Worth the Wait

The Real Cinderella

 Worth The Wait

 

 kyuhyun's point of view: I turned back into the ball but the image of her bright big eyes and delicate pale face still lingered in my mind. How I had her backed up to the wall and our faces so close… I checked the clock and it read 11:50. I scanned the room and everyone was still lively and in good spirits. Music played melodically as people danced in time to the jolly music. Jonghyun and Minho looked at me with questioning faces. From the corner of my eye I saw Yoona and Sunny approach while fixing their hair, I think they wanted to say goodbye before they left into their limo. I like them and everything but now wasn’t the time. If I wasn’t going to do anything at this moment I knew that I would regret every single thing. So I ran.



 I ran back after her despite being dragged back by the drapes and being thundered down by the violent wind that messed up my hair when I finally escaped outside. It was dark outside with a scattering of stars. Trees rustled in the windy weather. I had to squint from the force of the wind but I could see a twinkle in the distance. Following my instincts and battled through. I could hear my own heavy footsteps as they crashed to the ground with every step I took but I was determined that I would catch up to Jessica.  I see her more clearly now, she grasped her feathery dress in her tiny fists and daintily ran in her heels. It was kind of like de ja vu but this time when she heard me coming she stopped right in her tracks.

 

 jessica's  point of view: It was like a dream come true. Unfortunately, the dream ended now but I couldn’t help but smile as I ran out. No one could have ever thought that little old me could have gotten so close to Cho Kyuhyun.

 

When I was just a minute away from the limo parked outside I heard heavy footsteps follow from behind. I stopped and turned away to see Kyuhyun running with his hair all tousled, yet he still looked amazing. He smiled when he saw me and slowed down upon reaching me. His pace was slow now as he stepped in front of me. Taking my hands in his, I looked up to meet his gaze.

 

 no point of view: The silence compiled between them. The only thing audible was Kyuhyun’s soft yet heavy breathes and the wind whistling in the night. Jessica looked at him straight in the eyes of the person she had begun to fall for questioningly. Catching his breath, Kyuhyun’s lip moved up into a playful smirk causing Jessica to replicate by smiling on instinct.

 

“Do you trust me?” he asked suddenly.

“If I said yes, would you believe me?” Kyuhyun laughed at her response.

“Let me rephrase that then.” He looked down and placed one hand out. “Do you want an adventure?”

Jessica thought carefully for a while. If she says yes then she might be late home, if she doesn’t…  then she’d constantly be looking back wondering ‘what if’? it was obvious in her mind. How many times would she have to live fearlessly like this again?

“Yes.” She placed one delicate in his masculine grip. Kyuhyun beamed. For both of them their blood pulsing through their veins.

“Get ready for the ride of your life.” He said bluntly, whisking away into the distance towards the glittering golden glow of the city with Jessica in his tight grasp.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“Where are we?” Jessica asked almost in a hypnotised whisper. Her eyes sparkled in the glorious, glamorous brilliance.

“It’s a theme park. I called my dad, he said they closed but I managed to keep it open for a while. All the lights , looks amazing on a night like this.” He gazed at the theme park engulfed in glittering lights. “Let’s get started!”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“Kyuhyun look!” Jessica cried at a stand which had cans stacked in a triangle tower with fluffy elephants which framed it. “They are soooo adorable!” She cooed which earned a ‘really?!’ look from Kyuhyun which in turn earned him a playful slap on the arm.

“C’mon, I’ll win them for you okay?” he say her cheek and winking at her. They walked over to the stand where a man stood in a red striped uniform.

“Hey Kyuhyun, nice seeing you here! Come to knock down some tins?” he challenged throwing a small bean bag into the air and catching it in one hand.

“You know I am.” He said confidently snatching away the bag before it landing in his hand.

“Hey I’m Leeteuk.” The staff smiled.

“Hello, my name’s Jessica.”

“Nice to meet you Jessica, y’know you have to look out for Kyuhyun. Bit of a competitive one, been coming here ever since he was about five.”

“Hey!” Kyuhyun yelled punching him in the chest which made Leeteuk feign pain. Skilfully however, Kyuhyun has already knocked down one pyramid of tins earning him a excited clap from Jessica. Carefully taking aim, he got the next one effortlessly. For the third and final one he threw the ball at Jessica who caught it unexpectedly.

“Here, let me teach you how to throw.” He said wrapping his arms around her and positioning his head next to hers and focusing on the target. A clean sweep of pink swept her cheeks. “You have to twist your wrist slightly like this.” He showed her. “Got it?”

“Got it!”

“Okay… one… two… three.” The sounds of all the tins were heard falling to the concrete ground. Leeteuk slapped his hands together.

“Well done guys, take your pick of prize.”

“Well?” Kyuhyun grinned.

“Hmm…. That baby blue elephant.”

“Here you go.” Leeteuk handed over the elephant over to them.

“I shall name him… KyuSica!” She said cuddling the elephant in her arms. Kyuhyun chuckled as he took her hand as the other clutched baby KyuSica the elephant.

Jessica laughed as she got dragged away once more into the wondrous rides. They tried all the rides and walked around holding hands tightly. Her hair flew wildly on the rides in the deserted park. Kyuhyun couldn’t even remember the last time his sides hurt so much from laughter. It was then he realised that Jessica was someone different…and she was worth the wait.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

sorry lame chapter. (maybe i'll edit it later)

i wanted to extend the kyusica moment a little for you guys!

but as you know im not very good at those moments.

also i won't be updating regularly as you already no! the chapters will have to wait unfortunately until im out of hiatus.
too many exams, this is a reaaaally important year in my life which will determine my future. please understand ^___^ i hope my chapters will be worth the wait.