Chapter One: Coffee Stains

Coffee Stains

Coffee Stains: the First Chapter

 

My fingers danced across the keyboards…

I bite my lips, fixed my hair as I stare at the computer screen in front of me.

Words I want to whisper into this person’s ear…

I want to capture everything that I’m feeling right now and just pour it all over him, raw and untamed…like this coffee stain spreading across the napkin.

I disconnected the links between my fingers and my keyboard, placing them into my lap.

 

The waitress came by and asked if I wanted a refill. I answered, “no thanks” and she walked away.

As I try to figure out my next move, the chair in front of me was filled.

 

“Hey”

I looked up to discover that it was my childhood friend, jiyong.

“Oh hey, I didn’t expect you to be here.”

He smiled and waved his hands to the waiter.

“I was just stopping by for a coffee break, what are you doing?” he asked and try to take a sneak peak at my computer screen.

I quickly shut it close and told him, “it’s nothing…I was just writing up a new proposal for the network.”

He lean his body against the chair and crossed his legs and looked elsewhere, he had his phone in his hand.

“Oh…so, if it’s work related, why are you hiding it from me?”

I could feel the blood rushing to my face.

"Fine, you don't have to tell me..."  he said as he looked down at his phone.

 

Before I could explain anything to him, the waitress came over.

She had the biggest smile and she looked a bit excited, Jiyong looked up at her. He's displaying his charms again.

"Well, hey there, beautiful."

The waitress covered and her eyes started to smiles instead of her.

Jiyong placed his phone down and opened up the cafe's menu and pointed to an expresso.

"If I can, can I have this...and two engery shots?" he asked and winked. 

"Of course!"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed for my purse, "I would like my check..." but before I could finished, she already disappeared. I looked at Jiyong but he just smiled at me.

"She went to grab me my cup of coffee, it look like it will be a while until you will get your check, ___." 

"I really hate this."

"What?"

"You know what."

"What? I have no idea what you are talking about, noona."

"I'm not your noona, I'm your dongsang."

"It's not dongsang, noona."

"Jiyong."

"Fine, fine...it's only because you don't call me oppa that i'm calling you noona."

I got up and jiyong asked where I was going to go.

"I have to head to work, I can't stay long. If you want me to call you oppa, just pay for my coffee, yeh?"

"What? you are just going to leave me here alone?"

"Im sure the waitress going to keep you company since she was giving you the lovesstuckeyes"

I jammed my computer into my bag and grabbed my jacket.

"Well, I'll see you when I see you, kay bye!"

"Wait, you can't just leave like this!"

"Bye Oppa, thanks for the drink." I said as I shut the door behind me.