Timeline

Timeline

There you were, sitting by the windowsill as you gazed at the stars, linking them together with your fingers, forming different patterns. Moonlight spilled into the room, causing the diamond to glimmer under the moonlight radiance, emphasising the iridescent diamond ring on your finger.

 

 

1st January 2001,

                “Be good sweetie. Mummy and Daddy will pick you up at 5 later. Don’t worry, time passes very fast and trust me, by 5pm, you wouldn’t want to follow us home.” You nodded and waved as you watched the windows rolled up while the car sped off, widening the distance between you and your parents, until it vanished from your sight. Tears that you had tried to hold back were b in your eyes. Before you knew it, loud wails and cries could be heard around the school compound. You heard footsteps that were getting louder and louder, indicating that someone was walking towards your direction but you decided to ignore it, thinking that it would be one of the teachers that’ll comfort you with “you’ll make a lot of friends here!” or “I’ll give you some stickers and sweets. Don’t cry.” or threaten you with “stop crying. I am going to expel you out of the school if you cry.” or “no afternoon nap for you!”

 A hand was extended towards you. On top of the small palm lied all your favourite chocolates and sweets. You warily stared at the snacks and timidly reached for one of the chocolate bars that were offered. He stood in front of you, glad that you had placed all your attention on the chocolate bar and not your tears and said,

“I’m Yoon Doojoon and I will be your best friend forever and ever and ever!”

 

               

Two pairs of eagle-like eyes followed your every single movement behind the door and the shadows of the furniture.

 

 

28th June 2006,

The two of you were so deeply in love with each other. Your hands never leave each other’s at all times. Physical contacts between both of you were always present at all occasions. Both of you hugged each other at little too tightly and longer than how normal best friends do, kissed each other affectionately on the lips almost every day, cuddled each other during movie nights (although most of the time the two of you would be tangled under the blanket before the movie even reached its halfway point). However, none of you had the courage to confess your love for each other, no “I love you”s during any intimate moments that the two of you shared. And this got Mr Yang Yoseob irritated.

 

Two hands clamped over both you and Doojoon’s mouth while pushing both of you harshly into a black van with which the windows were heavily tinted. In your attempt to escape, you felt a fabric with a pungent odour covering your nose. “It smells like… a swimming pool.” You thought as everything around you turned pitch black.

 

You groaned as something hit your ribs hard, causing you to stir awake, only to realise that you were in a dark room. You had to squint your eyes to observe your surroundings.  A few broken chairs that were stacked on top of one another, a small coffee table in the corner and that’s more or less what you managed to see in this ill-lighted room. A black shadow towered over you and Doojoon. You scrutinised his appearance. “Hmm.. definitely shorter than Doojoon, not as muscular as Kikwang, chubby cheeks..” when he spoke abruptly.

“Any last words?”

“Tick Tick Tick”

That’s when you started to panic as the time bomb that was strapped tightly underneath one of the chairs started ticking. An evil laughter was heard from the shadow before he left. After a few failed attempts to escape, you and Doojoon gave up as both of you huddled in a far end corner. You were terrified. And that was when you heard the first “I love you”. And the second. And the third. And the fourth between a passionate kiss both of you shared, instantly washing away all your fear and doubts. The kiss wasn’t the usual lustful, sensual, sultry kiss that made you aroused and turn on. It was different. It was soft, sweet, loving, fierce yet cool, tender kiss. This kiss made you feel loved, adored and cherished.

“Be my girlfriend?”

You nodded, responding to kiss. You were going to be with him, even if it’s the end of the world.

A man watched the whole scene, behind the curtains with satisfaction written on his face as he removed his cap, revealing a tuft of striking blonde hair.

 

“Oh, and you are not allowed to elbow any parts of my body.”

 

 

Two pairs of hands, one which were three times smaller than the other quietly push the door open.

 

 

28th June 2007,

“Get out!” A pillow followed by a bolster smacked Doojoon’s face hard (at the same time cleaning off some of the cake and cream that were on his face), leaving him in a very mild pain. He sighed loudly and left the room after his umpteenth failed attempts to comfort you and to pull you into his embrace. You sobbed into your blanket while wiping you tears and snot using Doojoon’s favourite soccer T-shirt, knowing clearly that he wouldn’t be pleased. But it was sadness and revenge we were talking about, of course none of it will be sweet.

 

It was a date. OK, it was supposed to be a date, until your beloved nation boyfriend was too engrossed in his soccer practice, leaving you all alone at the entrance of Lotte World. Nevertheless, you still followed the schedule you had planned earlier for the day. That included having a picnic lunch at the beach as well as admiring the sunset while waving foolishly to the sun that was gradually disappearing below the horizon, earning weird glances and some stiffled laughter from the onlookers at your idiocy. Everything went according to what was planned, except for the fact that there was something missing, and that missing ‘thing’ was Yoon Doojoon.

 

“There goes my anniversary.” You thought as you lit up the candles on your cake.

“Happy Anniversary!” You said loudly to yourself and blew the fire off the candles. A lone tear trickle down your cheek. Precisely at that moment, you heard the door creaked opened. He removed his shoes at the entrance and looked up, only to find a cake flying towards him and landed perfectly on his oh-so-handsome face.

               

 

A loud knock on the door snapped you awake from drifting into your own world.

“Go away!”

He was persistent.  A series of loud taps were driving you up the wall. Furiously, you walked towards the door, ready to thrash whatever you were holding at him (which, unfortunately, was just a sheet of tissue paper filled with mucus and boogies). You pulled open the door and met the sight of a drenched Doojoon, soaked from head to toe, with a small cupcake topped with cream and a small piece of white chocolate in his hands. of dark chocolate formed “Happy anniversary baby! I’m sorry :(“ on the white chocolate.

“I’m sorry.”

You stared at him, feeling your heart soften and ached at the sight of him. Did he run under the heavy downpour just to get you a cupcake?

“Forgive me?”

You closed the gap between you and Doojoon as your lips met his.

“Am I welcomed back to the bed? Am I welcomed back to your heart?”

Yes, you are.

 

 

Two pairs of feet tiptoed into you room.

 

 

18th November 2009,

                You groggily picked up the phone, squinted at the screen and frown as you glare at the caller ID. You turned behind and noticed that the bed was slightly large and quite empty.

                “Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you? Did you?” the voice at the other end of the line was beyond ecstatic and not to mention, loud. You winced at the loud yet sharp voice and put the phone away from your ear. Since when did Doojoon’s voice become this high-pitched?

                Before you managed to choke out an answer, another string of incoherent words that sounded something like this were heard.

“Wake up now! You have to wake up now! It’s late and your boss will fire you if you’re late! And remember to… Oh OK! I’m coming!! I’ll call you back later darling. Have a good day! Love you! And don’t you dare to go back to sleep! Move your heavy out of the bed now! Now! Bye!”

                The phone line was cut before you were able to digest and understand what he just said.

                “Did he just say that I have a heavy ?!”

 

                “Here’s your coffee and your vanilla muffin. Thank you. Oh and make sure you say yes.” The cashier winked at you before serving the next customer. You were going through your daily routine. Everything seemed fine, but you started realising that it was a little unusual, especially since almost everyone you met reminded you to say yes for some reasons you were unsure of. Your neighbour was kind enough to offer you some rice cakes in the morning. “I’m so happy for you! Just remember to say yes and I will start on the preparations.” Mrs Kim continued rambling while you were left in a state of confusion. And that was when you were quite certain that your day would be a little… off.

                You thought this whole ordeal would end once you reached your office. You were wrong. In fact, it had gotten worse. The security guard greeted you with a huge smile plastered on his face, which was quite unexpected since he always had an expressionless facade, refusing to smile at anyone. “Don’t disappoint us. Say yes, alright!” you awkwardly greeted him and walked away as quickly as your legs could bring you. “This is weird” you thought as you stepped into the crowded elevator. Once the elevator doors were closed, you started hearing whispers that turned to chants of ‘say yes’ in the elevator.

                “Calm down, it’s just your imagination. Stop hallucinating.” You told yourself softy as you smack your head hard. Unconsciously, you muttered a small ‘yes?’ under your breath and this got the whole crowd excited as they started cheering and jumping in the elevator.

                In the office, many of your colleagues patted your back and hugged you. The girls squealed whenever you walked past them, ignoring the presence of your stern supervisor. Your one and only male co-worker who wasn’t in a relationship pretended to cry. “How could you do this to me?! I’m hurt. You betrayed me!” Within seconds, his expression changed. “Anyway, just a reminder. Make sure you say yes or else…” he moved his thumb across his throat as he gave you a malicious look. OK, this is scary. All in all, everyone was acting weird today, most of them kept pressuring telling and reminding you to say yes. “Say yes to…?” you wondered.

                “At last, some peace” A wave of relief washed over you as you hurriedly walked to the conference room. You enjoyed every second in during the meeting, knowing that you were shielded from all those nonsense by the aura of your CEO who’s currently in the States as well as the tension in the room. You had never felt this happy and relaxed to be in a room filled with heated arguments and menacing glares between the head of every department. Any wrong, suspicious movement may lead to severe tongue lashing and instant death.

                Peaceful times never last long. You fixed your gaze at the large screen when your boss called you. Everyone in the room shot you with piercing glares, scowling at you for interrupting their ‘discussion’. You gulped, knowing that everybody was mentally throwing daggers at you. His next words made your last string of sanity break (as well as breaking the tension that’s in the air).

                “You’ve got my approval and he’s got my approval too. Now it’s all in your hands. All you need to do is a give a big, firm yes. Now try practicing it. Say it after me. Yes.  Yes. Yes.” His face was enlarged on the screen as his mouth slowly formed the word ‘yes’. No matter how reluctant you were, you still needed this job. Therefore, just like any other kindergartener, you awkwardly and embarrassingly imitate what your boss did in front of all your colleagues, earning whispers and sniggers from them as they had momentarily forgotten about their fight as you felt heat crept up your face to your ears.

                “Good! If there’s no further discussion, I’ll leave now. Oh, and you” he pointed at you. “have to be here by 8 tonight. Tata!” the screen turned black minutes after an address appeared, leaving you dumbfounded as you stared blankly at the screen.

                It was a stupid idea to actually reach there by 8pm sharp. Scratch that, it was foolish and unintelligent of you to actually come here, moreover with an empty stomach. It’s already 10pm, you were famished and yet you didn’t see anyone here, most importantly, there’s nothing edible here! Grumpily, you grabbed your purse and was about to leave when a white, fluffy teddy bear descended right in front of you. Without thinking much longer, you hugged and squeeze the bear, cuddling it while inhaling its lavender scent, only to throw it away when it suddenly started ‘speaking’. “Doojoonie loves you! Be with Doojoonie forever!” In an instant, fireworks exploded before your eyes, forming two words that made your heart melt in the sky. “Marry me”.

                Doojoon appeared out of nowhere and slipped a ring on your finger. You were too flabbergasted by his appearance to notice the ring that was now resting on your finger. He looks exceptionally charming today. His body frame fitted well with the suit he’s wearing. A baby blue T-shirt was worn below the black coat, with his slick black hair styled neatly. There’s only one word to describe him: Perfect. He seemed to notice that you were awed by him.

                “Like what you see?” he did a clumsy and ungraceful twirled and a curtsey, which results in him tripping over his legs and thankfully, he managed to steady and compose himself before flashing you a dazzling smile. To you dismay, his charisma had dampened a little by his childishness. Nevertheless, you still loved this childish side of him. It’s a side of Yoon Doojoon that no one else would see except you. And of course the other BEAST members, his family and his close circle of friends.

                He gave you a chaste kiss and wrapped his arms around your waist, popping the question with a serious tone.

“Will you marry me?”

All you saw was endless sincerity and determination in his eyes. A ‘yes’ was about to slip out of your mouth when you sensed that the most important shining (and hopefully 5 carats or more) object was missing. You frowned and were about to retort back when you saw his smug expression as you heard him say, “You know, it’s actually too late to say no anyway.” He lifted your hand and there it was, sparkling under the moonlight.

Your smile grew wider at every second. “Yes, yes and yes!” the distance between both of you got nearer. You could feel his lips ghosting on yours. Closer, closer, closer and…

Your stomach growled.

Great timing.

 

 

 

Two figures exchanged glances as they pounced on you. The smaller one dived right into your lap and looking straight into your eyes with his huge, brown, almond-shaped eyes. You were quick to recover from your shock. You stared at those brown orbs, reflecting the image of a man that was standing behind you, planning to scare you. Hah! Gotcha!

You were knocked out of your breath when he gathered all his energy and strength to wrestle hug you, pushing you down in the process.

“Umma!” you were faced-to-faced with the very same teddy bear Doojoon had given you. Teddy… bear? I don’t want to be teddy’s umma! Fortunately, the teddy bear was replaced with the chubby face you saw previously.

They both had the same eyes that made you fall deeply in love, the same crooked grin that always made your day, the same plump, irresistible, tempting lips and the same warmth that made you feel safe and secure.

You were surprised when a pair of muscular arms wormed their way around your waist from behind with a chin resting on your shoulder. Yes, you were expecting something to happen, but not like this, not in this loving manner.

“What?  Were you expecting something more extreme?” he smirked. “Hmm… maybe later tonight, in bed.” he whispered huskily into your ears, sending shivers down your spine.

A quick peck landed on your lips before you heard him muttering, “Aww… Our baby koala is tired already.” You turned and saw your son clinging onto your shirt with the teddy bear in between, fast asleep with his head rested on the bear’s.

Being a pair of loving, devoted parents, you slowly carried him to bed, trying your best not to wake him up. As for his Appa, Doojoon tucked him in bed, ensure that he is comfortable, safe and sound before humming a lullaby. Even though the boy’s in deep sleep, Doojoon would always made sure that his little boy would never miss his lullaby sessions with his Appa. His words rang in your mind as you adored both of them.

 

“Is Appa a singer? Is Appa famous?” Hyun Ji asked excitedly. His small mouth moved rapidly and he babbled about how his friends’ mothers, ahjummas and even the teachers in school would always squeal and stare at his Appa as though they were in love with him whenever Doojoon picked him up and Hyun Ji despised those looks they gave him. In his opinion, only Umma can look at Appa this way.  

You watched his mouth curved into a blinding smile and observed the movement of his mouth that was getting faster and faster after Doojoon nodded as he started blabbering about how his friends would react when they knew that he had a famous celebrity Appa. Both of you decided that it was time to calm him down when the two of you had to dodge the food that were flying out of his small, tiny mouth.

“Appa! No more bedtime stories! You have to sing for me to sleep every night! Promise?” and that’s when they made their promise when their pinkies hooked each other’s.

 

“Someone’s deep in thoughts” he kissed your cheek with his arms still around your waist. You leaned back slightly, closing your eyes, enjoying the tranquillity and quietness. Knowing that you had let your guards down, Doojoon scooped you up, causing you to squeal and dashed into your room. With a light kiss, he left for Hyun Ji’s room, making sure that he’s safely tucked under his warm, comfortable Thomas and Friends blanket. A soft kiss on the boy’s forehead and a “sleep tight, I love you” before the lights were switched off and the door was closed.

After a quick shower, Doojoon joined you in bed. With one of his arms positioned under your neck while the other above your hips, you cuddled him, resting your head on his broad chest. You had always loved the distinctive smell of Yoon Doojoon. It was unique, special and it belonged to the one and only Yoon Doojoon. That’s the main reason why you like wearing his clothes to bed (though you will never admit it in front of him), allowing his scent to linger in the air and wrap around you. You buried you head in his chest, trying to inhale as much of his scent as you can, feeling contented with what you had right now.

He tilted you face, showering you with light kisses and playful nips. It started off with brief, sweet kisses until your bodies unconsciously inched closer and closer to one another, not leaving even the slightest gap between both of you as you felt his hand crept up your back, landing on the back of your neck, deepening the kiss. Pieces by pieces, your articles were peeled off both of your bodies as your bodies moulded perfectly together at the same pace. Everything felt so right, so in place. You cherished moments like these, enjoyed every second of it as these moments constantly reminded you that you belonged to him, and he belonged to you.