Soccer Freaks

Friendzoned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin was sure that someone up there wants him to suffer. Why? Simply because his teachers have been giving him hell.  Like one time in English, he got distracted by some boys playing soccer outside (he swears he wasn't drooling at the sight of  a shirtless Minho) and the teacher just had to ask him a question to which he didn't know the answer. Luckily, Key had been sitting beside him and coached the boy. But somehow Taemin wondered if it was worth it after he had to go through the trouble of having Key look at him with judging eyes. Was it his fault that Minho was practically half ?

 

The boy couldn't be happier as the subject ended and he could escape from Key's judging gaze. But, curse his inability to move on flat surfaces, he just had to trip and crash through the door of his next his class. Chemistry class had been a pain to go through. Not because he just embarrassed himself in front of his classmates, but rather Taemin could barely keep himself awake as the teacher droned on and on about matter, solutions and mixtures. It also didn't help that someone kept throwing crumpled papers to his head. Too sleepy to retaliate, the boy had merely dropped his head to the desk and slipped in and out of sleep.

 

That was basically his tragic morning, and now he found himself walking towards their spot for lunch. Since they often had different different subjects before lunch, the boys (namely Jonghyun, Key, Minho, Taemin and Onew, Taemin's cousin) decided to meet up at one of the trees that surrounded the school field.

 

Minho was first to arrive, as always, and was busy playing with a bunch of other boys. But when he noticed the blonde boy, Minho called out to him and waved. Taemin, who had his earphones on and in full volume, noticed him and walked towards the waving boy. There was an unfamiliar face in the usual palyers, Taemin noted, but paid it no attention. Minho was satisfied that Taemin had seen him and resumed playing with his friends. The new kid he noticed had managed to steal the ball from Minho with ease, and Taemin was impressed. Nobody could take the ball from Minho, but this kid managed to make it look effortless. Just like taking a candy from a baby. He stopped and stood at the side, observing the game, rolling his eyes at the determined expression Minho wore. Soccer freak. Taemin watched as the unfamiliar boy gave a particular hard kick, sending the ball in the air. His phone vibrated in his pocket and Taemin was about to take it out when heard a particular shout that made him look up.

 

The next thing he saw a ball aiming straight for his head. Taemin couldn't dodge in time. He let out a yelp as the ball collided with his head,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter