Waffle With Simple Syrup

As Sweet As Macaroon

 

 

Autumn was in the middle already.

The messy yellow-ish leaves on the ground made such a nice harmony with the softly blown wind. Everywhere was wet, yet autumn was still everyone's most favorite season after the long-awaited spring, right?

Minho parked his car near a big high-school building. Few people were busy with some filming tools, while the other ones bid goodbye since their job has been finished. The tall guy keep stared at the figure of a beautiful lady in her pale yellow chiffon dress and peachy knitted sweater who's standing in front of the famous actor Lee Minho. Seemed like they were having a nice conversation at the moment.

He chuckled as the lady glanced at him. He waved his hand, then threw his charismatic smile. In a minute, the lady already sat comfortably next to the driver seat.

"Hello," Minho greeted and grabbed her palm. "How's filming?"

"Hi, doctor Choi! Well, fun enough. How about your latest surgery?" Krystal teased, made her boyfriend laughed.

"It went well, Mrs. Choi..."

"I'm a Jung, not a Choi—i mean, not yet."

Minho couldn't help but softly pinched his girlfriend's pinkish cheek. How he missed this beautiful lady. Her signature fruity scent, her milky skin, her angelic voice—he just missed every part of Jung Soojung. They rarely meet before since Minho was busy with Shinee and filming his own drama, so did Krystal with The Heirs.

"Have you eaten?" Minho suddenly spoke.

Krystal shook her head, "not yet. We filmed a lot of scenes today so I had no time to take some foods. Are you hungry?"

"Hm, actually I'm craving for some warm pastries and hot caramel macchiato..."

Krystal smiled and softly tapped her boyfriend's shoulder, "well, just drive this car to the nearest coffee shop, please?"


.
---
.


Less than 20 minutes the couple reached their favorite coffee shop. Warm atmosphere filled inside; the dim lighting, wooden furnitures, few old bookshelves, and acoustic songs were played by an audio player. Minho showed his gentleman personality by pulled a chair for Krystal. Their table was in a perfect position—right beside the clear window so they could see the rain was pouring outside.

"Which one do you want to eat? I'll order it after this.." Minho asked as he put his backpack on the chair.

"Umm, a small cup of vanilla latte and waffle with simple syrup, please?" she answered.

"Okay," Minho smiled while ruffled Krystal's silky hair. "Wait a minute, I'll be back with your precious waffle and vanilla latte."

Krystal just nodded and Minho quickly went toward the cashier. She rested her head against her arm, rain still poured down and she really enjoyed it. Somehow, the sound of rain relaxed her mind after the hectic routine that chased everyday.

She eyed the tall guy who was checking the menu list above. She missed him. No, she really missed him; his deep voice, his gentle touch, his well-mannered personality, even his favorite musk scent. She didn't meet him for two weeks but it felt like years.

I miss you, she thought...

"A small cup of vanilla latte and warm waffle with simple syrup are coming~" Minho came with a tray, then he put the ordered foods and beverages on the table.

A plate of waffle and two almond doughnuts were served along with two cups of vanilla latte and caramel macchiato. Those smelled good and both of them just couldn't wait to eat them.

"Thank you, oppa." Krystal mumbled while grabbed her plate. "Hm, looks delicious..."

"I know right. Oh anyway, it's been a while since our last date," Minho said. "And because right now I eat this one with you, it tastes sweeter."

Krystal laughed. She just couldn't stand the way Minho said such a sweet things like that.

"So, how's filming so far? Looks like you enjoy it so much..." asked Minho while chewed his almond doughnut.

"Like I said, it's fun enough. The co-stars and the crew are so nice just like a family. They treat me very well."

"That's good. How about being a co-star of Lee Minho? He must be very handsome, right?" he said, jealousy clearly showed on his face.

"Of course, Minho oppa is very good looking." Krystal smirked. "Not to mention that he's charming and he's definitely a nice guy."

Minho lazily nodded, "yeah, right. We're having a same name but the Lee must be the most handsome, and charming, and—"

"Ssh, stop it." Krystal suddenly said while fed him with a piece of her waffle. "Take a look at this waffle, it looks plain but I like it because it tastes delicious. So, even though you might be not as charming as Lee Minho, you still the one and only Minho that I love the most."

Minho smiled widely as he heard Krystal said so. He immediately moved next to her seat and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, while Krystal enjoyed that moment by rested her head on her boyfriend's chest.

"I know you love me, Soojung-ah..." Minho softly whispered.

"And I know you love me, too..." she answered.

Minho leaned closer to his girlfriend's face, snuggled his nose with hers then sealed her cherry-flavored lips with a long sweet kiss.