Chapter Five.

The Queen of Hearts

There was a rustic charm about Ireland that Haneul fell in love with. The simplistic beauty of its timelessness was what drew her in. It made her feel like child as she stood next to a cliff overlooking the ocean as the sun begun to set on the horizon. The oranges and yellows and pinks in the sky blended into an orchestra of beauty. The ocean was a vast canvas of clear liquid which reflected the beauty of the sky. The scent of the ocean mixed with the scent of grass and trees was almost addicting and she swore she could stay here forever.

Dublin was her next destination. It wasn’t New York City, but in New York City was the doe-eyed man who stole her heart and refused to give it back. Surely distance would be her key to escaping from him.

“Haneul.” Her husband’s voice broke her out of her trance. She turned around to face him, her hair flying in the wind.  “Are you ready?”

 

“Of course.” She replied. She didn’t know what she was ready for anymore, but surely it couldn’t be worst than what she had to go through. Or so she thought.

 

“What are you thinking about?” He asked as he intertwined his fingers with hers and the pair walked towards the car awaiting them.

 

“If the ocean is big enough to separate people then can’t it do the same for hearts?” She replied. Jiwoo gave her a confused look. She smiled towards him.

 

“Doesn’t the ocean get tired of always having to pull hearts?” She questioned knowing Jiwoo had no idea what she was going on about.

Philosophical questions like these was a trait she had gain from Luhan, another thing she cursed him for. However, something about seeing more than the superficial concepts that many simply go along with made her proud.

Luhan was able to understand things because he took the time of the day to stop, think, and understand. He saw the world at a level that was deeper than what many people bother to see. That was one of the reasons why he was able to understand the problems that many other couldn’t comprehend.

This was something she had also gain from him. There was so much he had taught her and as much as she wanted to forget, she couldn’t. She refused to forget all the knowledge he had bestow on her because sometimes it was simply too important to lose.

 

The thought of Luhan had constantly consumed her mind and it was beginning to scare her. She had done a pretty good job at keeping thoughts for the man at bay but after what happened in New York City it was getting harder and harder.

 

She knew he would be on her trail sooner or later especially with Nana at his side. As much as she adored the girl she was beginning to hate Nana and her ability to track people.

That was the reason why she was here in Ireland. She knew that Jiwoo always wanted to come here, not for a mission but simply because he wanted to explore the beauty of Ireland. Haneul as well would enjoy exploring Ireland, but today wasn’t the day for that.

“Why are we here?” He asked as the two got in the car. He started the engine and began to drive.

 

She thought long and hard about that question. Frankly speaking she was praying that this day would never come. She had a good, long run with Jiwoo and she would like to continue that run. However, she knew that the circumstances in front of them would never allow for that. She was forced to make another decision which she didn’t want to.

 

“To start over.” She answered as her world spun around once more.

--

 

“We are going to chase her down to the ends of the world.” Sarang commented as she took her first step into her fiancee’s Dublin penthouse, which she didn’t even know he owned until a few hours ago.

Nana had been able to track Haneul to Ireland. Sarang almost wanted to ask Nana how she was able to track people down so thoroughly but she decided that maybe that wasn’t a question she wanted an answer to.

“That’s what I have planned.” Luhan affirmed as he stepped next to her. He had a determined glint in his eyes which looked hopeful, almost.

 

“You sure are persistent aren’t you.” Sarang noted as she dropped off her bag by the staircase.

 

“Sometimes you have to be persistent. Sometimes you have to keep trying for someone, even when they stop trying for themselves.” He told her. Yeah, that sounded like something Luhan would say.

 

“Sometimes you need to stop with the meaningful comments, it gets tacky.” Xiumin mumbled as he entered the suite and dropped his bags before he crashed on top of the couch and fell asleep. He was exhausted from all the traveling and had half the mind to return to China. Then he remembered Haneul and he was reminded of why they were here.

 

“He has a point.” Kris added as he stepped beside his fiancee and threw an arm over her shoulders. “Then again I rather have you going around throwing out tacky, cheesy comments than those philosophical ones which just confuse the crap out of everyone.” He added.

 

Before Luhan could even rebut back the Lizzy flashed by, running over to the counter so she could properly set down her laptop.

 

“Are you running away from death or something?” Tao commented as he entered the room behind her.

 

The blonde woman just ignored his comment as she began typing on her laptop at an almost inhuman speed. Her eyes flashed back and forth on her screen before a look of utter shock crossed her face. She quickly masked it away but everyone in the room caught it. They were after all apart of the Underworld and they were trained to catch onto moments of weaknesses.

 

Showing shock was a moment of weakness for the Hacker and they knew that meant; one - that the cure for cancer was found, or two - something horrible happened.

 

“Are you ing kidding me, this is not supposed to happen. How the hell did she do that? Is she out of her mind, not that she wasn’t before, but that’s not the bloody point.” She ranted, she was speaking more to herself than anyone else.

 

“Can you just get on the damn topic and tell us what you found out.” Kris demanded. his temper was as short as ever.

 

“Jiwoo is dead. Haneul’s husband is dead.” Lizzy told the group. The room was quiet for a short moment before she added another piece of information, “Haneul killed him.”  

 

All hell broke lose after that.

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

I will apologize for my absence from this story. it's been over a year since I've updated and I never intended to put the story on hiatus, but sometimes things just happen in life that keep you away. Life happens and sometimes you need to prioritize and sadly I had to put this story on hold. However, I am back for the time being and I can't wait to continue with this lovely little whirlwind of a story.