Reunited

Burning History

 

 

~Chapter 24~

Reunited

Minho’s POV~

 

            “Gotcha!” The White Masked Hero cheers as Jonghyun hyung and Key hyung land onto the last minute net we created. I look at the masked hero, whose eyes form a small curve, indicating that he is smiling.

            “You’re a genius!” Naeun pats the hero on the back. If it wasn’t for him, Key and Jonghyun hyung would’ve died.

            “W-we’re okay…” Jonghyun hyung shakes Key hyung who is slipping in and out of conscious due to his injury and major blood lost. 

            “How?” Key hyung asks.

            “Let’s just say our White Masked Hero made everyone go grab a rope, tied them all together, and had us stand side by side with them crossed, forming a net. If it wasn’t for that, you two would’ve been broken in little pieces.” Naeun explains.

            “Wow, thank you,” the two hyungs say.

            “Can you help us off now? I think I might pass out.” Key says. With a few helping hands, Key hyung is scooped out of the net and placed on the bench near the first aid area. All of the doctors are busy, but make way for him.

            “Jonghyun hyung, are you okay?” The White Masked Hero asks.

            “I’m fine; my hand is just a bit burnt. Freaking bird nearly roasted me!” he whines.

            “The injury is not simple,” the doctor says. We all rush over to Key hyung, who is laying on his right side, exposing his raw and disgusting flesh. “The claw must have had some type of poison on it.”

            “No no no no no! I am sick and tired of poison. First it killed my Taeminnie and now…No! Please tell me he’s going to be okay!” Jonghyun hyung tears up, clutching onto the doctor’s shoulder.

            “We’ll have to clean the injury and see how it progresses. I’m sorry, we can’t figure out how to help him unless we know what the poison is.”

            “How about I give him some of my energy?” Kai offers.

            “Our beads can only do so much…” Mir whispers in his ear. “Even if we give him energy, his wound is way too large and deep for us to heal it. Not to mention the poison…”

            “I think I can figure something out if you give me some time. Jong Kook hyungnim, what should we do?” Joon hyung asks.

            “Everyone else clean up this mess and whoever is in good shape can tend the injured. We need to work together and prepare in case another attack were to take place.”

            “Yes sir!” The clan members say and rush off.

            “Let’s transfer Key to a room. I think if we all put our energy in, we can help him heal.” Joon hyung says. We nod and Jonghyun hyung carries Key hyung into the medication room. He gently places him on the bed and sits down beside him.

            “Unfortunately, I haven’t mastered my energy transferring so I won’t be much of a help, but I’ll try.” Jong Kook hyungnim says. Normal people can learn how to transfer energy too, as long as their skills are good enough. Unfortunately, I am no help either.

            “We shouldn’t sit him up since his wound can expand, but that means that we need to give off more energy since it’s going to be transferred from a different path.” The White Masked Hero says. Joon hyung stands behind him along with Kai, Mir, Thunder, Jong Kook hyungnim and Naeun. They all place a hand on each other’s back, while the hero holds onto Key hyung’s hand. “On the count of three: one…two…three!” The all force their energy into their arms and transfer it to the person in front of them, almost like a chain. Key hyung’s face scrunches up as the new energy enters his body. Jonghyun hyung and I look at the injury that seems to be glowing.

            All of a sudden, all of their bodies’ start shaking and breaking into cold sweat. “What’s wrong?” Jonghyun hyung stands up.

            “The poison is fighting back the energy. It’s making us affected as well. Hurry and cut them off!” The White Masked Hero yells.

            “What about you?” Jonghyun hyung asks him.

            “I’ll be fine! Just do it before their get poisoned as well!” Jonghyun hyung and I force the energy out of our palms and hit Joon hyung, cutting the energy chain. “Pali, lift him up.” The White Masked Hero says through gritted teeth. Jonghyun hyung sits Key hyung upright and a stream of blood seeps out of the injury. The White Masked Hero’s breathing becomes irregular as he takes in quick, harsh breaths. I touch him to try to pull him out of the chain, but his body is as cold as ice, forcing me to let go. Suddenly, the wolf howls loudly.

 

Kai’s POV~

 

            In no time, a male flies in from the clouds and rushes into the room. I remember seeing him in my room. He would occasionally come and aid me…It was after Taemin hyung had died. “Heechul hyung!” Jonghyun hyung says in shock. I remember his name being mentioned when they went out in search for Taemin hyung a while back.

            He ruffles the wolf’s head, says “out of my way,” and rushes to the frozen White Masked Hero and Key hyung. He places two fingers on the hero’s neck and immediately a surge of energy causes him to pull it back. Apparently, it has shocked him. “He’s not letting anyone touch him because he’s afraid we would get infected as well. The poison has already entered his body and he’s trying to fight it off.”

            “What about Key?” Jonghyun hyung asks.

            “He barely has any poison left in him and his injury isn’t too deep. He will be saved.”

            “Is the White Masked Hero going to be okay?” I ask.

            “I’m not too sure. It’s really up to him to see if he can fight it off or not,” Heechul hyung sighs. “It’s best if we don’t distract him at this moment. Everybody out,” He turns around and pushes all of us out of the room and closes the door. “You, I like you,” he points at me. “Stay in there and keep watch.” I nod and enter the room. “Hey!” I turn around and Heechul hyung leans against me and whispers into my ear, “Take care of him.”

 

            It is now the second night. The hero managed to cut Key hyung off, so he’s healing on his own, but the hero is remaining in his position, trying to not let the poison do much damage to his body. There has to be a reason why Heechul hyung told me to take care of him…I look at the hero and sit down in front of him, starring at his face covering. He’s such a mysterious person. He shows up out of nowhere and then became a big part of our clan. He’s only been here so long, and yet it feels like he has been here all along…Ever since he came, I felt warmth that has been missing for a long time, like I met an old friend or something…but of course that’s not possible.

            Maybe if I take off his face covering…maybe he could be someone I knew from the time I wasn’t with the clan. I reach out and slowly make way to the strap that keeps his covering secured. Suddenly, the White Masked Hero’s body relaxes and he falls over. I catch him and my heart jumps as the huge surge of energy enters my body, as if I have gotten a piece of me that was missing back…my bead.

 

Jonghyun’s POV~

 

            “How do you feel?” I ask as I place the tea next to his bed.

            “Almost fully recovered,” he replies as I help him sit up. “The White Masked Hero saved me.

            “You know, I take back all of my suspicions of him. Whoever’s willing to save you is a good guy to me.”

            “Yeah, but he’s still an odd fish. There’s something about him that I can’t grasp yet.”

            “Don’t worry about him and just rest. I want you to fully recover before you start speculating things and make yourself spring into action”

            “How is he anyway? I heard his body was having a hard time fighting off the poison. I feel really bad.”

            “Heechul hyung has told us to just leave him alone. No one knows what his progress is.” Knock. Knock.

            “Come in,” Key says. “Heechul hyung!” He smiles as he walks in.

            “You seem full of energy.”

            “I’m much better now,” Key nods. “How’s everyone?”

            “The minor injuries have been taken care of and those members are standing guard. The members with major injuries are resting. Unfortunately, we lost nine members in this battle, but thanks to everyone’s hard work, the damage wasn’t too bad. The tree has been burnt down and will no longer harm us.”

            “Thank goodness.” I say.

            “Look, I didn’t simply come in here to just check on you, unfortunately.”

            “What’s wrong?” I ask.

            “There is this new potion I have been working on. It has to do with the purity potion that Taemin received from my master. If we use the water and find a way to activate it, we can have you guys consume it, or better yet use it in your charm necklaces to prevent your terrible deaths and chances of you losing your good souls.”

            “I have two, Onew hyung has one, and Taemin has…” I fight back a whimper as I think about my dead dongsaeng. “We can’t dig him up and get the charms…it would be so wrong. It would be inhumane.”

            “Don’t worry, we have his charms. I managed to get it before you guys buried him alone with the purity potion.”

            “You’re amazing.” I say.

            “Yes, I am.”

 

Joon’s POV~

 

            “Feeling better?” I ask Onew, who is still practicing shooting arrows to take his mind off of the hero.

            “Yeah, thanks for healing me.”

            “Someone doesn’t sound grateful…” I pout.

            “Oh hush. You act like you did all the work.”

            “True true, the others helped a lot. You can’t really heal too well from an energy transfer. If only I have been a monster for over five thousand years, then I would be able to do it.”

            “But by then you would be a wrinkly old monster…plus you’d be a e for liking me.”

            “You know we don’t physically or mentally age! We stay a certain age and just remain that way. Besides, I’d be the cutest old wolf out there.” I flip my bangs.

            “Hyung, we need to talk.” Thunder says to me via our wolf pack telepathy.

            “I’m going to check on those on lookout and see if everything’s okay.”

            “Alright, be back soon.”

 

            “What’s wrong?” I ask Thunder.

            “For a split second, I sensed Kai’s bead, meaning the two halves have joined.”

            “You’re not saying that Taemin is back, right? We haven’t seen him. If he were to return, I’m sure he wouldn’t be secretive about it.” Mir says.

            “I don’t know, but I’m not making this up. I sensed it.”

            “Where is Kai now?” I ask.

            “He’s still with the White Masked Hero…You’re not saying he is Taemin, are you?” Mir asks.

            “Ever since he got back, the mood seems to have lifted up again. Not to mention that he came at such a convenient time! I mean, the monsters, the enemies, discovery of the weird cloth, and many other things has happened ever since he returned. It’s like he’s everywhere! Whenever someone needs help, he’s there to rescue.” Thunder explains.

            “But even so, we should’ve sensed him since Taemin has half the bead…” Mir says.

            “Thunder might be onto something.” I say and we both head over to the medication room.