First Serious Attack

Run Away.

 

 

 

Chapter Two

 

~~~~~~**~~~~~~

 

First Serious Attack

 

 

Mir had just left the school and was walking through some alleys, the fastest way to reach his apartment, when he felt that he was being followed. He turned around to see who it was but didn’t see anyone, he then looked at the ground in time to glimpse a fleeing shadow. Mir frowned, that was bizarre. Thinking it was only his imagination playing tricks on him, for the weather was extremely hot and the sun was burning his exposed skin, making his body dehydrate faster, he kept on walking slowly.  He was about to turn the small corner when he heard soft footsteps getting closer to him but he noticed them too late. He turned around as fast as he could, only to face a flash of a metal´s pocket knife reflection in the sun. He barely evaded it by twisting his abdomen, guiding himself by where he had last seen the bright reflection. Mir felt the gust of wind the knife provoked through his thin white shirt but his self-defense classes were proving to be rather useful.

 

The man had a black balaclava so Mir couldn’t see his face. Mir faced the slightly shorter man and grabbed the man´s arm as he tried to attack him once more. Mir´s opponent maneuvered his grabbed right arm, trying to snake away from his victim´s hold, as Mir tried to make him drop the knife. Neither of the two were giving the other the opportunity to do as wished. Mir, with all the strength he could muster, bended the man´s arm to a rather grotesque position. A snapping sound was heard, that sent shivers through Mir´s body and the man yelled in agony. He arm went limp and the knife dropped to the cold cement with a clattering sound. Mir bent to pick the knife, to make sure his masked opponent could not take it again,  and had it in his hand but before he could use it to interrogate his adversary, his opponent was already running away.

 

Mir tried to catch up with the boy but it looked like the boy was trained in running away for in instants Mir had already lost him who knows where. Mir turned back to walk the way he had just come through when he saw another person observing all in black, just observing, from far away. This person, though, had a hat low on his face, thus his face was covered in the shadows and Mir couldn’t really see him. The person shook his head and walked away. Mir watched as the stranger with the long black coat made his way into a people-filled street and disappeared in the ocean of people.    

 

Mir knew these were not accidents anymore. Someone was trying to get him and he knew it but the question was who? He didn’t have enemies, barely anyone disliked him. He led a normal life, not permitting his parent´s influence to guide his way. He kept his life secret; no one knew much about him because something his parents had always taught him was to be cautious. ¨Never trust someone blindly for they might be your fall.¨ were the exact words his father had told him. Mir had always trusted his dad´s advices, though he mostly thought his dad was crazy but he still trusted all advises given by his dad.  

 

Mir started walking towards his apartment but decided he should pay his father a sudden visit. He made his way to his father´s company and once the secretary had seen him he was immediately sent inside the office to wait for his father. Privileges of being the owner´s son.  

 

¨What brings you here Mir?¨ Mir´s dad had just opened the door and seeing Mir sitting there without doing anything had him thinking his son needed money or some kind of help.

 

¨Well, hello to you too dad.¨ Mir knew his dad probably thought he was there to ask for money or something stupid like that. No one from Mir´s family knew he actually had a bank account and his own money to survive for life.

 

¨Mir let’s not start another argument I´m too tired.¨ Dayong, Mir´s dad, was rubbing his senses with his thumb, a clear sign that he had a headache.

 

¨Sure. Actually I´m here for some important news I´ll be happy to share with you,¨ Mir looked at his dad straight in the eye before delivering his ´fantastic´ news as formally as he could, ¨Dad someone´s behind me.¨ Mir was calm although it was the first time that something like that was happening to him but he had expected that it would happen someday. Mir´s dad looked at his son and then behind Mir.

 

¨But there´s no one there son.¨  Mir´s dad, always the joking type. Mir rolled his eyes, the joke wasn’t even funny.

 

¨I´m talking seriously dad, someone is trying to get me.¨ Mir didn’t want to say ¨kill me¨ so he tried to stay away from those words, hoping his dad would understand him. Thankfully his dad did and his face grew serious once again.

 

¨Since when?¨

 

¨Maybe two weeks ago.¨ Dayong didn’t say anything but Mir knew that he was thinking what to do.

 

¨I only wanted to comment this to you so you would be aware but I can fight my own battles, so please don’t get anyone to help me.¨ Mir stood up and walked out of the office. He had only gone there to inform his dad about his current situation but he also wanted to show his dad that he could protect himself.

 

Mir´s dad saw as Mir walked out of his office, without sparing him a glance. He then smiled and started making some phone calls. His son had told him not to get anyone but what if that anyone was not anyone.