Final.

Deadly Medley

Wooyoung is lost in low lights, drowning in his sobriety when it happens and at first it seems innocent enough.

Taecyeon leads the way with his palm pressing against Wooyoung’s shoulder blade, almost kneading him as he urges him forward. 

And maybe tonight it’s a little rougher than usual when he grabs his arm, but Wooyoung tries to shrug it off when he remembers how well plied Taec had been with Seulong’s “deadly medley” but as his eyes search around the smoky room and his heartbeats build up into a crescendo in time with the slowly spiralling beat he can find himself getting lost in totally unfamiliar terrority. 

Taec is pawing at the wall behind him, as though the stable structure would tender more than just means of balance, he maybe even looks a little lost or bewildered and Wooyoung takes this as his moment.

‘Hyung? Are you-’ 

Taec is a million miles away, but the crack in Wooyoung’s voice brings him back at lightning speed, and he finds himself smiling down at him, pressing their foreheads together as he desperately tries to grasp at clarity- hopelessly tries to ground himself.

Wooyoung tenses up at first, placing his hand on Taec’s forearm, long fingers splaying around, cold and dry against his skin and he feels like he’s burning up; it’s almost an attempt to balance the level of power but then Taec presses his lips against Wooyoung’s and-

Wooyoung's at home for the first time in what feels like a millenium,  he wakes up with a jolt and rolls out of bed, the unbearable heat not even being kind enough to afford him the ability to sleep away his life, he grapples about for his phone, it’s 3.43 PM and he wasn’t even close because in theory it was still the same day and-

He wanders out of his room, sure that if he can’t drown his feelings underneath the comfort of his duvet his poorly stocked kitchen would surely suffice as a counsellor in some sort of chicken soup for the soul kind of way.

Except that Wooyoung didn’t have chicken soup, his cupboards were pretty bare even by old mother Hubbard’s standards – save for some incredibly stale cereal he nearly chipped his tooth on and a pack of neatly sealed pistachios that Junho had left as some sort of offering to appease the cupboard gods the last time he had visited.

Though he decided old pistachios (and even (though to a lesser extent) stale cereal) definitely beat out the idea of leaving the house. He grabbed the packet and walked through to his living room, just as he was about to sit down there was a knock on the door. Wooyoung tossed the pistachios aside and went to look who was outside and lo and behold it was none other than Ok Taecyeon.

“Woodong-ah! Let me in! I’m going to get sunburned!” Taecyeon yells, small fists rapidly knocking on the door in the tune of what Wooyoung could only imagine was a Michael Jackson song – however instead of joining in like his soul begs him to do he just walks away.

“You’re under cover; you can’t get sunburned under cover, hyung.”

There’s a moment of silence and then Taecyeon discovers the door bell and it only takes a few seconds before Wooyoung is ripping over the door and tugging him inside.

“Are you a child?!”


Taecyeon only nods and grins before kicking his shoes off and heading off to the sofa and switching on the television, only the television doesn’t even come on because Wooyoung had never set it up let alone plugged anything in.

Taec sits back with a sigh and Wooyoung notes that he looks all kinds of drained as he pushes his hair off of his face. 

“Are you just going to stand there? Sit down, you’re making me nervous~!” 

Taec giggles playfully from behind his hand and Wooyoung fights away a severe bout of nausea before he sits down, groaning as his rear end met with a crackling noise. 

 


Taecyeon blinks at him curiously and Wooyoung just waves the packet at him in response.

“Oh, you sat on your nuts?” 

Wooyoung bites back a snicker, and soon enough he finds himself calming down as Taec animatedly informs him of how he’d woken up in Jinyoungie-hyung’s office dressed as a fairy and it’s almost as if nothing happened and then-

Taec claps his hand on his shoulder and Wooyoung chokes a bit, his mind suddenly hit by a whirlwind of questions.

whatdoesthisallmean

As if that wasn’t enough, Taec leans forward, pressed his chest against Wooyoung’s arm and Wooyoung squeezes his eyes shut, sure it’ll pass if he just counts to ten (though it would be great if he just had to count to three) but suddenly it’s 23 and he can feel Taec’s breath on his cheek and it’s all too familiar that he finds himself tensing up.

Wooyoung is up to 43 and Taecyeon grunts and presses closer and Wooyoung swallows, though his mouth is dry and speaking of mouths he’s way too aware of how close Taec’s is to his. 

He feels Taecyeon’s arm grazing against his chest and Wooyoung isn’t quite sure if he’s frozen in fear or anticipation but suddenly the warmth is gone and even though the heat from outside is still biting through his skin it’s not the /same/.

He opens his eyes and Taec is sitting back, he reaches out and pats his chest and Wooyoung doesn’t know how to breathe but then Taec grins and-

“Hey, pass me some nuts.”

“You .”