Denim Jacket

Denim Jacket

It's not that long.


 

Donghae was never a spoiled brat.

He dislikes it whenever his mother would buy him unnecessary things – shirts, pants, gadgets, etc. It’s not like he doesn’t like them – he did like them – it is just that he really doesn’t like wasting money.

But then there’s his brother, Donghwa.

Donghwa is his older brother – and so is another case. If Donghae doesn’t like buying luxuries, that’s when Donghwa always comes into the picture. He likes to be spoiled since he literally loves everything; even Donghae’s only usable head phone (he had three before but Donghwa destroyed the other two) that they arrived to the point where they argued because of it. Their mother just sighed and bought Donghwa his own five pair of headphones.

But if Donghae would be given something that he wants to be spoiled to – it would be definitely food.

Whenever he goes or whatever he was doing, it won’t be complete without him munching any food. To the point where Donghae’s nickname ‘food lover’ even became an understatement.

He’s a food addict.

But really, who wouldn’t be? If your metabolism speed is as fast as a cheetah, then yeah, you sure would have to eat a lot; minus the dessert, of course. He was able to answer in a slum book once, but it never happened again because he used 48 pages only for the food section. The owner of the said slum book, which is his best friend – Sungmin, became traumatized whenever he lets Donghae borrow his notes – for fear that the brunette would eat his notes or something.

So why, why does the world hate him?

 

Donghae sniffed as he watched a familiar figure standing at the glass counter – the denim jacket he’d been eyeing for two weeks being folded inside a white box before it was put inside a paper bag with the store’s name written on it – Tribal.

He looks at his wallet, and cursed himself for being too late. Sungmin was right, he must have borrowed money from his mother first and just pay her afterwards. But Donghae doesn’t want to because he really, really wants to buy the jacket by his own money.

Yep. Donghae has been saving his allowance for that special jacket.

But now that it has been bought by someone else, he doesn’t know what to do with himself anymore. He was feeling frustrated, stressed, and depressed. All the profanities had been thrown out of his mouth as he cussed himself while leaving the store in a hurry. He’ll just cry himself in his room later.

But then he took a quick glance at the store once again; seeing the guy exiting the door and holding the paper bag in his hands.

His feet started walking their own.

And Donghae knew he was doomed.

 

~ Denim Jacket ~

 

What is he doing in an arcade?

Donghae felt himself scoff at his stupid question.

Of course to play, you dumb fish. He pouted and scratched his hair in frustration. Earlier, Donghae told himself that he would try to buy the jacket from the guy by the money he was able to save – 3,000 won. He knows it’s a bit unfair – okay, scratch that, because the jacket originally costs 7,000 won. But he had to at least try, right? Who knows if the guy was an angel sent from heaven to give him the denim jacket with a big discount?

Psh.

Cho Kyuhyun was never an angel.

 

It’s been the culture of Gyuri High School to greet each and every incoming freshman by pairing them with a senior student, and then making them as their slave on the school for five days (only in first week of school). If the number of freshman and seniors isn’t equal, Presidents of every section (in senior year only) can get more freshman students. You’re lucky if you’re placed with a kind senior – but if not, well, good luck.

Donghae thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever.

Turns out he was insanely right – and wrong.

 

Oh, he became a real slave alright.

Thanks to a certain Cho Kyuhyun.

 

The first three days had been pure torture.

The arrogant brunette had been scanning him the moment they were paired – like a hawk eyeing his meal. And true enough, he was a meek prey to him. Cho Kyuhyun was just everywhere. At the school grounds each morning to greet him with a smirk, at the cafeteria to be his servant to get him food – even in the comfort room to hand him tissues! And it was all a reminder of him that he was a slave.

He hated it. No – he loathed it.

 

There are also ­kind-of-good things Donghae discovered with his first three days serving him.

 

Kyuhyun is a genius in Donghae’s opinion. He’d seen him doing complex equation in calculus, geometry, physics and whatnots he was sure isn’t even included in the school’s curriculum at the back of his notebook. He also excels in Philosophy, English, Math, Science and all of the subjects he had ever known. Donghae wonders why his head isn't as big as Mega Mind yet.

Kyuhyun though, doesn’t like showing it.

It was like a record in history if said guy answered a question, because it was rarer than a blue moon for him to do it. But when he did so, you’d probably stared at him in awe.

And Donghae likes him for it.

Just a little bit.

 

It was on the fourth day that everything turned upside down – 360 degrees.

Instead of greeting him with a smirk, it was replaced by a pat in the head. Sure, he still handed Donghae his bag that day, but it was never thrown to him like the first three days. Donghae find it weird – like, really weird. At the cafeteria, it was Donghae who was served by his master. And in the comfort room, he was just waiting for him outside unlike before. Kyuhyun even asked him nicely if he was alright and doesn’t need to go inside the bathroom. Or if he needs a tissue for, you know. (No, not . For his poop, okay? Poop.)

Donghae nearly faints at that.

 

Long story short, Donghae had had realized that he fell for him in a span of four days. He didn’t know when exactly it happened – but he was sure with his feelings. However, he didn’t know if Kyuhyun would like him back; they were both guys – and since it was just a crush at that time. So he had hoped that at least they could become friends, like, real ones.

 

But Donghae realized how far they are from each other on the fifth day.

And he had his first broken heart.

 

“Kyuhyun!”

The brunette turned around to find his friend, the diva of the school – Kim Heechul. Donghae was about to greet him, but the guy beat him to it. “Leeteuk hyung is looking for you. Come on!” said he and started walking the opposite direction without even giving Donghae a glance. Kyuhyun turned to him with a blank expression.

“You can go now.”

Donghae watched him in a (very, very sad) daze as he turned around and started walking away. His heart was slowly crumbling into pieces by each time Kyuhyun took one step forward away from him – so he gave himself a favor and ran away.

 

They never bump at each other after – thanks to Donghae’s ninja moves in hiding.

“Why does it need to be him?!” he wailed in frustration at a game character standee at the arcade, making people turn towards him and he squeak in embarrassment. He hides in one of the game machines, never looking away from his target. It was already an hour that Donghae started feeling lightheaded. He looked at his wristwatch and found out that it’s almost 2 o’clock in the afternoon. He held his tummy as it started to hurt. Donghae forgot to eat lunch.

By the corner of his eye, he found his target leaving the arcade.

Where is he going now?

 

He could only gape in amusement (and in jealousy, mind you) as Kyuhyun was surrounded by numerous girls as he set foot at a café not too far from the arcade. Donghae was planning to go at the back part of the café to wait for Kyuhyun (and strangle the girls if they would walk near his table), but said plan was instantly forgotten when he looked at the flyer handed to him when he entered the establishment.

Holy sh- they have a TACO DAY!!!

“May I take your order, sir?”

Donghae peeked from the flyer to see a guy giving him a gummy smile. “Uhm, wait..” he looked at the flyer once more as he let himself be guided by the waiter to a table. He was about to tell the waiter his order when the waiter suddenly tripped, taking the menu and Donghae with him on the floor.

The two of them muttered endless apologies to each other as Donghae tried to get up. He then helped the other stood up and gave him another apology, in which the other replied with a nervous laugh and a nod.

“Are you okay?” he asks the waiter, aware of the people’s eyes on them. The other replied with a curt nod. “Yes, sir.”

Donghae twitched at the formality. “Stop the formalities. I’m Donghae, by the way.”

“Hyukjae.”

He decided to take his seat again since he’s becoming uncomfortable of the gazes. He picked up the dropped pen and hands it to the waiter, in which the other thanked him and proceeds to take his order.

The waiter looked crossed as he only ordered a single meal. “Didn’t you come here with someone?”

Donghae immediately shook his head and he looked at Hyukjae as the other’s face twitch. “What?” Hyukjae just shook his head while grinning mischievously. “Nothing, Donghae-ssi. I’m going to get your order now.”

“Drop the ‘ssi’. Thank you Hyukjae.”

He told him his order and after Hyukjae left, Donghae looked at his surroundings to find anything that could trip the waiter. He found none.

Ten minutes later, he found himself thanking Hyukjae as he delivered his order – with a note.

“Your lover boy was quite the jealous type, huh?”

Donghae frowned, not really getting what the waiter meant. He decided to just ignore it and eat his food. God, he was starving—

Wait.. something was off..

Not remembering what it was, he proceeds to eat his food.

... I’m surely going for a take out later.

 

After five minutes, he finished his food and called Hyukjae. He paid his bills and ordered another glass of iced tea and a take out of the same taco he ate. When Hyukjae came back two minutes later with his beverage and a paper bag, he gave him his tip. Hyukjae smiled gummily once again and thanked him as he started sipping his iced tea.

Another five minutes later, Donghae found himself falling asleep.

And another five minutes later, loud screams woke up Donghae. “Where’s the fire?!” he screamed, only to be drowned by the overwhelming screaming and squealing, that he covered his ears in irritability. “What the hell’s happening—“ Donghae stopped – the screaming and other noise forgotten – when he felt something on his forehead. A sticky note?

His eyebrow twitched in confusion when he read the sticky note.

“Wake up, idiot.”

Crumpling the note, Donghae tried to stand up from his seat, but his legs wobbled the moment he moved them. Eek! It became numb because of my position! Aish! Not knowing how to vent out his frustration, he found himself staring at the crumpled paper on his table. He opened it and read the note once more.

“Who did this?”

Another set of screaming made Donghae jump in his seat, and he found himself being curious of what the heck the noise was all about. As he tried to stand up (thank god the numbness was gone), he walked to where the noise was coming from.

Girls were sprawled out everywhere, and since Donghae was at the back, he actually needs to stand in a chair to see what was going on. He found a small stage on the upper left portion of the café near the cashier; Donghae wondered why the hell that stage weren’t there earlier.

And then he heard it.

A soft, velvety voice came flowing out of the sound system, silencing everyone as the heavenly voice seems to lull them into some sort of a charm spell. Donghae was in trance immediately, mouth gaping like the fish (according to Sungmin) he was.

And then he saw him.

Donghae was supposed to scold himself for forgetting about his ‘mission’, but did nothing as he stared at the guy on the stage.

If you’d ask Donghae what he really liked about Kyuhyun (aside from face and brain) – it would be his voice.

 

Donghae had first heard Kyuhyun sing at the fourth day (of being a ‘slave’), when he was sleeping at the rooftop. Classes were finished half an hour earlier and his master decided to go to the rooftop to rest. He remembered everything clearly – from the soft breeze of cool wind, to the soft humming of a voice. He remembered being waked up because of it, but didn’t open his eyes in fear that the humming would stop.

The hum became a lullaby.

Would he be offended, because Kyuhyun just sing him a song that was supposed to be for babies?

Donghae doesn’t know what to think of that time.

But he knows one thing for sure.

.. It felt like heaven.

 

As he stared at Kyuhyun singing, Donghae found tears falling from his eyes.

Why?

He doesn’t know himself why.

Maybe the song was too sad?

Maybe he was jealous of the girls surrounding him?

Or it is because Donghae failed on buying the denim jacket from him?

… He didn’t know.

 

But as their gazes met at one point, Donghae felt the whole world stop -

- and finally found out why.

 

~ Denim Jacket ~

 

“Please vote for me, Donghae! I would entrust you my whole mansion if must!”

Donghae grimaced, not really sure how to react. “Siwon,” he said, glaring at his best friend as he slapped him his Algebra II textbook. “You’re not even on the list, idiot.” The male gave him an exasperated look. “What?!” he snatched the paper away from Donghae, only to grimace himself as he look at the list. “This is obnoxious! I should be here!”

Donghae yelped and made himself more little in his seat when his best friend started venting out his frustration on their table at the cafeteria. When Siwon was about to throw tantrums on the table next to them, he snatched the paper away from the whining male and gave him a hard smack, which made the latter stop – thank god.

The Beauty Pageant Club of their school (yes they have that kind of thing) released the small pamphlets with the list of the most beautiful and handsome student at their school. Everybody was given two pamphlets each – one for the girls and one for the boys.

Donghae throw the pamphlet for the girls away without second thought.

He gritted his teeth and bares it towards his best friend, making the other yelp and shut up. “You idiot,” he hissed. “I don’t want you gaining more attention towards us, okay?” Siwon nodded with a pout.

That’s when Sungmin arrive at their table. He placed his tray beside the frowning Siwon and started munching on his burger. “Who will you vote Donghae? I already voted Minho! Kyaaa! So handsome.” he said dreamily, making Siwon turn towards him and shake him by his shoulders.

 “You can’t do this to me!” Siwon wailed to the not-so-poor bunny, faking a cry. “You can’t cheat on your beloved!” Sungmin smacked Siwon’s head full force. “You want me to alkadababer your ?”

“Actually its abracadabra or alakazam or-”

“Shut up.”

Donghae ignored his bickering friends and looked at the paper once again, before getting a pen. He was about to write his choice when something else came in mind, and he chuckled lowly before jotting it down the paper.

“Who did you vote?” Sungmin asked – although he already knew the answer.

“No one.” He said and tucked the paper on his uniform’s pocket.

“But you wrote something!” Siwon accused.

Donghae shrugged his shoulders and get the paper once again. “I did.”

Sungmin snatched away the paper from him. His eyebrows furrowed, however, when he saw what his friend have written. “A mathematical equation? Donghae, you never told me you’ve taken liking at Algebra.”

“I didn’t.” he cleared as he continue to chew his food. “I just thought I’d like to write it in there.”

Siwon shrugged his shoulders and started eating. “You’re weird.” Sungmin chuckled and gave the paper back to Donghae. “You’re the one to talk, horsie.”

“Yah.”

“Tse.”

Donghae laughed at his two friends, before looking once again at the paper and felt his smile vanished.

 

.. It’s his favorite equation.

 

It didn’t go unnoticed by his friend of course. While Siwon was contemplating on how to infiltrate the event and make him the winner, Sungmin decided to interrogate the younger brunette. “What happened yesterday?”

Donghae gave him a side glance, sighed and glance outside the glass walls of the school’s cafeteria. “Nothing.” Sungmin raised a brow. “What about the jacket?”

He shrugged. “I lost my interest, so I just went home.” It was now Siwon who raised his eyebrows.

“Donghae, by now I’m sure that you already know that you are a bad liar.”

“Wha-“

“A very, very bad liar.” Sungmin nodded as he sipped on his drink. Donghae pouted and slumped back on his seat.

“Well, I followed him until he saw me on a café. I panicked so I ran away.”

His best friend spilled his drink on Siwon, and he grimaced as the latter just stared on his stained uniform. “He saw you?!”

Donghae nodded. Siwon rolled his eyes and grabbed Sungmin’s uniform to wipe the stain off, earning a ‘Hey!’ from the other. “That’s why I told you to just be my boyfriend.”

The two male glared at him.

 

He kicked the two on their knees and flails his arms dramatically. “Jeez, can’t a handsome prince like me have a sense of humor?”

 

~ Denim Jacket ~

 

“WELCOME TO OUR YEARLY FESTIVAL PROGRAM, MY DEAR STUDENTS!”

Most of the students were too busy doing something else to listen at the teacher’s monologue. Not that it’s like the first time anyway – his lines were all the same for years – so they kind of memorized it word by word. After an hour and a half (more like 30 years for the students), the teacher finished his speech. It was now time for awarding the best booths at their school festival and whatnots which took approximately two hours alone.

“.” Sungmin grunted. “I’m bored.”

Donghae was about to hush him when some students – more like fan girls and fan boys – started groaning loudly and yelling for the main event to start. Siwon just rolled his eyes, muttering inappropriate words Donghae and Sungmin was already used to.

“Well,” the female student said as she held her cue card at her back. “I guess we need to start the main event then.”

 

“For this years’ King and Queen of Gyuri High, we chose from different level instead of only just choosing from seniors like last year. So, let’s move on now, shall we?” Fan girls and fan boys started screaming as the female MC student received a card where the winners are written. She smiled and waved the card in the air as she says, “Over 40 persons were chosen, but only 10 students made it to the top – five from the girls and also five from the boys.”

A male MC appeared beside her and read his card. “Let’s start then! For our 10th placed is Park Sandara! 9th place Jung Yunho! 8th place Kim Sohee! 7th place Choi Minho! 6th place Jung Krystal! 5th place Wu Kris! 4th place Im Yoona! 3rd place is Lee Hyukjae!”

The female MC then read hers. “Alright, now we have the runner ups, WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD BE OUR KING AND QUEEN FOR THIS YEAR?!” Every boys and girls screamed different names, but Donghae had only one name in his mind.

The female MC read her cue card. “Our Queen of Gyuri High 2014 is.. Park Shin Hye!”

Fan boys celebrated while some girls disagreed. Oh well. Donghae thought. Not like I care about girls anyway.

“Are you girls ready for the King?”

“YYYEEESSS!!!”

“Our King of Gyuri High 2014 is.. Cho Kyuhyun!”

And Donghae’s ears and heart clapped in joy.

 

The King and Queen were asked to stand on the middle of the stage, where they received their awards and gifts. Instantly, the crowd went wild and asked for them to kiss, so Donghae chose not to witness it and stood up from his seat.

“Where are you going?” asked Sungmin.

“Home. This is so boring.” He lied before grabbing his stuff from his seat. When he was about to make a seat though, he heard a loud yell.

“STOP!”

So they did – and Donghae immediately sit down in surprise. But as he looked on the stage though, he noticed Kyuhyun staring at him. His eyes widened and he buries his head on his bag. The female MC sighed heavily, before she signed someone to go up stage.

A male student handed her a box.

“This box contains all of the votes for Shin Hye and Kyuhyun – the purpose of these tickets is for a raffle.” The crowd was confused. However, the MC just smiled. “Since letting the King and Queen kiss and date each other after the ceremony is kind of cliché, we kind of agreed to change it – so instead we would be picking the one they would kiss from the votes. I hope you didn’t forget to write your name on your paper.”

The crowd went wild as they have realized that they have a chance to freaking kiss and even date their crush. It became silent when she picked the first paper from Shin Hye’s box. “Oh, it’s a guy. Congratulations, Choi Minho!”

Now it’s Sungmin’s turn to be wild. “ you! He’s mine!” went his shout which was luckily drowned by screams. Choi Minho went on stage and picked Shin Hye bridal style.

The male MC picked a paper from Kyuhyun’s box. When he opened it however, his eyebrows furrowed. “There’s no name.. but something is written in here.”

“WHAT IS IT?!” a female voice yelled from the back.

“Uh. How do I read this? Um. Jonghyun! Come here and read this!”

Jonghyun – the school’s geek – went on stage and the MC hands him the paper. “Oh, this is from the Pythagorean Theorem and read as:

a² + b² = c²

“D-donghae, t-that’s what you have written in your p-paper, right?” Sungmin hissed as his mouth gaped open.

Holy .” Siwon cussed. “I think this is the time to get out of here.”

Donghae just nodded dumbly as his two friends started walking fast. But as they were about to reach the exit, a yell stopped them.

“IT’S LEE DONGHAE’S PAPER!!”

Donghae turned around and meet everyone’s shocked faces – including Kyuhyun’s.

There was a long, pregnant silence – until Sungmin had had enough and started dragging him towards the exit, Siwon following behind.

 

~ Denim Jacket ~

 

“Oh god that was epic! I felt like we’re in a fanfic, seriously!” Sungmin panted as the three of them stopped on the brunette’s locker. Donghae asked them to stop there first because he left his notebook earlier before going to the gymnasium.

Siwon grumbled as he tried wiping sweat off his forehead, and then his eyebrows furrowed. “How did they know it is Donghae anyway?”

Sungmin rested his back on one of the lockers and crossed his arms on his chest. “The voice seems familiar though.. Oh, quick Donghae so we could go home now!”

“On it!” the brunette mumbled as he fumbled with his locker’s key and opened it, stuffing his notebook quickly in his bag before zipping it. He closed his locker and they were ready to go. “Come on.” he mumbled quietly before he started walking slowly in a daze, the two trailing behind. Sighing, he tried to debate with himself if he would go school tomorrow or not.

He thought about the scene earlier, and immediately he wants the ground to eat him whole. Groaning, he washes his hands on his face. “Maybe I should skip classes tomorrow.”

“No, you won’t.”

Donghae froze in his spot at the familiar voice. He turns around and there he was – the person he longed for so long looking at him with a blank expression. “We need to talk.” said he but Sungmin blocks his way, his hands on his waist.

“Donghae won’t talk to you. Not now, not ever.”

Kyuhyun gave the short guy an irritated look. “I’ll shove you or you’ll step aside?” he said in a monotone voice, in which the other replied with a smug smirk.

“Siwon, get Donghae the out of here.” Donghae started protesting. “But hyung-“

“No ‘buts’, Lee Donghae.”

But the brunette had had enough of his own stupid attitude. “We’ll just talk. Where’s the harm in that?” he said nonchalantly and pushed Sungmin aside. He crossed his arms in his chest before looking at Kyuhyun with the most bored look he could muster.  “What is it? Oh, and please make it fast, because I’m itching to go home now.” and he purposely scratch his neck to emphasize his statement.

Kyuhyun gave him a smug look. “Eager, are you not? You seem to gain your confidence unlike yesterday.”

Battling away the blush that was threatening to appear in his cheeks, Donghae faked it by chuckling instead, and he cocked his head to the side before turning again to Kyuhyun. “Got a problem with that?”

“Not really. But I must say you’re cuter when you’re shy. Anyway, here.” he handed him a paper bag with a familiar brand before turning around and started walking away. Donghae felt very irritated as he gripped the handle tight. He was and angry and fuming, so he did the natural thing: he throws the bag to Kyuhyun; successfully hitting the latter’s back.

“Is that the thing you want to talk about?! Well sorry to say that I don’t have interest to that.. that stupid jacket!”

Kyuhyun stopped, and then he turned around walking back to Donghae. He smirked; before he pulled the brunette’s uniform harshly and kissed him hard. Smirking more when the brunette clutched his uniform in shock, Kyuhyun held his waist so he won’t get away.

Donghae, on the other hand, didn’t know what was happening. Is Kyuhyun really kissing me? Maybe he was dreaming. Maybe he hit himself with his locker and loses consciousness, or maybe he slipped and banged his head on the ground. Or maybe Kyuhyun punched him because he throws the bag to him.

But damn, the moment Kyuhyun slipped his tongue inside his mouth and Donghae let out a strange noise – he realized that it isn’t a dream anymore.

Kyuhyun is really kissing him, and he’s ing loving it.

Kyuhyun pulled away slightly, before kissing the side of Donghae’s lips. “Partly, yes. But I’d rather talk about it tomorrow. You know the time and place.. Hae.” He kissed the brunette’s temple before walking away.

 

And there stood Donghae, gaping and almost about to faint as his mind try to comprehend what the actual just happened.

 

However, he was kicked out off of his thoughts (rather harshly – and literally) when he heard a loud squeal beside him and he found himself groaning in pain while clutching his right leg. “What the ?!” The giggling didn’t stop, no, it actually became worse when Sungmin clutched his shirt and forced hug him. “Oh my god, Donghae! Oh my ing god that was so cool!” he squealed right next to his ear, and Donghae was weighing his thoughts on whether kicking his hyung in his private area or not. But before he could even have a second thought about it, Sungmin’s body was already lifted off the ground away from him.

“My, my, here I was worried about you when all along you were hugging someone else already?”

Donghae gulped when he saw who the person was. “K-kyuhyun.. how did you..?” he shrieked as when he felt himself being lifted off the ground, their faces coming closer to each other. “I-I.. d-din’t..”

The deep chuckle coming from Kyuhyun was enough for Donghae to relax his nerves. Giving up his façade of being cool, he hides his face in his palms. Peering from his fingers, he saw Kyuhyun staring at him, so he wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck along with burying his face in his it. However, Donghae remembered that they were forgetting something.

*click* *click*

“Hyung!” Donghae whined and flails his arms about when he saw the older taking pictures of them. He whined when Sungmin didn’t stop, hence even motioning Siwon to do the same, who just shook his head and immersed himself just watching them.

“I would really appreciate it if you would stop taking us pictures.”

Sungmin hummed thoughtfully, before he grinned and put his phone down. He raised his brows at Kyuhyun once more, eyeing him up and down. He hums again. “Well, at least Donghae has a good taste.”

“I know.”

“So, you like him too?”

“Yeah.”

“Like, really, really like him?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Well, there’s no use in hiding that fact now, would it?”

“I take your point.”

Donghae could not believe where the conversation is going. He whined and buried his face more on Kyuhyun’s neck. “In case you two have forgotten, I’m still here.”

“Yeah, me too.”

Donghae groaned and glared at Siwon. “Shut up.” The brunette (shyly) motioned for Kyuhyun to put him down and the latter obliged, and then he held Donghae’s hand which made him effectively blush. “Well,” Kyuhyun picks up the forgotten bag. “Does Donghae need to be home at a certain hour?”

“8 pm.”

“Okay. Thanks..”

“Lee Sungmin.” He nudges Siwon and the male bowed to him. “Choi Siwon.”

To Donghae’s surprise, the Almighty Cho Kyuhyun actually bowed to them. “Cho Kyuhyun. But I think you know me already.” Sungmin smirked at Donghae’s direction. “I think we already knew you too well, actually.” Donghae scoffed and hides himself in Kyuhyun’s arm. The latter smirked, and sends them farewell before dragging the brunette out of the hallway.

 

~ Denim Jacket ~

 

“Where are we going?” Donghae asked as they walked past the school gates, adjusting his bag since Kyuhyun won’t let go of his hand. They were about to cross the road when his bag went loose from his shoulder and its contents dropped on the ground. “!” Donghae was thankful that Kyuhyun let go of his hand and helped him pick up his things. They were lucky that there were few cars passing by.

“You still have this?” Donghae looked up and immediately snatched the keychain from Kyuhyun’s hands before putting it in his bag and closing it. It was a fish keychain that Kyuhyun gave him on his fifth day as his ‘slave’.  The brunette was about to lift his bag but Kyuhyun snatched it away from him and slung it on his shoulder, and then he took Donghae’s hand. “Wha..”

“I don’t want you complaining about your shoulder. Come on.”

Donghae let himself be pulled by Kyuhyun, noticing that he held his hand more tightly this time. They arrived at an ice cream parlor minutes later. They ordered their favorites, and Kyuhyun was pulling him on the streets again. The whole time Donghae was staring at him, wondering what’s on his mind (no, don't get the pun, people).

“What are we doing here?” he asked as they stopped on a small bridge. Kyuhyun let out a small scoff, turning to Donghae and giving him a small smirk. “Silly.” he mumbled and pecked the brunette’s lips. Kyuhyun grinned shamelessly when Donghae blushed.

 

“Can’t you tell that this is a date?”

 


I try, okay.

/gets slapped by a ninja