Chapter 1

Caramel Macchiato
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Harro! To the readers who felt like you've read this before, well here I am again, desperately trying to finish s that I should have done yeaars ago. Pure word vomit I'm warning you! It probably won't be any better from before because, man have I lost the touch to writing. Bear with me ayy babes. 

 

Byun Baekhyun first met Park Chanyeol at his workplace.

It was love at first sight he could say. 

"I think I'm in love.."

 

♦♦

Day 1: Park Chanyeol meets Byun Dumbi

 

 

Baekhyun could feel it. Heck, he was even sure he could smell something spicy practically oozing out of the other man standing perfectly rigid a few inches away from him. The hot breathe breathing down his neck, the impending doom that began to loom over his entire 1.74m being. There was no time to check the time, or even realise that he had worn his fluffy pink slippers in a rush instead of his sneakers; together with his birdnest of a hair, well, Baekhyun could only pray.

"Late and improper, huh. Good to see that you're very prepared for work, Byun." 

"...Morning to you too Soo..?" A lopsided smile. 

Baekhyun, at that point, was sure he had, not only ed up once in the presence of Do Kyungsoo but twice! Oh, what joy! If only Kyungsoo would spare him a few minutes to pen down his final wishes to his parents - I really love you mom, dad, but please take care of my cactus which actually is on the verge of death and bury me in satin, if you ever find my body somewhere in Korea - and also to a few others whom he owes a huge sum of mo —

— " Byun. Baekhyun." 

Just as his life flashes through his eyes with no time to pray, a random thought runs wild in his mind:

 

 

 

Was anger supposed to smell spicy? 

♦♦

 

Do Kyungsoo is angry. 

Do Kyungsoo is not only angry but livid. If he had known that being the supervisor for Moonlight cafe includes having to deal with brainless brunettes, hangovers, a 19-year-old ignorant boyfriend and a soccer-obsessed boss, he wouldn't have applied for the job three damned years ago. The brunette currently kneeling in front of him is probably the number one reason why Kyungsoo began to loathe the word "tardiness". This damned oaf probably deserved to rot in the lowest pits of hell because nuh uh, Kyungsoo does not accept tardiness in this management. 

Arms crossed and giving the whimpering brunette the stink eye, Kyungsoo opened his mouth — 

 

 

 

 

"Aaaaaaand uploaded! Hah! Hyung! Your picture is on Instagram now!" 

"LIES."

"Yes, I am." 

 

 

 

 

— and he closes it back slowly, pressing both plump lips into a straight line. 

Turning his attention to the right, Kyungsoo stared blankly at the teen. Chocolate crumbs disgustingly flew out of the latter's mouth due to his boisterous laughter, iPhone in one hand, fork in the other, and he leaned dangerously far back on the stool; teeny little more and down he goes, like a rotten coconut falling down the tree. 

"Jongin."

"Sorry." Came the instant reply. Jongin placed his phone down on the table and opted to continue stuffing his face with the delicious chocolate biscuit cake that had freshly come out of the oven a few minutes ago while watching Baekhyun and Kyungsoo in amusement. Oh, how he loved the drama that consistently happens in the cafe. "You can proceed now sweetheart." He gestured with his free hand, and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. 

Facing the nearly-forgotten brunette, Kyungsoo began his lecture once more.

 

 

 

 

"You are —"

 

 

 

 

"GOAL!"

 

Kyungsoo's mouth pressed into a thin line once more. Frustrated, he threw down his cleaning rag to the floor. "I have a boss who literally lives in the cafe and worships soccer to the core and only helps out below when there is no soccer match—" He paused, raising his head to look at the 19-year-old child his chocolate covered fork happily like a little kid. He made eye contact with Kyungsoo and grinned before digging right back into the delicacy on the table. Kyungsoo continued, "—and a useless boyfriend who does nothing but eat."

"Hey I heard that!"

"It was meant for you to hear Jong." 

"Aww come on Kyungsoo at least I do other stuff!" 

"...Define other stuff."

"Uhh....Showering you with affection?" 

Kyungsoo deadpanned. Jongin pulled a face and started to grumble at how he personally dislike it when Kyungsoo gave him that stare and jabbed his cake violently with the fork. 

At that moment, Baekhyun decided that his knees were beginning to hurt and, giving the supervisor a peek, he straightened up slightly and began to shift away from the seething midget (God he should stop calling Soo a midget in his mind...just in case the latter could read minds). "Alright! Oh look it's time to open!" He exclaimed loudly and stood up, immediately running away, only to choke and splutter when Kyungsoo grabbed his collar. 

Fear was evident.

"C-come on Soo, I promise I won't be late anymore! I pinky promise! J-just spare me this t-time!" 

Kyungsoo clicked his tongue and shook his head. Ohhhh , Baekhyun knew this wasn't a good sign. " You said that the previous week. And the previous previous week. And every other time you came late. Nope not going to work this time."

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter