a fetus and tries his hardest to sleep but he shivers from the night weather of the mountains.

"You cold?" Yifan asks.

"... Yeah."

"You can hug me."

"I'd rather not..."

"I can hug you."

"You better not."

"What if I want to?"

Tao bites his lower lip before he sighs and responds, "Just go to sleep."

"Fine."

Tao hears Yifan shift behind him. The PA tries to go back to sleep again when a leg snakes with his and an arm wraps around his waist, "Yifan..."

"Go to sleep. We can sleep better like this. It'll probably get colder later anyway."

Tao thinks why not. He's watched too many sappy romantic movies in the past, so hey, they're here for just a week and Tao knows he doesn't have to invest any romantic feelings whatsoever but he won't deny the rush of blood Yifan gives him when he looks at him. Love at first sight is so cliche, so Tao tells himself this isn't love, this is -

"Go to sleep, Tao." Yifan whispers against the back of the younger's neck and pulls him closer. Tao smiles a little, cliche as it sounds, this could be love.

----------

Author's Notes: First chapter up! 2nd chapter, I don't know when will be posted. 2nd chapter of In Between Today and Forever is also in the works, might post that next week. I've been really lazy writing lately even if I'm not too busy with work. I'm just... That. Lazy. Sorry! :)

By the way, if you feel like things happen way too fast, IT DOES. In my years as a production assistant, i've met and befriended new crew and staff members on a day to day basis. Part of our job was to be charming so that the staff are nicer to you (too bad i never worked with someone as hot as Kris before XD.

THIS IS NOT BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE. not the love story, at least. the workload and terms - those are mine.