3

Second Proposal

 

"Will you try to kill yourself again?"

Yunna asked the unknown guy.

"I haven't decided yet. What if I do?"

"Of course I'll stop you.

The guy smiled sadly at Yunna and glanced her for few seconds before turning his sight away.

"Do you really mean it?"

"What?"

"If so...then..i supposed..."

The bath is starting to get full and he swiftly picked Yunna up and tossed her into the tub with her clothes on.

"Hey! What are you doing?!"  She snapped.

"Now you don't have to worry about catching a cold."

"...What?!"

"So, will you still stop me if i try to kill myself again?

"I-if you really mean it...I will try to stop you, even though you're acting like this to me!"

His eyes widen a bit when he heard the desperation in Yunna's voice.

"Then you should stay with me to keep me from doing it." Guy smiled warmly and let out a soft chuckled while staring at the floor.

"What?!"

Still smiling, the guy faced Yunna and caresses her cheek.

"You said it..You said you'd take responsibility and look after me, didn't you?

Grabbing her arm, he pulled her out from the bathtub and left the bathroom.
Yunna put on one of the hotel's bathrobes after drying her hair and body with a bath towel.

"Sign here.."

As he said that, he took out a crumpled piece of paper.

"What is this?"

Yunna read the paper and almost choked to her death.

'Mariage Registration Form"

"Wait, a marriage registration form?!"

"It isn't it obvious?" he glared.

"Why in the earth do i need to sign this....?"

"You don't want me to die, do you? Think of it this way, you're marrying me to keep me from dying."

"Marrying you?! S-sorry, but i just can't."

"Why not?"

"What do you mean? Why do i have to marry you to save you?

"What? Are you trying to say that you wouldn't be satisfied with me?"

Yunna bit her lower lip slightly, not wanting to answer it and preferred to let all her thoughts running into her mind.
Like, 'I don't even know this guy', 'Is he some kind of mental illness patient?', 'The debt isn't yet settled and i'm already stuck with this kind of thing.'.

"Sign here, please?" He spoke softly, didn't wanna make thing hard.

"....You must be kidding me.."

"What makes you think I'm joking?"

"I don't even know you, so how should I know?"

"Y-you...don't know me?"

He startled and Yunna could see his expression changed, from a smile to a frown.

"I thought that something felt off.." he paused for few seconds and continued.

"You're treating me just like any normal guy."

Yunna stayed silent, did not know what to say. That guy acting like he's sort of famous celebrity but honestly, she did not have any idea who is him, since she's uninterested in any of entertainment world. She barely watch TV too.

"Actually, it should be on soon."

He glanced at the clock on the tv wall and the tv.

Suddenly, she realized what he was talking about. The guy standing in front of her was on the TV screen.

"Huh! You're on TV?!" She shrieked in terrified.

"I'm Kim Jongin. I'm an actor. You don't know me?"

"Kim Jongin..." 

Yunna vaguely recalled her co-workers talking about this guy. Apparently, he's really popular and a good actor.
She face-plamed, feeling embarrassed and quickly brushed off everything she thought earlier.

Somehow, Jongin felt funny and let out a small laugh,patting her head gently.

"So, what are you going to do?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Oh KRISUS! Take the responsibility, woman!"

"You're saying like i'm impregnated you! Responsibilty? I did nothing! All i did was trying to save you and now you're blaming me?!"

Yunna snapped, and stared him in disbelief.

Taking a deep breath, Jongin stared her and turned around to go out from the room.
Most likely, to trick her into believing that he's going to suicide.

Yunna quickly went to door and stopped him.

"W-wait..what do you want me to do?"

"Well, if you don't take the responsibility...we'll have to go through all this again." Jongin replied casually and smirked.

"You mean to say that if i don't marry you, you're seriously going to try to kill yourself again?"

"What did you think i was trying to say?"

"You shouldn't blackmail someone into marrying you. What kind of a basis for marriage is that?"

"If you marry, you should marry for your love..." she continued and whispered softly.

"Huh? Get real. We're not in the middle school anymore. I've never met anybody who really believes that can work."

"That's not true." Yunna despised.

"Reality is far different from what we see in movies and dramas. Most people marry out of convenience.
If you're hoping to fall in love with that perfect someone and then marry, then you're going to be very disappointed." 
Jongin sighed and shook his head.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"I'm 22."

"What were you doing on that bridge?"

"N-nothing special. I was just watching the river."

"Watching the river. Right. Just like i was?"

"I wasn't the one trying to kill myself!" She sneered.

"But i bet you thought about it little bit."

"W-why did you think that way?"

"Because nobody watches a river alone at that time of day! So, i know you have problems, too."

Yunna sighed. The atmosphere between them is getting awkward. Both of them keep silent for a moment.
Jongin settled himself on the couch and signed her to sit as well. She did.

"Did you get dumped? Was the guy you like taken? Did he cheat on you?"

"N-no.. It's not like that."

"Well then, if it's not a guy, then it must be money. Earlier you said that you don't have any money."

Yunna was suddenly at a loss for words. She couldn't say anything. She couldn't say yes nor deny it.

"You have to tell me now."

"...My father's business went down. We ended up owing a huge amount."

"How much is it?"

"...$800,000." She hesitantly answer. Yunna could feel her face is burning down from embarrassment. She couldn't believe that she was telling a stranger about her problem.

"That's quite a lot of money for ordinary people."

"Yeah.. I was thinking a lot of things, like how i might have to get a night job to pay back the money and before i realized it, i was on the bridge."

"I see. Seemed that fate brought us together."

"What?" She gasped.

"You've had a tough time, haven't you? Jung Yunna."

"H-how did you know my name?"

When Yunna looked up, she saw that Jongin had taken her driver's license out of her purse.

"Hey! What are you doing?"

"I have a great idea. If you marry me, i'll pay off all that you owe."

"what?"

"Now that it's beneficial to both of us."

"Wait a minute. What do you get out of this?"

"A marriage, of course. What do you think? If you sign this marriage's contract, i've got the money you need. Also, if I disappeared, as a superstar, my fans would be devastated."

"What do you mean by 'disappear'?

"After you leave, if i die in this hotel...you might be suspected of murder. Did some female stalker kill the superstar Kim Jongin?"

He smirked, giving a bad vibration to Yunna. She trembled looking at him. Annoying enough.

"It will be all over the newspapers." He continued teasing, whisperinf in a low voice, that made Yunna thinks somehow it sounded even threatening.

"No way! I'm not even your fan!"

As soon as Yunna tried to argue back, Jongin grabbed her arms and pulled her into an embrace. Yunna eyes glued to the TV where she can saw him in the drama.
He looks the same as the guy on the TV but this guy in front of her looks more serious. 
She tried to resist the hug but she couldn't even move. Jongin held her quite tight that she gave up resisting and relaxed her arms.

"That''s good. Now you're begin to understand."

"Why are you doing this to me?" Yunna voice was about to crack. She would burst into tears anytime soon but she held it.

"Why not? We're in a hotel after all. You came here with me so don't act like you didn't know what was happening and what is going to happen."

"You forced me to--"

Jongin cut off her words by pressing his lips against her and pulled away after few seconds, tightening the hug.

"...are you going to leave me?" He whispered.

"That's not what i meant..."

Jongin looked sad. His lips met Yunna's, over and over as if desperately seeking for a help.

"Yunna-ah..."

Hearing him calling her name felt like daggers sinking into Yunna's heart.

"Mr.Kim..p-please...."

"Just call me Jongin. We're gonna get married, after all."

"..."

Jongin her hand and his soft lips slowly work down her neck.

Yunna gasped and hissed. She knew this is not good. But she just couldn't get that sad look he gave to her just now out of her head.

"Mr. Kim..." She whispered and struggled.

"Call me Jongin. I will take care of all your problems. In exchange, you become mine."

Yunna looked down. She knew that it's wrong but she can't resist.
It's not the money that matters. If she push him away, he might try to kill himself again. 

"Jongin-ah..." She closed her eyes tightly.

 

--

 

"Ah, where am i?" She mumbled and turned around, just to see Jongin in his tuxedo.

She gasped as she noticed she's already in a wedding dress.

"That's right. Jongin asked me to marry him. So that means...I had to marry him already?!"

She shook her head in disbelief and realized that she was just dreaming.
They are still in the same hotel they stayed last night.

"So..i was dreaming.." She sighed in relief and palmed her face.

"That really scared me.."

But did all that stuff yesterday really happen? She thought.

When she drag herself out of the bed, she didn't see Jongin nor hear the sound of the shower, either.
She took a brief shower and got changed, thinking that she should head home.

"Damn it! I had to pay for the hotel!" She cursed and sighs heavily.

"Even something small like a hotel room charge feels like a lot when you're in debt."

She opened up her handbag and ended up realizing that her driver's license and credit cards were all gone.
She sighed even heavier this time.

"If i got caught up in a scam when i'm already in this much debt..it's like after falling, the ladder fall on you."

All Yunna could do was gazing dumbly around the room, looking hoping that she just dropped them. Instead, she foundna note on the table.

'I took your driver's license and credit cards. I'll give them back to you when you sign the marriage registration form.

010-xxxx-xxxx - Jongin '

"Are you kidding?!"

She was half-shouting as soon as she read the note.
She then hurriedly pull out her phone and call the number on the note.

"Did you just wake up?"

"G-give me back my driver's license and credit cards!"

"Of course i'll give them back. But for now, i'll just hold onto them as a little insurance so you won't just run off. 
I'm still working, so come to the office later. I'll give them back to you."

"Oh, don't forget to bring the marriage registration form-- SIGNED!

Jongin hung up on her.

Yunna stared into her purse, knowing that she only had $50 as a cash.

"That should be enough to get to his office. I guess."

She sighed. Again.

She just have to get her driver's license and credit cards back as soon as possible, otherwise she can't pay for anything.

--