My Favorite Thing

Ghost of You

 


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm wollen mittens

Brown paper packages tied up with string

These are a few of my favourite things...

Warm mug of coffee between your palms, the heat seeping through the ceramic and warming you up. It's cold and even the oversized sweater isn't helping you one bit. It's one of those silent evenings where the incessant rain depresses you, makes you not want to move at all. Your world consists only of the seat beside the window, the steaming mug of coffee and the incessant rain. You were so comfortable, yet you weren't. This moment would have been perfect, with all your favourite things. But there was just one thing missing.

Cream coloured ponies and crisp apple strudel

Door bells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles

Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

These are a few of my favourite things...

His arms wrapped around your waist, surprising you. You turned around and smiled at his handsome face. He returns your smile and rests his forehead against yours.

"I'm here sweetheart."

You sigh, his breath fans over your face. Setting your coffee on the seat, you turn around in his arms and nearly knock you head against his. You both laugh as you lean up and press your lips against his.

Your fingers clutch at his starched white shirt, making it crinkle under them. His large hands pull you closer as one trails up your side and cups at your cheek. His teeth tug at your lower lip making your grip on his shirt tighter and your breath hitch. His tongue trails over the skin that had been between his teeth and slips past your parted lips.

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

Silver white winters that melt into springs

These are a few of my favorite things...

The moment your tongues touch, the tears that had been working their way into your eyes begin to flow freely down your cheeks as you kiss him back feverishly. Pulling him closer as he responds with an equal ferocity as his thumb runs over your face, wiping away the still flowing tears. You pull away ,clutching brokenly at him.

"Yifan." You weep as you hold his face between your hands. The only thing tumbling out of your lips is "I love yous" and "I miss yous". He only responds with kisses. His large hands encompassing you and never letting go. Your breathless kisses becoming more and more urgent as you press against each other. You short frame against his ever fading tall one.

"Take me with you." You breathe out between kisses as he shakes his head.

"You know I can't do that," He says as he kisses you again, this time slowly and deliberately dragging his lips against yours. You groan as fresh tears stream down your face."Baby, don't cry. I'm always here." He whispers against your lips as his touch gets lighter and lighter.

You frantically try and hold on to him as he fades into thin air. You scream his name out as he smiles sadly at you, silencing you with that one last kiss. You can feel his tears melding with yours as he finally disappears- just like the life in his eyes when the car hydroplaned into the tree leaving you unscathed... but not quite. You stare at the empty spot where your favourite person in the whole world once stood and let the tears flow ever so freely. He made you so happy. Even the very thought of him did.

When the dog bites

When the bee stings

When I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my favorite things

And then I don't feel so bad

Wu Yifan was and will always be your favourite thing whether he is there or not as he is in your heart forever.

 


/ducks and hides/

Don't kill me.

- Ryukai