THE BULLY WITH A DIARY; Chapter 2 - Library

THE BULLY WITH A DIARY

THE BULLY WITH A DIARY; Chapter 2 - Library

 

It was all part of her plan.

Lee Hwae Ji knew. Her mind was set.

It was to make up for the many times Jonghyun kept snatching her notebook, laughing at her silly doodles and notes of thoughts.

Hwae Ji could only attempt to snatch it back, but they would always end up getting caught by Mr. Jang. Both ending in detention, and Key would follow after with just a few sec.

Yep. They’re like detention buddies now.

In detention room, there are three types of faces to see: one who looks so cocky, one who looks like he doesn’t care he’s in detention, and one who obviously wanted to smother the cocky-looking person.

It was her first time getting in detention for 4 straight days. And if she gets in detention for the next (fifth) day then it would be like getting her funniest portrait hanged up under the big HALL OF SHAME title.

Apparently, it happened. Friday was her fifth day in detention and she just had enough. If it can’t be helped then she would just settle for her revenge. And that’s where everything has fallen into, just the way she has planned it.

She was curious, alright. Curious what they were up to, what they think they’re gonna do to find it.

Kim Jonghyun lost his diary and she has it.

 

 

!FLASHBACK

(Friday; Break time)

This is ridiculous. Totally ridiculous.

I keep flailing in my spot, which is 3 bookshelves away from Jonghyun. He always goes in the library, although he wasn’t the type to, but he does. He goes once every week and I really don’t know if this was a habit of him or he’s just secretly leading me to one of his evil plot, making me sneak up on him and then Key will come sacking my face from my back.

Okay. That was a silly supposition. But hey, this is Kim Jonghyun we’re talking about. Who knows what that boy might be planning?

I saw him here before; I just know his voice pretty well, even if he was only humming, even if it sounded impossible because it felt like someone good and angelic was singing. It was really him, it was really his voice. Too bad it blew off his bad boy image, but as the saying goes “nobody is perfect,” meaning, he is not perfectly evil.

Just pure.

He sat next to the same old bookshelf, just the place where students think a ghost might come up to “boo” on them. All those tall tales about hearing noises… it was just him after all! He was humming, and he was oblivious enough to not know that it was his fault why this ghost story at the library ever started. But I wouldn’t touch that sort of issue right now. The question is… what was he doing here? Alone?

“…hmmhmm her whisper is hmhmhmhmm…”He suddenly hummed. From my view, I can only see some math book and him with his frames (I don’t even know he wears one). He was writing something, probably on the book? But it was too hard to see, maybe if I could go on a little clo―

“…You girls sure there are ghosts in here?” Oh . Someone’s coming right now.

I sat back from the same spot―noticing that the voice sounded so familiar, I almost crackled.

“Please, pleeease, oppa? Can you get that book for us? We need it for our homework. We’re too scared to get near there.” I was able to peek in between the books. There was a girl tugging the guy’s sleeve, she looked like she was trying to look cute in front of him. And there were two more girls surrounding him, I can’t see who he is, but I ‘m guessing he’s Jinki oppa―our senior, and my cousin who happens to live next door. I told him to ignore those girls. They’re practically trying to charm him and act like a damsel crying “Oh ohh, oppa, I’m scared~

Jinki could only scratch his head, he looked completely helpless. It’s not because it’s 3 against 1, but because he was just too kind to say no.

I looked back to my target, but he was already gone. I searched, craning my neck for any signs of him and his spiky hair. And when I turned back to Jinki he was already getting near me. I nearly jumped and gasped. But my hand was fast enough to keep my mouth shut. I turned again to where I first saw Jonghyun and almost crawled my way there.

Why was I hiding anyway? This is completely ridiculous; I really should just go and―

“Oh!” I gasped for real this time.

“Hwae Ji! I’m sorry I scared you,” He looked up the ceiling with a puzzled expression, “Oh, but I’m not the ghost here or anything, it was not my intention to scare you, really.”

“It’s okay,” I smiled, “Aaand I’m not the ghost either, I mean, just saying, in case I scared you.” We both chuckled after a short pause. I missed this guy, he was more like a close family to me―like my real oppa, and it’s been long since I talked to him. He must be pretty busy, I mean, he’s going to college soon, getting ready for entrance exams.

“Are you always here?” He quips.

“Uhh… y-yea.” Yes. I’m always here to spy on someone, but now’s not the time to tell him about this.

“Mind if I ask you if you know this mathematics book with a blue cover and red texts… and… tch. I really can’t remember the title.” He scratched the back of his neck, turned to look at the girls then back at me, “I’ll just go ask them for a sec.” And he ran off. Too bad he has to face that group of girls again.

I sighed, looking at the books to my side. They looked old. Even the librarian’s probably scared to get near here.

“Hmm… let’s see, blue with red texts…” I said, trying to help him so he can hand out the book to those attention-seeking girls and get rid off of them right away.

Blue with red texts… wait. Was it a math book?

If I’m correct, then that sounds like the book Jonghyun was reading a while ago. He’s probably borrowed a copy, but I guess there’s more copy to where he found it. Students rarely borrow them in purpose though, only when needed.

“Hwae Ji,” Jinki shouted a whisper, “They said its Basic Mathematics Towards…” I wasn’t able to hear the rest of what he was saying. My mind was too focused on a weird looking book in between the old ones.

“I don’t think that’s the one.” Jinki mumbles and then reaches for the right book. “This.” He smiles and frowns when he noticed I was staring in space.

“Is there… anything wrong, Hwae Ji?” He asked, waving a hand at me. He looked down and sits next to me. “Weird book, it looks like it’s been borrowed many times. And what’s up with the duct tape in the middle?” He tried peeling it off but I snatched it back.

I opened to the first page and it was blank. But right when I turned to the next page, there was a familiar name written with an ugly penmanship seen in the middle.

I snickered. This must be his lecture notebook.

But oh, I was wrong alright. Just when I scanned the pages, there were barely any formulas and numbers. I mean, what would you expect from a guy who curses at math? At first there were short phrases and a few paragraphs, then as the pages quickly turns, fumbling at the tip of my fingers, they weren’t obviously some lecture or notes from a certain subject. They were more of a personal statement; they’re like written tantrums, or like a quote book.

“I-I… uhm― I’m borrowing this.” I faked a smile and it seemed like he didn’t take it, he looked confuzzled but I find the need to leave now.

“So-sorry, but I need to go, uhm, see you later?” I waved and ran off without hearing the words that’s still trying to spill from his mouth.

That was so rude of me to leave him like that. But I guess I’ll save nagging at myself about proper manner and etiquette for later. Because just when I tried peeling half of the duct tape sticking in the front cover, I noticed a five-letter word printed in the middle:

D-I-A-R-Y.

It was his diary. It was his diary. It was his diary...

Thoughts kept flowing in my mind; I don’t even know which thought to pay attention first: Revenge? Blackmail? Humilation by getting this published on the school’s newspaper?

I guess now’s not the time to think of any antagonizing things from this new piece of revenge tool. The bell just rang and it’s time to face Mr. Jang in class again.

!END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

A/N: Again, this chapter is unbeta-ed. I've added Onew in the story. I haven't made it to the main part of the story though.