Chapter 1

Nine Months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“What’s it like in America?”   “Excuse me?”I said feeling offended.   “Your last name is Mcknight, right? That’s American. Is it nice there?”He asked. I stared at him. Was he being a jerk on purpose? But his brown eyes said differently. They were filled with curiosity.   “I-I don’t know.”I said and looked away. “I’ve never been there.”   “Oh.”He said.   “My dad moved to Korea when he was nine. My mom was born in America.”I explained.   “I see. I’ve always wanted to go to America. It looks like a cool place.”He said. “I’m Hansol, by the way.” He stuck out his fingerless glove clad hand. I reached over and shook it.   “Hana.”I gave a polite smile.   “Hana.”He parroted. “I like it. It’s pretty.”   “Thanks?”I blushed.   “Is that your ride?”He said. My mom’s car pulled up.   “Yeah. Are you going to be okay by yourself?”I asked as I grabbed my bag.   “Yeah. I rode my bike to school. I just didn’t want you to be waiting alone.”He said standing up.   “Wow...Um thanks.”I said. “That’s really nice of you.”   “No biggie. See you around Hana McKnight.”Hansol said.   “Bye, Hansol....”   “Hansol.”I nodded.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter