♡ BEING THROWN TO THE WOLVES

The Young CEO

chapter one.

"Good morning everyone" Lee Soo Man began with a smile on his face, "...and welcome to today's press conference." Light bulbs flashed and all eyes were fixed onto his gaze but this did not faze him. Before him was crowd of possibly 40 reporters, photographers and cameramen; he stood with a purpose while the young girl behind him stared with fear embedded in her eyes.

It seemed too good to be true for Heo Sung Hee to believe that she was in a room full of people that were interested in her. In a matter of moments she briefly recalled being in a funeral parlor where her uncle's service was held and then in the former CEO's office and now she was sitting here awaiting her own announcement to, what she seemed to believe, all of South Korea.

"Let me get to the point, if you guys don't mind me being blunt" Soo Man stated firmly, calming the chaos in the room. Silence enveloped the crowded room.

"This gir-- I mean young woman behind me is Heo Sung Hee. Currently she is a graduate of Seoul National University with a degree in literature." the girl tugged on the hem of her designer dress as her name was being called. "And she is the only niece of the beloved former CEO of SM Entertainment."

Whispers now floated around the conference room, making her feel a bit more conscious about her presence. Apparently it was controversial to have a relation to such a big company, she thought.

"Before his death, Kim Young Min had approached me to such an outrageous proposal that I even doubted considering it. But because it was someone like Young Min, I had to do it."

Soo Man continued, noting his statement caused more excitement in the crowd, "With the rest of his strength he gave me a photograph of a beautiful young girl. He stated that it was the most precious thing in the world, next to SM Entertainment, of course."

"Behind this photograph contained Young Min's last proposal to me." Soo Man paused and looked back at Sung Hee. She held her breath, anticipating the following words coming out of his mouth.

"He had specifically asked that she would fulfill his responsibilities as CEO of SM Entertainment."

"I believed this was a crazy idea" he chuckled, 'until I began to think about it."

"It has been said that 'fortune favors the bold' and at SM Entertainment we have been known to take some drastic steps..."

"... of course we have not always been rewarded with success but despite that we have been fortunate."

"Again I state that if I hadn't cherished Young Min's efforts as much as I did I probably would have not considered this. But of course I did." the elder man paused after a while of speaking. Making a complete turn, he signaled to Sung Hee to stand next to him, and she obeyed.

At that moment that Sung Hee stood, all her focus was to the hundred pairs of eyes in front of her. She gulped in the moment of fear.

"Although we have discussed this privately I would like to ask her again: Do you, Heo Sung Hee, accept this responsibility?"

Time began to slow down for Sung Hee who, currently, had spent the last few seconds counting how many light bulbs were flashing in her eyes and taking time to look at the SM Town representatives (Leeteuk and Eunhyuk from Super Junior, Taeyeon and Sooyoung from SNSD, Onew from SHINee, Victoria from f(x), Jay from the TRAX, and actresses Go Ara and Lee Yeon Hee) who cocked their heads and eyebrows in anticipation of her answer. If it wasn't for the fact that she was about to make a life changing decision for the people around her, she probably would've fainted at the presence of the idols behind her.

But as much as she wanted to reply with a simple word something didn't feel right. It was as if the word 'yes' had lodged itself between , refusing to leave, despite the urgency of the response. Doubt began to fill her and others eyes.

Did she really desire to be CEO of one of the biggest entertainment companies in South Korea?

Even more important than that, did she really WANT to be CEO of one of the biggest entertainment companies in South Korea?

Once again her eyes shifted from the nine people behind her to the forty that were in front of her. Although it was only a few seconds of silence it was almost like a million years in hers.

"Sung Hee-ah" Soo Man whispered, covering the microphone that laid between them, "Are you ok? You can still back out now, we'll understand."

His stern eyes practically now burned through her vulnerable ones; he seemed patient for her answer but that was a lie, he really needed to know. Hell, everyone needed to know her answer, even herself.

"Umm..." she mumbled a couple of unheard words and then approached the microphone.

'Kill me now' she thought.

"Hello." she began, almost holding her breath, "My name is Heo Sung Hee, but I guess you already knew that due to Lee Soo Man-sshi." the audience chuckled at her innocent statement, she then smiled in relief.

"My uncle was a great man; he did so much for so many people in such a short time and I am thankful for that."

"I know that I am not a worthy candidate for this role. I actually had refused this offer the first time I had met with Lee Soo Man-sshi. But like him I took time to think about it." she paused and noticed her palms began to sweat.

"I originally came today to announce that I would accept the role as CEO only for the benefit of my beloved uncle. It would have been wrong of my to neglect his wishes and watch his legacy be wasted by untrusted hands. But now I stand before you to accept this title, not just because of my uncle, but for myself and those that need it the most-- the loyal artists of SM Entertainment and their equally loyal fans."

"In a business that is rapidly changing and expanding everyday it is only right for there to be some type of authority in control. Also, like Lee Soo Man-sshi said earlier, fortunate favors the bold and I believe that with my in change SM Entertainment will only continue to rise in success as it was with Lee Soo Man and Kim Young Min in control." Sung Hee finished, bowing the audience before leaving to return her seat.

Reporters buzzed around the room in excitement of the news and smiles were all around the board behind her. Deep inside of her she was happy but couldn't help but to continue secretly doubting her decision. She decided that for the moment she could keep a facade on her face.

"Thank you Sung Hee and congratulations." Lee Soo Man returned to the microphone with a bigger smile on his face.

"To conclude today's conference I'd like to announce the terms of Heo Sung Hee's agreement to SM Entertainment."

"As of this moment Heo Sung Hee has now all control to SM Entertainment though this is only temporary."

"It is obvious in many reports and your faces that there is some doubt in Heo Sung Hee's ability to lead this company. Thus we have conducted a plan for her to only be CEO for a year. In this duration of time I will personally seek out other candidate for this role. At the end of the year, if Sung Hee-sshi refuses the title of CEO, we will then pass it on to someone more reliable." he concluded without a doubt. Also, for the first time in the press conference, Sung Hee did not show any fear or doubt in her eyes but instead showed confidence in Lee Soo Man's words.

"That's it for today. There will not be a question and answer segment. Thank you for your patience and cooperation." And with that the founder and new CEO disappeared from the hundreds of eyes and flashing light bulbs.

 

 

author's note: gah. so bad. :/ maybe I should just stick with writing fake allkpop articles. haha. just kidding. it wasn't that bad right? was it too long or short? i don't know anymore. .__. i just needed to do a little introduction of Sung Hee accepting her fate and then the fun will begin. I PROMISE. :) more interactions with idols is so much better than ol' Lee Soo Man. haha. anticipate the next chapter!

as for the results of the members of CYGNUS... it's not completely finished yet. i have a rough outline of the group but I still have applications coming in. .__. please bear with me. anyways i wasn't planning on revealing them for another two of three chapters. haha~ :P 

thank you all for subscribing and commenting! please continue to do so! :D i'll be back with another update soon. byebye.