Chapter 6: Awkward

Seoul Survival

My alarm clock starts ringing and ringing! There isn't a snooze button on it that's why I threw it. Looks like I'm going to buy a new one again. I forced myself to get up and fix the broken parts of the alarm clock. Mum barged in.

 

"Oh, so you're awake and broke another alarm clock?" Mum raised her brow leaning on the door.

 

"You should use your phone next time so you wouldn't throw it"

 

She went down to make breakfast for all of us. Oh, grand-dad and antie are still downstairs I guess. I threw the parts in the bin and hurriedly used the restroom for a shower. It's my first day but I ain't nervous. I'm kind of used to these kind of things. I come to school at the late time of the semester because we were always out of town. I wore comfortable jeans and a white shirt with another long red plaid shirt to much up my style. I haven't bought a uniform yet since I'm new here. I took my bag which was inside the closet and ran downstairs for some breakfast.

 

"I didn't see you yesterday dear? Where were you?" Grand-dad said reading his newspaper with a cup of coffee by his side

 

"Umm" I kept quiet glancing at mum she started signaling me to sit right away. I sat beside grand-dad. Antie was helping mum make breakfast.

 

"Mum, when did they say was their assembly time?" I asked munching some cereal on the table

 

"7:30" she answered

 

Oh . It's 7:20. I'm screwed. again. I finished my cereals real quick and carried my bag and ran for the door.

 

"You need anything else before you leave?" antie called my attention.

 

I smiled and shooked. I slammed the door shut and rode my bike off. Actually I don't know where I'm going. I don't even know where it is. I forgot to ask mum. . No choice, I have to ask a random person around here. I asked each person around the street and still I get lost. Finally I asked this one person, she drew me a map. The spot I am now and the direction I'm going to. She is such a kind grandma. I said my thanks and rode off. I finally spot a large school gate around the corner. It's a real large school compared to Gwangju High. I got off the bike and walk with it. The gates were a bit close and suddenly a guard appeared

 

"You're late young lady" he pointed to his watch. 7:50am.

 

I put my hands together and begged for me to come in. I explained everything and told him I was new here. On spot his personality changed. He greeted me and led my way to the entrace of the hallway.

 

"Don't get lost" he waved at me. I smiled and waved back.

 

I looked through my papers to see what class I was in. 2-5. There are really lots of section due to the popularity here. Most students perfer arts school then ordinary. Most of them want to reach their goals on becoming stars. I don't. My mum forced me to study here. I don't know why she chose this one. There are a lot more schools better than this one. Why an art school mum?!

I looked through the classrooms to see what they were doing while I was walking to my classroom. They are really organized and more advance. They use white board and markers while in Gwangju we use black boards and chalks. Woah. This looks interesting. I skipped happily to my classroom. I stopped in front of my class and opened the slide door silently.

 

"I guess our transfer student won't be comin- Ohh! She's here" the teacher cheered and pulled me in. I shyly came in though not nervous.

 

"She's the transfer student?" said the girl at the back

 

"Hah? She isn't good enough to be here, just look at how she dresses. What a trash" another spoked.

 

Imma punch this later. er. I bowed to them and introduced myself. They were all hissing off. Getting real tired of their . This is why I don't like entering a art school. It's always about competition. I sat in the vacant seat at the back a bit far away from the others. I don't know what their problem was? Why the hell do they keep looking at me? Is it because of my outfit? It does look cheap. Sorry, I'm not so rich like you guys are. The teacher explained everything about dancing techniques and other stuffs. I wasn't quite interested. I don't even dance. OH LORD. Why an art school. I might even die here. I kept on telling myself.

We were dismissed by the 1 hour and 30 minutes lesson. Oh. Thank you! I dragged myself out of the classroom lazily. The others behind me kept on bumping me on purpose. It isn't even funny anymore. I felt out of place since everyone was on their uniforms. Isn't there one person, just one who is a transfer like me? I'm crying. I walked through the hallways to the cafeteria. Yes, I got lost again. This is a huge school. I think it consists of Highschool and Colleges, from what I know the Colleges are in the other building, a lot more bigger I mean BIGGER than this one. Like one amusement park. Lol

People started crowding the cafeteria again. I hate this, why is it that eveywhere I go the place is crowded? I spot students taking pictures and screaming their lungs out. I checked to see what was going on. It was those DORM IDIOTS! I hid behind the wall still making sure they didn't see me. . Great, we are in the same spot again. Why is this happening! I thought I'd never seethem again! Ugh. I hid still spying on them, suddenly someone spoke

 

"What are you doing?" he said

 

I turned to see it was the him from last time(D.O.) What the . . . I tried to make an excuse. Think. think. What should I say.

 

"Umm, just having fresh air, it's crowded you can see obviously"

 

"No, I meant what are you doing "here"

 

"Here? I'm a student here"

 

"Wait. First I see you at Gwangju, then at the airport, then at our dorm and now here? Seriously? Are you stalking us?"

 

"Stalking? Why would I do that!"

 

"You obviously are. Are you really that desperate to see us?!"

 

I coughed. Wow! desperate over you guys? Now thats ridiculous. I wouldn't be desperate on someone like you. Ugh. I kept on shooking my head thinking of what he just said. 

 

"Oh? Is that Kyungsoo?" A girl squint her eyes around the crowd

 

"Yeaaah? He seems to be with a girl?" Another squinted her eyes with her glasses. She fixed her glasses and screamed "YAAAAHH! WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING WITH MY KYUNGSOO!" They started running towards us.

 

"Oh crap" He gripped on my arm

 

"Wh-what?"

 

"Run!"

 

We started running away from those wild girls. We ran around the campus and still they are catching up. We made our way outside the school gates without them following us. They must've lost track of us. That's good, we're saved.

 

"We shouldn't go inside the campus for now" He said hiding behind the large brick wall 

 

"What? Are you saying we're going to ditch class?" I looked through my phone and checked the time. Breaktime's almost over and my next class is History. I can't fail that hard subject! I haven't even been on that class yet. 

 

"GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLL~~~~" Just now, was that my stomach rumbling? OMG! Why at this time! Even infront of this guy! Unbelievable! So embarrassing. I felt my world crashing down into pieces. It was like I don't want to live anymore. I facepalmed trying to forget it

 

"We should eat" He said emotionless. He didn't even laugh? Is he a robot? Nah, actually I'm glad he didn't. He'll easily forget it. HAHAHAHA!

 

"I think not. There must be more of them(in restaurants) if we do that"

 

"I know a place" he said

 

 

We walked to this place nearby our campus. Hidden somewhere. It's a small restaurant, seems like no one comes here often, its not that popular either because of its old-fashion feature. He knocked and slid the door open. Okay. That's one neat restaurant. It's empty and dark. He made his step in.

 

"W-wait, I'm not sure if I want to go in-"I felt creeped out. He pulled me in and made me sat down on the chair.

 

"Ahjumma!" He called. She suddenly popped out of the curtain door.

 

"Kyungsoo ah! It's nice to see you again! Oh? you brought a girl? Is she your-"

 

"Acquaintance"

 

"Oh, ho. Just expected of our Kyungsoo" She giggled while wiping her hands on her apron

 

"We'll be ordering the beef set please"

 

I tug on his shirt and whispered "I don't have enough cash on me" he snapped away my fingers

 

"It's on me idiot"

 

The set came and we ate awkwardly. It was dead silent. How can someone handle this situation. He kept on eating quietly, I don't know how to speak. I can even hear the clock ticking and the wind blowing. I glanced on him as he eats his beef. He was so gentle, he then looked at me. 

 

"What?"

 

"N-nothing" I went back to eat my beef

 

His phone vibrated, must be a message. He picked it up and scroll through his phone while I eat my food.

 

"Yah! Where are you? It's time for English! Are you going to skip class again?

There's still time for you to catch up for our class though

- Kim Jongin"

 

He looked at me and I did too. His eyes went back to his phone.

 

"I think I'll be copying some notes from you again"

 

He texted back and went back to eat. I didn't see what he texted.  I stare at his phone and was curious on who it was. I want to ask but I'm sure he'll scoof on me again. We continue to eat silently again.

 

 

Author's Note: 

I am literally squealing over my own fanfic. OH GOD *//////* please excuse me. *coughs

*coughs even louder