Because of them

Because of them

“Heeeeeeey, blonde!” Yelled tall man who was sitting at the bar. Black eyes of called one turned to him smiling. “I need your phone number. Are you willing to be mine tonight?” Petit guy turned away from him shyly and looking at his trey with empty mugs went away.

“Don't be like that.” Added another, well built, black haired, who was sitting beside previous one. “We're not going to hurt you, it'll be fun.”

Blonde once again came next to them, taking another order. He hated such clients the most. And the worst was that he could do nothing about their stupid comments. He was not allowed to reply bad at them. Otherwise he would be fired right away. And he needed job.

 

Different thing was that any client, no matter how rich or influential, was forbidden to touch him. So the moment he felt hand low on his , his blood boiled. Fortunately the same moment he wanted to react, owner of the hand hissed with pain as his wrist was twisted. “If we can't obey rules, we are not coming here, understood?” Black haired nodded his head, rubbing sore wrist and cursing at walking away guardian.

“Thanks, Dujunnie.” Smiled at him blonde.

“At your service, cutie. That's my job after all.” Smiled back handsome, well build man in black suit and threw last warning look at two culprits at the bar, before going to check different parts of the club.

 

For a few minutes Yoseob could focus again only on his work. But types like those two didn't let go easily.

“What's your name, blonde?” Once again he heard voice of the muscular man and although it wasn’t as light color as at the first time, for the first time in his life he regretted bleaching his hair. He pointed at badge on his chest. “Yoseob... and how old are you, Yoseob?”

“Twenty one.”

Taller man moved on his chair amused. “Kyaa, you are my hyung! I would never guess.. such a cute hyung.”

Black haired looked at him with smiling eyes. “Are you happy, Dongwoon-ah? That you will have fun with two cute hyungs?” Tall one nodded his head smiling and Yoseob felt high irritation on them.

“Are you free tonight, Yoseob-hyung?” Asked youngest with pleading eyes.

“I'm never free.”

Two drunken men made sad faces. “Really? You have someone?”

Blonde rolled his eyes more and more irritated. “Do you think it's possible for someone like me to be alone? Of course I have someone.”

Muscular man looked at him displeased. “Maybe you have.. but somehow I can't believe you, so we just wait until you end. But if you are lying, you know you can't escape.” He smiled at him and Yoseob walked away quite scared. The truth was that he had no one to come for him so late at night.

 

He worked in that night club for three months already and for the first time he had to face so persistent types. Generally everyone respected rules of that place and even when sometimes someone drunk too much and slightly forgot, just one warning was more than enough to remember again. This time however two guys didn't seem like stopping. They were accosting Yoseob at every step he was taking close to them, with inappropriate comment or touch.

 

When they called him once again that night, Yoseob tried to be calm. “How can I help you, again?”

“Leave with us, right now.”

“I'm sorry, right now I'm working.”

Taller suddenly stood up pinning him to table and putting hand on his waist, touching his earlobe with his lips as he whispered to his ear. “Prepare yourself, we'll be waiting.”

Second later Dujun appeared again, showing up like from underground and pulling him off from smaller guy.

“This is my last warning, next time I'm kicking you out of here.”

 

After that Yoseob seriously started to be afraid to finish work. He was supposed to leave earlier than everyone that day and even if he waited for someone, he was just too shy to ask for driving home. He had to think of something else. He went to changing room and took phone from his locker. Looking at contacts in his phonebook desperately tried to find a way. But his head was empty.

 

Finally he gathered all his courage and typed message. Considering it at least twenty times before sending, he pressed 'send' button and put away phone to his pocket. Coming back for work his mind was occupied by one simple thought.

Please don't kill me please don't kill me please don't kill me please don't kill me.

He seemed not to notice again provocative comments of troublesome two as he put even greater danger on himself.

 

When he felt phone vibrating in his pocket, his heart almost jumped out from his chest. He quickly found quiet place and answered it.

“I'm sorry, Jun-ah. Did I wake you up?”

“Yes, but I was not suppose to be sleeping, so don't worry.” Yoseob heard sleepy husky voice of his friend. “Why are you asking me about such things suddenly?”

Now that he talked with him, Yoseob realized how bad his idea was. “There are two terrible guys in here tonight. They said, they'll be waiting for me after work. I'm scared...”

Junhyung sighed on the other side. “Seob-ah you are my best friend, I would always picked you up if you asked but why I must pretend being your boyfriend?”

“Because I told them I have someone because otherwise they would probably drag me out from here instantly and because I need to give them reason to leave me alone, I have to work here few times a week, you know? What if they come back? I can't ask you every time.”

“As long as I'm not working in the morning, what is rather rare, you can.”

“And you are going to play my boyfriend every time?” Asked unbelievingly.

“What for, when I could just bring you from there?”

“But I don't want you to drive me home everyday. I was just fine with myself until now.”

“Ok. I get it, I get it. I can be there tonight but don't expect from me too much...you know I don't like this couple ty stuff..”

“Jun-ah, did I ever expect from you anything?” Man on the other side chuckled.

“Yes, you are mad every time I forgot to close windows before going to sleep.”

“Ya! Don't make me nervous! House needs to be warm when I'm in it.”

“I know...” Sighed. “Let it be, you never expect anything from me.”

“Great. I end at two am so please be half before three because I need to change and everything.”

“, that's really late.”

“Wow, imagine I haven't noticed... Ah~ never mind, I'm counting on you anyway. Now I have to go back to work. We spoke too long already.”

“Ok. Cya soon.”

“Bye.” Yoseob smiled to his phone and put it back. “Hmm, that was surprisingly easy.” He smiled even more to himself ready to repel any attack on his personal space.

 

Rest of his shift passed  rather quickly as he could only focus on how his friend was going to act as his boyfriend. He was well known as the one who doesn’t like to show his feelings. But since he agreed to it, Yoseob decided not to think about it too much. It would be enough for him just not to disagree when they met.

 

Exactly at two am Yoseob left his tray under the bar and took a look around to see if his oppressors were still there. Since they ceased for some time with bothering him he hoped that maybe they already went out. But almost immediately he noticed cuddled two few meters from him. As soon as they noticed him they waved to show they still waiting. So with big sigh blonde left to changing room to return to his casual self.

 

When he showed up again to return keys first thing he noticed was two men heading directly to him. He tensed a bit and hoped that his friend won't stand him out.

"If you want you can wait for me. I can drive you home in about one hour.” Blonde smiled at owner of those words.

“Thanks Dujunnie but I'm not going home alone today.”

“Exactly. Since he's so sure about it I bet he have a boyfriend. Am I right Yoseob-hyung?” Asked tall guy when he and his partner came closer to them. Guardian gave them his best unhappy look but then looked at smaller guy questioningly anyway.

“Really? Why you didn't share it with us? Who is it? Do I know him?” Yoseob didn't know what to do. It was hard for him to admit something like that about his friend, especially when almost everyone there knew Junhyung, but he couldn't deny. He looked at his feet hesitating with answer.

“Tell us Yoseobbie, we all are really curious.” When he heard that muscle man he got mad again.

“Geeze... there's nothing to boast about. It's just Junhyung.” He looked at even more surprised expression of his friend from work.

“That constantly surly and unhappy guy? You don't match each other... “ But when Yoseob got ready to defend their 'relationship', Dujun interrupted again. “Although when you look at it deeper, he is always different for you. So you say, you're together. What a surprise...” He seemed not to notice Yoseob's impatience as he yelled to man who was standing behind the bar.

“Hyunseung-ah! Have you heard our Yoseob finally got himself a boyfriend?”

Girly looking guy looked at them surprised but in the same time happy about news.

“And you never guess who it is...” Hyunseung shrugged shaking his head oblivious.

“It's Junhyung. We need to celebrate this.” Added quieter and dragged smaller boy to the bar.

"What!? The same Junhyung you share your apartment with? He was assuring me he's so straight when I was trying to pick him up on last party” Yoseob looked at their best bartender imploringly. “How you've managed to entrap him? I'm truly amazed”.

It was too late. “Sooo... “ Interrupted black haired guy once again. “Since it looks like that, is it possible you've just lied to us Yoseobbie?” Yoseob only gave his keys to Hyunseung and headed to exit without a word.

“Yoseob, where are you going? Just one drink for your happiness.” He looked at Hyunseung disapprovingly.

“I'll drink with you some other time, when you won't be at work and I truly get myself boyfriend.”

 

He tried to leave calmly but seeing familiar figures following him he could not stand it any longer. “What the hell you want from me!? ing s!” He yelled and no one was able to react as he quickly run from the club.

Just as he felt cool night air on his face he realized they didn't settle meeting place so he had no idea where Junhyung could wait for him. And hearing steps behind his back he knew he can't escape. Fortunately at entrance to backyard where the club was located he saw his friend leaned on car's mask doing something on his phone.

Yoseob only smiled to himself slowing down and catching his breath.

 

As soon as Junhyung heard someone running he looked at that direction to see two guys nearing to his friend.

“Yah! Seob-ah, why are you late? I'm waiting here for almost twenty minutes.” He quickly move in smaller boy direction to see his apologetic smile. And two confused guys standing behind him.

“I'm sorry, Jun-ah. I had some disturbances.” He tried to explain himself when Junhyung reached place where they were standing.

“Never mind. I missed you too much to be mad.”

 

He didn't gave anyone enough time to be surprised by those words as he grabbed lustily Yoseob's neck and pulled him to a kiss that Yoseob has never experienced and probably will never have such chance again. It was so intense four, maybe five seconds, that his heart couldn’t keep up with beating and he felt his whole body warming up immediately. And could do nothing about slight moan of disappointment that he let out when Junhyung withdraw from him.

But as quickly as he was kissed, he realized he was not suppose to show any sign of astonishment. So he just embraced Junhyung and clung to his chest to hug him.

“It was only few hours but I missed you too.” He moved away slightly from him and making use of the fact that other two were standing behind his back he looked at Junhyung's face to read something from his eyes. But they were only looking suspiciously at two strangers.

 

“Who are you anyway?”

“I'm Kikwang” Started muscle man smiling at them. “And this is Dongwoon and we were going to accompany Yoseob on his way home. It's too dangerous going alone in the night.”

Junhyung frowned while encircling his arm around Yoseob's waist and puling him closer.

“Only I am allowed to bring him home. Understood?” He tried to sound clearly so there won't be even tiny space for doubt. And since even Yoseob was able to believe it, he was rather convincing. “We are going back, right, Seob-ah?” He looked at smaller boy and that one only nodded while looking the last time on strangers before letting his 'boyfriend' lead him to his car.

“You don't know what you've just missed, Yoseob.” Tried for the last time Kikwang but the only response he got was Yoseob's sticking tongue before Junhyung pulled him to walk straight.

 

When they reached the car Yoseob quickly got in, relieved that he didn't have to bare Junhyung's embrace any longer. He was thankful because he felt really safe but there was something in his touch that made Yoseob to feel wrong. So he just got in without a word, eyeing the other as he was walking on the other side. He was only able to think normally again when he heard closing driver's door. And saw Junhyung's smirk.

 

“, Junhyung! Why did you do that!?”

“What? I harmed your lips?”

“It wasn’t my first kiss and off from my ity!”

Junhyung laughed looking at him amused.

“You know.. I was always wondering how's that possible that you are working in night club for those rich gays and still are .”

“My intimate matters are my own so please stop wondering about unnecessary things.”

Junhyung chuckled yet for a moment and Yoseob growled enraged.

“Ahhhh~! Why did I like it so much!!!???”

Junhyung glanced at him mischievously and just wanted to say something when someone knocked at Yoseob's window. It were the same two guys from before, now kissing dirtily next to car. The same second he noticed them Junhyung quickly got off from the car, really pissed off.

“Jun-ah! Don't!”

Yelled Yoseob frightened but the other only pointed at him to stay in the car while running after escaping two. Yoseob didn't intend to listen however as he quickly got off as well.

“Junhyung, get back here!” He stopped almost right away turning back with smile and heading back to Yoseob.

 

Blonde came up to him, grabbed hair on the back of his head and whispered frustrated.

“What if they didn't escape? You can't fight, idiot!”

Junhyung looked calmly in his eyes and put his hands on Yoseob's shoulders panting heavily.

“How they could NOT escape? Did you see how scary I was?”

“'You wanted to say 'scared'?”

 

Resigned, trying to get back into the car. But Junhyung's hands grabbed him before he could do so and pinned him to the car's door.

“If they were bothering you so much, you could just call the police.”

“And what I was suppose to tell them? ‘Arrest those erts because they want to me?’ And for sure they would agree with me. They weren’t even too drunk.”

Junhyung sighed and looked back again but there was no one there.

“Back to our conversation. You said that you liked it. It was because it's was kiss that you missed for a long time or because it was me?”

Blonde looked at him resentful.

“Can you even imagine how hard I was trying for all those times we live together to treat you fairly, to look at you ONLY as a friend should, although you always were attractive!? How could you do that to me!? How can you be so cruel?”

Junhyung only smirked and moved closer looking at him with serious face.

“Kiss or me?”

Blonde looked at him confused.

He didn’t understand why he was suddenly like that? Was he testing him? Making sure that Yoseob really treats him as he promised and don't have a crush on him? And what if he does? Was he going to hate on him? Move out from their flat or tell Yoseob to move out?

He bent his head looking on his friend's chest. “Both.”

 

He haven't heard any answer but felt other body clinging to him, face close to his and hand reaching behind his back. His heart for the second time that night started to beat fast and loudly.

“Get in.” Ordered Junhyung when he opened the door and moved away slightly. And blonde looked at him shocked.

 

It took few very long seconds before he was able to move or say something. But as he was going to answer he felt tears in his eyes. He quickly took deep breath and looked at waiting figure before him. “What happened to you today? I'm not going to ask you for anything again so please just take me home this one time and don't talk to me ever again, you sick jerk.”

Eyes of his friend weren't saying anything about what he was thinking.

“Do you think I planned all that just to torture you or something?” He asked with those cold eyes smaller guy knew so well. “No, Yoseob. I just felt like kissing you in that particular second. I couldn't do anything else when I saw you so uneasy with those guys. And I'm still not sure what to think, stupid.”

“Don't call me like that, idiot.” He pushed him away and got in the car before Junhyung could react.

“Yoseob…” But only answer was the sound of closing door.

 

When he got in as well, he looked at his probably former best friend who was stubbornly staring at the windshield.

“I’m going to say it only once and you’ll never hear something like that coming out from my mouth again. Ever.” He hoped that Yoseob will look at him but he was sitting still without movement, with his jammedexpression on which Junhyung wanted to smile, but he knew he shouldn’t. “Would you go on a date with me?”

This time Yoseob looked at him not only surprised but rather shocked.

“What?” Hardly uttered.

“You heard. I’ve said I’m not going to repeat myself.”

“When?” Junhyung smiled slightly thankful to Yoseob for not making it even harder.

“As for me it may be even today.” Blonde grimaced for that proposition.

“I can’t. I have school tomorrow.”

“School can wait, I can’t.”

“Then get lost. Where we’re suppose to go on a date so late at night? Do you even know what a date is? I can’t remember when I was last time on a date and with who… It’s something special, you have to prepare yourself and everything. So you can remember it for the rest of your life.”

Junhyung frowned at him. “You’ve just said you can’t remember your last date.”

Yoseob squinted his eyes trying to kill the other with his look. “So where do you want to go?”

“We could just stay home. Watch some disgusting romantic comedy or something.”

“Yeah and then accidentally you would make me to lose my ity… Thank you very much.”

“I wasn’t going to but if you ask…”

“No!”

“Ok, I give up. If you make up your mind just give me sign. You know where to find me, since we live together… And you know where I work, and you have my number, and e-mail, and all my ids in every messenger I have, and you know where my parents live… So just tell me. Just please do it in this CENTURY!”

Yoseob smiled at him nodding enthusiastically.

“Are we going home now?” Again nodding. “Fasten…”

“I know,  know.”

When Junhyung finally set off Yoseob only put his arms behind his head and through the whole way back he couldn’t stop smiling.

Insistent customers weren’t that bad after all.