Chapter 1 - Our Journey Begins!

Like a Starlight

“Did you remember your passport this time hunny?”

“Ye umma….” Jae In answered through her headset as she ran around her apartment packing the last things before her and her best friends Hee Yeon’s trip to Paris.

“Oh Umma ~ I have another call, gotta’ go! I’ll call you later”
“Araso ~ be careful and have a safe trip!”
With this they ended they hour long talk ~ only for Jae In to pick up yet another call.

“Yoboseyo?”
 “Oh Unni! It’s Hee Yeon!”
“ANNYEONG!” Jae In ended up screaming off excitement ~ realizing that their journey would start very soon.
“I’m on my way over to you know ~ I tried to escape my parents talk earlier, but failed” Hee Yeon said as she laughed slightly.
“It’s okay” Jae In answered and chuckled, “I’ll see you soon then! ~ The door is open, so just come in when you arrive!”
“Ye’! See ya’!”

*knock knock*
Jae In turned around ~ it was Hee Yeon, she was standing in the doorway swinging a plastic bag back and forth
“Is this what I think it is?!” Jae In asked, Hee Yeon nodded “HAPPY HOUR!” Jae In screamed happily.

The hours passed as Jae In and Hee Yeon sat and chatted over a couple of drinks ~ their journey was about to begin, and both were just as excited to explore Paris, shop till they drop, and un top of that, they would finally be able to see VIXX live again.

It was finally time for them to leave the apartment; both got dressed in their finest jackets and blazer, and fixed their make-up before leaving.

The got out of the apartment complex, silently they looked at each other, then looked straight cool and smoothly they took on their sunglasses, even though it was past 11PM and completely dark outside, and then they walked down to the train station.

They spend most of their train-ride watching VIXX’s music videos, VIXX’s MTV Diary, and other fun clips with VIXX.

It was late at night now, and for the last half of the train-ride, Jae In and Hee Yeon fell asleep, but just a few stations before the airport, a group of people came in. They were all drunk and talking loudly, causing every sleeping person in the train to wake up. All the once sleeping passengers looked annoyed at the new group of people.

“People are sleeping” one of the drunk girls said.
“Doesn’t matter we’ll just wake them!” another one respectlessly replied. And so they did. Not by shaking people, but by their loudly and constant annoying talking.

Two stops before the airport, the drunken group left, but just as the train left the station they came running. They realized they had left the train at the wrong station that they needed to go to the next station. But it was too late now; the train had left the station.

Hee Yeon and Jae In looked at each other, and bursted out laughing. Even though it was a bit loud, the rest of the passengers couldn’t help smiling and trying to keep themselves from laughing as well.

Within a few hours they were finally on the plane to Paris.
Thanks to their parents contacts they were flying first class, and they were indeed enjoying it.

Before reaching their final destination they had a 6 hours lay-over in Moscow. After exiting their current flight, Jae In and Hee Yeon went up on an adventure shopping in the airport. After 2 hours of exploring and shopping they headed up to the lounge to relax.

They spotted a Starbucks Café and went straight over there to refill their batteries.
They sat down in a silent and cozy couch area. Jae In and Hee Yeon chit-chatted about their trip and the concert, while sipping to their coffees.

Jae In suddenly stopped their conversation, “We should practice our French!” she suddenly blurted out.

Both coming from highly educated families, they both were fluent in several languages, as English, French, Japanese, Chinese and Spanish.

Jae In’s birthday was coming in a few days, and she and Hee Yeon planned what they should do on that day, to celebrate her birthday.

Hee Yeon nodded, and both continued their conversation in French.

Suddenly their cozy area got interrupted, as a group of people sat down in the couches besides them.

Hee Yeon stopped speaking, her jaw dropped and stared at the new arriving people, she discretely as she could, pointed towards the newcomers.
Jae In looked to her side, she gasped for air.