Final

Casted To Her

 

A/N: Thank You for giving the story a chance.... Hope you enjoy reading ^ ^

 

 

In the planet known as Earth, under the cities we live, lies a forbidden place for humans to cross. In a certain time, at a certain place, a hidden passage allows the wickedness of creatures to terrorize the human world.

Once the moment approaches, an young boy, Myungsoo, who has spent his life living in the underworld finally gets the opportunity to visit the mysterious mortal world. A world that lies deeply in his curiousity. It was his chance to take advantage, to show the Hybrid what half-bloods are capable of doing.

******

Earth was endless for the undead, those who have been in the upperworld many times still haven’t explored all the places Earth provides. Each immortal was casted away to distinct areas. Hidden chambers, unseen with the human eye, were provided for their stay. They were given the power to speak the native language of those they get casted to. After all that is needed, the vampires were expected to feed and cause harm to the human race. They were able to do anything, all except one rule.  No immortal were to show any signs of affection to those who carry different traits. If so the rule is violated the Hybrids of the Vampire world banishes them to an bottomless chasm, where they were unable to crease the endless fall of eternity.

In a city just at the curve of the Earth, a small town was built. The weather was always gloomy and they were known for their lack of sunlight.

On the outskirts of town lived two families. The Jo's has a precious daughter named Jihyun. She was beautiful and loving but she had a gullible flaw of being in any evidence. That is why their family friend, Lee Byunghun, had to accompany her whenever she walks into town, to keep an eye on strangers who tried to convince her to do the wrongful things.

Every once a year at the same time the town gets new residents, their school enrolls new student who all live under the same roof. It has always been in Jihyun’s curiosity to who those figures were. Although they look like human beings, there’s something very unhuman-like about them. Every part of their skin, was covered with dark clothes, besides their pale, face which was always as white as sugar. They always walked in groups, they were never seen in the cafeteria or in direct sunlight during good weathers.

 

**********

The time had finally come, like a tradition, the students stood in front of the building waiting for the transfer students. They were always in awe once the new kids arrives. Don’t know why but all of them had God-like features. Not one of them had a flaw in their appearance.

The minute Jihyun walked into class he caught her off guard. Her eyes were attracted to an unfamiliar figure. It was unlikely to have a transfer students in her class, they were usually upperclassmen.

She walked towards him with a welcoming smile plastered on her face. She took a deep breath before sitting down beside him.

“You must be a transfer student, I’m Jo Jihyun.” She held her hand out waiting for a response.

The mysterious male turned to her with a cold expression. “I don’t need any distractions.” was all that came out of his mouth. Jihyun scoffed as the rude male rised from his seat and left with his book bag. There was no remorse or guilt towards on his own actions. Jihyun was taken by his boldness and attitude. She sat back and stared at him from afar questioning whether his coldness was his true self or an act he just puts up.

A week has passed and there was no intention of the male student of ever wanting to befriend her. Additionally, Jihyun was afraid, the kind of attitude he had shown was unjust to her, she didn’t want to feel rejection again.

“Jihyun!” Her name was heard from ahead. She looked up and waved at the boy with an eye-smile.

“Are you ready to go?”

She brought her attention back on the mysterious student before giving Byunghun a reply.

“You can go ahead, I have some homework to turn in.” Jihyun’s voice caught Myungsoo's attention, he listened from afar as they carried on the conservation.

“I can wait if you want?”

“No, it’s not needed, you go first.”

“Promise you’ll be careful?” Byunghun’s voice turned serious as he carefully sounded out every word.

“I’ll pay extra attention to my surroundings.”

He showed a mere smile before bidding goodbye.

Once he left the classroom, Jihyun shot a look at the transfer student making sure he was still there, which he was. So far her plan was working properly.

When the new transfer student took his exit Jihyun followed behind. She was going to find out who they were no matter what consequences it led to. Her determination was strong whenever her curiosity got the best of her.

While following the student, she came face to face to an unfamiliar building. She had been in this part of town many times but the old looking building had never been in view. She stood back in awe of the beautiful sight. Without knowing, the male entered the metal doors. Before having it close, she hastily ran towards it. With a small gap she slipped through, within a second her attention was caught on the amazing lighting and unique furnitures.

As she wandered around the front room, there was bickering ranting from upstairs, catching her attention as it grew louder and louder.  

“What are you doing here?” His cold voice caught her off guard as she turned towards him. “You must leave, now. It’s not safe.” He gripped her waist before she was able to speak up. In a blink of an eye he pushed her out slamming the door shut.

“What’s his problem?” She murmured to herself as she stepped off the front porch.

Since it was close to winter season, the sky was quickly getting darker. The cold breeze hit her bare face as she find her path home.

Myungsoo stood against the door when the words from the girl’s previous conversation recited in his head.

“Promise you’ll be careful?”

“I’ll pay extra attention on my surroundings.”

Her friend was right, a girl walking alone was never a good idea especially when there are blood ers lurking in the dark in search of blood.

He frustratedly ruffled his hair as his better side took the best of him. Myungsoo immediately lunged out the door and searched for the lonely girl who introduced herself as Jihyun. There was nothing in sight, he concentrated as he gave his ears the chance to work their magic. He closed his eyes and listened to the sound around him, even the slightest movement were able to attract his attention.

There was a result of shifting up a head. He faced the direction and speed towards the sound before anything else can get to her.

There she was, shivering under the cold night. He huffed a big sigh, relieved that she was safe. Although the appetizing girl smelled tasty once the wind blew her scent towards him, he found the courage to put it aside and followed her closely.

The fear Jihyun felt was indescribable, every little sound made her flinch. She knew she wasn’t paranoid when she made out very light footsteps from behind.

She gripped onto her bag trying to take a peek at the stranger behind. She gulped down her saliva before she swung her bag, twirling herself along with it, but accidentally fell into his embrace. She stared at him with wide eyes before pulling away.

“It was you?”

“If you were going to use that as a weapon, then swing it properly.” After those cold words his expression changed. “Someone might mistaken you for wanting a hug.”

She narrowed her eyes at him, confused in his sudden change of attitude.

“Why are you here? Go back before I distract you too much.” She replied coldly.

“How were you able to see the chamber?” he asked, completely ignoring her previous question.

“Did you come all the way to ask me that? I don’t know why,” Jihyun turned back around continuing her way home. Her eyes darted to the corner as the footstep continued. “Are you going to follow me all the way home?” She questioned. Silence was all she received. Her instincts were to look back and to her surprise he was still there. Although the whole walk was in dead silent she was safe by being in Myungsoo's supervision.

Before knocking on the door Myungsoo made his way up to her. He gazed at her as she stares back in his luring brown orbs. His compelling method began: “This walk was all a thought, it never happened. After I leave, you will never bother or think of me again.”

The words he spoke was mainly to cause confusion to her, so she wouldn’t be able to make out what was real and what was surreal. It wasn’t his attention to harm her it was for her own good, being on good terms with a vampire ruins reputations.

“Jihyun, you’re home!” Her mom’s voice fills her ears as she got pulled into a embracing hug causing her to draw her eyes away from the male’s. “Where have you been? Did you come home alone?”

She shook her head slowly turning back to the place she was facing but all that was there was an unexisting figure.

“You’re home safe that’s all that matters. Come in sweetie.” She pulled her in and got her warm by placing her near the fireplace.

Jihyun's mind automatically went off to the mysterious male, who seems to have double personalities, a bit bipolar. One second he’s cold and another he cares.

After all that time spent, she was still unable to ask for his name or any other information. What can he be hiding?

Somehow Myungsoo had a feeling that the compelling spell doesn’t work on her, if she was able to see the chamber with her own pair of human eyes then no vampire power could be used against her. It was rare to see this sort of power from a mortal, so he has heard. From all the gossip spreading around the underworld Myungsoo has never heard of any human rejects.

She was different from other mortals, which triggered a new curiosity for Myungsoo.

Everyday throughout the winter he paid close attention to the girl that catches his eye everytime she walks into his view.  He felt the urge to protect her from danger. He always would find the courage to sneak out of the chamber and find the little house just outside the town. Whenever he senses her presence the happiness, that he has never felt before, takes over his body. It was difficult to fight through such positive emotions. Although he knew he was breaking the rule, he decided to not think about that anymore. He’s going to think and worry later, right now he’s just going to do it before the Hybrids banishes him.

Whether it was during school or after, his plans to talk to her always backfires. The so-called friend of hers always gets in his way. A rush of disdain rushed through his body, the hatred of seeing another male’s presence near her brought anger to him.

*******

As days passed it got closer to the date he had to depart from the face of Earth. His one month of stay was almost over but all he cared about right now was spending the last few days with Jihyun. As for Jihyun her determination of figuring him out has disappeared, she found him to be a flawless human being. The two showed much affection for each other but there was never any skin shipping. Even though Jihyun seemed to accept whoever or whatever he is, Myungsoo was always very careful to not make contact with her skin. That meant he couldn’t hold her hands, hug her or even give her a peck on the forehead. There were many time when the reminder slipped out of his head, he would open his arms out for a goodbye hug but then stop his actions leaving Jihyun confused or reach for her hands but then pull back when he rethinks what consequences it led to. Besides those problems everything worked out perfectly, they communicated with no difficulties and Myungsoo always had a watchful eye on Jihyun to keep her out of danger.

It all came to an end when the 25th day of his visit began.

Myungsoo thirsted for blood and decided to go hunting during dawn of the following day. He had hunted in the same place at the same time twice every one week. He knew it was a safe place since no one steps foot into those woods early in the morning, or so he thought.

Myungsoo was busy the blood out of an adult deer he had just freshly hunted. Although animal blood wasn’t as powerful as human blood, he had taught himself to get use to it for Jihyun’s sake. Harming her would bring hatred towards himself for eternity, he would never forgive his own actions if she was harmed.

Just before he was able to wash off the blood stain on his face he came directly face to face with Byunghun. They stood on opposite sides of the river. Myungsoo felt the urge to jump across and compel him to forget everything he saw but he thought it would be a good way to tell Jihyun about his true self. He knew Byunghun would go to her first with this big of a news, why not see how things turn out. Myungsoo disconnected the eye contact as he kneeled down to wash his face clean with water. When he looked up the lad was gone.

“Jihyun, Jihyun!” The young boy ran through every hallway of the school trying to find his friend.

Just outside the garden, she was seated next to the bamboos. He ran towards her before stopping to gasp for air.

“What’s wrong Byunghun?” She stood up with worry scattered all over her face.

“M-Myungsoo, he’s n-not human.” He answered in between pants.

“Than what is he?”

“A vampire.” His accusation was bravely let out, he knew what he saw and what he saw was definitely not human. She looked at him before bursting out in laughters. His words were too false to be true, anyone would take it as a joke. “ Hajima, it’s not a joke.”

Just then the immortal Myungsoo walked out from the trees and made his way slowly towards his love, who’s soon to be the person who hates him the most. What human being can love a Vampire?

“Ask him then.” Byunghun pointed at him with disgust in his eyes.

“Myungsoo,” The sweetness of her voice echoed in his head, the brightness of her smile teared his eyes as he stared at her without a greeting. The pain of missing her was inevitable, every minute without her was hard, how would you expect him to live in an endless hole knowing he had no chance of seeing her again.

“Tell her what a monster you are!” Byunghun’s high pitched voice made Jihyun flinched when all Myungsoo did was gaze at her. “Tell her!”

“Myungsoo what is he talking about?” She looked up, her worried eyes finally met his sad ones. They stood in silence looking into each others soul.

“Jihyun, he can’t be trusted! He won’t tell-”

“I’m a vampire.” Myungsoo's confirmation came straight out with ease, he couldn’t hide it any longer but on the inside everything stopped as he waited for her response. He shocked Byunghun with his bravery as he too directed his attention to the worldless girl.

Jihyun knew Myungsoo would never joke around. She believed him instantly despite being gullible. She didn’t know whether to be mad or acceptable, one thing for sure she wasn’t close to being scared. Jihyun knew how much he cared for her, it was the same way reversed. If she was a target he would’ve drained her blood when he got the chance. She looked up to him with expressionless eyes but before she was able to choke something out she was pulled to her friend’s side.

“Stay away from her!” Myung hun demanded as he pulled her into a tight embrace and walked away.

“He’s dangerous Jihyun, you can’t see him anymore. Please for my sake, I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

Myungsoo listened from a far unable to get an answer from Jihyun herself.

She unknowingly nodded her head in respect to make her friend satisfy with what he wanted as an answer, but deep down she didn’t want to let go of the only person she felt strongly connected to.

******

Myungsoo was unable to see her for the past four days. No one answered when he knocks on her front door, she was unseen at school and around town. It’s like she just disappeared from the face of Earth.

On the last day of his visit, he had exactly 5 hours before departing back to the underworld. He skipped school to run around the whole town again and again until he was able to find Jihyun.

There she was, after 5 runs he stopped and stood outside the window of a convenience store while she was inside waiting for her turn at the check out counter. His anger roses at the sight of Byunghun next to her. He saw her smile for the first time in days, although he was cold-blooded his insides warmed up from such a flawless sight. Myungsoo took a step closer questioning whether it was the right choice.

As the bell on the door rung the two friends turned their attention to the customer. Jihyun's eyes gleamed at the sight, there he was as perfect looking as ever. She was glad he had found her.

Byunghun's expression changed immediately as he tightened his grip on Jihyun's arm.

“I told you to stay away!”

“Jihyun I want to apologize.” Myungsoo slowly made his way towards her while drowning out the unwanted voice.

“Don’t listen to him, it’s all lies.” Byunghun's opinionated words caught everyones attention, why was he so against Myungsoo as a vampire?

“Byunghun wait here.” She ordered him without leaving her eyes off of Myungsoo’s presence.

They went outside to the garden before Byunghun could reject.

“I’m leaving today,” He’s voice came out weak but he continued as he reached for her warm hands with his ice cold ones. “It’s okay if you choose to not forgive me, but I want to reconcile our relationship. I don’t want to leave without knowing I didn’t have you as a friend.” His words synced into her mind and all she did in response was to give the first and last hug they will share together.

“Will I see you again Myungsoo?” He nodded into her neck hoping himself that someday it will happen. “Promise?”

“Promise.”

He pulled out from the hug and gave her a goodbye kiss on her warm forehead. Before she could open her eyes the cold arms wrapped around her waist vanished, the tall figure was no longer with her on this very planet.

*****

In order for Myungsoo to get out of the banishment, the Hybrids themselves had to completely erase his memories from his entire trip. He never stepped foot on Earth, never met a human being and most importantly he never met Jo Jihyun. The one and only girl he fell for no longer lingers in his thoughts. Jihyun is the only one who’s left with the memories they both shared. She was now in a unrequited love.  

He closed his eyes as the Hybrids formed a circle around him.They worked their powers all at once taking no longer than 3 minutes. Once Myungsoo opened his eyes, the last thing he remembers was watching the other vampires get casted away.

Jo Jihyun was no longer a name he knew.



 

A year later...

Myeongdong was where Myungsoo was casted to. His first steps on Earth was unforgettable, seeing the real world for the first time was breathtaking. He walked down the street when a convenient store caught his attention. It was decorated differently than all the other stores. Directly in front of it was a beautiful garden, though it was oddly familiar to him. Was it in a dream, or was it his imagination from the stories his relatives told when they came back from their Earth trip.

He swung the door open while looking up as the bell caught his attention. A smile played on his lips before his gaze led to the line of people.

 

 



 

“Myungsoo?”

 

The End