♡ GOING SWIMMING WITH THE SHARKS

The Young CEO

chapter two.

'Oooof.'

Two pairs of hands roughly grabbed the arms of the new SM Entertainment CEO. Sung Hee was immediately whisked away from the commotion of the conference room to an undisclosed location in the building. She frantically searched her side for any of the SM TOWN representatives or Lee Soo Man but instead she was heavily guarded by two men in black suits.

"Yah! Where are you taking me!" the girl panicked. The man on her right chuckled while the one on the left simply shook his head.

"Miss Heo, please be patient. You'll eventually know where we will go." Sung Hee childishly grumbled and again accepted her fate.

In a matter of moments she was released from the grip of the two men and was ushered into a private women's bathroom. Once inside the two guards had disappeared and Sung Hee was alone.

Or so she thought.

"OH. MAH. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD." a high pitched shriek enveloped the small room. Sung Hee immediately turned around. A scream no higher than the one before hers now echoed through the room.

To her surprise she saw a girl (or was it a feminine looking guy) behind her with his/her beauty was emphasized by the low quality lights supplied by the bathroom itself. Despite being in totally utter confusion of the person's gender, Sung Hee stood in amazement. 

After a few moments of gawking at the beauty of this mysterious person, she soon realized that it was talking to her.

"I-I'm sorry I wasn't listening" she humbly confessed, "Can you repeat what you were saying?"

The person only smiled and began to talk again, "I'm Jang Kyung Wook, you're new assistant. You're the new CEO, Heo Sung Hee, no?"

"Yes. Um.. I hope we will wor-- wait Kyung Wook?" Kyung Wook nodded, anticipating Sung Hee's reaction.

"Th-that means you're a g-guy! Or are you a girl? I don't know, I'm just so con--"

"-- Yeah I'm a guy and please don't call me 'Kyung Wook', only umma calls me that; call me Kyungie instead! OOH and you can be Sungie! Ahh this is going to be sooo much fun!" the boy smiled brightly while she gave a doubtful look.

"But in all seriousness I'm here to help you! I knew your uncle before his death since I was the mail boy at SM and now I've been promoted! I know everything that you should know about this company and will totally be there whenever you need it!"

Sung Hee just nodded her head, insisting herself to pretend to understand Kyungie (in general), "Okay."

"So what now?" she asked in curiosity.

Kyungie gave a mischievious smile. Grasping the CEO's shoulders, he pushed her into the nearest bathroom stall. In a matter of moments filled with multiple wails and clothes being thrown about, Sung Hee had left the bathroom stall looking glamourous but feeling a bit violated.

"Don't you know that it's inappropriate to touch a woman like that without her permission?!" she screamed while looking at her reflection in the mirror.

"I know, I'm sorry." Kyungie nonchalantly spoke, "It doesn't matter because you look amazing and you probably like it too."

Before their eyes laid an image of a modern day Cinderella: she was dressed in a one shouldered pleated navy satin dress with a high slit in the center and a pair of black t-strap stilettos; she allowed her hair to curl and drape over her bare shoulders. Although she didn't mean to look so vain, she couldn't help but feel breathless over her quick transformation; on the other hand, Kyungie had a smug look on his face.

"Alright now... we don't want to spend too much time on you." he poked his boss on the cheek "Sungie noona has to get to her party before all the important people get angry."

Snapping out of her trance Sung Hee quickly turned to her assistant, "WHAT?!"

"Y'know" Kyungie modestly began, "You're debut to the entertainment business; there'll be idols and producers and other important music people." Sung Hee gulped.

"I also heard that YG and JYP will be there." The young CEO's eyes grew in fear while her assistant simply chuckled.

"You'll be fine! I'll be by your side to help you through it!"

"Well that worries me..." Sung Hee quietly spoke to herself.

Kyungie turned to the elder girl, "What was that?"

"Nothing. Let's go."

 

As the hazel wooden double doors opened, a sea of eyes simultaneously averted their eyes to the guest of honor. Sung Hee slowly began to feel dizzy at the sight of the of hundreds of eyes placed on her; some admiring her presence while others feeling a bit doubtful. This only made her grasp Kyungie's arm tighter and her smile look more uneasy.

By the time she had reached the bottom of the marble staircase the party had finally resumed back to normal: various idols happily ate and socialized to their heart's contents while clothed in the finest material, and producers and executives were chatting away about random topics of business. Either way, they paid little to no attention to the new CEO, which gave her less anxiety to think about.

"Noona you should go talk to people. Make yourself known." Kyungie whispered to her ear while toying with his drink.

"I think I'm well known by now. I mean... this is my party after all."

The younger boy frowned, "Don't be so smart mouthed." the elder girl smirked.

"Go talk to some idols. They won't be so mean, right?" Kyungie pointed to a group of female idols seated at a secluded area of couches. Feeling intimidated, Sung Hee only clung onto his arm tighter. Kyungie sighed and began to drag the CEO towards the girls.

In various shapes and sizes of gowns, a group of female idols happily chatted as if they were long time friends. The closer Sung Hee had moved towards them the more she realized how pretty they were no matter what the situation. Eventually she was close enough to see their beauty that it caused her to feel more nervous.

Though if it wasn't for Kyungie's stubborn-ness she would've ran away due to intimidation.

"How are you lovely ladies doing tonight?" the younger boy suavely asked, causing the group of female idols to giggle.

"If you don't know already, I would like to introduce to you SM Entertainment's newest CEO, Heo Sung Hee."

Annoyed at Kyungie's sudden introduction, her eye had randomly twitched, but she managed to keep a smile on her face to avoid any misunderstandings. "Annyeonghasaeyo. I am Heo Sung Hee." she paused, slightly slapping Kyungie's back, "And this is my assistant Jang Kyung Wook."

"I'm sorry if he's a bit... corny and blunt but he's just trying to help me." she confessed to the idols in front of her. The girls warmly understood and proceeded to give their proper greetings.

"Annyeong! I am After School's leader, Park Kahi. I hope you will do well in your time as CEO."

"Annyeonghasaeyo! I am Dara from 2ne1. I'm sorry this is random but I really like your dress."

Sung Hee's smile and confidence grew as the list of female idols continued including CUBE's G.Na and Jihyun, SECRET's Zinger, SISTAR's Bora and Soyu, Miss A's Fei and many others. Feeling accomplished she turned to Kyungie.

...but he had disappeared. 

"Your assistant is over there." a masculine looking girl pointed to the bar where some male idols were chatting, with Kyungie hovering over a cute short boy, "I think he's flirting with BEAST's Yoseob... or at least trying to." Sung Hee chuckled at the sight.

"Anyways I'm Amber from f(x). We're in the same company and I'm excited to work with you."

Both girls bowed to each other before Amber had taken a seat with the rest of the female idols. Despite feeling more comfortable with girls, Sung Hee quietly decided to excuse herself and linger around other groups of idols, just to be nice. Behind her facade of accomplishment, she still was facing brief moments of doubt and anxiety with this new situation, but she had to deal with it if she wanted to survive in the dog eat dog world of the k-pop industry.

But for now she had another situation to deal with. In the seconds of being in deep thought she had bumped in to something hard.

'Oooof.'

This something was also tall, dark, and handsome.

'Oh... I'm so sorry Miss Heo.' the boy spoke, with his deep voice giving chills down Sung Hee's spine. She didn't mind so much as her eyes locked on to his dark chocolate brown eyes. The seconds of this moment between the two of them felt like forever.  More shivers fell down her spine as she slowly began to be entranced by his presence.

 

And then she realized that the shivers weren't only from him but from his spilt cold drink that now seeped into her expensive designer dress.

She could've sworn that at the same time, somewhere in the background, she could hear Kyungie's piercing scream of horror.

 

 

author's note: yay! 2nd chapter. I'm glad that everyone likes it so far and is anticipating the results of the girl group. I have finally chosen the girls! :DD But they won't be announced until chapter 4. SORRY. I meant to introduce them in the next chapter but I wanted some time to make pretty graphics and this chapter was supposed to be a bit shorter. :/ ANYWAYSSS I hope you will continue reading and commenting. BYEEEEE.

ps. over 1000 views. woooooooo. i know that isn't much but it makes me happy. :) thank you thank you thank you!