Dance?

Childhood Sweetheart

 

 

             The school hallway was already filled with students as some of them were still having their leisure time before getting to class. You grabbed your books from the locker when Yura stopped you. You could have sworn that this girl is some kind of genie, appearing form nowhere.

             "Hey, are you going to the dance?" She asked, with full enthusiasm.

             You closed the locker and shook your head unwillingly, "I'll just probably help out with the decorations and stuffs. Maybe even be the photographer."

             Yura raised a brow, "You're kidding me right? You've been doing that for the whole of your senior year and you can't possibly do the same thing for this year! Who knows, this may be the last annual dance season?"

             "Well, that'll be better so I don't have to spend my time dancing to a stupid slow music. Honestly, what's the point of me going? Nobody would want to be my partner so I guess I'll just stick at home and continue drowning myself in my cries watching The Heirs. That'll be much more fun." You shrugged and chuckled.

             "Oh yeah, you had never had any date before. I guess you're right then." Yura shrugged too.

             Suddenly, a low voice spoke up. "No, she's going with me." 

             The both of you turned and diverted your attention to the owner of the voice. Your eyes widened in shock as you saw who was practically standing in front of you. Yura too, was speechless as she glanced at you and the guy back. 

             "Are you serious?! Why didn't you tell me Hana?" Yura punched you lightly on the arm, making you snap away from your daze.

             You let out a silly laugh and smiled cheekily, "No. He's just being silly. He likes to joke around." You shook your head quickly, mouthing the guy to stop joking.

             Himchan let out a silly laugh and grabbed you by the arm. "No, she's really going with me. You can't back out now, Hana." With that, you were being dragged away by Himchan to who knows where.

            "What the hell do you think you're doing, Kim Himchan?!" You yanked his grip away form your hand and questioned.

            Himchan raised a brow. "Look, Yongguk told me to bring you to the dance. Which means you'll be stuck with me for the dance. Hey, I didn't want to choose you for my partner but I had to. Yongguk's special order." 

            You rolled your eyes at Himchan and crossed your arm to your chest, "I know. Who would want to go to the dance with me anyways? Look, if you don't want to go to the dance with me just don't. Why did Yongguk have to have to ask you that too?"

            Himchan smiled, "Hey I was joking, I didn't want to go to the dance too since I didn't have a partner. But since Yongguk asked me to be your partner, I guess it's cool."

            "But why? I don't want to go." You insisted.

            "Let's just say Yongguk replaced himself to me to bring you to the dance. No backing out, young lady." Himchan wiggled his finger and left you.

             What did Himchan just said just now? You didn't quite understand that much.

             But honestly, why did Yongguk ordered Himchan to bring you to the dance? You didn't even want to go to the dance. And the fact that Himchan told you that Yongguk was just replacing himself to bring you to the dance was absurd. What the heck just happened just now?

             As soon as the bell rang, you scurried your way to the classroom. As you entered, you saw two pairs of eyes staring at you. Well, make that three actually including Junmi. You saw Yongguk staring at you as soon as you entered the classroom wih such deery eyes. While you saw Himchan glancing at you. 

             When you made eye contact with Yongguk, you quickly broke it off and hid your face making him showing his small smirk. When you made eye contact with Himchan, you rolled your eyes at him as he sneered.

             For the whole lesson, you would often realised being watched at especially by Yongguk. He would often take a small glance and quickly turned his head to the front. Or he would even accidentally drop his pencil so that he was able to pick it up and take a small glance at you.

             You knew what he was trying to do but yet you wanted to act like you didn't noticed it. It really made you flustered the fact that you would always catch him glancing at you or even glancing at you and it made it even weirder that you can't get your eyes off him and ended up making a long eye contact with him.

              As the last school bell rang, you quickly raced to the school hall to start on decorating for the annual dance. Honestly, you thought that you didn't want to do it but since they are credits for this, you wanted to do it for the sake of your overall credits collected. You weren't the only one decorating and that includes some of your other friends, Yura.

              It was almost nearly an hour decorating half of the hall as you took a seat on the bleachers, trying to regain your energy when you heard the hall doors being slammed at. Then, you heard those familiar clanking noise coming from those ridiculous heels. You groaned and rolled your eyes, you would already know who it is just by listening from her heels.

             There was only one thing that you had in mind, what the hell does she want from you.

             "I see all of you are woking hard decorating. Well, good job then." Junmi clapped along with her other pest's friends.

             "Hey, not that one. Change it, it looks horrible." She ordered one of the boys, while he changed the decoration. "What the heck are you doing? That's not it. Geez, what the heck are you guys doing? You really don't have the right taste for this dance."

             You could see that almost everyone was pissed, even you. Suddenly, someone step in to retort back. "What's wrong with this? This is really nice. I guess you're the one who has a bad taste." That sentence made her gapsed in horror.

             Nobody had ever fought back with her which made her feel that she was being a jerk. "Hey, you better shut it before I report you. You want that?" The girl gulped and shook her head quickly, trying her best to change the decoration.

             Before you know it, Junmi made her way to your direction as she looked at you starting on decorating the walls. "That's not nice, change." Junmi ordered but you didn't heed her order.

             You focused on what you were doing as you tried not to get distracted by her oders. Junmi ordered again and this time, you really didn't want to listen to her. She's acting all bossy like a normal Queenka would do. After a minute or so, she suddenly shut up which made you think that she probably gave up. But boy, were you wrong.

             Junmi suddenly splashed the bucket which was full of detergent water to your whole body, making it soaked. You gasped, turning your body around. Everyone in the hall started gasping, eyes widened and probably shocked over what just happened.

             "Oh gosh, sorry. I couldn't control my hand as it suddenly flew to your direction. Sometimes it may happen you know." Junmi apologised with full sarcasm.

             You climbed down form the tall ladder as your shoes squeaked as it absorbed the water earlier on. Junmi just snickered, clearly enjoying what she had just done. "Don't you have anyone else to pick on?" You squeaked.

             Junmi grabbed her chin and rubbed it playfully, acting like she was immersed in her own thoughts. Then, she shook her head while facing you. 

            "Hwang Junmi." A voice boomed as it echoed through the hall.

            Junmi turned to see Yongguk standing on the door area. She gulped and grew uncomfortable or even more, started to become frantic, hoping that Yongguk didn't had to see what she had just did.

             "What the hell did you just do?" Yongguk growled, dropping his gaze.

             Junmi's eyes shook. She smiled slyly, "N-Nothing. The bucket fell from my hands as it landed on her. It's no big deal sweetie. She's fine now, right Hana?" Junmi took hold of your arm and acted like she was concerned about you.

             Yongguk didn't buy the joke as he made his way to your direction as grabbed you by the arm. "Don't ever call me that." With that, you were dragged by Yongguk to the school grounds as he made you sit on the bench next to him.

             "You alright?" He patted the towel to your face as you nodded and took it away from him.

             "You didn't have to do that, she's your soon-to-be fiancee." You patted your face with the towel.

             Yongguk shook his head, "I don't want to be engaged with her. Besides, you're my friend."

             You choked onto your own saliva. Yeah, a friend and not more than that. Those words really stung you. That's right, he doesn't like neither of you and he just wants to be friends with you, nothing more than that. You tried to hold back those tears as hard as you can but your face started scrunching up. You looked up to the sky, trying to hold back those tears as they had been a habit.

             You shook it off and smiled, "Thanks. I have to go now. Guess I'll meet you tommorow." With that, you went off leaving Yongguk speechless and deep in his own thoughts.

             Yongguk grabbed the ends of his hair and ruffled it. How he wished he could have just killed himself now. He knew you were about to cry, just by looking at your tensed face at the habit that you always had.

             "You stupid ..." He muttered under his breath as he punched the wall beside him.