My Love is like a Star

★Stars in a Jar★

Demi Lovato- My Love is like a Star 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS5Sr-LLES4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Minho was reading a newspaper when his eyes were suddenly blocked by a hand.

“Guess who~~~”

Minho chuckled and placed his hands on top of Byeol’s. “I’m not sure, who is it?” She leaned on the side and grinned as she opened up her hands, “It’s me!”

She backed hugged him as he held onto her hands. “Do you know what day it is today?” she whispered in his ears.

“Hm…it’s not my birthday and it’s not your birthday,” he thought. “Is it your mother’s birthday?”

Byeol released her arms and frowned, “Yah! How could you forget?”

“Forget what? I don’t have any important appointments do I?” Minho asked.

Byeol’s frown deepened and she walked away, “Forget it! I’m going to work!” Minho winced as he heard the door slam. He gave a soft chuckle, “Of course I remember, it’s our 5th anniversary.”

 

Byeol’s anger radiated off of her as she typed up her report. Her co-workers glanced at her once in a while, afraid she would explode.

“Yah, Byeol, calm down before you scare the workers away,” Kibum said.

“How can he forget? It’s our 5th anniversary and he forgot! He never forgot the other 4 anniversaries, how could he forget this one?” Byeol muttered angrily.

“Well you know boys, they get bored easily. Maybe he moved on with another girl?” he said.

Byeol stopped typing and glared at him, “Yah! Are you trying to make me feel worse?”

He shrugged, “I’m your best friend. Honesty is the best policy.”

Byeol scoffed as she continued her work. Her phone buzzed as she checked the caller. Lee Minho <3

She declined the call and continued typing until her phone buzzed again. This time, it was a message.

Byeolie~~~

Are you still angry with me? Of course I remember what today is. It’s our 5th anniversary~~~~

To make it up to you, how about a dinner at your favorite restaurant? I’ll meet you there at 8 ^^

-Minho

Byeol couldn’t help but grin at his message. Kibum noticed her smile and scoffed, “Girls, they get happy at the littlest things.” Byeol ignored him as she hugged her phone *I can’t wait until 8!*

 

Minho had reserved the entire restaurant to themselves that night. He quickly made some adjustments and made sure the waiters came out at the right time and the musicians played the correct music. He sighed and checked his watch, 7:48 PM. *She should almost be here by now* He sat down by the seat and took a deep breath and patiently waited.

Minho checked his watch again, 8:49 PM. He sighed as he looked outside the window in hopes to see Byeol but she wasn’t here. *Maybe she went home to shower and dress up*

“I’m sorry sir, but we have to close down,” the manager said. Minho checked his watch again, 10:38 PM. Minho sighed, *I guess she is still mad at me* He nodded and apologized to the waiters and musicians.

He left the restaurant and sadly walked home. He continued to walk when he passed by another restaurant.

“There was an accident down at Seoul at around 7:34 PM. A young lady was the victim to a hit and run case. Her name is Park Byeol.”

Minho immediately stopped walking as he felt his heart drop like an anchor. He looked up at the TV and Byeol’s profile was displayed.

“She was immediately rushed to the Seoul hospital. The police are solving the mystery. As for now, we would like to condolences the family of Byeol’s. As for the next news-“

Minho’s feet immediately ran towards the hospital. His lungs longed for air but he didn’t stop as he ran as fast as possible. He kept chanting in his head *Please be alive. Please be alive. Please be alive*

He ran into the hospital but was stopped by a nurse. “Excuse me, please do not run.”

“I need to see Park Byeol, I’m her boyfriend,” he quickly said as his eyes searched around the hospital.

“I need your ID and your signature over here,” she said as she handed him a piece of paper. He quickly signed it and handed her his ID.

“She’s in room 108,” she said.

Minho quickly turned to the right and looked left and right. 087. 092. 106. He stopped when he reached the door. 108. His hands shook as he reached towards the door knob. He tightly held onto the door knob before turning it. Cool wind whipped across his face as he entered the room.

A doctor looked up, “Are you a guardian of Byeol?”

“Yes,” said, his voice shaking. The doctor bowed, “I’m sorry, but she didn’t make it here in time.”

Minho stared at the white bed. His knees unbuckled as he fell on the floor. Tears slipped out of his eyes and dropped onto the floor.

Byeol lay on the bed, her face pale as the bed sheet. Her eyes were closed and she remained still. Her lips were dry and cracked. Dry blood was smeared all over her body and face. Her clothes were half torn and her leg looked misplaced.

“Byeol…” Minho whispered.

“We found this in her purse,” he said as he handed him a bag. The doctor gave another small bow and left the room.

Minho couldn’t stop crying as he stared at your state. “I’m sorry Byeol. I’m really sorry.”

-2 years later-

He was cleaning out the apartment when he came across a box. Byeol was written on top. He opened it and memories began to flood in as he saw familiar objects such as her phone, photos, her purse, jewelry. He stared at the navy blue bag that had not been touched since the accident.

He had tried so hard for 2 years to forget about her. But today, it was that day. He grabbed the bag and left the house. He got into his car and drove off, away from the city.

He stopped his car by an empty lot. He got out and began to walk up towards the small hill. When he arrived, he quietly kneeled at the grave stone.

“Byeolie, how are you?” he said. “…It’s been 2 years now. I’m sorry I haven’t come to see you…I wasn’t brave enough. I was a coward because-“ his voice cracked as he tried to hold back his tears. “Because I was the reason why you are here, at this state. It’s all my fault…I’m sorry. I know, you might not forgive me but…”

A gentle wind blew towards him and his tense body relaxed against the breeze. It was as if Byeol was here, drying his tears.

He sniffled and gave a weak smile, “I brought your gift. I thought, maybe we can open it together,” he said. He took a deep breath as he took out a card.

It was pastel pink. Hearts were decorated all over the card. On the front, Minho was printed. His hands shook as he opened the card.

“Minho~~~

I’m not mad at you, I was just upset! Don’t you dare forget our anniversary again, okay? I won’t forgive you next time!

But here it is, your anniversary gift! I spent a lot of time doing this, so appreciate it, okay? :3

Minho gently took out a box and began to slowly open it. His eyes widened when his skin made contact with something solid and cold. He took out a glass jar. Inside were tons of stars. Inside was another card. He opened it and read it.

“My love's like a star

You can't always see me

But you know that I'm always there

When you see one shining

Take it as mine and remember I'm always near”

-Byeol

P.S. Open the stars ^^

Minho uncapped the jar as he took a small neon green star. He began to unfold the star as he read the message inside.

“Today is the day of our anniversary~ He’s taking me out to dinner. Excited!!” -12/25/13

Another tear slipped from his eyes as he unfolded another star.

“Minho got me a navy blue dress today, I love it! Thank you!”-3/7/11

“Minho took me out on a date! We went to a restaurant called, Golden Love” -2/14/12

“Minho celebrated my birthday with me and took me to Lotte World!”-8/28/11

“It’s almost five years since we first dated…”-12/20/13

“Merry Christmas Minho! I love you! <3”-12/25/12

He continued opening every single star, each holding a memory. Each holding a heart-felt message. Each holding a piece of Byeol.

Minho couldn’t stop his tears this time. He let his tears fall after holding them in for 2 years.

“Byeol,” he whimpered as he continued to cry. He looked up towards the sky and saw thousands of stars above.

But one star stood out more; it was the largest and brightest of them all. It twinkled.