there is always another way..

There is always another way...
How was it that the night ended with you wishing you could turn back time again, and him stained red in a mess made of glass and gravel. For it was only an hour ago when you were just a normal couple celebrating Christmas day together on the busy streets of Seoul, enjoying the food stands that filled the air with the warm aroma of  freshly cooked Korean dishes such as gimbap, tteokbokki and sundae. And the magnificent Christmas tree that stood proudly at 10feet in the city centre decorated with a wide wardrobe of ornaments and lights, everything gave off the warm feeling of Christmas. A total contrast to the occasional dark empty side street, where all you could see was the layer of snow that blanketed the cold cement ground. 
 
As you came up to a crossing, your boyfriend, Kai, unlaced your fingers as the pedestrian light turned green and challenged you to see who could walk faster across the road. You accepted after reciting your favourite quote ‘there is always another way’ and though Kai found it strange he simply dismissed it. It was a childish game that would cost him his life, except you thought otherwise as you pushed him out of the way only to have the force of the speeding car crush you on impact. Not even the charismas carols that were being sung blocked out the sound of you lifeless body hitting the ground, he just looked at you still in shock until he finally got a grasp of the situation and ran over to you, screaming in agony as he realised you were no longer alive. your pale skin was stained red, there was gravel and glass mixed throughout your shoulder length black hair, your slim, short figure distorted and broken and your usually large, brown eyes looked empty and lifeless. A person nearby had stated he called an ambulance but they all knew just by looking at you it was far too late for the poor girl. As the people around Kai started to disperse he was left there to just watch you hoping for a miracle to happen, but as he gazed over your body he noticed something was in your hand. He hesitantly pried open your hand and discovered a golden pocket watch which was surprisingly still ticking.
 
He started to think of where you got it because as far as he knew he hadn’t bought anything of the sort for you. Then he started getting outrageous and very hopeful ideas like being able to turn back time, which led him to actually trying by turning the hands of the pocket watch anticlockwise to 15 minutes ago. Nothing happened. He must have been an idiot to think something would, that was until he heard a voice scream his name, your voice “Kai!” he immediately looked up only to realise you were standing right in front of him but not for long as he was soon forced into a car windscreen. A loud shriek could be hear as the glass shattered against his bodies impact, he was however still breathing but he knew he would only have enough breaths left to tell you he knew. He knew that the reason you had the pocket watch was because it was fates planning for him to die that night but you had tried to change it by using the watch to turn back time, he only discovered this by reading the inscription on the back of the pocket watch “a life for a life”. Kai knew he couldn’t live without you, and that either way one of you was going to be served fates plan and he wouldn’t let it be you, for it was originally his fate.
 
You walked over to him weeping and mumbling things such as “idiot” and “I could have saved you” but Kai just smiled knowing you was prepared to give up her life for him. You knelt down beside his tall, lean figure that was mangled and sprawled over the front windscreen of the car his ashy brown hair a mess of glass and blood. He whispered “I know…..what you did for me, but” he started coughing, your face washed over with worry and concern but it was all useless, for he could feel the blood depleting as it leaked out of his wounded body. He continued none the less “but this is fates plan, not only is this the other way, this is the only way” you started crying more and as he finally closed his eyes and the tiny movements of his chest moving up and down had ceased, and he had taken his last breath to say the three words he sincerely wanted her to know “I love you”.