Sparks of Doubt

Good-Bye Baby
                                                                             + + SoAh’s P.O.V + +
 
I was stood in the kitchen, cooking dinner. Donghae wasn’t home from classes yet, but I suppose it’s because he went out with his classmates for a bit. I didn’t have any problem with him doing that, but we hardly spend any time together lately because he’s never at home.
The dinner finally finished cooking and I looked at the time. It was soon to be 10pm and he still wasn’t back. I set the table and just as I finished the front door opened and Donghae came in with his shoulders hunched and tired looking eyes. I sighed and he looked at me. A small smile graced his lips as he pulled me into his embrace.
“Hae, you look so tired; where have you been?” I queried him as I ran my fingers over his cheek affectionately. He held my hand that was on his cheek and placed a sweet kiss on my palm.
“I was with Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun for a bit” he revealed and lent his forehead on mine. I should’ve guessed that he was with them. I chuckled and Donghae placed his lips to mine; I had been waiting for a kiss from him all day.

 

Donghae and I don’t get a lot of alone time between classes; we’re both with our own friends, then he goes out when I go home. Sometimes I worry what he gets up to when he’s with his friends; I don’t know what Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun get him to do. They are probably different than what I know them to be like in College.
Donghae pulled away from me and I sighed inside. We both sat down at the table and began to eat the dinner that I had made. No words were exchanged over dinner and I was a bit disappointed. After not seeing each other all day I would’ve thought he’d have some things to tell me, but clearly he must have had a tiring day and has nothing to share.

 

After dinner we both went into our living room to watch the TV. Donghae sat down and I sat beside him. I didn’t want to act too affectionate if he didn’t want it. He glanced at me and patted his lap, motioning for me to lie down. A smile appeared on my face as I lay down and placed my head on his lap. His fingers ran through my hair soothingly as we watched TV.
I felt my eyes start to close and I sighed. Should I fight away the tiredness or succumb to it? I wanted to spend more time with Donghae, but he clearly didn’t think the way I did.
“If you’re tired then go to bed Jessica” Donghae said to me and I sighed in defeat. Wait- what did he just say? My eyes shot open and I stared at him in disbelief.
“What did you just say?” I asked him unsurely and he looked down at me with a calm smile on his face.
“I said go to bed SoAh” he clarified and I sigh escaped my lips. “You were nearly asleep” he informed me and I frowned. I stood up and left him to watch TV as I went to bed.

 

In the bedroom I sat down and ran my fingers through my hair. Did he really just called me Jessica or was I just hearing things? He said I was nearly asleep but I had only just shut my eyes, so I wouldn’t have been that close to sleep that I imagine things. I yawned and decided to leave this situation until the next day. I got ready for bed in black shorts and a white vest top before climbing into bed to sleep.
I didn’t get to sleep before Donghae entered the room. He stripped down to just his boxers and climbed in bed behind me. As he did that I remembered when he used to cuddle up to me and keep me warm, but now; nothing. No kiss goodnight, no hug. It’s like he has completely changed in the past month or so.
I shut my eyes; I wanted to escape to a cheerful dreamland until the morning comes and I have to go back to reality.

 

The next morning I awoke to the sound of our alarm clock blaring in my ear. We both had to get up for classes but I knew we had a couple of minutes to spare. I opened my eyes and looked up at the cute and sleepy face of Donghae. My body shuffled closer to him and I lay my hand on his chest. A sigh of annoyance escaped his lips and he moved my hand away from his body. I stared at him as he got out of bed and went to wash up. What’s wrong with him? I scoffed as I sat up in bed. Not one work spoken or a morning kiss. What a moody bastard.

 

Immediately after Donghae was dressed he left for college. Why didn’t he talk to me? I’m his girlfriend for a reason; if he continues to treat me like this, I won’t stand for it. He must be on his man-period; I chuckled to myself as I finished washing up.

I walked to my wardrobe and searched for clothes to wear that day. I settled on some dark blue jean shorts, a white vest top and a baggy white blouse that I partially tucked into my shorts. I did my hair and then grabbed my bag and black dolly shoes before leaving the apartment and heading to college for the day.

 

I had my headphones on as I walked to college and listened to 2NE1’s ‘Hate you’. My thoughts flashed to last night, when Donghae called me Jessica. I was definitely sure that I had no imagined it. I was nowhere near sleep, so I would have known what he said to me when he spoke. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see if he makes the same mistake again.
“SoAh” I heard someone shout my name and stopped walking. I looked behind me and noticed Eunhyuk running up to me with Kyuhyun following slowly behind. I smiled at the two of them as they reached me and stopped.
“Hey guys,” I said and we carried on walking to college. I felt like this was the time to talk to them about what went on last night when they were out. “Ermm, what did you guys do last night?” I quizzed the two of them. They both seemed to think for a little while before looking back at me.
“I was playing Starcraft” Kyuhyun grinned and yawned straight after. Obviously he had played for too long. Eunhyuk patted the younger guy’s shoulder and looked at me.
“I was at home, I had to practice for a dance battle” he smiled childishly and I nodded. So none of them were with Donghae; but why did he lie; maybe because he was with someone else?

 

Eunhyuk seemed to notice me zone out and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I looked up at him and smiled slightly. His blonde hair draped over one of his eyes and shone brightly under the sunlight. He’d only recently dyed it, but I instantly loved it. He caught me looking at him and side hugged me tightly.

“I really love your new hair, Eunhyuk Oppa” I ran my fingers through it and he seemed shocked by my sudden actions. What the hell am I doing? I’m with Donghae; I can’t be hitting on his friends even though he could be cheating on me. “Eunhyuk, does Donghae know someone called Jessica” I questioned and he stopped walking and looked at me.  “I only wonder because he called me Jessica last night and then said I was imagining it” I frowned and he chuckled at my expression.

“I’m sure it’s nothing SoAh” he comforted me and I smiled and wrapped my arm around his waist.

 

We entered the college and Donghae came up to us. He moved Eunhyuk’s arm from around me and pulled me into a hug. Eunhyuk looked down to the floor and I looked up at Donghae.
“What’s wrong with you?” I asked him and he looked confused. “You didn’t say a word to me this morning and you called me Jessica yesterday. You weren’t even with these two last night” I pulled away from him in disgust and he sighed at me.
“SoAh…” he led off but I turned away from him. I looked at Eunhyuk and smiled.
“I’ll speak to you later” I told him and hugged him and Kyuhyun before going to find my other friends. What a liar? I can’t believe he lied to my face like that.

 

I walked down the corridor towards our lockers, and my friends, Fei, Jia, Min and Suzy, were waiting for me by them. Suzy noticed me approaching them and ran up to me excitedly.
“SoAh,” She squealed happily and engulfed me in a bear hug. I hugged her back before pulling away. Suzy was always so happy; I don’t know how she does it but it always makes me smile.
The other three came over and all hugged me as well, but they stopped when I let a sigh slit out. Fei and Jia shot me worried looks but I waved them off.
“What would you do if someone called you by the wrong name?” I questioned them and they stayed silent. “Donghae called me Jessica last night and then said that I was just hearing things” I explained and they all frowned.
“We knew he wasn’t good for you, but you didn’t listen” Fei fumed in anger. She is very over protective of all of us and doesn’t like it when we are hurt or sad.
“SoAh, you’re not gonna stay with him are you? He clearly is more interested in this Jessica girl” Jia spoke but I shook my head. “He doesn’t pay you any attention” she argued but I calmed her down.
“Relax, I’m gonna stick with him for a bit longer and see what happens.” I reasoned and they all looked disappointed. I smiled reassuringly and hugged them all.
 
 
 
the next part will be out later on...please enjoy

Please subscribe and comment... :)