100 Days Anniversary (Myungsoo ver.)

100 Days Anniversary (Myungsoo ver.)

-Monday, 3:15PM-
"Are you sure you can't get time off?" asked Myungsoo. He was asking his girlfriend if there was some way the two of them could get together on Thursday for their anniversary.
"I'm sure. I asked, but we're swamped. We can always celebrate on Saturday," she suggested.
"I guess we'll have to. I miss you." said Myungsoo with a smile, although she couldn't see it.
"I miss you too, Myungsoo. Talk to you later."
 She hung up the phone and picked it up once again. Dialing the number scribbled on her planner, she called the restaurant to confirm her reservation.
"Yes, that's right, six o'clock on Thursday evening. Yes, a table for two. Okay, thank you!" She hung up the phone once more and stared at her desk. Now all that was left was to make sure her plan succeeded.
Please don't let me down, Sungyeol, she thought, I'm counting on you!
trans.gif
---

"Myungsoo-ah," called Sungyeol from the other room. He had heard Myungsoo get off the phone with his girlfriend, so now was the time to act.
"Ne, hyung?" Myungsoo walked in to the room slowly, scratching the corner of his eye.
"Are you busy Thursday? I need your help with something."
"What is it?" asked Myungsoo. He sighed, thinking about what Thursday meant to him.
"I need to bring some things over to my umma's, but it's too much for me to carry alone. Plus, she wants to see you."
"Okay, sure." He waved as he left to the kitchen. He was thinking about surprising his girlfriend at work on Thursday, but he didn't want to disrupt her or get her in trouble with her boss. Sending a bouquet wasn't enough, though.
Oh well, it'll be nice seeing Sungyeol's mother again...

-Thursday, 5:00PM-
"Are you ready, Myungsoo?" called Sungyeol from the front door. He had two big bags in his arms, and he didn't want to hold on to them any longer. Myungsoo appeared from his room and shuffled over to the door to put on his shoes. Taking one of the bags from Sungyeol, he groaned.
"What are in these things? They weigh a ton," he began to peek inside, but Sungyeol immediately stopped him.
"Don't open it! They're pork cutlets, my umma wanted me to buy them in bulk. If you open them, they'll go bad." He spoke quickly, trying to distract Myungsoo as much as possible. Myungsoo gave him a strange look and shook his head.
"We'll be back later!" called Sungyeol to Sunggyu.
"Yah, don't be out too late," Sunggyu responded from somewhere in the dorm.
The two of them made their way toward the bus stop. It had been a long time since they'd ridden on public transportation, so it took a while to figure out how to get back to Sungyeol's house. After many stops later, they got off at what Sungyeol claimed to be a 'shortcut'.
"Hyung, this better not be another delusion. I know you're bad with directions."
"Yah! Don't say that. Don't you trust me?"
"Whatever. I just don't want to carry these pork cutlets much longer."

The two of them walked down the street without a word, both preoccupied by the weight of the bags. "Wait, there's one more stop I have to make before we go, it's just down the street."
"Hyung~" whined Myungsoo. Sungyeol always had these spontaneous plans, and he wasn't quite sure he wanted to be a part of them.
They had stopped in front of a florist's, and Sungyeol set down his bag. He pulled out his card from his pocket and asked Myungsoo, "Hey, what kind of flowers does your girlfriend like?"
"I don't know, roses, maybe?" answered Myungsoo. The last thing he wanted to think about was the fact that he couldn't see his girlfriend today, on their anniversary of all days. Sungyeol lightly slapped his shoulder.
"Ehh, what kind of guy doesn't know his own girlfriend's favorite flowers?" he muttered under his breath.
"Why are you asking?" asked Myungsoo, a little annoyed.
"I want to get flowers for my mother, so I thought she'd like what your girlfriend likes."
"What? That's weird, hyung."
"No it's not." Sungyeol disappeared into the flower shop, leaving Myungsoo stranded on the sidewalk with two heavy bags. No sooner had he left, Sungyeol came back with a beautiful bouquet of pink roses.
"Ready?" he asked, handing Myungsoo the bouquet.
"Yah, why do I have to carry this?"
"Quit complaining, let's go."

The two of them arrived in front of a restaurant and Sungyeol stopped in his tracks.
"Hyung, why are you-" Myungsoo's sentence cut short as he looked through the window. Standing there with a big smile on her face was his girlfriend. She was wearing a beautiful dress and her hair was up in an elegant twist. "Wha..." Myungsoo dropped his bag and stared at her, and Sungyeol shook his head.
The girl came out and gave Myungsoo a hug, his mouth still agape. He managed to blurt out, "What are you doing here?"
"Happy anniversary, Myungsoo!" she said as she kissed his cheek. It left a little smudge from the lipstick. Sungyeol cleared his throat and motioned to Myungsoo to give her the roses. Myungsoo weakly held them out to her, and she smiled, taking them.
"Surprise!" said Sungyeol, laughing at the look on Myungsoo's face.
"Sungyeol helped me with getting you here," his girlfriend explained, "I had this planned all along. Are you surprised?" she giggled at Myungsoo's expression, pleased with the response. She gave Sungyeol a hug and thanked him for the help.
Myungsoo let out a chuckle and gazed at her and Sungyeol. "But your umma, doesn't she still want these pork cutlets?"
"Oh these?" answered Sungyeol, "No, I just filled these with rocks to make the story more believable."
"What?!" Myungsoo exploded, "You made me carry rocks all the way here! When-"
"Oh, look at the time! It must be time to eat," said Sungyeol as he pushed Myungsoo into his girlfriend's arms. Myungsoo diverted his attention to his girlfriend as she took his hand, leading him inside the restaurant.
A waiter directed them to their seats, and Myungsoo pulled out the chair for his girlfriend. He glanced at the window to see Sungyeol giving him a thumbs up. Leaving the bags of rocks outside the entrance much to the restaurant owner's dismay, Sungyeol left, allowing Myungsoo to enjoy the company of his girlfriend and celebrate their anniversary in peace.
"Happy anniversary, Myungsoo," she gushed. Myungsoo smiled at her and took her hand, kissing it lightly.
"Happy anniversary, jagi!"