Promise to You

Promise to You

“Lifting the stage in 2 minutes,”

The back stage crews are busy, makeup artist, hair stylist, sound system crew, and also the girls.

Even in back stage, SONES outside are loud, “SO NYEO SHI DAE! SO NYEO SHI DAE! SO NYEO SHI DAE!”

My heart beats fast. SONES cheers are the ones that gave us the strength to perform well and also to enjoy the happiness we share with them. But why is my heart beating so fast? I’ve already done this countless times.

Why?

Why am I like this? This is so not me!

“Stand firm, girls.” The backstage crew said, giving the signal to life the stage up.

 

Hancham kkumkkwo watdeon maeiri
Naege chaja wado
Seolmyeong halsu eobtneun apeumi
On mome peojyeo”

Indescribable pain spreads throughout the whole body though the daily life that I’ve dreamed looks me up.
 

 

A splash of pink dissolves into the ocean of SONES. My favourite part about being in this family. Looking at this ocean, I am blessed. A miracle from God. A feeling so strong. I feel, loved.

But, what is love?

What is love when you love someone so much you hope you never loved that person? What is love when all you get is a walk away? What is love when you cried yourself to sleep every night but to wake up to the same reality again, to see that someone being happy without you by their side, but instead in the hands of others?

 

“Hwaryeo han jomyeongi kkeojimyeon
Haru ga kkeut nago
Chyeojin eokkae sokteong bini mam
Eojjeol su eobtjyo”

When glaring lights are turned off, a day goes by. I cannot control my sloping shoulders and empty mind.
 

 


Hmm... I wouldn’t have a line until the chorus, let’s roam around the stage and give some fan service.

The pink ocean is so awesone, you know? Awesome SONES. Hahaha! Imagine life without SONES, I might not find love in my personal life, but I’ve definitely find love here. How I wish I could just jump in to their embrace, and swim happily.

What’s that?

TAENGSIC, WE BELIEVE.

They still believe in Taengsic, how delusional.

Well, at least I’m not the only delusional one here. I have SONES.

The next thing I knew, I was holding the sign board, waving it to the pink ocean.

 

“What about us? What about Love?
Nal ireu kyeo juneuni hanmadi
Geudae pume, aneun chaero
Ttaseu hage gamssa juneyo

Hangeoreum mandeo gakkai
Jogeum mandeo ttaddeut hage
Uri duri, hamkke rado
Songarak geolgo Promise to you”

“What about us? What about love?”
This brief phrase raises me up.
You cuddle me in your bosom warmly.

 

Only a step closer to me and a bit more warmly.
We pinkie swear that we’re together forever. Promise to you.

 

 


SONES were roaring, everyone is pointing at me. I don’t know what I was doing. Why am I doing this? Why can’t I stop this stupid movement I’m doing right now? Why is my emotion taking control over my body? Oh gosh, I need to stop this now. STOP!

Too late.

Someone is coming closer.

No, it’s her!

She’s mouthing something. I can’t make up the word that is coming from .

Your... Your? Your lane? Your line? Your line… My line… MY LINE.

 

Danji gomab daneun
Mallo da halsun eobtget jiman”

Just remember this only though

 

 

I could feel the strength in her arms as she wrapped them around me, to trap me in her never ending warmth. As she embraces me, I can feel the life in her, the blood pumping in her veins, and the warm breath coming off her lips.

I was lost. I don’t know what just happened.

SONES cheered. I looked at her with disbelief. What just happened? Did she just hug me?

She lean in closer to me, “I believe in Taengsic, too.” she said.

I stared at her in awe.

 

“Promise to you"

"Promise to you”