Realization.

Red Lipstick Stains

Time describes all the matters. A pair of married couple, used to tangled in each other arms and those happy moments they shared with each other suddenly comes with an affair.

Tao, a handsome man major in business and marketing. Ye Rim, a beautiful and adorable woman that major in acting course. Ye Rim used to be the school flower because of her beauty but she only look up to Tao because she loves Tao even though there are so many other handsome men confesses to she.

Their happy moments spend for years and finally Tao decided to propose. He took a week to plan everything because Ye Rim likes Tao singing but he doesn't really likes to sing. He writes a song for his proposal despite he's a business-course student.

When finally Tao is proposing, Ye Rim couldn't stop crying because she never thought that Tao will sing to marry she. She teased Tao for not marrying him but she saw Tao's sad face even though he knows that Ye Rim was just joking. She quickly says 'I do' before she gets sad herself.

After their marriage and honeymoon, they also bought a luxurious house thanks to Tao's hard works that his income roses and get to let them buy it and their parents finally forces Tao and Ye Rim to give them a grandchild. When the couple heard their parents discussion, both of them went nervous although they are already a married couple.

5 years later, they finally gave birth to a boy and he's called Jin. But after their marriage and the arrival of Jin, Tao begins to feel that his feelings for Ye Rim was far. Too far than he could think. He also thought that Ye Rim looks uglier now compare to their pre marriage time. Tao also begins to return home late giving lame reason saying loads of work to be done but Ye Rim knows that she was no longer in Tao's heart and Tao has been avoiding she and hasn't look into Ye Rim face for a long time now. Tao also he begins to go to clubs often.

Ye Rim still loves Tao a lot and she don't want to lose him. So she decided to do something, something that's pretty out from her personality and attitude. Something that she will never thought that she will be doing.

One night, Tao went to the club that he often goes with his colleagues. He had a few shot of his favorite alcohol, vodka and suddenly one of his colleagues talks about a woman.

"Hey, did you all notice that there's this one hot babe always comes to this club?"

"Oh? Who?"

"You don't have to know. You're married right? If you play a third-wheel, your wife will be sad!"

"Come' on! I won't do anything okay?"

"Oh fine. I heard this hot babe called Sol. There's this one time I saw her, her body curve was so damn hot!"

"If she was compared to the women here in the club, how hot she is?"

"Even hotter than them! The women here all lost to her! She has a really mature aura! Not to mention she always wears a really fashionista clothing and rocking a red lipstick! She's just so perfect!"

"Woah."

Another 2 colleagues at the other were whispering.

"Is it okay to help her? I mean, we shouldn't mess with their business?"

"We can't help with it. If like this, their relationship couldn't return like how they was before."

"What are you two talking about?" Tao hears them whisper.

One of them went panicked about they heard Tao talking to them. "Absolutely nothing?"

For some reason, Tao feels that there's something weird on this situation.

"Tao, look! That's Sol!"

Tao turns as his colleagues says that Sol is here. When he finally saw Sol, his jaw almost drop. He has never seen someone who is this pretty beside Ye Rim before married.

"I'm going to greet her!" His colleagues says.

"Hey, why don't let Tao go? He's even excited than you."

"... Fine. Tao, go!"

Tao really went to Sol like how they colleagues ask then the colleagues started whispering again. "It's lucky that our with she worked out."

"Yeah, thanks to my hard work act! Maybe I should be an actor soon."

"Yeah yeah." The other colleagues says.

Tao walks slowly before reaching to Sol. Tao noticed there are a lot of men looking at Sol. As their colleagues said, Sol has a very hot body figure. She kind of reminds Tao of his wife.

"Hey there."

"Oh, nice to meet you." She was surprised.

"Nice to meet you too."

"I'm Sol, you?"

"Tao."

Sol puts her fingers on her lips and giggles, "Nice name you have there."

At that moment, Tao thinks that Sol's voice resembles of his wife.

"You have the same voice as my wife."

Giving a shocking look. "You're married? Then I'm not interested." Sol slightly walks away.

Tao grabbed her wrist, "Even though I'm married, we can still be friends right?"

"Hmm... I guess you're right."

Both of them getting friendly real quick. They even exchanged their phone numbers.

While Tao and Sol are still chatting, Tao's colleagues came. "Hey Sol!"

"Hi."

"I'm his colleagues and I'm called Joong Ki."

"Hey! Don't interrupt us!" Tao strikes.

"Oh, it seems that Tao likes Sol. We're so telling your wife!"

"Go ahead then."

"We will show no mercy then." In a joking voice.

"Nah, I'm just kidding. Don't tell her."

"It's about the time I should return home soon. My mother going to be worried if I return late."

"Oh, okay. Drive well."

"You too. Don't make Sol falls for you! She's my target!" Says in a joking voice.

Sol checks the time on her watch, "I'm also returning soon."

"Really? Should I give you a ride?"

"It's okay. I can take public transportation."

"But it's getting pretty late now. It's 2am in the morning."

"... I'll take a cab. My mother don't like it when she see me with a man she doesn't knows."

"If you insist."

"Sorry." As she was apologizing, she quickly leaves a red lipstick stain mark on Tao's white smooth shirt without his realization.

Tao returns to home after Sol. When he returns to his home, the first place he goes was his son's room. When he opens the door, he saw Ye Rim's younger sister, Ye Eun. Tao was wondering why was she here but he doesn't want to wakes up his son, he decided to ask tomorrow instead of waking them up now.

As soon as he walks to his room, he could hear footsteps. Normally, Ye Rim would sleep really early. When Tao enters the room, he can see that Ye Rim is sitting front of her closet with lots of makeup removal. He also saw there are some cotton pads that was just used.

"Did you go anywhere?" Tao asked.

"... No."

"Then why there are so many used cotton pads?"

"Then what about that red mark on your shirt?"

Tao didn't know what she was saying and just check his shirt. There's a red lipstick stain mark. He didn't know. He quickly grabbed on his own shirt and started rubbing to erase it.

"... Just... Leave it. I will wash it up sooner or later."

Tao just keep quiet and took of his clothes and went to have a shower. At that moment, he is having his good time remembering the moment he had chatting with Sol instead of his wife.

Days passed since then, awkward things always happen. The couple don't talk and meet often anymore ever since the appearance of Sol. But Tao just remembered that Ye Eun is here.

Every morning, this couple will always had their breakfast even though they are tired or lazy. This time, Tao wakes up just to ask why Ye Eun was here.

The atmosphere was very quiet until Tao decided to say something, " So... Why is Ye Eun here?"

"Am I a burden just staying a few weeks in your house?"

"That's not what I mean. I just want to know why you're here instead of your own house not far from here."

"My house to this house are quite far if you don't know. I have to change 2 lines at the subway just to get here."

"So, what's the reason?"

"Of course! To visit my dear nephew that I haven't meet in awhile."

"Then you can just bring Jin back to your house."

"Hah? What do you mean by that? Are you divorcing my si—"

"Mind your manners, young lady." Ye Rim cuts her sister's talk.

"I'm sorry..."

Ye Rim was a pretty strict woman due to her course she's taking during her university life because of those training. Due to that, she got her this personality from her acting teacher because of their intense acting training.

"I'm just staying here for my university. I don't want to live in dorm."

Ye Rim let out a sigh and walks to the kitchen silently, "Ye Eun, go and wake Jin up. Since today is Sunday, let's bring him to amusement park", telling her sister.

"Okay..." Follows Ye Rim to the kitchen. "What about he?"

"... I'll do the same as for the night."

"... Okay, please... don't get hurt by doing this okay?"

"Don't worry, I've through these pains before. Let's go to the amusement park. You know I have to leave early. I'll wait you at the garage."

"Okay... I'll go bring Jin now."

Ye Rim went to the garage and Ye Eun went to wake Jin up. With that just a small conversation, Kris heard everything.

"Jin, mother is going to bring you and auntie to amusement park to play. Wanna play roller coaster togethe—"

"What did you and Ye Rim talk about?"

"We didn't talk about anything."

"Don't act anymore. I've heard everything."

"What? How dare you eavesdrop when we're talking!"

"I don't care if I did or not. What did you both talked about."

"Appa, don't argue with auntie..."

Tao bent and kneel down, "I'm sorry, Jin."

Jin holds Ye Eun's palm with his small fingers, "Let's go, auntie. Bye, appa."

"... Have fun, Jin."

Ye Eun brings Jin to the garage and they leave to the amusement park while Tao is getting ready to his office. Tao works as the CEO's secretary since his hard work for his business-mind payed off. He's strict during his work and playful when he's off.

On the other side, Ye Rim might be an actress now if she didn't get married. Because she had Jin now, she wanted to spend her time wise with her beloved son.

"Unnie, your acting is sure good."

"Of course, I was graduated from an acting course. But I wasn't acting when I love Tao and Jin."

"Well, because all those feelings are irresistible."

"Yeah, those feelings and acting are two different things but in acting, feelings have to be included too."

Ye Eun scratches her head, "I'm in the designing course though..."

"I know." Ye Rim laughes.

The sky slightly become dark after a few hours wandering in the amusement. Ye Rim drives Ye Eun and his son back to her house because she have to do some preparation and leave earlier.

Ye Rim straight goes to her room and applies cosmetics on her face. She do her makeup pretty quick and the last cosmetic she will put on is the red lipstick.

The night falls, Tao finally off from his work and and leaves to the club with his colleagues. But before he go there, he decided to go home and get a change of clothes because he wants to attracts Sol and he's curious about what his wife and her sister talked about.

"Where's Ye Rim?"

"She's not at home now."

"Then where is she now?"

"She's training at the company."

"Training?"

"Didn't you know that unnie is a trainee? She's debuting soon with her very first drama next month."

Ye Rim actually auditioned for a company and trained for 8 months now and will debut in a month more. The drama that she was casted in was a lead. The drama she's in is quite like a triangle love genre. The drama has already filmed and just waiting for the exact timing to air on.

"Oh, I saw that article. I never thought she was actually acting in a triangle love drama."

"Why not? She's good at acting and you'll be even shock when you see her nickname."

"Her nickname? Hah, it'll be either Ye Rim or Steph."

"Although unnie's English name is Steph but you'll be shocked when you see it."

"Like I care."

Tao leave the house after he changed. He wears a suit that he bought not long ago and an alluring perfume. He bets that Sol will definitely like it.

When Tao reached the club, he saw Sol was in another man's arm. Usually she don't talk or hang out with other men beside Tao. When he take a closer look, it is one of his and Ye Rim's best friend and he is Kris.

"Hi Sol."

"Hey."

"Oh, aren't you Tao?" Kris interrupts.

"Yo, Kris."

"Wow, you actually recognize me?"

"Why not, you're an international idol."

"Don't praise me like that."

"I'll leave for a while." Sol excused herself.

"So, how's life?" Kris asked.

"Pretty good. How bout you? How's life as an international idol?"

"Pretty sad uh. I can't do things that I want to do anymore. There are paparazzi everywhere."

"Then why you put your arm around Sol?"

"Sol is my girlfriend? Why not?"

"You're girlfriend?"

"Yeah. Why you keep raises your voice? Aren't you married with Ye Rim? Well Tao, if I know you betrays Ye Rim, you gotta get it. You know I still love Ye Rim although I have Sol."

"... Me and Ye Rim are already in a crisis status."

"What? Hey, I might be unable to attend your marriage to crash it but what?"

"I've lost my feeling to Ye Rim ever since 3 years ago."

"I entrust Ye Rim to you but you did this to she?" Kris frustrated and angry.

"Anyway, do you know that Ye Rim cast in drama as a lead female character? I'm the lead male character for this drama."

"Does that means she's in this triangle love thingy in the drama?"

"Yeah. But surprisingly, her pseudonym for the acting world is Sol."

"What? Sol?"

"You don't know? Poor you, it must be real when you said you lost your feelings for Ye Rim. I should had crash your wedding 6 years ago."

"Hey, I'm returning home soon." Sol came.

"Tao, do you know why I love this Sol? It's because she and Ye Rim lookalike. Not only lookalike, they almost have the same humor and characteristic." Kris whisper to Tao. "Let's go babe, I'll send you home."

"Okay... Bye, Tao."

"Can't you stay for more a little?" Tao said with a sad look.

"What? Trying to seduce my girl after stealing Ye Rim away from me?" Kris said.

"..."

Tao hoped that Kris would leave first so he could had his time with Sol but it seems like both of Kris and Sol are leaving the club.

Kris is one of the classmate and friend of Ye Rim. He used to crash every moment when Tao and Ye Rim was together but he did it for fun because both of them are very sweet and would make people jealous whenever they go but Kris does really has feeling for Ye Rim.

Tao doesn't really wants to go home at this state so he just went to the hotel nearby and have a sleep instead.

One month later, the circle of going club and work just keep repeating. To meet Sol, Tao only can meet she during night time at the club. During this one month, Sol will always leave a lipstick stain on Tao's attire every time when they part. But after this one month, Sol has been visiting the club least and least. It's almost a week since she last stepped in the club but Tao was always in the club by the night just to meet her but sadly, she didn't come.

It's Sunday. A day when Tao doesn't have to wake up early to go work. He usually wake up at 6:30a.m. to work but since it's Sunday, he wakes up at 9am. He goes to brush he's teeth and took a shower before heading to the kitchen to have breakfast. When he is at the kitchen, he feel that lonely atmosphere. Ye Eun lefts a note on the fridge, "Ye Rim unnie made some food and put it in the fridge. Heat it in the oven. I bring Jin to the park nearby to play. By Ye Eun".

Tao opens the fridge and bring the food out to heat it in the oven. When the food is ready, he takes it and put it on the dining table and eat. He realizes that Ye Rim wasn't at home too and he remembered that she just debuted through her first lead in a drama that Kris was in too.

He's pretty curious about Ye Rim now so he goes to take his smartphone and searches immediately. He types Ye Rim's full name and it appears that her nickname is really Sol and he couldn't believe it. Before he realizes, she is in the top chart for the newly rookie actress. It seems that Tao has always underestimate Ye Rim's acting all this time.

Tao goes to the living room and his smart television to watch news. The news was all about his wife, who is famous after just debuting in one week. Because Ye Rim was this famous, he goes to check the drama online on the smart television. There is only one 1 episode and he watches it.

The opening of the episode is all about Kris. He's the main lead in this drama and on half of the episode, Ye Rim appears with the name 'Choi Soo Hyun'. Kris' name for the drama was 'Kang Si Woo' and he's a young master from a rich family and Ye Rim's character is from the common who came in as a tutor for Si Woo. Despite of their age, Ye Rim and Kris looks really young although they're already 30.

"Was her acting this good all this time...?" Tao curious.

At that time while Tao is still watching the drama, he heard the door knob unlocking. He probably bet that it's Ye Eun and Jin returns from the park.

"You guys are back?" Tao asked.

He didn't get a reply; and he thought it's weird. Normally if it's Jin, he would make a lot of loud noises but this time, he's not. Because he's curious, he wanted to turn his head to see who it is but he think that it will lost his cool.

"You're actually watching my drama when you've already lost your feelings to me and attracts to Sol in that club."

"How di--" He was shocked because it is not Ye Eun or Jin and it is his wife.

"Kris told me."

"Yeah, I like Sol. And I want to divorce."

"Then and try to divorce me. I also know that those lipstick stains we're leave by Sol."

"You--" Tao let out his rage and trying to slap Ye Rim's face.

"Slap me if you can. I can always have lawsuit on you since I'm an important person in Korea now."

"How did you know about Sol? And why is your pseudonym Sol?"

"Why can't I? Give me reasons."

"..."

"See? You can't even give me reasons why I can't use Sol as my pseudonym."

The door opened, "Omma!"

"Oh, Jin!"

"Unnie! You're back! It's been a week since you left! I miss you so much!" Ye Eun yelled.

"I miss you too, Ye Eun."

"You're returning to the dorm again?"

"No, since the recording and filming have already done, I can stay at home until my next fan sign event or variety shows appearance."

"Jin, did you hear that? Omma is staying home again!"

"Yay!" Jin cheered.

Tao just turned off the television and straight went to the bedroom. He wants to have some sleep before going to the club and waiting for Sol to appear again.

He couldn't get some sleep so he went out in his warm and comfy sweater since it's fall. While he was walking, he saw Sol and Kris was together. Tao must had thought that they are couple.

"Oh hey, Tao!"

"You're dating so publicly huh."

"Did you see my disguise?"

"I did."

"Then how did you know it was me?"

"I saw Sol."

"Oh."

"The drama was good."

"Of course! There are 2 major actor and actress graduate from acting course."

While Kris and Tao are having conversation, suddenly they heard phone ringing. The ringtone kinda remind Tao of his wife's phone ringtone. It is Sol's phone which is ringing, she took out the phone and it's exactly the same as Tao's wife phone even the case.

"Hello?"

"Unnie! What should I do?! Jin is having high fever now!"

"What? Did you bring Ji-- Did you bring him to the hospital?!"

"I did! Unnie come to the hospital! Quick!"

"What happened?" Kris asked out of concern.

"... Give me a ride to the hospital."

"Okay..."

"I'm following." Tao insist.

"No! You can't!" Sol yelled.

"Why?"

"I..."

"Sol, just let him follow. If he doesn't know the true, both of you will be living in lies forever."

"... Fine."

Hence, Tao really follow them together to the hospital. What Tao could thought was either her parents or siblings in the hospital but suddenly, he saw Ye Eun there and Jin is also there too.

"Unnie!"

Tao mind goes 'Unnie? Ye Rim is not—'

"Jin!" Sol shouted because with a shaking and cracking voice.

"Omma... Don't cry... Jin is okay..." Jin said while lying on the bed with his high fever.

"Huh?" Tao is really curious about this situation.

"Tao, follow me." Kris holds around Tao's shoulder and pull him out.

While they are walking outside, Tao couldn't stop thinking out of a conclusion.

"Why... Why is Jin calling Sol his omma?" Tao asked.

"Did I told you before that Ye Rim pseudonym is Sol for the acting industry?"

"... Huh?"

"Sol is Ye Rim. Ye Rim is Sol. She hides this fact from you because she wanted to be love again by you. That's why she always wore deep makeup and a red lipstick. It's kinda hurt to hear this story from she when she comes and find me and act as her boyfriend when we were filming the drama. I bet you also didn't know that Ye Rim went to audition and become an actress right?"

"Why I'm so ignorant all this time... Those clumsy moves and actions of Sol reminds me of Ye Rim... Even her voice... Why..." Tao cries with regrets.

Kris slightly pat on Tao's shoulder to comfort him, "It's okay buddy, you can always learn from wrong and from now on you should treasure Ye Rim as much as you can or else... I'll never let you go."

"Thanks, Kris..."

"You should go to them now, your family is waiting."

Tao run into the hospital as fast as he could but because he causes a loud because of the slapping sound on the tiles floor and got scolded by nurses in the hospital. He runs silently to find them.

Ye Rim moved Jin to a private room because it was sponsored because of Ye Rim's career. There's a window and Kris and look up there. Kris didn't go and find them instead standing outside and look up at the window of Jin's room.

"Ye Rim!" Tao shouted when he enters the room.

"Shh! Jin is sleeping!" Ye Eun scolds Tao.

"Where is Ye Rim?" Tao asked because Ye Rim wasn't there.

Ye Rim returns to Jin's room after signing the forms for admit Jin in this private room.

"Ye Rim! Why did you lied to me all this time as Sol?"

"... I wanted to have your attention like how when we were still dating. I don't know why our relationship become like this but... I hate it when you're more interested in Sol instead the one you thought that ugly and old-styled Ye Rim..." Ye Rim's tears rolled down her cheek.

Tao don't know what to do to stop her from tearing and just hugged her and apologizes, "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I regretted why I started to love Sol... But still I ended up loving the same person... I'm sorry..." While apologizing, he also cried.

"It's okay... Since you've know your mistake, it's okay..."

"Omma... Appa... " Jin woke up.

"Opps... It seems that we've made our son wake up." Ye Rim said.

"Yeah" Tao said while giggles a little.

After all these obstacles and mistakes, Ye Rim began to act even more better in the drama that she was casted and Tao no longer going to club anymore and focuses on his work. For Ye Eun, she is very busy with her assignments and project for her upcoming fashion show at university. Jin also grow up quite well and very well-behaved and for Kris, he finally found his other part and also takes endorsement for fashion and get married. Peace.