The Rainbow Wishes

As Sweet As Macaroon

 

 

Victoria peeped the youngest girl who was working in the kitchen.

Her hand awkwardly motioned the mixer, as her eyes kept on focus toward the dough that placed in the built-in bowl. Victoria laughed silently, it was funny to see the lazy one spent a whole day in the kitchen—tried hard to finished the famous rainbow cake. Well, baking was so hard for those who never had any experience of it, like Krystal. Yet, she insisted the oldest to not help her while she was working on it.

Because she did it only for Minho.

Tomorrow was exactly his birthday, and Krystal had arranged a plan to celebrate it by set a romantic dinner at his apartment.

"Need any help, Miss Jung?" Victoria teased.

"Nope," Krystal answered while pressed the 'off' button of the mixer. "It's almost done..."

Victoria chuckled, "how could you said that it's almost done? You still have so much things to do, girl..."

"I know, that's why I amused myself by saying that it's almost done. Gosh, it's totally tiring!"

"Alright, good luck, Soojung-ah..." the oldest leaved and immediately rushed to the living room.

Krystal still focused on the half-done cake. She put the liquid into four different bowls and pour in few drops of food coloring. Then, she took four brasses and filled them one by one.

Four brasses then placed inside the oven. Based on what she read on internet, it needed to stay in the heater at least for 30 minutes until it well-baked. Krystal had some free times to prepare the frosting cream so she immediately took another bowl and whisk then the frosting cream had done in few minutes.

Oh finally, the long-haired girl could sit comfortably on the dinning chair.

Krystal let her mind flew away; let it went back to the day Minho confessed his feeling.

He was 21 back then, when he asked Krystal to strolled around a random park near SM building. They talked about life, career, also some random stuffs. Until then, Minho spoke those magic words and she was totally speechless.

"I love you, Krystal..." he said.

Well, she gotta admit that she had a crush on him. Nobody could resist his charming figure and well-mannered personality and she deeply fell for him. At first, she thought that it would be a one-sided love since Minho had a good relationship with few girls. Yet, Minho did feel the same way too.

Two years passed quickly. She was 19 and Minho turned 23.

He had been a good friend for her. The one who always called her twice in a day just to made sure that she's okay. He was the one who would hear her rambling in the middle of the night. He was the one who would immediately hug her whenever she felt insecure.

And, he was the one who had stolen her first kiss.

Suddenly, she remembered that feeling when his lips touched hers. It was soft—too soft, he gently brushed her lips and she let him explored , exchanged their saliva. It took a minute until they needed to breath and they burst a sweet laugh afterwards.

Wake up, dear Krystal... she thought.

Well, she just craved for him, that's all.

Peep...

The timer rang and it meant the cake had done. Krystal grabbed a napkin to pulled out the brasses.

She moved out the navy blue one, put it on a baking paper and spread the white cream until it fully covered. Continued with the light green one, she was doing the same thing, layered the rest and covered it with the frosting cream.

Four layers of rainbow cake completely done in 20 minutes.

It was pretty; with some sprinkles spread all over the top and few macaroons sticked there.

Good job, Jung Krystal...

.
---
.


"Unnie I'm leaving..." Krystal bid goodbye to Victoria who was watching a cooking show on tv.

"Okay, take care, Soojung-ah!" Victoria smiled as she saw her fellow member closed the door.

Krystal went out of her apartment building. Two boxes were hanging on both her hands; a birthday gift on the left and the birthday cake on the right. She stopped a taxi and in 15 minutes, she arrived at Minho's apartment.

An elevator quickly brought her to the 15th floor. She stood behind a door with 1209 sign that hung on it and slowly pressed the doorbell.

"Good evening, Sir..." she smiled as the owner of the room opened the door.

"Good evening, Miss. Thanks for coming to my party." Minho answered.

"Can I come in?"

Minho chuckled as he heard that, "well, this place is yours too so please come in."

"Thank you, oppa." Krystal said, then she passed the birthday present to her boyfriend.

"What is it?" Minho furrowed his brows, looked curious with the blue box on his hand.

"Happy birthday, dear birthday boy!" Krystal happily said.

Minho opened the box and he could see there were a leather-strap wristwatch and a very chic t-shirt inside. Krystal definitely had a good taste on fashion and he really liked it.

"Thank you, Soojung-ah..." he muttered, a soft peck landed on his girlfriend's pinkish lips. "I like it—no, I love it. So much."

"You're welcome, oppa. I'm glad you like it..." she answered. "Nah, let me set the table. You must be hungry, right?"

Krystal walked to the kitchen, took two plates and glasses from the cabinet then brought them to the dinning table. She filled the plates with fettuccine and alfredo sauce—Minho's all time favorite Italian dish—that she cooked at her dorm before. Minho joined by poured a bottle of red wine into the glasses.

As the birthday cake had perfectly served along with the colorful candles, the couple sat on the dinning chair—gazed deeply into each other's eyes.

"Do I need to sing a happy birthday song for you?" Krystal asked, her eyes still on Minho's eyes.

Minho shook his head afterwards, "no, you don't need to. All I need is your presence, that's all."

"Well, now please close your eyes," she commanded. "Then, make a wish."

Minho obeyed her order. He closed his eyes; solemnly send his wishes to God.

He was 23, and he already had everything.

He just wanted an unstoppable happiness for him and all people he loves the most; his parents, his older brother, his fellow-members, his company colleague.

And, of course the girl who was sitting in front of him.

That girl was a treasure, because she was the reason for him to keep alive. And he wanted to be with her—all the time, build a family and live happily ever after. Well, even though that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

Whoa, he gotta be grateful that God had given him a chance to meet Jung Soojung.

After all—he just wanted to be happy, with Krystal...

Slowly, Minho's round eyes were opened.
 

"I've sent the wishes to God." he whispered.

"I believe He got your wishes already," Krystal sweetly smiled. "Now let's blow the candle..."

Krystal counted down from three to one, and finally the candles were blown by the birthday boy.

"Once again, happy birthday, oppa." Krystal spoke as she sliced the birthday cake.

Minho looked at the sliced cake; it was pretty and looked yummy.

"The cake looks pretty," he said. "Where did you buy it?"

Krystal chuckled, Minho didn't know that she was the one who made it. "I didn't buy it, oppa."

"And then?"

"I made it."

"You made it?" Minho said in amazement, he really knew that Krystal wasn't a cooking person.

"Because today's your birthday, I'm willing to prepare everything by myself." she grinned widely. "Beside, this cake's gonna tell my wishes for you."

"Really? Tell me now..."

"First layer for your happiness, and the second one for your health—I want nothing but a happy and healthy Minho."

Minho couldn't help but smile. Although it might sound common but in fact, to be happy and healthy were so important.

"Next, the third, it's for your career. I hope it raise higher and higher. Last but not least, the fourth layer symbolizes us, well—I hope you won't leave me because I love you so much."

Minho tightly gripped Krystal's hand, "no, I will always here, by your side, because I love you too..."

Krystal could hear that her heart beat faster while Minho moved closer and cupped her face.

And then, their lips met—drowned them deeply in their own love.

 

 

A/N

Happy birthday our baby frog Choi Minho! Stay health, and I (uh... I mean, we) love you! :))

Well, like i said on the last chapter that i'm gonna write another Minstal to celebrate Minho's birthday. Although this one is not that good, but i hope it could feed your hunger of minstal LOL! Please tell me whether you like it or not on the comment box below and see you on the next chapter~~