Chapter 2

X and Y

 

3 months has passed and we started to hang out. Not dating, i never thought i got the chance. I did learn many things about her. I've seen her worst and her best. I admired her for how up front, strong she is, how her personality could simply describe the perfect definition of a modern woman. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't. She reminded me of someone i used to know, myself. I saw her, i saw the reflection of unrebuilt version of me in her, it just seemed like i was trapped in a woman's body. Carefree, frosty demeanor, when actually she's just tired of having too much on her shoulders.
 
 
 
"Hey just for your information, i cry sometimes." "Well aren't you a crybaby." "Are you?"
There's about 10-second gap before she answered "Enlighten me, please?"
I started the fire, i got her mad for cornering her, making her believe that it's okay for being weak because it doesn't really matter if you know when to get up.
"You want people to have pity on you? You don't let people know your weaknesses. You cover it" "Agreed. But you trusted people, they let you down, doesn't mean you need to stop trusting everybody, pushed them away. For a starter, stop thinking this world ing owes you." Sounded harsh, i should have tasted it before spilled it out to her. She looked shock but still managed to look calm, more like emotionless, and keep her voice steady "Oh buddy, no i didn't. They left. The cases are always the same, because i couldn't be the one they wanted me to be. The true self-defense is when you let people think they know you when they actually don't. End of discussion. Ps:  if you're trying to impress me, showing how much you care about me oh don't bother. Caring is a move" 
 
 
 
She is damaged goods. She's so good at covering, avoiding, ignoring things. I've been through the same phase and sue me, those are the thieves of happiness. It sounds lame as hell but i dont want to see her unhappy. Not even once.