Falling Hard

Falling Hard

a/n: A fill for an prompt from exopromptmeme! Enjoy everyone~

 

The first time they meet, it’s purely by accident. It’s late at night, and Kris manages to make it on to one of the last buses leaving the university. There are only two other people on the bus with him: one person is a fair-skinned young man with light brown hair who is immersed in a notebook overflowing with loose papers. The other is a tall, gangly fellow university student who Kris suspected was rather drunk. Shrugging, Kris took a seat in the middle of the bus while the two other men sat closer to the front. He vaguely wondered if they knew each other.

Kris leaned his head against the back of his seat and allowed fatigue to overtake his body. He’d found himself working late nights at his professor’s lab more and more often, and the lack of sleep was starting to take a toll on his body. He reclined further into his chair and closed his eyes, patiently waiting for his stop to be called…

Until the sounds of the other two passenger’s conversation reached his ears.

Stop it!

A leery chuckle. “You know you want it.”

Kris looked up in time to see the fair-skinned boy being pinned to his seat. He was obviously struggling to get free, and Kris growled lowly in the back of his throat.

Still glowering, he got up from his seat and strode over to the pair, bodily yanking the drunken man off of the other. If the bus driver heard the sound of the body hitting the floor, she gave no indication that she had.

Kris glared venomously at the man on the ground. “Leave him alone. He’s telling you he’s not interested.” With that, Kris kicked the man away and sat next to the trembling student. He waited until the drunkard had picked himself off of the ground and shuffled away before putting his hand on the obviously still-terrified victim’s arm. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” The student shifted uneasily in his seat. “Thank you…”

“I’m Wu Kris.”

“Thank you Kris.” The guy smiled brightly at him, but when he offered his hand to shake, Kris noticed that his fingers were trembling. “I’m Kim Suho.”

Kris reached out and grasped his hand warmly. “It was no trouble.” He withdrew, and then caught a glimpse of what looked like a music staff on one of the papers in Suho’s notebook. “Music major?”

Suho looked taken aback, and then noticed the page that Kris was looking at. “No, I’m actually an acting major with a minor in singing.”

Kris whistled lowly. “An acting major? Here? You must be good.”

Suho blushed. “I don’t know. I still have a lot to learn.”

“You’re just being modest.” Kris reached over Suho’s head to tug on the cable to indicate his stop.

“Ah…we’re getting off on the same stop, then?”

“You live near the University Apartments?’

“Yeah, I live in the complex.” The bus lurched to a stop, and the two boys stood up to board off the bus. Suho looked back at the passenger who’d been harassing him, but Kris put a firm hand on his elbow and steered him out of the bus.

“Leave him. Let him take care of himself.” Kris frowned down at Suho, and Suho gulped as the shadows on his face deepened. “Don’t you know better?”

“S-sorry.”

Kris sighed and released Suho’s arm. “Well, get home safely, and…see you around I guess?”

Suho smiled gently at the other’s awkwardness. “Yeah, see you.”

They parted ways that night, not really expecting to meet again.

XXX

Suho winced when he caught a glimpse of an annoyingly familiar head of red hair. Oh dear god, please no…he began to walk faster in the hopes of getting out to the main street.

Unfortunately, luck was not on his side that day.

“Suho!”

Suho sighed, and then slowly turned around. “Luhan.”

“Suho!!” Luhan grabbed his wrist, but Suho flinched away from him.

Luhan’s eyes narrowed with annoyance, but it was gone within moments.

“What do you want, Luhan?”

“Are you busy today?”

“I am, sorry,” Suho said shortly, not sounding sorry at all.

“So busy that you can’t even spend a little time with me?”

“Luhan, I’ve tried to tell you so many times. You’re a nice guy and everything, but I’m not interested!”

Luhan frowned. “Why won’t you even give me a chance?’

Suho opened his mouth to respond, only to be cut off by the arrival of a third person.

“What do you want with my boyfriend?’

“Huh?” Suho stared blankly.

On the other hand, Luhan looked scandalized as a tall blonde man smoothly slipped an arm around Suho’s waist.

“Babe, is he bothering you?” Kris reached down to smooth a lock of hair away from Suho’s forehead.

“U-uh…no! No, he’s not,” Suho stuttered out, finally regaining some of his presence of mind.

“You didn’t tell me you were dating anyone…oh my god. I’m so sorry!” Luhan’s face burned with embarrassment. “I-I…I’m sorry, Suho.” With that, he turned around and ran away, red with mortification.

The moment Luhan was out of sight, Kris released Suho’s waist. “We really have to stop meeting like this.”

Suho chuckled. “Yeah…thanks for saving me again.”

“It was no trouble. Although, I honestly wonder how you’ve survived this long.”

“I can usually get away without too much trouble. Sometimes though, I have to work up the heart to turn someone down.”

“Luhan seemed pretty annoying.”

“Yeah, but he was so petulant…and I know that he’s a good guy and everything. I felt a bit bad turning him down.”

“If he’s so great, then why didn’t you say yes?”

Suho blinked, and then laughed. “Why do you care?”

Kris shrugged. “Just curious.”

“Well, it’s not really your business. I hope you don’t mind if I keep it a secret.”

“Be my guest. I apologize for being so forward.”

Suho smiled. “It’s fine.”

They stood awkwardly for a moment, until the bell for class rang, startling them from the moment.

“Oh my god! I’m sorry, I’ve got to go!” Kris took off running for the campus, leaving Suho standing alone.

Once Kris was out of sight, Suho still remained in place, his eyes distantly staring after the tall figure racing away from him.

“It’s because I’m waiting for someone else…”

XXX

Kris and Suho continued to bump into each other more and more often; Suho was surprised that they shared so many mutual friends, but didn’t see each other much.

Kris laughed at that. “It’s because I’m a science major. I spend my time cooped up in the lab all the time.”

Suho laughed at him. “Good thing I’m here then, to drag you out for your daily dose of sunshine.”

They were sharing breakfast in a small café; it had been a year since their first encounter, and by now they were good friends.

“Yeah. Thanks for this. You know have no idea how much I appreciate it.”

Suho’s heart beat a little faster at the smile on Kris’s face. “I’m glad that it’s serving its purpose then.” He took a sip of his hot chocolate and sighed in bliss at the creamy, delicious goodness.

He blinked in surprise when Kris reached out across the table and ran a thumb across his lips. “What?”

Kris didn’t take his grip off of his chin. “You had some chocolate there.”

“Oh. Thanks.” Suho shifted uncomfortably; he liked having Kris’s hand on his face, true, but he doubted that Kris felt the same way as he felt about the taller man.

Then, in a split second, Kris leaned across the table and pressed a soft kiss to Suho’s lips before drawing away. “Suho?”

“Y-yeah.” Oh my god. Oh my god. He kissed me! Suho squealed internally, but managed to keep a straight face.

“Will you be mine? I’ve wanted to hold you in my arms ever since that one time with Luhan, the second time we met…”

Suho bit his lip to stop himself from smiling too widely. “All that time, and you never said anything?”

“Well, I figured I should get to know you first.” Kris grinned and leaned back in his chair. “For all I knew, you could’ve been a completely different person.”

“Well, I’m not.”

“No, you’re not.” Kris gazed at him expectantly. “Well?”

“Yes!” Suho let himself smile now, and he felt as if his heart was beating out of his chest. “I’m yours. I’ve wanted to be yours ever since the first time you saved me.”

“So long, and you didn’t say anything?” Kris teased.

Suho pouted at him and kicked him from under the table. “Shut up!”

Kris just smiled at him. “I love you.”

Suho pursed his lips, and then looked down at the table before shyly whispering “I love you too.”

Fin

a/n: Wasn't that cute? Anyways I hoped everyone liked it, please comment and tell me how you thought i did! :)