Chapter 1

Behind Closed Doors

 

 

I go by the name Byun Baekhyun. I'm the only child in my family and lived with my parents. Yeah, it feels good to be the only child but its not good to have my parents fighting over a small matter. 

All the things around me started to change when we moved into a new house which was located at the end of the road in a countryside, far away from the city.

And I'll tell you what really happened from when I was there.

From the first, to the end.

 

 

 

It's really hard for me to say goodbye to my friends here in old school. Today was my last day here at my old home, my old school.

We all gathered at the school garden as our last meeting. I mean, last meeting with me. More like a farewell party but without balloons, confetti nor cakes.

Chanyeol, my best buddy, arrived first with a sad smile on his face. Then there goes Kris, Kai, Sehun, Tao, Chen, Lay, Suho, Luhan, Xiumin, and D.O was the last one to show up. All of us reminded and told each other about how the first time we met and the day, EXO, was formed.

Yada yada and the school bell rang, showing that school is over. I put on a fake smile and bid my goodbye to my friends after comforting D.O who was crying since recess started.

Before I took another step to leave, someone pulled me back but he instantly caught me to prevent me from falling. I turned my head towards the tall figure, to see it was...

"Oh Chanyeol-ah" I stared into his eyes.

"Uhh Baek. I got something for you" The tall giant gave me a small parcel that was nicely wrapped.

I took it as I smiled shyly at him.

"I uhh.. I..." I stuttered a bit but thank goodness I got over it "Thank you"

"You are most welcome" Chanyeol grinned sheepishly.

"So..." He continued "I bet I'm going to miss you.... like a lot" he smiled as he looked down, trying to hide his red face.

I chuckled as I hold the parcel tight "Me too, Chanyeol. Me too..."

"I guess, this is the end?" Chanyeol smiled sadly as he lifted his face to look at me.

I chuckled once again before hitting his arm lightly, causing him to winced.

"Of course not. We'll meet again soon.... Maybe" I gave him the sweetest eyesmile ever.

This may be the last time seeing him. Seeing him smiling like this. So I tried to give my best when talking to him.

Just then, we both heard Kris' dragon's voice, calling for Chanyeol from across the street.

"Hey Chanyeol ! What are you doing ?! Let's go. The bus is waiting !" Kris gestured Chanyeol to come quickly, like the swag leader style.

"You should go now. Don't want to miss your bus ! Haha..." I assured him.

"Yeah ! I should. I'll see you around Baekhyun ! Don't forget about us, EXO ! Especially me" He wiggled his eyebrows and ruffled my hair, as he ran across the road to catch the bus.

My cheeks felt warm all of sudden as I touched them to give warmth to my cold hands. I smiled at my own ridiculous thought.

But then I was shaken by the voice of D.O who said goodbye to me. Eyes all red and puffy. I smiled as I walked towards him and gave him my last hug.

"Take care Kyungsoo. I'm gonna miss you" I rubbed his back as D.O started to cry again. 

"You'll come back here right?"

"Maybe I will. Just one day. I will. And we'll be back together again" I smiled. My eyes started to tear up.

"I'll keep your words" He then left with his last words. I nodded and waved at him.

I said goodbye to Suho and Lay before running back home.

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

I was welcomed home by the noise of my parents arguing. But I'm already used to it. 

My mother actually got re-married with an unknown guy whom she knew at her working place.

We all lived peacefully for a few years until my stepfather was involved in gambling. He kept asking my mother for money. And he even sold our old house for money! That is why we had to move. Damn that's just.... ugh. Frustrating. Just to let you know, I'm not scared of my stepfather. Never !

 

°°°°°