Fanfiction

Author-nim


“The things I do for love…” Key sighed as he entered the SHINee dorm after his midnight date with the Infinite vocals. “So you had fun?” Onew asked the Diva who nodded and gave his hyung a big hug and handed him a box of his favorite treat. “Thanks for covering for me hyung! You and Sunggyu hyung are the best!”Key uttered and gave his hyung a kiss on the cheek before going to his bedroom to change into some pajamas and clean his Diva face. Onew shook his head and smirked at the love sick member before enjoying his treat.

Onew sure doesn’t know why Key was this eager to sneak out and do the impossible for Woohyun but he just shrugged the thoughts off as he watched some crappy drama on re-run. A sappy clichéd love story was playing and he could puke at the cheesiness of the story. After the disgusting plot, he decided to just turn to MTV and enjoy his chicken.

The MV being played was familiar to him, it’s one of his recently favored MV’s and he sat more comfortably as his eyes were glued on the screen. He found himself bobbing his head to the beat and singing along with the chorus. He was enjoying the song much to his own surprise. When the song ended, he had his chicken consumed and a satisfied grin plastered on his face. He turned off the TV and cleaned up before heading to bed.

**
One weekend, Onew peeked at the Diva’s room and looked at the member hunched in front of the laptop and typing as fast as he could. Onew raised an eyebrow as he read the words being typed on the screen.

“Do you like me like I do? Key asked Woohyun, tears evident in his eyes.” Onew read out loud which surprised the typing member. “Hyung! You scared me!” He remarked, taking in deep breaths to steady his racing heart . “What are you doing?” Onew asked and Key explained that he was writing fanfictions since the number of WooKey shippers were almost negligible compared to OnKey, JongKey, Minkey and TaeKey. “They pair me up with Taemin, can you believe that?” Key said, pointing at the list of Popular Key pairing.  “So because there’s little fiction on your pair, you are writing one?”Onew asked, trying to sound logical at the weirdness of the situation. “Yeah, things I do for love. There are about 25 subscribers for this WooKey story so I’m trying to please the rare audience that I have.” Key remarked and Onew nodded. Ï can’t believe you are writing fanfictions. And I thought Minho reading them was weird already.” Onew said and Key gave him a glare. “Like you’re not reading them. Come on hyung!” Key rolled his eyes and Onew just smiled. “Why would I read fanfictions when I’m being paired up with chickens?”Onew replied and Key smiled like a little devil. “so you are reading them.” Key teased and Onew just sighed and left the room.

He entered his room and took out is laptop. He opened a web browser and typed in the following key words Onew OTP fanfiction. The search was fruitful, though the top hits were, you guessed it right, Onew and Chicken. “Why are they pairing me up with chicken? I’m perfectly normal you know.” Onew said as he scrolled down the page. A particular title caught his attention and decided to check it out. He read the story and huge smile was plastered on his face. He scrolled down further and read the comments.

Author-nim thank you! That was so adorable..

Onew’s face was brighter than before as the comments were stating how cute the story was and how Onew was adorable. He wondered if there were more similar stories so he typed the key word OnGyu. The search returned a handful of adorable fanfictions and Onew was somehow craving for more of the fluff. He sighed as he read the last story,  10 Ongyu stories? That’s it? Onew was frustrated at how little his fanfictions were with the infinite leader. “Maybe because we don’t interact much.”Onew consoled himself and left his room to fetch a glass of water.

Returning to his room, he sighed once more as he closed his browser and decided to just watch some videos on Youtube. He was watching some MV’s when a particular link caught his eye. Trailer: The Ends of the World OnGyu Fanfiction. The video was a mash up of BTD and Lucifer cuts and the captions gave the impression that Sunggyu and Onew where in a twisted fate where their clans where enemies and they’ll find love amidst the chaos. There’s a link posted on the description box and Onew clicked it without thinking twice.

The link brought him to a fanfiction site. The story had 44 chapters of intense and well written OnGyu fic that Onew found himself hooked at each chapter. He didn’t seem to notice the passing of time, and by the 15th chapter, Key was calling everybody for dinner.  Onew bookmarked the story and joined the rest for dinner. After eating, he hurriedly resumed reading and by the 25th chapter, he was cursing Myungsoo for brainwashing Sunggyu into thinking that Onew had been playing with his heart. “Damn Kim Myungsoo! Go to ing hell!” He shouted at the laptop, not knowing why he was so affected by the story. By the 37th chapter, the sun was peeking already and Onew was crying as he read himself being shot for Sunggyu. To protect the person he loved the most, he took the bullet Woohyun shot at the man; Woohyun was a crazy enough to believe that if he can’t have Sunggyu, sunggyu can’t belong to anyone else. “ Woohyun you have to be a ing antagonist”Onew sobbed as he clicked the next chapter. By 8am, he was smiling wide at the ending, a reunited Onew and Sunggyu, embracing as the sun shone at the ends of the world. Onew took in a deep breath and happily sighed at the ending, if only happy endings exist in real life.

---

“What’s with the panda eyes hyung?” Minho asked as he joined the leader for breakfast before going to his schedule. “Fanfictions.” Onew replied and at the mention of the word, Minho perked up and scooted closer to the older. “What did you read? OnKey? Onho? Jongyu? OnTae?” Minho asked, which annoyed the older. “No. not with any of you.”Onew said and the face of the actor fell as he let out a soft “oh” sound. “wait, with whom then?”Minho asked but Onew did not reply anymore. “Ah maybe with Luna, I love reading about you hyung and Luna.” Minho said before eating his breakfast, Onew just let it pass.


Onew kept on searching for a few more fanfictions about him and the Infinite leader, and after two long weeks, another story popped up. It was a short one-shot about how Sunggyu was a fanboy of Onew and how the cute hamster reacted when the Shinee’s Dream girl MV was released. Onew wore a freaking smile as he read the story. He imagined the cute leader fuzzing over him and he was feeling really giddy inside. Again he wanted more Ongyu, but the pair was close to extinction compared to the more popular OTP’s. He sighed and shook his head, he can’t believe he’s that desperate to actually write his own fanfiction.

Curse that freaking website for making him insanely craving for Ongyu and now he found himself typing a cheesy confession where in the Infinite leader was writing him a fan mail. He cursed himself before deciding to post it anyway. He then walked away and decided to just watched TV.

Two nights passed and he was itching to read at least one Ongyu fanfiction. Much to his surprise, his account received 10 story comments. “That crap received 10 comments?’Onew said out loud and as he read each comment, he couldn’t help but smile and be thankful to the readers. He decided to reply to each and every comment.

With the newly found thrill when receiving comments, he was eager to write more and more Ongyu. He received a couple of comments thanking him on pursuing this rare pair; somehow that dubugyu account is a fan of Ongyu and has been a regular visitor of his fanfictions.  Since he had been fond of the username, he decided to give a fanfic prize to him/her. The story started with an author’s note Dedicated to my loyal Ongyu shipper and reader dubugyu. The story went with the lines of unexpected twist of fate led Sunggyu and Onew to discover that they can be more than friends.

Hi Author-nim, thank you so much for dedicating your recent fanfiction to me. I loved it sooooo much!

Onew read the PM and he smiled widely, typing his thanks and gratitude towards the loyal leader.

It’s rare that I find readers for this pairing. I love the pair so much so I’m thankful that you also share the same fondness towards OnGyu.

Onew replied and after a few minutes, a reply was received.

Yeah.. I find the pair so adorable. Sunggyu and Onew are meant for each other. Sad that there’s too few authors writing about them.. maybe because they lack interaction in real life that’s why people don’t see their connection.

Onew smiled at the message.

Yeah perhaps the lack of interaction makes the pair close to extinction but I’ll pursue the pair no matter what. I hope you’ll aways support me.

The last message sounded too sweet that it inspired Onew to write another cheesy Ongyu story.
Author-nim Fighting!


Three months passed and 25 fanfictions later, Onew has been gaining a couple more loyal visitors but none compared to the love and support his dubugyu was giving him. The new found friend was beginning to take a big space in his heart but he can’t understand why. Nonetheless, he still pursued the pair religiously, taking advantage of the woollim and SM C&C merger to make more Ongyu fanfictions.

...

“Woohyun!!!!!!” Key glomped the boyfriend as the lad  entered their dorm. It’s one of those rendezvous that either Sunggyu or Onew would accompany their member to visit the other dorm just in case  there are paparazzi  trying to blow up the relationship. Sunggyu settled himself on the sofa and the TV, practically accustomed to the embers of the shining group.  Nothing good was on except for those cheesy teen flick so he decided to flip the channels. Reaching MTV,  Henry’s 1-4-3 was ending and soon a familiar creepy MV followed. Sunggyu’s eyes widened as he realized that it’s his first time watching this MV. It was dubbed as the “hot release of the week” and Sunggyu had his eyes fixed on the screen.

As soon as the group sang, he was all ears. He found himself bobbing to the beat and shouting Everybody once in a while. He liked the MV but had eagle eyes for that one particular blonde member with seductive stare. Oh how he wished to run his hands down the soft blonde hair and trace his features with his stare. The MV ended as soon as it started and Sunggyu could feel his heart racing at the speed of light.

“Gyu hyung, come to the kitchen, Key cooked your favorite!” Woohyun shouted and the leader readily came hearing his favorite food. A platter of golden brown drumstick awaited him and it was heaven for Sunggyu. “Can you share it with Onew hyung?’ Woohyun asked and the leader nodded, taking the platter and walking towards the tofu’s room.

People think that they don’t have much interaction in life but heck, they barge into each other’s rooms like it was the most normal thing in the world.

Sunggyu  stealthily walked towards Onew, who was eagerly typing a whirlwind on his laptop when he gasped. Onew hearing the sound turned to see a shocked Sunggyu holding out a platter of delicious golden brown drumsticks. “Sunggyu...” Onew was unsure of what to say. “Is that fanfiction?” Sunggyu managed to ask and Onew nodded. “I read my name and we.....Kissed.” Sunggyu blurted out, surprised, shocked and confused. “it’s not what you think Gyu... I’m..” Onew was trying to search for a way out but at that very moment, his brain decided to shut off. Thanks for cooperating.

“Look... Well... Yes.” Onew managed to say, confusing the Infinite leader more. “I write fanfictions but bot just any fanfiction. I just write about Ongyu.” Onew confessed, might as well do it when you’re caught red handed. Sunggyu shook his head. “you can hate me , i can perfectly understand.” Onew said as Sunggyu placed the platter on top of Onew’s desk and approached the embarrassed  Tofu. He cupped those fluffy cheeks and leaned towards him, connecting their lips in a fabulous first kiss.

Onew willingly responded, wrapping his arms on the older’s waist while Sunggyu played with the soft blonde locks. They  deepened the kiss and soon ended their tongue tied make out session.  “You’re my favorite Author silly. I love your works and  how I wish they can be true.” Sunggyu said and Onew was wide eyed.. “you read my works?” Onew asked and Sunggyu chuckled at the adorable guy in front of him. “Yes  author-nim, I’m dubugyu, your loyal reader.” Sunggyu informed Onew and Onew broke into a smile and hugged the Infinite leader tightly. “Ahhhhh Sunggyu!!!!!” He screamed so loud that both Woohyun and Key rushed to the room,  only to find the leaders making out on Onew’s bed.

Sunggyu noticed the two giggling members and pushed Onew off of him as impulse. Onew landed on the floor hard and was about to protest when he saw the two saengs trying to hold off the laughter. “Sorry, we thought something bad had happened.” Woohyun said as the laughter died down. “And hyung, finish chapter 10, I’m dying to know about the switch!!!” Key added and Onew was confused. “You knew?” Both Sunggyu and Onew asked and the two nodded then left.

Onew ruffled his hair out of frustration. “And I thought I was  discreet.” Onew said and Sunggyu can’t help but chuckle. “I’m dying to know what happens in chapter 10, why don’t you finish the chapter and I’ll reward you later?” Sunggyu suggested, with a hint of slyness  in his tiny eyes.  This motivated Onew  as  he went out to borrow a chair from the kitchen and set it beside his desk chair. “Come here, you can watch your favorite author work and you can feed him too!” Onew said and Sunggyu nodded happily. “Feed me Gyu!!’ Onew whined and did aegyo, Sunggyu kissed him before  taking the drumstick and feeding the author.

 


A/N: Fluff or not??!!! I still think the storyline is weird XD i am a failure trapped in an OnGyu Spell hahahah