The Truth Behind the Fox Emblem - Part II

How Far Until Footprints Vanish - Undergoing Revision and Finalization

The Truth Behind the Fox Emblem - Part II

*

           Remembering he had placed the fox emblem on the coffee table, Chansung reached over and picked it up. “Now I know why Min-Jun hangs this in his window.”

           Wooyoung nodded.

           "Can you still teleport and create illusions?"

           Wooyoung paused, but then he shrugged. "Well...it's different now. At one time they were illusions, but it would be more accurate to call them distortions now. I couldn't control them very well when I was a child, but they get me out of some pretty tight spots. I would use illusions to escape from my bullies." Wooyoung swallowed hard and closed his eyes. "After...a particular incident that I do not want to talk about, I couldn't really use them. It's physically draining to try and conjure illusions, but distortions are less taxing on me. Min-Jun says I shouldn't feel like that at all. I can only teleport short distances."

           Suddenly, Wooyoung vanished. His gaze snapped to the kitchen where Wooyoung held up a mug, and then he was before him again in less than a second.

           Chuckling, he leaned against the couch. "I bet you wish you could teleport everywhere instead of take the car, train or whatever."

           Wooyoung groaned, "you have no idea."

           Chansung thought back to all of the times Wooyoung mysteriously vanished or appeared out of thin air. "I can only imagine what would've happened to you...for you to lose the ability to create illusions freely."

           The troubled look on Wooyoung's face was more than enough reason to not press further. It was likely very painful. Something harmed Wooyoung's spirit to such a level, he could no longer use one of his innate abilities.

           "You're still capable of something amazing though. It's awesome enough that my nose can't catch you and you surprise me."

           Wooyoung grinned. "One day I won't be able to I guess."

           Not being able to resist smiling, Chansung shrugged. "I promise it'll take a while." He said. "When we were at the realm pool were you able to use your abilities?"

           Wooyoung sighed and set down his mug, "no, I was exhausted by that point I mean, I was only four, and my mother never really had time to teach me." Wooyoung collapsed into him, “From what I remember, you had told me to run but it was too late. I just remember being caught and I was in a bag of some kind. You wouldn’t tell them where my mom went and kept asking for them to hand me over. When they realised you weren’t going to cooperate that's when they started to get angry. They got into a fight because you were a Hwang and that you weren't supposed to be harmed. I remember them saying something about a ransom. I think it was around then that Taecyeon showed up. In the confusion, somehow you had got a hold of me because the next thing I knew I was moving somewhere. You opened the bag and hid me in a tree. You said, 'I promise someone will come and find you, but you have to stay hidden, okay?' I was terrified, I remember saying something like, 'please come back for me'." He laughed softly, sadly. "You said, 'I promise I'll come back for you.' You ran away, carrying the bag, making them think you still had me. I stayed so quiet, so still. I wanted to run after you but I was scared. Taecyeon has told me even his memories of that day are spotty.”

           “How long were you in the tree?”

           Wooyoung shrugged, “I waited until it was quiet and then I made my way back to the Realm pool. I remember circling it for hours, wondering if my mom was going to come back.” He seemed exhausted now. “I went back to the tree. I was waiting for you and my mom, I just..." He gripped his hair. "I felt so alone. The nights were so cold. After a few days, Taecyeon came back, and that's when I first met him. I was terrified. He was an alpha and a red eye, but I remembered his scent. I just didn't know if he was good or a Catcher. The only reason I went with him is because he smelled like you. Min-Jun told me later I nearly froze to death. They brought me to see Teri and then...I guess they didn’t know what to do with me.”

           “With all the chaos that happened with Yong-Sun and your father, it doesn’t surprise me that they brought me to the shelter. They didn't know what me and my mom had experienced. I stopped showing my hybrid because my mom taught me that's what I was supposed to do around strangers and within cities. Rosabelle was really kind then, and I liked Hulda. Other children didn’t like me though because I wouldn’t show my hybrid.” Chansung smoothed his hand up and down Wooyoung’s back. “Things began to blur in my mind at the shelter. Even now I don’t remember much. I just knew I didn’t want to eat anything because kids told me I didn’t deserve food since I didn’t have parents. They picked on me all the time.”

           “Oh Wooyoung…” Chansung soothed and kissed down his face. “There’s so much I want to know about you.” He said and smiled. “I want to hear everything, but whenever you’re ready and however you want to tell me.” Chansung rested his hands on Wooyoung’s face. "I know you probably don't want to remember, but I..." He took a deep breath. "I hope one day you feel like telling me. Or if never, that's okay, too. Sometimes it's better to not remember."

           Wooyoung smiled so tenderly upon him, Chansung felt a clench in his chest. "Speaking of memories, I do think you regaining yours...is something to do."

           Chansung's mind went back to the realm pool. "The day...Fei came with the letter from the Department of Justice, which I realise has caused this whole fiasco, the day I needed some space, remember?"

           "Yes," Wooyoung grumbled and nodded.

           "When I was in the woods I saw something, and I followed it." He said. 

           "You would do that. After everything that happened with the Catchers too. See why I worry about you?" Wooyoung sighed as he ran his thumb across Chansung's cheek.

           Not being able to help smiling, Chansung nodded but continued. "The further I followed, the more I realised it was exactly like my dream. The trees, the snow, everything, all that was missing was the trail of footprints. It led me there...to the Realm pool."

           Wooyoung's eyes blazed silver and he gripped Chansung's hand. "Please tell me you didn't go near it."

           "No," Chansung said quickly and shook his head. "A white fox stopped me. The day we went to the shrine, I'm sure she's the same one that I saw at the festival. She told me I couldn't go there without you and a jewel charm, and that it wasn't time yet. I'm assuming she meant you when she said the 'silver one'."

           Wooyoung looked troubled and then he was smiling gently. "Conniving spirits..." He said after a while.

           "I take it you already knew about this?"

           "No, well, that's not entirely true. The spirits will convey anger when something displeases them." Wooyoung answered. "There are days when the one at the Realm pool deep in the woods gets into these moods remembering how things went down and gets really mad. They don't like visitors."

           "Well, hopefully they won't be too displeased with us when we get back. I won't get my hopes up, but it wasn't only my memories that were taken..." Chansung admitted.

           Wooyoung saddened some. "What else?"

           Sighing deeply, Chansung cupped his face. "My other hybrid..."

           Wooyoung shut his eyes and rested his forehead against his. "What you share with your mother..."

           "Yes," Chansung murmured. "I know it isn't entirely gone. I thought perhaps a part of me was just sleeping, y'know? My eyes went silver...the," he cleared his throat, "the night I went into heat." 

           Wooyoung blushed.

           "In a way, I still feel like they're both here," he pressed against his chest, "the other is just dormant."

           Wooyoung smiled as he rested his hand over the one on Chansung's chest. "It seems we have a very important spirit to visit when we return to Fortune, and this time we will be together. I'm not letting any further harm or memory stealing or hybrid sealing or anything else happen."

           "Speaking of the charm, I found a clue in the book that Min-Jun gave me." Chansung said as he went and retrieved the book from his bag. He took a deep breath. It was still all surreal. Even more so when he made his way out and saw Wooyoung's ears. "When I was first going through it I saw the illustration of a charm, but I couldn't place it at the time. The fox spirit also said I would need to bring a charm. After..." He blushed, "after the Heat fiasco, I was looking through the book again and it triggered a memory. I've seen the charm...with my mother."

           Wooyoung's eyes widened, "the fox charm?"

           Chansung nodded, "yes."

           "But, is she a red eye?"

           Chansung shrugged, "I've never seen her second hybrid."

           Wooyoung growled, "So it's possible?"

           Chansung went tense but he nodded, "yes."

           Wooyoung looked even more distraught, "so...it's possible that she was the one...who basically orchestrated all of this?"

           "I think that Salvatore Porta and the fox researchers gave her a way to give her what she wanted." Chansung said with a small tremble in his voice. "I don't think she did this all alone, but she clearly wanted something to happen. She's been...losing her composure, losing her wits. Fei has begun to notice things too, so, more painful truths are coming I suppose."

           Wooyoung held him tighter, "indeed..."

           Chansung exhaled deeply and held Wooyoung closer to him. “I’m sorry I don’t remember, but...I’m so happy that even after all this time, you remember me. Not only that but you feel the same way. I'm happy I finally found you.”

           Wooyoung slowly smiled. “Trust me when I say I didn’t want to fall for you. I really tried not to, and failed miserably.”

           Chansung pouted at that.

           “I’m happy...because even though you don’t remember, you still came back. You kept your promise." He said with a serene smile. "Against all the odds, you're here with me. You never pushed me but it was just having you here with me, made me realise...”

           Chansung brushed his thumb over his cheek and their noses came together.

           “I had still been waiting for you, and I was really lonely...”

           Hugging him tightly, Wooyoung returned his embrace just as hard. “I hope you don’t feel that way anymore.”

           “Silly...of course I don’t.” Wooyoung was so very warm, not just in the physical sense, but in everything. “That damn fox spirit better not be messing around, and your mother better not cause anymore trouble.” He murmured and their lips touched briefly. “Chansung...I’m really tired.”

           He nodded and rubbed his back. “Why don’t you let your fox out then? You’ve been hiding it for so long...I’m surprised you haven’t collapsed from exhaustion yet.”

           “That and the residual effects of Heat." They both blushed deeply. "It’s why...it’s one of the reasons I was late to the train. I couldn’t turn back.”

           Chansung felt so sad by that. “That’s really serious, Wooyoung. You need to change, you need to-”

           “But...” Wooyoung trailed off and looked even more flushed than before.

           “At least tonight,” he bargained.

           Well, he really wanted him to stay like this for a bit; Wooyoung with those ears and that tail?

           “Ugh!” He lay back and covered his eyes. “You’re so cute...”

           “Chan...” He whined. His hands smoothed under his shirt, along his bare skin, to his chest.

           “W-What?” He muttered and peeked up at him.

           It was like he was sparkling!

           “This is so unfair...” He cried and gripped his hair.

           Wooyoung touching him while looking like that was absolutely unfair.

           “What?” Wooyoung chuckled. “Wanna touch my ears?” He asked as he raised Chansung's hand to one of them. “I guess you already have though, right?” He his lips, “or, do you wanna touch my tail?”

           “Oh...” Feeling the cool tickle against his stomach, he couldn’t help but whimper. A purr was rising in his chest.

           “I know that look.”

           Opening his eyes he covered his mouth.

           That grin, that lovely, knowing grin was plastered to Wooyoung’s face and his eyes were bright and so very beautiful. He was brushing his hand along his tail.

           Heart racing, hammering in his chest as Wooyoung took his hand and rested it on the silken fur, Chansung also succumbed to a very passionate and slow kiss. He was so overloaded with sensations and information. He had found who he had been looking for – not only that, he’d been sleeping next to him for nearly three months!

           Staring eye-to-eye, gold to silver, Chansung cupped the back of his neck and kissed him over and over. It was something he didn’t think he’d ever grow tired of, especially with those sounds Wooyoung made.

           Brushing their noses together, eyes closed, he inhaled deeply. “Wooyoung...”

           “Yes?”

           “Thank you...for trusting me.”

           Seeing that beautiful blush and the emotions race over his face, Wooyoung broke a smile and rested against him completely. “You really...I honestly don’t know how you just accept it like it’s normal.”

           Chansung shrugged, “it doesn’t change who you are, who I’ve seen. You’re Wooyoung.” He rubbed their noses together again. “Fox or not, I would have stayed with you.” He said confidently. “I know what it’s like to be by yourself, constantly wanting but you’re not sure what it is exactly. I can’t explain it...the first night I was in Fortune, I knew there was something about you and Min-Jun that was familiar. But, Wooyoung, being able to stay with you and feel like my wants and what I was doing were acknowledged...that meant so much to me.” Wooyoung shared his smile. “So yes...to respond finally, I want to stay with you, and keep you if you’ll keep me.”

           “Told you already didn’t I?” He asked softly and his lips. “You’re definitely mine.”

           “Then, would you let me court you properly?” He blurted out.

           This roused a different scent from Wooyoung and he was blushing heavily. “Even with everything we’ve already done?”

           Chansung nodded, “yes. It doesn’t matter.”

           “Chansung, you’re so…” Wooyoung murmured but nodded. “You’ve already got me, but okay.”

           He couldn’t stop it even if he tried. Chansung gave into his leopard and shifted. He was also purring up a storm.

           “Yah! Chansung...” Wooyoung laughed. “And you call me cute.”

           Opening his eyes slowly, he stretched out his legs and shut his eyes.

           “Can’t talk when you’re purring huh?” Wooyoung shuffled up to his side and scratched under his chin. “Silly kit...”

           There was nowhere else he would rather be than right here. His leopard apparently did not want to go away. So, when his siblings returned with Yong-Sun and Min-Jun, they too changed into their big cat forms and snuggled up with him. He had no choice when he was asked by Wooyoung to help with supper.

           When they began winding down for the night, Chansung collapsed onto the couch.

           “Brother Wooyoung can you read us a story?”

           “Of course I can. Do you have a favourite one?” He asked as he walked down the hall with them.

           Min-Jun sat himself on the opposite couch. He looked more exhausted than before.

           “You okay?” Chansung asked.

           “Come sit with me.” Min-Jun beckoned.

           Rising up, Chansung settled himself beside Min-Jun.

           “You’re feeling better, right?”

           Realising that indeed Chansung did not feel the same as when they first arrived, he smiled. “Yes, I am.”

           “Good,” Min-Jun grinned. “So, did he tell you?” He asked as he brushed his fingers through Chansung’s hair.

           Chansung nodded, “yes.”

           Min-Jun smiled fondly at him. “There’s no pressure to be together, you know that right?”

           A little startled by Min-Jun’s words, he stared at him. “What do you mean?”

           “I don’t want you to feel like it was forced, that’s all.”

           He shook his head, “I don’t. You...you know better than anyone I fell for him a long time ago.”

           Min-Jun’s expression softened and he tugged Chansung close. “I do know. I know very well. I was just worried that you might think it wasn’t your choice.”

           “You know it’s my choice, Min-Jun, probably better than most. I came looking for my missing pieces, but I found new ones that fit even better.” He said, fumbling with his thoughts. “It’s not something I can really explain, but I know you understand.”

           “I do. For me, it was the fact you didn’t know who either of us were, but you stayed. I didn’t know if what I did was right the whole time you were with us, but my goodness, your persistence and drive really changed everything.” He said fondly. “Thank you for coming back into our lives. We both really needed you.”

           Chansung took a deep breath. “I...I got the surprise of my life today. I...” He could remember the weight of Wooyoung’s mother in his arms, the fear in her body. “I don’t remember much about that day, but I remember her. I...but what if she could have been saved. What if I hadn’t brought her there – would she still be alive-?”

           “No, no...” Min-Jun held his face firmly. “Don’t do that to yourself, Chansung; Mi-Yung...she already knew her fate, and I can’t imagine her feelings asking a cub to bring her to the Realm. Chansung, what happened to you that day...that’s not something easy to overcome. Your mother always thought that your real memories of your Significant were taken that day, meaning she believed it was someone else, someone other than Wooyoung. She probably believes a whole crap load of other things too.”

           Chansung sat back and shrugged. “They were taken. She got exactly what she wanted. But, when I told baba wolf about my dreams she told me it was because I’d already met my Significant, and nothing could come between those feelings.” Pausing, Chansung looked over him carefully. "Can I just...I have to ask you something?"

           The bear nodded.

           "Why did you bring Wooyoung to the Shelter?" He said without hesitation. It was burning him up inside. "You obviously knew Mi-Yung and him, so why?"

           Min-Jun sighed softly and closed his eyes. "Would you believe me if I said that still haunts me..?"

           "Yes."

           "Back then...the Shelter was different. I had...no capacity to take Wooyoung under my care. I couldn't look at him, all I could see...was Mi-Yung. After what happened with you, your father and Yong-Sun, I felt cursed. I didn't want anyone I cared about to be around me. I thought I would just lose them, that I would lose him." Tears rolled down Min-Jun's face.

           "You can say it was her..."

           "I can't blame her for everything, Chansung. Some decisions we make irrationally, thinking it's for the best, that the intention is good," Min-Jun's eyes were a heavy red, filled with sorrow. "I didn't want anything to do with that incident, and I punish myself for not doing things the way differently." He smiled bitterly. “You were insistent after you woke up in the hospital to find the little one in the woods. No one knew what you were talking about, but Taecyeon recalled something and went back out and sure enough he found him. He found Wooyoung. Poor thing was so scared, he nearly died out there. I do believe that you both have had very stressful lives. Everything that has happened since that day...seeing you here now, seeing Wooyoung and how he is...it’s like everything is back on track. Sometimes this weight of 'what if I hadn't succumbed to my fear, would things be different?' What if...I took you when you were that small little boy, who clung to me on the steps of his prison, asking me to take him away? Sometimes it's so heavy.”

           Chansung swallowed hard and gripped Min-Jun's hand.

           "What if I ran away with you and hid Mi-Yung and Wooyoung?" He whispered. "I couldn't ask Taecyeon to give up and sacrifice everything to be runaways. We would have been kidnappers. We're red eyes, they would have hunted us, tortured us; I had no power, Chansung."

           Nodding, Chansung let Min-Jun pull him into his arms. "I'm sorry-."

           "You have a right to ask me that question when you were so adamant to save him, despite having no memories of anything. You have a right, do you understand?"

           "Min-Jun, please don't carry this anymore." Chansung pleaded with him and rested his forehead against his. "We're alive, aren't we? Some would call this fate or destiny.”

           Min-Jun shrugged, “considering what our older beliefs say, and the principles of realms and the other side, you and Wooyoung are very lucky. You haven’t been fortunate, no, but you are very lucky.” Min-Jun hugged him tightly. “Whatever comes to pass between you and your mother or father, I want you to know you always have support from me, Chansung. I don’t want you to ever believe you’re alone. I consider you a part of our clan already – or whatever we are.”

           They both shared a chuckle, but Chansung’s was a little on the emotional side.

           “Hey, I've got a hell of a lot to make up for, y'know? After everything you and I have been through, did you think I wouldn’t accept you? That I would toss you out?”

           “I can’t help it...” He murmured softly and rubbed at his eyes. “I...I might have lost something back then, and I’ve had people try and make it so I couldn’t find what I was looking for...” He sniffled a little. “So...feeling like I have real support, that my siblings are happy and are okay with me, and that...I was able to meet you and Wooyoung – all that suffering was worth it.”

           “Oh Chansung...” Min-Jun hugged him tightly. “I’m sorry we didn’t – no, we both know why we waited. But...you are as much my cub as Wooyoung and Junho. You are so very important to me, Chan. With everything that has happened, you deserve happiness. You’re so humble and silly sometimes, and you have a heart of gold. Please...don’t ever change. Don’t ever believe that you cannot be yourself. Don’t ever believe you don’t have family here.”

           He nodded and hugged Min-Jun back just as tight. “M-Min-Jun...why did this all have to happen? What happened to my family? Why couldn’t they have been happy?”

           “There’s no answer I can give, Chansung, without adding more injury. Focus on what you do have, and the potential there still is. Even if your mother has chosen her position, I want you to wait until you have a proper chat with your father. I know your father loves you very much, but he also has to mend so many things. He really gave his all to try and establish hybrid rights. He sacrificed so much for so many people. It took me a long time to realise what he was fighting for so hard. But, most of all, please don’t forget your beautiful siblings and how much they need you. They will all need support. It may not feel like there is family there, but it is, it’s just going to be very different from here on out.” Min-Jun looked over him slowly. “Don’t take on too much like I know you do. Remember all the support and love you have all around you, okay?”

           He nodded and sat back.

           “Same goes for you, cub.”

           Seated by the couch, Wooyoung peeked out from behind the couch, with his adorable fox face. He had transformed completely.

           “No more running.”

           “I know...

           “Alright, go on, both of you. We have a big day tomorrow. Rest, don’t dwell on things for now and let’s take our time, yes?”

           Chansung smiled and hugged him once more, “thank you, Min-Jun.”

           “You’re very welcome. Now go on, no more hybrid dramafest tonight. We’re becoming notorious for that.” He said as he made his way down to the office. “Now the other one...”

           “Good luck!” Wooyoung teased.

           Chansung crouched before him and smiled. “I've gotta give it to you, there is no way I would've guessed it was you that night.”

           Those playful silver eyes rolled.

           “Oh come on...and you didn’t even try and talk to me.”

           “You would have figured it out if I did.”

           Chansung offered to pick him up but Wooyoung turned tail and raced down the hall. Moving quickly, he managed to scoop Wooyoung up and hug him close. “Despite you teasing me about my cuddling habit, I think you like it just as much, Wooyoung.”

           The whimper! Spirits, the whimper was so cute and his tail wagged.

           “In fact,” he continued, trying not to become too excited, “I think you like it even more.”

           Wooyoung stretched out completely in his arms and snorted. “Fine, I do. Nothing you can do about it now.” He leapt down onto the bed and curled up.

           It still barely felt real. Chansung still couldn’t wrap his head around the fact that there was a fox lying there, and that the fox was Wooyoung.

           Coming to rest beside him, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He did it. Against all the odds, he did it. He had left everything behind for this, and people didn’t believe he could do it. Turning his head slightly, looking over Wooyoung’s form, curled up and content on his stomach, his eyes began to burn. He’d been wanting this for so long, for the dreams and the memories to make sense, and now he didn’t know how to handle it. What if he woke up and this was all a dream?

           “Kit..?”

           He couldn’t hold them back, the tears or the cries of both pain and desperation.

           “Chansung, look at me.”

           Trying desperately to stop crying, he did so slowly.

           “Sorry, I kinda can’t make my ears or whiskers go away.”

           Chansung couldn’t help but laugh. “You should just stay as a fox then. You need to.”

           Wooyoung brought them under the covers. “Maybe when you feel better.” He said and held him close.

           “I’m just...I’m scared but so relieved at the same time.” He said shakily and sat up. “I’m scared I’m going to wake up tomorrow and this is going to have just been a dream. I...” He gripped his legs tightly. “I thought I was crazy you know? People thought I was crazy and that all of this was absurd. Everyone kept this a secret from me - my parents most all!” He felt rage now and hugged himself tightly. “What was the point of making it so I wouldn’t remember you? Didn’t they know how much it hurt?”

           “I’m sure your father saw it. That’s why he’s been working so hard to get the bills passed. They may come in too late for him, but it isn’t too late for us.”

           “I just think it’s unfair that you’ve had to live with the memory of what happened. I...I want to remember, I want to remember you and what happened, Wooyoung. I feel like...” He was breathing faster now and it was building up. “What...would have happened if things went differently? I wouldn't have to see Min-Jun suffer like that, or that you wouldn't have been so hurt-”

           “It'll hurt more to think that way, Chansung. We can’t know.” Wooyoung soothed and rubbed his back. “I agree it wasn’t fair...but...” Chansung ducked his head under Wooyoung’s chin. “We survived. Everything that happened to us, tried to keep us apart, but you had the initiative. You had the courage I didn’t, and I do remember, at least some parts of it. I’m so grateful that I am able to remember, especially right now, even if it is somewhat painful.” He said softly. “I can honestly say that if it wasn’t for Aurora, I would have come to see you. And you know...if people weren’t hunting foxes to extinction. But what truly made me scared was I thought you might hate me.”

           Chansung sniffled and finally met his gaze. “Against all the odds, huh..?”

           Wooyoung nodded. “This is real, Chansung. I can bite you if you want.”

           Chuckling, he shook his head. “It’ll hit me at some point. Better expect a huge epiphany one of these days.”

           “Alright...” He yawned and shifted back immediately. "Please don't worry about Min-Jun. He and I have spoken about...the shelter and things like that. I was angry at him for a long time about it, but...but he was so hurt after the incident. He wouldn't have been able to care for me, and Taecyeon had to work so hard to repair his standing. I've seen...Min-Jun at some of his worst. I honestly admire him for overcoming his regrets, but I know he punishes himself, still. I think us coming together has really relieved him more than even us." Wooyoung rested his paw on Chansung's arm. "Somehow, against all the odds, they did what they could, and they raised me. It wasn't perfect, but we all needed each other. Let's think of it as the fate with the least damage...if we can."

           "I don't want to think about other possibilities where worse things have happened." Chansung slowly lay on his side and shut off the light.

           "Then it is best to not think about it."

           Wooyoung spun in circles until he curled up beside his chest, and Chansung couldn’t help but grin.

           “I knew you were a canid.”

           “Yes, I know you’re very good at figuring out hybrids, but I'm proud that even against a pro I was able to stay hidden.” Wooyoung huffed.

           Groaning, he pressed his face into his pillow.

           “I hope I get to see the other half of you. I wonder what you'd be like.”

           Chansung smiled. “Tease...”

           “Yes, I do love teasing you.”

           Blushing heavily he nibbled his bottom lip and smiled. “I’m sure that isn’t the only thing.”

           “No - go to sleep!

           Laughing, he ruffled Wooyoung’s fur, which made him nip at his fingers. Of course he scooped him up and snuggled him. He was a very fluffy and warm bundle of fur after all. Meeting no resistance, and Wooyoung curling up on his chest? Best feeling ever.

*

Next Chapter...Making Progress to the Capital